Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+25
Quotidian
Harmony Ltd.
Admiral Stoic Rum
WovenTales
Icy Shake
nebulous
Cptadder
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
CannonFodder
Ketchup
OneMoreDaySK
Downloaded Skill
Caoimhe
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
Valikdu
Frost
Ironmonger
RoboRed
Necr0maNceR
CamoBadger
Kippershy
29 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Caoimhe Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:57 am

Have some violence: http://equestria-prevails.deviantart.com/art/From-Black-Skies-Come-The-Rainbow-Warriors-335789175#comments

Everything about equestria-prevails is so fuckin' cool and cute at the same time. Def nails the FiM art style and makes it its own.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:02 am

<a href=http://www.overthinkingit.com/2012/11/08/my-little-pony-plato/>Something to mull over. You all like overthinking, right?</a>
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:32 am

Let me just say that I'm a really laid-back guy with a good sense of humor, but whenever Velvet Remedy opened her mouth to criticize anyone for fighting a crimson rage filled my heart. I tolerate pacifists because I understand that not everyone is cut out to fight the good fight, some people are purely intellectuals. However the idea of someone not fighting for anything in the virtual hell that is the wastes, not even her friends and barely so even when she does, makes me want to chant scripture and unload with automatic fire.

Steelhooves was my favorite because he understood. Yeah he did apparently bad things like killing the sheriff of Tenpony but he understood what it is to be a soldier and fight for things worth fighting.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:43 am

Ironmonger wrote:Let me just say that I'm a really laid-back guy with a good sense of humor, but whenever Velvet Remedy opened her mouth to criticize anyone for fighting a crimson rage filled my heart. I tolerate pacifists because I understand that not everyone is cut out to fight the good fight, some people are purely intellectuals. However the idea of someone not fighting for anything in the virtual hell that is the wastes, not even her friends and barely so even when she does, makes me want to chant scripture and unload with automatic fire.

Steelhooves was my favorite because he understood. Yeah he did apparently bad things like killing the sheriff of Tenpony but he understood what it is to be a soldier and fight for things worth fighting.
There IS fighting without using what most people think of as violence (not getting into emotional violence, or coercion in general, because that shit's complicated, yo, and while anarchist theory and history is TOTALLY appropriate for this situation, it's also, well... complicated), though; Velvet is however a poor example of a person doing this. One can strive and struggle to better the world without throwing bombs. Oftentimes this is the more successful route, especially in the long run, though it is not of course the only one.

EDIT: this is just meant to define the difference between pacifists and the apathetic/nihilists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:00 am

That's true and it makes sense now that I think about it. I suppose I'm just more prone to violence than some people, it's usually the first option that comes to mind.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:03 am

Ironmonger wrote:Steelhooves was my favorite because he understood. Yeah he did apparently bad things like killing the sheriff of Tenpony but he understood what it is to be a soldier and fight for things worth fighting.
I'll admit his death kinda disappointed me. I thought if he was going to die that he was going to go down guns blazing surrounded by impossible amounts of enemies holding them off and instead he only got bum rushed in a sneak attack.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:10 am

Steel Hooves' death aggravated me to seemingly no end. It felt unfair.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:17 am

I have a quick question though, is this a thread primarily about the fallout universe or a general chitchat thread?
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:23 am

General chitchat about anything. An amusing fact about the clutter in the PH thread is that I was getting tired of sorting through my own spam. Twilight crazy

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:29 am

In that case have you all seen the comic cover variation for the second comic book? All of my want.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 1236545_ful

CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:30 am

Speaking of non-Fallout things, anyone here following American Horror Story? More so than even the first season, it's really blurring the line between black, mean-spirited comedy and intense horror. I'm still not sure if I think it works, really, but damn if it's not fascinating to watch happen.

@Cannon
I don't order comics, generally, but between that cover and the Derpy muffin dream, I am sorely tempted to do so. I do hope that these comics are as good as the buildup surrounding them - they look like they will be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:33 am

I like it already if only for the little game of red-light-green-light on the cover. For some reason I enjoy having the shit scared out of me and the Weeping Angels do just that. Big mac

Also this.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:40 am

@Ironmonger
Ugh, dat Season Finale for Dr. Who. I hated it, especially since the time travel didn't make any sense. Sure you see a gravestone with loved ones names on it. So what? I could go back in time and put those gravestones up, and rescue them without altering what I've experienced. Unless the Doctor had x-ray vision and saw the skeletons buried, I still thought that he would have a chance to save the two and at least drop them off in the right time period. And why didn't the angel just tap the Doctor as well while he was anguishing? </angry_rant>

I loved watching the Doctor until my parents banned it from the house due to the Doctor snogging Rory.

@IronMonger upset at Steelhooves
Well, the scene did do its job at making it sudden and shocking to the readers. And yeah, life's unfair.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:43 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Ironmonger
Ugh, dat Season Finale for Dr. Who. I hated it, especially since the time travel didn't make any sense. Sure you see a gravestone with loved ones names on it. So what? I could go back in time and put those gravestones up, and rescue them without altering what I've experienced. Unless the Doctor had x-ray vision and saw the skeletons buried, I still thought that he would have a chance to save the two and at least drop them off in the right time period. And why didn't the angel just tap the Doctor as well while he was anguishing? </angry_rant>

I loved watching the Doctor until my parents banned it from the house due to the Doctor snogging Rory.

@IronMonger upset at Steelhooves
Well, the scene did do its job at making it sudden and shocking to the readers. And yeah, life's unfair.
Did they miss every single scene Captain Jack was in or something? >_> Condolences, incidentally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:45 am

Anyone here read CRISIS: Equestria? I got to chapter 15 and stopped there for other things. I love the world-building it does, the author put a ton of thought into it seemingly. I'm waiting for it to complete before I start reading again.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:47 am

Ironmonger wrote:Anyone here read CRISIS: Equestria? I got to chapter 15 and stopped there for other things. I love the world-building it does, the author put a ton of thought into it seemingly. I'm waiting for it to complete before I start reading again.
It's been forever on my "need to read" list.

How long is the story so far? Cause I don't feel like starting up another 5k page story for a while.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:49 am

I think it's around 500K words right now, latest chapter is 30. Reasonable chapter length if long in some areas. The Crazy Train ground to a halt in the middle of Chapter 15 because I started to get bored.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:57 am

*sighs* I see that Through the Eyes remake has apparently updated. Used to like it. Now I'm not sure I'm able to pick it up again. < rehash old discussion back in one of the PH threads / >
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:05 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:*sighs* I see that Through the Eyes remake has apparently updated. Used to like it. Now I'm not sure I'm able to pick it up again. < rehash old discussion back in one of the PH threads / >
How good is "through the eyes of another pony" anyhow, and how long of a story is it?
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:17 am

So I'm searching through Google for information on armor used by the Ottoman Turks when I find this.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:38 am

Is anyone here following Halo: On The Wings Of Angels? it's a crossover between Twilight and some ODST OC's.

Also worth checking out is ARTICLE 2
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:I loved watching the Doctor until my parents banned it from the house due to the Doctor snogging Rory.
Some people...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:27 am

Ironmonger wrote:...If I had my own signal it would probably be of a crazy person screaming at a lamp or something along those lines Crazy Scootaloo Twilight crazy
I imagine this and I can't stop laughing.

Caoimhe wrote:
Red Eye was also a great character but I loathe that in the audio drama some people are making for FoE he's voiced by a horrifically nasal nerd trying to make him sound like Snidely Whiplash.
Oh god, really...? I was thinking about trying to catch up on that stuff sometime, but now I'm not sure if I want to. Red Eye is supposed to be powerful, smooth-talking, collected, and charismatic. Not Snidely-Goddamn-Whiplash. Scootaloo

Ironmonger wrote:Anyone here read CRISIS: Equestria? I got to chapter 15 and stopped there for other things. I love the world-building it does, the author put a ton of thought into it seemingly. I'm waiting for it to complete before I start reading again.
I DO! Great story. Then again, I'm a sucker for parallel-universe stuff. I'm still reading it. I haven't checked if the latest chapter's come up, though. I just pop in every so often for a look.

EDIT: *goes back and skims over ch15 to remember what it was about* Dude, you should go back to reading. That chapter's right before exciting stuff and major character development happens.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Going back to the topic of characters that can do no good / constant white knight *for a moment, anyway*...

That is exactly why I...
Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:28 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:
Red Eye was also a great character but I loathe that in the audio drama some people are making for FoE he's voiced by a horrifically nasal nerd trying to make him sound like Snidely Whiplash.
Oh god, really...? I was thinking about trying to catch up on that stuff sometime, but now I'm not sure if I want to. Red Eye is supposed to be powerful, smooth-talking, collected, and charismatic. Not Snidely-Goddamn-Whiplash. Scootaloo

http://m.soundcloud.com/radiohooves/character-profile-red-eye

Most of the voices are pretty offensively poor in my opinion. Calamity guy can't hold an accent and the female voices are way too overly cartoony. Though it could just be that everyone in these soundbytes is overacting to the extreme.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Caoimhe wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:

Most of the voices are pretty offensively poor in my opinion. Calamity guy can't hold an accent and the female voices are way too overly cartoony. Though it could just be that everyone in these soundbytes is overacting to the extreme.
This I agree with. I feel like they should have just picked voices that sounded like the character's voice, rather than people who feel the need to overly change their voice to match what they think the character would sound like...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:01 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:...If I had my own signal it would probably be of a crazy person screaming at a lamp or something along those lines Crazy Scootaloo Twilight crazy
I imagine this and I can't stop laughing.
I'd have to scream at my own lamp of course, screaming at someone else's lamp is just rude.

RoboRed wrote:I DO! Great story. Then again, I'm a sucker for parallel-universe stuff. I'm still reading it. I haven't checked if the latest chapter's come up, though. I just pop in every so often for a look.
Oddly enough one of the things I remember the most is those volcanic berries that can be used for literal awesomesauce and the Dolor company of New Pandemonium City that's responsible for the distribution of all food, it's quite clever. Yes, I love me some good heavy industry.

RoboRed wrote:EDIT: *goes back and skims over ch15 to remember what it was about* Dude, you should go back to reading. That chapter's right before exciting stuff and major character development happens.

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-*dies*

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Can the Frost Signal be a severed bear head? Seriously, fuck bears
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Ah, that story. I was reading it before the author changed things around because they thought that they somehow needed to "keep up" with Season Two. To this day I hold CRISIS: Equestria up as my showcase example of how that sort of thing can damage a formerly good story.

Caoimhe wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:

Oh, I thought that this conversation was about the audiobook, and I was due to this confused.

Which reminds me, it's been ages since I've heard from the people who were ostensibly working on an audiobook of PH...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Keeping up with the ponies is something I like to do but I at least try to make it sensible. One of the things I do with my writing is, if I have no idea how to do something, I skirt around it. I feel my readers would rather me side-step something than do it poorly.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next