Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout Equestria: Starlight

5 posters

Go down

Fallout Equestria: Starlight Empty Fallout Equestria: Starlight

Post by volrathxp Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:35 pm

Hello everyone! It was suggested to me that I post over here, so here I am!

I am the author of the story "Fallout Equestria: Starlight", a post-Sunshine and Rainbows story about Radiant Star, an alicorn member of the Followers of the Apocalypse.

Currently the story clocks in at a little over 300k words overall, and more to come! If you enjoy it, leave me a comment on FIMFiction and an upvote/favorite if you like!

Fallout Equestria: Starlight

Twilight Sparkle

Synopsis

When the Goddess died, the minds and souls in Unity spread out across the Alicorn race. From the ashes of her death, the Alicorns banded together and with assistance from Velvet Remedy created the Followers of the Apocalypse.

Radiant Star, a younger Alicorn and a newly initiated member of the Followers, experiences a terrifying magic that changes her body to appear similar to a certain Ministry Mare that was part of the Goddess. But the changes do not stop there. Star soon finds that she is harboring the barest emotions and feelings of Twilight Sparkle, and is desperate to understand why.

With her fellow Follower Violet Iris in tow, Star searches for the answers she needs. Soon she will find out that her transformation will affect the entire world.
volrathxp
volrathxp
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria: Starlight Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Starlight

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Welcome to the forums! You'll probably get quite a few views from advertising here, this is like the main base for Project Horizons after all.

Starlight is really the only fic I actually pay close attention to. The relationships of the main group and the bad stuff that happens to them really do evoke an emotional response from the reader. Plus the invention of Stargazer and the Sins is just plain genius!

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:48 pm

Welcome to Cloudsville! Like Ironmonger said, you're sure to get some reads from people here (if they aren't already reading your story), and I hope you enjoy our little site.

I've you've got any questions, feel free to ask me anything and I'll happily answer.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by volrathxp Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Welcome to the forums! You'll probably get quite a few views from advertising here, this is like the main base for Project Horizons after all.

Starlight is really the only fic I actually pay close attention to. The relationships of the main group and the bad stuff that happens to them really do evoke an emotional response from the reader. Plus the invention of Stargazer and the Sins is just plain genius!

Thanks for the comments, and also for reading!!

CamoBadger wrote:Welcome to Cloudsville! Like Ironmonger said, you're sure to get some reads from people here (if they aren't already reading your story), and I hope you enjoy our little site.

I've you've got any questions, feel free to ask me anything and I'll happily answer.

Thanks! I'll let you know if anything comes up!
volrathxp
volrathxp
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:01 pm

It's honestly the best I've ever read aside from Somber's work. It's long enough to make a profound impact, but not so long that you think "OH SHIT I'M DROWNING IN WORDS! D:" If you ever need some advice on weapon ideas or anything along those lines, feel free to send me a PM over Fimfiction or email me at lordkorloros@aol.com, I am a bit of a wiz with guns and a gun nut.
EDIT: Misspelled my own email. Shy

Last edited by Ironmonger on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by volrathxp Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Ironmonger wrote:It's honestly the best I've ever read aside from Somber's work. It's long enough to make a profound impact, but not so long that you think "OH SHIT I'M DROWNING IN WORDS! D:" If you ever need some advice on weapon ideas or anything along those lines, feel free to send me a PM over Fimfiction or email me at lordkorlors@aol.com, I am a bit of a wiz with guns and a gun nut.

Thanks again!

That's quite humbling to hear someone comparing me to Somber's work. Indeed, several have... and I always feel very humbled by it. So, thank you so so much.
volrathxp
volrathxp
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:51 am

I'm actually in the process of reading Chapter 17 as we speak. I'm considering doing reviews of some of the chapters (I mean like the new ones, I don't have the time to go through all of them again). If I may ask, Volrath, what got you into writing in the first place?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by volrathxp Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:53 am

Ironmonger wrote:I'm actually in the process of reading Chapter 17 as we speak. I'm considering doing reviews of some of the chapters (I mean like the new ones, I don't have the time to go through all of them again). If I may ask, Volrath, what got you into writing in the first place?

Questions! Answers! Obligatory plugs!

I guess I have to say that my wife got me into writing stuff initially.

We used to do little rpg stories a long while back, and then I also used to DM for several D&D groups (so I'm fairly used to worldbuilding).

My wife is the biggest reason I like FIM, she's an old school fan / collector / customizer (check her stuff out at LuckyStar MLP Customs) and when she started watching the show, I ended up very much enjoying it.

Conversely, I pulled her into the FOE realm, as she's done several FOE-related customs including a commission from my editor for Ministry Mare Pinkie Pie's, one of which now rests upon the desk of Kkat herself.
volrathxp
volrathxp
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:08 am

...That actually explains a lot. Your world-building seems more natural as opposed to how a lot of authors, including myself, attempt to just wing it.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by volrathxp Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:02 am

Hey everypony!

Just thought I'd pop in and mention that we're currently in the middle of brushing on Chapter 20: The Sins We Commit, and I'll pop back in and update this thread when it's up and posted.

Thanks again so much for reading!
volrathxp
volrathxp
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:23 am

I really need to sit down one day and catch up on everything I want to read.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by volrathxp Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:24 am

Chapter 20 has been posted, at least to Gdocs and FIMFiction. Will upload to PFA later tonight. It was being weird on me this morning.

Have fun!
volrathxp
volrathxp
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:24 am

I saw this and I instantly thought of Radiant Star. Also, I think I'll post a review of the chapter when I get around to reading it.
Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria: Starlight Empty Chapter 21

Post by volrathxp Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:10 am

Chapter 21: Deconstruction has now been sent off to the brushies! Once it's up, I'll be sure to let y'all know. Rarity
volrathxp
volrathxp
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by volrathxp Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Chapter 21: Deconstruction is now up. Thanks for the reads!
volrathxp
volrathxp
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by volrathxp Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:24 pm

Chapter 22: City on Fire has been sent off to the brushies!
volrathxp
volrathxp
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by volrathxp Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Chapter 22: City on Fire has been released. Enjoy!!
volrathxp
volrathxp
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:23 pm

Iron's been telling me about your story. I promise I'll look through it when I get the chance, but as Kippershy can tell you, I'm the worst guy on earth about getting to my Read Later list
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by volrathxp Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:02 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Iron's been telling me about your story. I promise I'll look through it when I get the chance, but as Kippershy can tell you, I'm the worst guy on earth about getting to my Read Later list

Thanks! I appreciate it. :)
volrathxp
volrathxp
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:22 pm

I remembered what you said about having Dungeon-Mastered for a lot of groups, and that made me decide to get into a few RPG groups myself. A few months later and a lot of trial and error, I can now pretty easily create new characters on the fly, as well as develop lore and background stuff for a fictional universe much more easily.

Basically, thanks. Even though it wasn't advice, it still helped out quite a bit.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by volrathxp Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:16 am

Ironmonger wrote:I remembered what you said about having Dungeon-Mastered for a lot of groups, and that made me decide to get into a few RPG groups myself. A few months later and a lot of trial and error, I can now pretty easily create new characters on the fly, as well as develop lore and background stuff for a fictional universe much more easily.

Basically, thanks. Even though it wasn't advice, it still helped out quite a bit.

No problem. :) Thank you for continuing to read.
volrathxp
volrathxp
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by volrathxp Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:06 am

Just an aside, Chapter 23: For Honor and Glory has been released.

Thanks!
volrathxp
volrathxp
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:26 pm

I've gotten back to reading the story, and I formed a theory on Lilith.

We (Project Horizons Comment Crew) got to discussing the questionable effectiveness of wingblades, how they would hinder flight and be hard to move unless using a complex design (That's a slight criticism but irrelevant to the point). Anyway, it got me thinking about why exactly she has those. If I remember correctly, she woke up with those blades fused to her wings after her transformation into Lust. She was given them so that she would have a high chance of killing anyone she got involved with, if you buy into the whole 'wingboner' thing. To me it makes sense, she was used as an assassin, her name was Lust, and Lust is a Deadly Sin. She can never love, only lust, and it will usually end in disaster.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down