Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S03E06 Sleepless in Ponyville

+12
Formis_Fluttergod
IncoherentOrange
Downloaded Skill
CamoBadger
Ketchup
jacky2734
Moodyman90
Aonee
Katarn
RoboRed
Orm
Cptadder
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

S03E06 Sleepless in Ponyville Empty S03E06 Sleepless in Ponyville

Post by Cptadder Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:39 am

Link to the EQ live streams
We finally get an episode about a chicken featuring guest two dictionaries and a background pony. Guest Staring Princess Luna in the drug fueled Nam flashbacks.

Youtube Link

Last edited by Cptadder on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

S03E06 Sleepless in Ponyville Empty Re: S03E06 Sleepless in Ponyville

Post by Orm Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:41 am

And a marshmallow, don't forget that.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Sex: Male
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Camo's going to cream himself when he watches this episode.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:00 pm

RoboRed wrote:Camo's going to cream himself when he watches this episode.
Indeed.
It has everything!
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Yes he will.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:02 pm

I now confirm Luna as Best Princess. All in favor?
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Luna was always best princess.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:07 pm

So I'm watching the episode and then I can already see one memes in the process. Not only puppy dog eye Sweetie Bell but a few others that might take off.

So first commercial break after the cold tease, lets see. The kids are all camping with Rarity, Applejack and RD. And Rarity has a two story Pavilion Tent, and is being pulled by Sweetie Bell. And later being pushed by Sweetie Bell.

And then Sweetie Bell sung 99 buckets of oats on the wall and that makes two awwww moments.
Watching Scootaloo try and stay awake and refuse to admit she's scared in front of Rainbow Dash was great as well as her little nightmares. Pitched to kids of course, these were no I have no mouth and I must scream or the Last man on earth story.

Also Scootaloo's line "I'll never be heard from again and I want to be heard from again" was great.
And Luna is the Dreamwarrior.... Wat...?

Also Rainbow Dash hugging Scoots... dawww.

Okay my thoughts now that it's over.
Watching the kids go camping with their respective big Sis was fun. Watching Rarity putting up with the outdoors to spend time with Sweetie Bell was comedy gold even if Rarity was abusing the heck out of her little sis. Applejack once again demonstrating why she's the best boy as she lacks any kind of mental problems. Also when she was dissecting the headless horse story was great. Watching Sweetie Bell sing and being horribly off key was still my favorite moment of the episode. And Luna can get at you in your dreams... well now that's an interesting bit of mystery, how does she manage that and how did she know Scoots was having issues? Is she a Dreamer in the Wheel of Time sense? Able to float in the vast nothingness between consciousness and dreaming and find people's dreams and she decided to come help Scootaloo?

That's a bit of interesting and will be sure to spawn fan theories in abandon. So over all this episode was not my favorite of Season 3 and not going to make any top ten list (Bad Seed is my current number 1 for this season) of best episodes but I enjoyed it and it produced some good moments.

Once again Applejack is best pony, being a good sister and has the best line of the episode the one that went "Rarity you've asked me that a thousand times"
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Well, Luna is the princess of the night so made some sense to me that she has the dream powers.

As for why she helped Scootaloo, maybe she's able to detect it when a pony is plagued with nightmares for more then one night and sees what she can do to help?
That's the best I can come up with.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:39 pm

First post updated with Youtube link, man that was fast this week, thirty six minute turn around time.

*Edit and I got the quote
Rarity-"Are we there yet?
AJ-"The Last thousand times you asked that the answer was no, this time the answer is yes"
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:50 pm

First off, let me get this out of my system.
*Ahem*

YESYESYESYESFINALLYAFTERTHREESEASONSASCOOTALOOEPISODEIT'SABOUTFREAKENTIMEHASBROYESYESYESYES!!!!! Dancing PinkiePie Dancing PinkiePie Dancing PinkiePie Dancing PinkiePie Dancing PinkiePie
Anyways, loved the cold opening with Scoots speeding around on her scooter, it also proves that Scootaloo is perfectly capable of gliding, but she just doesn't have the wingpower to maintain flight yet. I hope this will go a long way in killing the unreasonably large number of Crippleloo fics out there, I'm pretty sick of them.

Rarity using her sister and Scootaloo as Packmules, hold on a second, I gotta look something up... Yep, she is still listed as the Element of Generosity. Remind me, how did she get that element again?

Rainbow Dash being as insensitive as ever and completely oblivious to her #1 fan's increasing tendency to impersonate Fluttershy.

Also, I don't know about you lot, but I was kinda hoping they tell the whole ghost stories, I was disappointed when they just went with the endings.

Princess Luna showing up in Scoot's dreams, although confirming the fan theory that she is the Queen of the Dreamscape, kinda felt forced to me. I think they could have handled that scene better.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Luna and Scootaloo in one episode?
Unpossible.
Luna's omnipresence in dreamland was interesting and totally unexpected.

It got across points of not trying to be something you aren't, and to face your fears. Both were done well. Favorite episode this season, pour moi.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Okay, this was amazing. Probably my favorite episode so far (and not just because of Luna)
Spoiler:
All in all, yeah, probably my favorite episode this season, and very high on my overall favs.

EDIT: After some thinking...if Luna can influence dreams like we saw in this episode, does that mean that as NMM she could cause nightmares for all of Equestria...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:42 pm

I disagree with you camo on 4.
More when I'm not on my phone.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:52 pm

Is anyone else really happy that Applejack has a more active role in this season? She is #1 best pony, but she got pushed to the sidelines a lot in season 2.

Rainbow Dash getting closer to her jerk with a heart of gold character is always nice to see, shes been having a lot of rough spots.

Rarity has been up playing the haughty melodrama and losing the generosity. I sincerely hope that changes, shes 3rd best pony.

Scoots and Luna in the same episode as well as Scootalove canonization. If the story / writing team isn't reading fan fiction then they really did do their Fandom homework.

The increasing number of CMC focused episodes kind of irritates me though. They're alright, but I straight up don't like children.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Actually they aren't allowed to read any fanfics from what I've heard.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Okay more now I have more time.

Camo why I disagree with you on number 4. Rarity has been shown to be manipulative. But she's also show to be a posh pony, she's wearing designer shoes for their little camping trip for Celestia's sake. The difference is that Sweetie Bell takes after her sister, she looks up to her sister but that's only emulation not duplication.

Using the daww eyes on her sister to get her way? She learned that from Rarity. Her style? Rarity, but she's not willing to be waited on like her sister.

You need just need to look at Sweetie Bell pulling the cart with all of Rarity luggage to see the admiration she has, why she tries to be like her big sister.

It's not her, and the older she gets the more that latent entertainer personality is going to emerge.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:16 pm

I absolutely loved this episode. Rarity needs a bit of adjustment to be optimal, but I think that apart from that, everything in this episode was spot-on. I thought Sweetie Belle was absolutely adorable in this episode, especially. False sadness squee, yes.

Also, Luna, at last! That's not a role I expected her to take, but she's definitely a bit better defined as a character now, which is something we've all been waiting for for about a year now. Also, she's speaking normally, indicating that she's become adjusted to the time.

On Scootalove canonization? We already knew that Scoots had Rainbow as an idol, it was only a matter of time, and definitely did not need the fandom to draw that conclusion, for it to be confirmed in the show.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:19 pm

My S3 Number 1 is still Magic Duel, but this one would sure be high on my list, if had any, that is.

Episode 6:

Orm wrote:Actually they aren't allowed to read any fanfics from what I've heard.
Nope, they aren't (or at least highly discouraged) for obvious reasons.

Cptadder wrote:Okay more now I have more time.

Camo why I disagree with you on number 4.
*snip*
Actually, it's number 3. Spike

Last edited by Formis_Twigod on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't mind not hearing the scary stories in their intierty?
I guess it's because I've heard all those stories before.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Orm wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't mind not hearing the scary stories in their intierty?
I guess it's because I've heard all those stories before.
I've heard them all before as well. Rusty Hook on the Car door, the tracks of the headless horse(man). Also I liked RD's justification on why she was no longer afraid.

"Headless horse? Piff, I'll fuck the headless horse up"
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Reddit is amazing sometimes, from the current reaction thread over there.

Spoiler:
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Concerning the episode itself, pretty much has been said already, so I'll just say :

That was long overdue.

Freaking awesome.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:33 pm

protector of dreams:
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:49 pm

puts a whole new meaning on "Nightmare Night" now, doesn't it ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Indeed it does.

Edit:
Suddenly realized something. Scootaloo centered episode, Luna gets more attention.
It's like the time that Derpy talked.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:59 pm

I dun no wut hap'end

Also :

put into a new "light" so to speak why Corrupted!Luna would choose to dub herself "Nightmare Moon".
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:31 am

yessssssss
S03E06 Sleepless in Ponyville 177053__safe_rainbow-dash_animated_scootaloo_happy_hug_spoiler-s03e06_sleepless-in-ponyville_scootalove_lowres_artist-radicaldash
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:21 am

yeah, Luna as Dream is definitely something I can get behind. in the first dream I saw luna walking the Nightmare's forest, it was really really awesome I geeked out.

I think about it, people can be really troubled by their dreams, who watches the ponies while they sleep. Luna naturally, its really really cool to have more of her role to the ponies shaped a little bit more.

Scoots showing her stuff, I've never really bought into her being crippled, I mean with Featherweight being the only one in their class able to fly it makes sense she hasn't developed enough. i mean fluttershy was in the gangly stage of her growth when she was learning to fly.

the blaring obvious affection scoots has for dash is built upon and now has been given what could be considered a more healthy sheen. Much less fangirl stalker and given a stronger basis for a relationship. it's much healthier I think

the way i see things, the ponies were in a good proper character. it was done in a very funny, but not condescending fashion. i am happy to say I loved this episode quite a lot.

ps... this needs to be finished with a letter... when was there an episode finished with a letter?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:31 pm

I finally got around to watching this, since I was busy and missed the television premier yesterday.

All in all, I didn't really like this episode.

Don't get me wrong, it had several good moments. Like the Luna dream sequence, Sweetie Bell singing, Rainbow Dash hating snoring, but snoring herself (and that whinny snore, heh), and Scootaloo's conversation with Rainbow Dash at the end.

Sounds like I liked a lot of it, right? Well, let me explain why I didn't like the episode as a whole.

First of all, they did some sort of weird new wobbly animation style with the ponies' movements. It's kind of like they were exaggerating everything, and putting a wobble at the end of every movement. Now, maybe it's not quite as apparent as I think, but it's definitely there.

Secondly, they gave everypony WAY more human-like poses and movements than usual, which made things seem unnatural.

Of course, that's just problems I had with the visual style and animation. It took more than THAT to make me dislike the episode.

One of the top things I disliked about the episode was what they did to Rarity. Mostly, making her out to be an inconsiderate jerk, who forces her sister to carry her mountain of baggage while she lounges around. The worst part was when she was afraid she was starting to sweat, notices it's Sweetie Bell sweating, and says "Oh, but, uh... it's absolutely worth it to get to spend time with my (takes a breath) little sister." and then she complains about how the cart seems to be getting heavier and heavier, despite the fact that it's obvious she isn't doing any work, and letting Sweetie Belle pull all the baggage and push her around. Rarity acted that way all episode. As a matter of fact, she's been acting that way a lot in recent episodes, both this season and last. They've been progressively making her out to be more and more of a drama queen, and spoiled. Similar things have been happening with the rest of the mane six as well. Twilight obsesses about every little detail (and goes nuts when something isn't right), Fluttershy is nervous to the point of exploding, Pinkie Pie freaks out at the drop of a hat, and Rainbow Dash is an inconsiderate show-off 90% of the time. It's Flanderization in the worst possible way. Applejack is the only one who doesn't seem to have been affected much.

Another thing I disliked that they seem to be doing more and more of is the over-the-top cartoon physics and physical gags. Such things have always been part of the show, but in moderation. Now they keep happening more and more often, and they reach much more unrealistic levels. The frequency they happened and the levels they reached in this episode were absolutely ridiculous. It was incredibly unrealistic and dumb, in my opinion. Now, it's a cartoon, and unrealistic stuff like that is supposed to happen, but it is important to be careful not to do such things too often, unless it is the entire point of the show.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next