Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+13
Fuzzy
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Orm
jacky2734
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Cptadder
Ketchup
RoboRed
CamoBadger
XT Vengeance
17 posters

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 23 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by RoboRed Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:49 pm

i thought that thing looked rather british...:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 23 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Fuzzy Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:28 am

Wait wait wait.

0:54

"At the core it's a Chieftain World War 2 tank"

I...I....

"It's a custom tank" "Up to 60"

it could already do that you morons. All you did was disable the engine rev limiter on the Chieftain. That is not "custom", stop trying to appear fancy.

Auuuuurrrgggghhhh I had to watch this sequence before I got to see Star Trek in a special preview and it have me raging in the seats enough as it was.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:36 am

And it also has a glass canopy.

The facepalm is strong with us both, I see.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:56 am

Fuzzy wrote:Wait wait wait.

0:54

"At the core it's a Chieftain World War 2 tank"

I...I....

"It's a custom tank" "Up to 60"

it could already do that you morons. All you did was disable the engine rev limiter on the Chieftain. That is not "custom", stop trying to appear fancy.

Auuuuurrrgggghhhh I had to watch this sequence before I got to see Star Trek in a special preview and it have me raging in the seats enough as it was.
By "custom" he mean that the tank got modded to not look like what it's based upon. You know, like a "custom" vehicle.

Valikdu wrote:And it also has a glass canopy.

The facepalm is strong with us both, I see.
To be fair there is precedence (even though it isn't a tank) => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratel_IFV

It looks cool (which all is needed in a Fast and Furious movie, really), and the glass canopy itself is tiny.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:26 pm

*goes to wikipedia*

>Chieftain tank
>WW2

Yeah, no, I can't defend that one...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:33 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:To be fair there is precedence (even though it isn't a tank) => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratel_IFV

It looks cool (which all is needed in a Fast and Furious movie, really), and the glass canopy itself is tiny.
Well, Ratel's front protection is only against .50 bullets, which is possible for armor glass.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:36 pm

I think we can all agree, however, that watching a tank effortlessly running over vehicles at high speed is nothing short of fucking awesome.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:To be fair there is precedence (even though it isn't a tank) => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratel_IFV

Well, Ratel's front protection is only against .50 bullets, which is possible for armor glass.
I don't want to poop on your parade ( Spike), but I would hazard a guess that it offer better protection than there. Especially given how slopped the canopy is.

@ Robo : no disagreement here.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:54 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Valikdu wrote:

I don't want to poop on your parade ( Spike), but I would hazard a guess that it offer better protection than there. Especially given how slopped the canopy is.

@ Robo : no disagreement here.

That's just with an open hatch for ease of non-combat movements, they wouldn't sit like that in battle. The Chieftain's hatch when closed down forms part of the massively armoured sloped front. :p

I kinda wish they'd just left the Chieftain without all that flimsy add ons, it looks way more threatening and tough without it. (Heck, the Chieftain is easily mistakable for a modern tank visually and its gun is certainly still modern, it was that ahead of its time)
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Oh, forgot to make my near-daily update of "Robo's little WoT world".Derpy Hooves

Started running my AT8 by myself some more. Starting to get a proper feel for it. Got the third gun. It's not too bad, but it's still no AT2.

Got the second engine for my Ferdie. Now it moves at AT2 speeds. :P

Haven't had any games with the Indien Panzer yet. Waiting until I can get a moment to platoon with Vergil again for that.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:26 pm

The stupid seems extremely widespread among teams today.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:21 pm

So on seeing the Conqueror video by QuickyBaby, I made a comment denoting how WG botched the frontal armour of it, making it 130mm instead of 180mm as it was in reality.

Now I'll say now, someone came out and replied later on that corrected me and I'm happy to be corrected, I want to know the truth about tanks after all, so good on him.

But QB himself replied disagreeing with me and on how that would make it "overpowered." (Despite that it really wouldn't to those of us who can't spend gold like it were free like he can) And I said to him I disagreed but it was all very civil and befitting his own modest type. He's a great guy, really.

But oh gods, what happened next.

Because he replied, my post went to the top of his comment tree. Since then, I've had over 40 replies of people jumping in like some Quickybaby Defence Force quoting basically what he said only incorrectly, with the wrong reasons and with a lot of rudeness and it just won't stop. Just a mass of fanboys chirping what the guy they love said to try and be "in" with it.

Sigh. Youtube.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Fuzzy wrote:So on seeing the Conqueror video by QuickyBaby, I made a comment denoting how WG botched the frontal armour of it, making it 130mm instead of 180mm as it was in reality.

Now I'll say now, someone came out and replied later on that corrected me and I'm happy to be corrected, I want to know the truth about tanks after all, so good on him.

But QB himself replied disagreeing with me and on how that would make it "overpowered." (Despite that it really wouldn't to those of us who can't spend gold like it were free like he can) And I said to him I disagreed but it was all very civil and befitting his own modest type. He's a great guy, really.

But oh gods, what happened next.

Because he replied, my post went to the top of his comment tree. Since then, I've had over 40 replies of people jumping in like some Quickybaby Defence Force quoting basically what he said only incorrectly, with the wrong reasons and with a lot of rudeness and it just won't stop. Just a mass of fanboys chirping what the guy they love said to try and be "in" with it.

Sigh. Youtube.

Yeah, that's one of the things I don't like about the youtube mentality. It's almost as bad as 4chan sometimes (the key difference is that 4chan is anonymous wheras youtubers attach a name to themselves when they're behaving like dicks). Admittedly, although balance should come before complete historical accuracy, in this case I think the conqueror should have its armour because dear god the sides and rear are horrible.

Also, I'm going to court contoversey and say that I think the tank they designed for the film is actually pretty good. It looks the part of a modern tank and that enclosed driver's window box thing over the actual drivers hatch is a stroke of genius- you get the visibility you need for the higher speed stunts that the driver needs while still looking really hard and menacing to a cinema audience. I was impressed with the speed they hit the other cars at, normally tanks drive over them relatively slowly. I do hope they have a spare engine and gearbox though because I'd hate to think what pushing it that far past the speed governor's maximum is doing inside.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:43 pm

Fuzzy wrote:So on seeing the Conqueror video by QuickyBaby,
And for some strange reason, YouTube COMPLTETELY neglected to mention this video on my subscriptions page. Dunno why. Watching now.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:06 pm

Yeah, it's been doing that lately.

Also, we've had a feedback fully on the FV4202 visit to Bovington by an ex-REME member of the British forum. (For those who don't know, REME are the engineers of the British Army) He took Richard the Challenger along for the ride too and got a look at the unit itself along with records in the archives.

Findings...it's a mix really.

The FV4202's turret is definitely stronger than what WG says it is. 195mm all over with, get this, 200mm of internal spaced armour on the absolute front horizontal plane. Its turret was epic tier tough. That's 395mm of effective armour which makes precise sense as it was the testbed for the Chieftain which has exactly the same on its turret front as well.

The turret ring was also found to be exceptionally strong at 240mm thickness while the commander's hatch is approx half the size that WG actually made it, on account of the top half being found to be nothing more than doodads that in game become no-damage spots.

Lastly, the traverse speed would be higher than a Centurion (which it already is, so good on WG there for spotting the shorter track length) and we can get to the more interesting elements that aren't so much good news at all...

The engine, after checking the records was found to indeed be a Meteor and not a Griffin as some had suspected it might get the upgrade to (and thus gain 150hp or something). So that was a dead end that unfortunately was a lucky guess by WG. (Who had no clue what engine it had, indeed even the curator didn't know until they checked the archives, something WG didn't do. They just guessed.)

What is worse though is the gun. Now this is reeeeally interesting. The guy posted up saying "I don't know what they is, but it certainly isn't an L7 105mm gun." At first people went "Wait...it's not a 120mm is it?" But he then quickly got edited by Challenger to remove what he said it was before anyone saw. The reply was "We don't want WG seeing that. God knows what they'll do if they find out."

Now this is a very interesting element, given that the British went directly from the 20 pounder (which is an 83mm gun) to the 105mm gun. Does this hint that the FV4202 only had a 20 pounder? Did it use a French 90mm which the British did experiment with sometimes in the early Cold War as an alternative? No-one really knows right now so goodness only knows what this gun actually is in reality.

Edit - I've been informed that it may be a 20 Pounder Type B barrel with the muzzle brake removed in the storage facility to fit near the wall. So the FV4202 is likely to only have had a 20 pounder it seems. Given it's a test tank simply to try out some new technology I'm not surprised really. You don't put a dearly needed L7 gun on something that isn't even intended to shoot even a target.

So in effect, what it seems is that the FV4202, if picked up on this info by WG may see a much stronger turret and less conspicuous cupola.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Wandered around youtube. Was curious about what it's like to fire tank rounds from inside. Found some nifty vids.

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Got a few friends in tank regiments/units (depending on country). Their general thing they all seem to say in common without consulting one another is that you never ever get used to the feeling of the main gun going off and that you never want to get used to it lest it kill the rush of excitement every single time.

Sweet Cthulhu what I would give to drive a modern one for even an hour.

Also, I got myself a Churchill GC in order to grind out the 32 Pounder early and thus make the AT-15 a quicker prospect to get to my goal, the Tortoise. Also just because I want to try every British tank at least once.

I thought I was prepared for a bad tank. "It'll be okay" I told myself, "I'll just play it careful, hang back and be patient with that big gun. I'll make it work somehow. I like things that are a little different."

I thought I was prepared.

I wasn't.

This tank is garbage beyond all realms of belief. You can really see why the British never sent these things to war. Slow, no armour, lowest gun horizontal traverse in the entire game, low alpha and terrible camo with a huge flat front. The only good side it has (decent depression) is ruled out by the skyscraper above you that they just shoot anyway.

You get the sense that WG, for all their bias, honestly tried with this thing. But the mere concept of it is so bad that there isn't much you can do. I'd have at least hoped for a wider traverse than this though if I were making it for the game.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:08 am

Got the 17-pounder for the AT8 as well as 1st class mastery.

You know, this thing really hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. At least, once I got past those absolutely horrid first two guns. Still doesn't beat the AT2, though. That little thing will forever give zero fucks about anything (except arty) and be awesome because of it.

Had a few games in the Indien Panzer with Vergil. They were all cursed with idiot teams, high-ranking clans on the opposing teams, and two sequential games with deliberate teamkillers. Not fun.

Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:47 am

AT-8 is pretty decent at its top gun, good DPM but it's very much a "big win or big loss" without much in between really.

I've recently moved onto the AT-7. I expected it to be horrible with the 17 pounder but the rate of fire increase it gets is insane. The DPM it can put out if it catches anyone flank on is beyond ridiculous. Couple that with a bouncier front and it can quickly rack up the damage.

It has to stay further back though, there's much more lethal tanks that can tear it up from in close though. Looking forward to the 20 pounder on it.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Patch 8.6 is being applied right now. I'll see if I can get a commentary up once it's installed.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:27 pm

Finished my update. Had a couple games. Not bad. Loving the improved accuracy. But my problems haven't been arty. Oh, no...

All of my teams have been filled with card-carrying members of the League of Extraordinary Rejects.Scootaloo

Imma go fold some laundry or something and come back later.

And how the hell do I sell back my Super Pershing for that gold refund? I want that gold, damnit!
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Haha arty "nerf". It made the skilled ones more effective, if not more reliant on teammates, and the bad ones go play another class.

Of course they then have no idea how to play said class and I'm expecting the retard fairy to sprinkle his magic over the servers for the next week and a half.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:27 pm

The M12 seems to be very mobile now. With crew perks and changes to the suspension and new engine, it's very mobile now.
Didn't get an M44. Sad.
Splash damage seems more effective, thus, so is direct-fire. Accuracy seems lower, ROF is obviously much lower. More powerful, I think.
More profitable, for sure.
New firing and bounce sounds are nice... when they don't make me jump...
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Yeah, the new sound effects (once you get used to them) are a very welcome change.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:54 pm

My PzIV got bounced three times in a row by a T1 Heavy, who proceeded to call me a hacker.Queen Pinkie Pie Oh that was fun.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:58 pm

HA!
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Slowly losing my way up to the next gun on the IP. God, this stock gun is useless...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:49 pm

TOG!!!

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:14 pm

Yeah, fuck saving the free XP for the engine on my Ferdie. This stock gun on the IP is just ABYSMAL unless someone's side is facing me.

Fortunately, I've been having decent luck in my games with the AT 8...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:37 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:My PzIV got bounced three times in a row by a T1 Heavy

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 23 Dr_Hax_by_Tigergruppen46763

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!!
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next