Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking Dead discussion thread.

+4
Moodyman90
Necr0maNceR
Orm
Ketchup
8 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Walking Dead discussion thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: Walking Dead discussion thread.

Post by Ketchup Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:04 pm

I love how throughout the entire season, they have pretty much perfect accuracy when facing the undead, but when faced with human opponents, they just spray-and-pray... unless the rule of drama kicks in and kills someone with a singular bullet. Like with Axel. The rest of that gunfight is just spraying.

The finale did kinda just happen, sort of boring.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Walking Dead discussion thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: Walking Dead discussion thread.

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Yeah, the Woodbury/Prison arc ending in the comics was way more climatic and would have been awesome to see, but between budget, available characters, and what makes for good TV as oppose to comics accounts for the changes.

Plus this way they can stay in Georgia longer.
Shorthand of after Woodbury/Prison:

So yeah, this way they can stay in Georgia longer and still say it's Georgia.
This is also provided Season 4 doesn't start with a time skip with them on the road because something happened to cause them to leave.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Ketchup wrote:I love how throughout the entire season, they have pretty much perfect accuracy when facing the undead, but when faced with human opponents, they just spray-and-pray...

The undead don't take cover and move very slowly. Pulling off a head shot on them is much, much easier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Last wrote:
Ketchup wrote:I love how throughout the entire season, they have pretty much perfect accuracy when facing the undead, but when faced with human opponents, they just spray-and-pray...
The undead don't take cover and move very slowly. Pulling off a head shot on them is much, much easier.
Yes, but landing a hit anywhere on the human body is presumably easier, especially if they aren't moving, like the Governor when they shot up the prison the first time. He wasn't taking cover and he wasn't moving.

It's all for the dramatic effect.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:18 pm

Ketchup wrote:
Last wrote:
Yes, but landing a hit anywhere on the human body is presumably easier, especially if they aren't moving, like the Governor when they shot up the prison the first time. He wasn't taking cover and he wasn't moving.

Are you talking about when they killed Axel or the season finale?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Last wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Last wrote:

Are you talking about when they killed Axel or the season finale?
When they killed Axel, the first time.
But nobody was hit in the Woodbury retreat either.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:21 pm

If I'm not mistaken the governor's men were doing a very good job of providing suppressive fire when they killed Axle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Last wrote:If I'm not mistaken the governor's men were doing a very good job of providing suppressive fire when they killed Axle.
The Governor fired the first shot, which killed Axel. While aiming with his patched eye. Then they started spraying all over the place. I think one Woodbury soldier was killed, but redshirts will be redshirts.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:25 pm

Ketchup wrote:
Last wrote:If I'm not mistaken the governor's men were doing a very good job of providing suppressive fire when they killed Axle.
The Governor fired the first shot, which killed Axel. While aiming with his patched eye. Then they started spraying all over the place. I think one Woodbury soldier was killed, but redshirts will be redshirts.

I think the soldier you're referring to was separated inside one of the prison's towers. And the governor aiming with his patched eye is another discussion all together.

Last edited by Last on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:26 pm

Camo would know better since he's in the military, but I'm pretty certain most combat is spray and pray.

One of the main things about military training is to get the men over their aversion of killing other humans, and those who can kill outside of self preservation or panic are usually mentally unstable.

As for how they're so dead-eye for the zombies, they've accepted the fact they're no longer human.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:27 pm

Last wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I think the soldier you're referring to was separted and was in one of their towers and was away from the others. And the governor aiming with his patched eye is another discussion all together.
Yes. Point was, the first bullet fired killed Axel, no suppression was involved there.
Anyway, the way they fire at humans defies common sense, that's my main point.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Axel's death was also sudden and unexpected. After that everybody got down to cover.

Of course the fact Carol got away without a scratch is because of TV/Movie logic that you can put a body between you and the bullets and they not pass through.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Axel's death was also sudden and unexpected. After that everybody got down to cover.

Of course the fact Carol got away without a scratch is because of TV/Movie logic that you can put a body between you and the bullets and they not pass through.
He dies in the middle of the firefight in the comics, the same way.
And yeah, bullets don't go through anything. But they averted that nicely with the M2, which they managed to jam, if I heard that dialogue right.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Camo would know better since he's in the military, but I'm pretty certain most combat is spray and pray.

One of the main things about military training is to get the men over their aversion of killing other humans, and those who can kill outside of self preservation or panic are usually mentally unstable.

As for how they're so dead-eye for the zombies, they've accepted the fact they're no longer human.

Not entirely true. Some of the people in woodbury believed there was a spark of humanity left in the Zeds. That may have just been Milton and the Governor though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:41 pm

I was talking more about Rick's group then Woodbury. And I know I missed a few episode but I think that outside of the Governor's right hand men and whoever joined Woodbury after being on the road for a while, nobody really dealt with Walkers.
I know Milton tried to find that spark of humanity in an experiment, but I can't remember if he gave up when he was almost bit or if he was angry at Andrea for killing the old guy before his bit Milton.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:47 pm

There was some argument later where the governor said they (In reference to Rick's group.) killed his little girl but I think it was directed towards Milton.

And of course there's Hershel and his barn so I'm thinking that belief isn't all the uncommon.

Anyway now that I know you were referencing Rick's group and not woodbury that clears up the confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:57 pm

I think it depends on how often you have to deal with Walkers personally and if one of your loved ones had turn within the first few weeks or not.

Also, I'm sorry but you have to question the sanity of the man who kept people's heads in aquarium tanks. Yeah, he may have believed that one day Penny may come back to him, but at the same time he probably believed that because he's insane.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:59 pm

I meant he was using Milton's beliefs against him. I think he was trying to convince Milton that Rick and the others were evil for what they did to penny.

I can't remember how the argument played out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:14 pm

Last wrote:I like that ending more except I don't like that I would have been made to put up with Lori any longer then I already I have. Also in the show I liked how Woodbury didn't want the prison. I don't really have a reason for that I just like how their citizens didn't want to live in a prison as opposed a town where they could almost pretend the world wasn't overrun with the undead.
Haha, yeah. She was a bit more tolerable near the end, though. Also, like Andrea, she was way cooler in the comics. Yeah, I do like the reasoning in the show in the show for them not wanting the prison. Also, Woodbury seems more secure in the show.

Ketchup wrote:I love how throughout the entire season, they have pretty much perfect accuracy when facing the undead, but when faced with human opponents, they just spray-and-pray... unless the rule of drama kicks in and kills someone with a singular bullet. Like with Axel. The rest of that gunfight is just spraying.

The finale did kinda just happen, sort of boring.
Yeah, it's the exact opposite of the comics. There, Woodbury soldiers were dying left and right. The terrible accuracy was one of the things I really disliked about the season finale.

It felt as if they were trying too much to be different from the comic, and it caused the quality of the finale to drop considerably. It also feels like an excuse to get extra mileage out of the Governor and the Prison. Last season's finale was original, and so much better.

Moodyman90 wrote:Yeah, the Woodbury/Prison arc ending in the comics was way more climatic and would have been awesome to see, but between budget, available characters, and what makes for good TV as oppose to comics accounts for the changes.
I don't think budget would have been too much of an issue, with what they already have beed doing, and did do. I don't know how expensive the tank would have been to use, though, but things could still be done pretty much the same without one. It's true that Lori was already dead and they didn't have as many people in the group as in the comics, and Hershel's other daughter was the only real "fodder" character left at that point. They would have had to sacrifice several popular characters. I think it would have made for good tv, at least considerably better than the ending they went with.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:21 am

badass, now in pony version:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:27 am

art:

So anyone else excited for four hundred days?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:33 am

Yup. Can't wait.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:41 am

Telltale seemed a bit quiet with the announcement though. I didn't hear about it until a buddy told me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:56 am

I saw it on youtube from Escapist, I believe.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:10 am

I'm looking forward to 400 Days.
I was excited when I heard choices in it might effect Season 2.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Sex: Male
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:28 am

They will? I hadn't heard that. I guess that means some of these characters will be making an appearance. 

Also did anyone else notice that some of the character models appeared to be recycled? Like the prisoner looked a lot like Glen with a different haircut and outfit. I don't really have a problem with it, it's just a little bit jarring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:54 am

I didn't notice that.
Then again they seem to have other models, so I can forgive them for reusing some.

And it turns out some choices from season 1 will effect 400 Days too.
I can't wait for next month.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:13 pm

So now that 400 days has been released I thought it may be fun to discuss some of the choices we made and the people that are likely to be the cast of season two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:45 pm

I expect the cast that leaves will be in season 2.
Either as cameo appearances or as the new group with Clementine.

As for choices, I actually played through twice to get everyone to leave.
Though the only difference was that I killed a different person when playing as Vincent.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Didn't know you could get Vince to follow you. That's good to know. 

I only really liked four of the characters though. Wyatt, Vince, Schel, and Nate. 

Unfortunately nate was too crazy to have around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next