Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting is Magic Pre-Alpha build leaked, Mane6 isn't happy.

3 posters

Go down

Fighting is Magic Pre-Alpha build leaked, Mane6 isn't happy. Empty Fighting is Magic Pre-Alpha build leaked, Mane6 isn't happy.

Post by Derpy Hooves Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:24 pm

So today i saw a post on facebook regarding the fact that someone leaked a working build of Fighting is Magic and so i downloaded the files to find out it was true. The source of the leak was of course 4Chan and the game is of course extremely unfinished.

Mane6 has come out saying it was a participant of their QA testing team that released the build right before they were about to send a major update to them to test. They have decided to end their QA testing and no alpha or beta testing will be available until they finish the last characters. Without the QA team it will most likely take longer for them to work out all of the kinks they find so this could mean a delay in the creation of the game. here is a link to the post on man6's site.

http://www.mane6.com/2012/08/open-letter.html

For the download link you know you came for (since you can't exactly stop it now, you might as well play it) refer to this post on facebook, I won't link to anything directly because it's possible people might come to their senses and remove them. This post and its comments contain many many links to the files.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=406950669353078&set=a.246921698689310.54302.223682217679925&type=1&theater¬if_t=photo_reply
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Fighting is Magic Pre-Alpha build leaked, Mane6 isn't happy. Empty Re: Fighting is Magic Pre-Alpha build leaked, Mane6 isn't happy.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Sounds like the mane 6 guys are punishing there fans for something they had no control over. I get there frustrated but I'm not sure this is the way to go about resolving the issue.

Back to top Go down

Fighting is Magic Pre-Alpha build leaked, Mane6 isn't happy. Empty Re: Fighting is Magic Pre-Alpha build leaked, Mane6 isn't happy.

Post by Derpy Hooves Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:56 pm

TheLastDefender wrote:Sounds like the mane 6 guys are punishing there fans for something they had no control over. I get there frustrated but I'm not sure this is the way to go about resolving the issue.

How are they punishing the fans? They had already said before that they wouldn't to more than their QA and now that the QA fucked up they aren't doing that either. Really the only people getting punished are the QA team members because they had their chance and one messed it up for them all.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Well this sucks... I was looking forward to Fighting is Magic. I know this isn't going to stop it from coming out, but like you said it's gonna delay it for quite a while.

Think I'll skip the download. Just cause it leaked doesn't mean I'm going to take advantage of it.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Derpy Hooves wrote: How are they punishing the fans? They had already said before that they wouldn't to more than their QA and now that the QA fucked up they aren't doing that either. Really the only people getting punished are the QA team members because they had their chance and one messed it up for them all.

As you said it could (And likely will.) cause a delay. The only group that hurts is the fans and as you said it was not the whole QA team but one member, so disbanding them is kinda overkill, but this is just opinion really.

Edit:They also shut down the BSU.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:08 am

I don't blame M6 for this, in fact I'm partly glad they have the stomach to do this - if they didn't there would only be more leaks and the integrity of the game would be ruined. Let this be a lesson to those who made the mistake and all who feel the repercussions of this.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Well Mane6 updated on it, they aren't super angry or anything and from what they are saying it shouldn't change anything. It's just a bit of a letdown that it did happen. Oh well. Again i'm going to be playing the hell out of it, and there are already some multiplayer servers around there so if you want look around, i haven't played on any of them, but whatever you want to do.

Though i did just get that really awesome computer from my sister for free, if that works to run a server i could run one on there with more uptime then what i've heard some of the rogue ones online have. Just gotta learn how.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down