Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FALLOUT EQUESTRIA ROLEPLAY SEASON 3 ((OOC/Character Sheets))

+9
Moodyman90
Aonee
Katarn
Ketchup
Ironmonger
CamoBadger
XT Vengeance
Scyto Harmony
Orm
13 posters

Page 14 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Go down

FALLOUT EQUESTRIA ROLEPLAY SEASON 3 ((OOC/Character Sheets)) - Page 14 Empty Re: FALLOUT EQUESTRIA ROLEPLAY SEASON 3 ((OOC/Character Sheets))

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:29 pm

I've seen trained dogs climb ladders before so I suppose it's possible to teach a dog to pick apples.

Seems like a waste of time to me. Not the ladder climbing, I believe they teach that to rescue dogs. The apple picking.

Back to top Go down

FALLOUT EQUESTRIA ROLEPLAY SEASON 3 ((OOC/Character Sheets)) - Page 14 Empty Re: FALLOUT EQUESTRIA ROLEPLAY SEASON 3 ((OOC/Character Sheets))

Post by Frost Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:34 pm

If I had an apple tree, I'd totally teach my dog to pick from it. That way he wouldn't be hungry if I was out for most of the day (Hah! That implies I have a life), and it could fetch me healthy snacks when I was hungry

Plus, he could go all Genesis on it and offer the fruit to random passersby, and you have to take your clothes off if you say 'no', because Jesus
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:41 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
and you have to take your clothes off if you say 'no', because Jesus
Uh...wut? As if I would still have my clothes on near your house.

I mean...I'm totally not trying to frame you for streaking...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:48 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
and you have to take your clothes off if you say 'no', because Jesus
Uh...wut? As if I would still have my clothes on near your house.

I mean...I'm totally not trying to frame you for streaking...

Yeah, Camo, because I totally need to be framed *rolls eyes*
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:56 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:"Why would I want to just go around having sex with strange mares? That's what Scorch does," Charcoal asked, confused.

Scorch has sex with mares?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:58 pm

Pimp Scorch and his pimp hat.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:01 am

Oh, when the bird has sex with horses it's alright? This is biased. I'm filing a complaint with the Clermont County Sheriff's Department
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:01 am

Was fury awake back then? She might do something like that considering her creepy half manticore friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:02 am

Mister Frost wrote:Oh, when the bird has sex with horses it's alright? This is biased. I'm filing a complaint with the Clermont County Sheriff's Department
Sir, you're just in the wrong country. In Afghanistan that's completely fine.

Except...you know... they don't have horses. Just camels and goats... lots and lots of goats...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:03 am

CamoBadger wrote: lots and lots of goats...

I'll be in my bunk
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:12 am

Mister Frost wrote:

I'll be in my bunk
FALLOUT EQUESTRIA ROLEPLAY SEASON 3 ((OOC/Character Sheets)) - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLgBXqS8ETH4UWhMfu2gXzwF_9PdEBL_l4c2pPZGcJfN6PwSPZ
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:13 am

CamoBadger wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:

I'll be in my bunk
FALLOUT EQUESTRIA ROLEPLAY SEASON 3 ((OOC/Character Sheets)) - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLgBXqS8ETH4UWhMfu2gXzwF_9PdEBL_l4c2pPZGcJfN6PwSPZ

*squints* is that...a blue duck?

Here, ducky ducky ducky *places bait on bunk*
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:14 am

It's a crow, you simpleton. Twilight crazy
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:15 am

this is pretty cool:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:23 am

CamoBadger wrote:It's a crow, you simpleton. Twilight crazy

Indigo Crow Stalker

Dibs on that band name/news-coined serial-killer name
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 am

I HAVE BEEN DOING RESEARCH!!!

I learned more about ravens than I cared to know, but suddenly they're pretty awesome.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:46 am

Yeah. Usin' tools, speakin' language-wordness, recognizin' faces. Yeah, they're the shit.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:48 am

Ravens are always awesome, crows are give or take, depending on the culture and the how and when they show up.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:58 am

Oh, it gets better.
They manipulate bigger animals into getting food for them. They get a bigger animal like a wolf or coyote to chase them to a fresh carcass. They'll wait until the bigger predator tears open the body to present the softer, easier to eat meat, and then either chase it off and eat or pick food out while the big animal eats.
They hide food and steal food from other ravens, and they even pretend to hide food somewhere to trick other birds into checking there.
They can communicate locations and plans to each other, such as younger birds planning with their flock to scare off two older and bigger birds from food they want. (Something that [among vertebrates] only ravens and humans can do).
They actually play. Chicks slide down snowbanks for fun and use sticks as toys. Juveniles play catch-me-if-you-can with wolves for fun (they mock and taunt the wolf until it chases them, run away, and then do it again until they get bored).
And they seem to have advanced problem solving skills. For example: in an experiment to get food, there was a perch with a string attached to it and meat hanging on the other end. To get it they had to pull the string up, but they had to step on the rope after each pull to shorten the string. 90% of the birds figured it out after 1 failure (failure meaning they just jerked on the string). Along with other tests, they've figured out ravens don't do trial-and-error problem solving, they look at a problem and then solve it.

Oh, and you mentioned that their languageness. Yes, they're awesome like that too. They can mimic sounds they hear, including human speech.

Ravens: Fuckin' boss.

Last edited by CamoBadger on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:01 am

Damn.
Ravens are cooler than I thought.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Sex: Male
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:04 am

They did an experiment where a single person wearing a mask went out and harassed any ravens he could find

The next day, they sent out several people wearing identical masks. All wearing the masks were immediately mobbed by whole groups of ravens

They did another story where they two ravens, each with a plastic tube and a basket of food at the end. One had a hooked wire, the other a straight wire. (Neither raven had ever used or even seen wire)

The one with the hooked wire used it to hook the basket and got the food. The one with the straight wire....bent it into a hook, then used it to hook the basket and get the food

They've studied and found that not only do Ravens and Crows have languages, but regional dialects.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:13 am

It's interesting how some animals fill a niche like ravens do, not through physical characteristics and merely being stronger or bigger, but smarter and creative.

I still think ants are more interesting than ravens, though. Especially leafcutters.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:16 am

Army Ants are superior ants.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:22 am

CamoBadger wrote:Army Ants are superior ants.
Indeed, they're an interesting group as well. What I like about leafcutters is the complexity of their colonies and active fungus cultivation and symbiosis, something very few organisms do.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:24 am

Slaver Ants are relatively interesting to study
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:38 am

Ketchup wrote:Indeed, they're an interesting group as well. What I like about leafcutters is the complexity of their colonies and active fungus cultivation and symbiosis, something very few organisms do.
I like army ants because of their still somewhat mysterious activity (for most species), and the number of other species that live among them or even require them to survive. Gotta love how nature and evolution work to take something that seems violent and completely dangerous into something so complex and healthy for the environment.
I especially like the beetles that evolved to mimic the ants and live among them their entire lives; not many places safer than among 1 million highly aggressive ants that think you're family.

Also, I'm out for the night. Gonna run and hit the hay. Later guys.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:40 am

Night Camo. And if i may ask. could you NOT proceed to next battle till Friday? It's okay if for everyone else better would be to start it sooner, but this way I'd get full sleep todat and could be awake whole night on Friday.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:43 am

Night, Camo. Watch out for hawks
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:44 am

Katarn wrote:Night Camo. And if i may ask. could you NOT proceed to next battle till Friday? It's okay if for everyone else better would be to start it sooner, but this way I'd get full sleep today and could be awake whole night on Friday.
And I can't do anything on Friday. I have to work and I have school.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance
High Inquisitor of Jackassery

Brohoof! : 40

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:46 am

As I said - it's okay if it will be sooner, I just need to know before, so I could get more coffee and/or energy drinks.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next