Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

S03E06 Sleepless in Ponyville

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: S03E06 Sleepless in Ponyville

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:21 am

yeah, Luna as Dream is definitely something I can get behind. in the first dream I saw luna walking the Nightmare's forest, it was really really awesome I geeked out.

I think about it, people can be really troubled by their dreams, who watches the ponies while they sleep. Luna naturally, its really really cool to have more of her role to the ponies shaped a little bit more.

Scoots showing her stuff, I've never really bought into her being crippled, I mean with Featherweight being the only one in their class able to fly it makes sense she hasn't developed enough. i mean fluttershy was in the gangly stage of her growth when she was learning to fly.

the blaring obvious affection scoots has for dash is built upon and now has been given what could be considered a more healthy sheen. Much less fangirl stalker and given a stronger basis for a relationship. it's much healthier I think

the way i see things, the ponies were in a good proper character. it was done in a very funny, but not condescending fashion. i am happy to say I loved this episode quite a lot.

ps... this needs to be finished with a letter... when was there an episode finished with a letter?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:31 pm

I finally got around to watching this, since I was busy and missed the television premier yesterday.

All in all, I didn't really like this episode.

Don't get me wrong, it had several good moments. Like the Luna dream sequence, Sweetie Bell singing, Rainbow Dash hating snoring, but snoring herself (and that whinny snore, heh), and Scootaloo's conversation with Rainbow Dash at the end.

Sounds like I liked a lot of it, right? Well, let me explain why I didn't like the episode as a whole.

First of all, they did some sort of weird new wobbly animation style with the ponies' movements. It's kind of like they were exaggerating everything, and putting a wobble at the end of every movement. Now, maybe it's not quite as apparent as I think, but it's definitely there.

Secondly, they gave everypony WAY more human-like poses and movements than usual, which made things seem unnatural.

Of course, that's just problems I had with the visual style and animation. It took more than THAT to make me dislike the episode.

One of the top things I disliked about the episode was what they did to Rarity. Mostly, making her out to be an inconsiderate jerk, who forces her sister to carry her mountain of baggage while she lounges around. The worst part was when she was afraid she was starting to sweat, notices it's Sweetie Bell sweating, and says "Oh, but, uh... it's absolutely worth it to get to spend time with my (takes a breath) little sister." and then she complains about how the cart seems to be getting heavier and heavier, despite the fact that it's obvious she isn't doing any work, and letting Sweetie Belle pull all the baggage and push her around. Rarity acted that way all episode. As a matter of fact, she's been acting that way a lot in recent episodes, both this season and last. They've been progressively making her out to be more and more of a drama queen, and spoiled. Similar things have been happening with the rest of the mane six as well. Twilight obsesses about every little detail (and goes nuts when something isn't right), Fluttershy is nervous to the point of exploding, Pinkie Pie freaks out at the drop of a hat, and Rainbow Dash is an inconsiderate show-off 90% of the time. It's Flanderization in the worst possible way. Applejack is the only one who doesn't seem to have been affected much.

Another thing I disliked that they seem to be doing more and more of is the over-the-top cartoon physics and physical gags. Such things have always been part of the show, but in moderation. Now they keep happening more and more often, and they reach much more unrealistic levels. The frequency they happened and the levels they reached in this episode were absolutely ridiculous. It was incredibly unrealistic and dumb, in my opinion. Now, it's a cartoon, and unrealistic stuff like that is supposed to happen, but it is important to be careful not to do such things too often, unless it is the entire point of the show.
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:22 pm

...Suddenly, a ton of ScootaDash fics out of nowhere! Where have they all been hiding? It must have taken some kind of tactical genius to--KREEEEEEED
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down