Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft

+6
RoboRed
Harmony Ltd.
Ametros
Kippershy
Meleagridis
O. Hinds
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft - Page 3 Empty Re: Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft

Post by Aonee Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:15 pm

We're going to build a town region thingy eventually, and the Core from Hoofington.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft - Page 3 Empty Re: Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:44 pm

I'm going to take a very, very long time about what I'm doing, but I'm gonna try make four ridges.
found the ideal spot, but it'll requite a fucking lot of work to really make it ideal. may skip the towns part of it and just have the stable instead, depending on how much work it is.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:36 pm

RoboRed wrote:This, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you don't play Minecraft on the PC for several months and jump into a server without updating your texture pack.
dafuq is this i dont even:
Also, apparently Aonee has reddish/magenta eyes. (I should really bother asking about this stuff...)
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:37 pm

I just realized, you never made a picture of him with his eyes open, did you?
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Nope. Never knew eye color, never bothered to ask, could always think of a reason/situation to have his eyes closed in the pics I made.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:14 pm

ketchup504 wrote:Both would be massive undertakings. We don't have a detailed map to go off of for the Hoof, other than Hinds', which is 2d. Four Ridges would be totally in your mind. But Minecraft makes it possible to put your ideas into 3d facsimiles.
I'm afraid that you must be mistaken; I've never made a map of the Hoof.

Also, this server is sounding really interesting. Once I have a bit more experience with Minecraft (survival mode in particular; so far I've just been running experiments in creative flatworlds), I wouldn't be surprised if I joined you. It's pure vanilla 1.2.5, yes? I could do that and could probably do Tekkit, but I've not gotten any other mods working to the point where I can play even single player.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:38 pm

One mod I recommend; Mine little pony.

It's very simple to install and if you need my help, feel free to ask.
It allows you to have a pony avatar with working wings if pegasus or hands free tool usage if unicorn.

It doesn't really add any gameplay as such, but it is beautifully made.
you can even get custom mine little pony skins made by yourself in a very easy step by step method here: http://www.minelittlepony.com/ponymaker.html
(Includes vault suit option!)

------------------

As for my next step on the construction effort:

-- the outer part of the wall is finished. making the inner part of the wall and found my original ideas to be too much. it'll be a flat 3 thick with 4 high the whole way, then a 2x2 stone wall on the inner 2 blocks.

This means destroying one layer of dirt on the inside.

The Stable entrance has been completely solidified, it's going to be 7x7x5 - and thus has a little pruning but just waiting for it to grow grass on top.

If you want something creative to do, feel free to build any of the villages.

Here's a quick reminder of how they look:

Angel wrote:After twenty minutes of flying, I was here; Angel.
Angel was such a calming sight from the sky.
It’s
gentle paved roads gently clacking with the sound of hooves, taken from
the local rock faces really were a lovely touch. I’d always been amazed
at how it was kept clean without any effort from the ponies who lived
there, as if there was something... better about the very stone itself.
The buildings themselves too were very rustic, but utterly beautiful.
Cottages,
tree houses, wooden cabins and barns. Despite all the different
materials, they all melted together with a touch of poise and grace to
make the most beautiful sight of all.
Even the brahmin pens somehow had a gentle touch about them, and everything just couldn’t but help give off a happy feeling.

Tank wrote:Tank was the closest village to Angel and it was truly the most contrasting pair that could have ever been.
Where
Angel was soft and forgiving, gentle and calming, tank was about heavy
defences and making sure no-one without an invite or proven intentions
got through the only gate to our region of the world.

Gummy wrote:Mayor Blossom
approached us as we casually strolled around Gummy, completely in awe of
how strange and beautiful Gummy really was. I’d been here before as a
colt, but somehow it still amazed me at how bright and cheerful
everything was. You’d never even dream upon Luna’s nights nor Celestia’s
sun that such a place could ever exist in the wasteland, but thanks to
us, it did.

Opal wrote:Cherry was overexcited about this, and then I realised why when I saw my reflection in one of the many mirror effect walls of the buildings that populated Opal.
I stepped onto the clean, beautiful marble that looked as if it had never been tread upon with it's shining beauty.

Take it as you will if you choose to make a building. I'll be online when I wake.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Do snapshots work on the server at all?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Aye, they do, Robo's already posted a couple if you look on the other page. It's F2, if you don't know.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Actually, I used the windows default PrtScn key, then pasted it in MS Paint.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Oh. Well, pressing F2 takes a picture and saves it in a folder... Somewhere... Not really sure where.
Edit: Its in the .minecraft folder.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:54 pm

press the start menu, search "run" and search for %appdata%
.Minecraft is the first folder for me.

Screenshots is an individual folder from there.

Screenshot from server:

Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft - Page 3 2012-016
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:56 pm

Here's another one, from the middle of the build.
Request for Help with [strike]Purchasing[/strike] Modding Minecraft - Page 3 2012-010
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:03 am

Aonee wrote:Here's another one, from the middle of the build.
Spoiler:

The way we tore that massive amount of land down... that was awesome.
Gotta tear more of it down tomorrow, for security sake.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 am

...Oh! Okay, it took me a moment to understand what you meant. I was asking about snapshots, not screenshots.
...Though, looking at the snapshots page, it would appear that there are server versions right next to the client ones; I suppose that the only question is which ones in particular our server has installed.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:15 am

Ah, my apologies.
...No clue.

You'd have to ask Aonee to ask his friend.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:21 am

I can reach him atm, so I have no clue either. Is there any particular reason you want to know?
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:29 am

Also, he said I wasn't supposed to disclose that due to security reasons... Oh well. Will you be joining us this evening?
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:33 am

Oh, I thought that I'd misread; I guess maybe you deleted that bit between the time I first read your post and the time I reread it?

Maybe. I've only just started my first survival game, though, and have just been worried that something is wrong due to the amount of time it's taking to punch down trees. And now it appears that I'd better swap the unsnapshotted jar in so that I can practice with that.
However, I'm a bit hungry at the moment, so maybe, once I've had something to eat, I'll decide to just jump in.
So, in other words, it's possible, but don't wait up for me.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:41 am

Nope. It normally takes a long time to punch down trees. That's why you gotta make a hatchet.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:47 am

Oh, thanks.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:07 am

When you do come online, let one of us know. we'll come and drag you to where we're at.

It's relative safety in the recreation of Four Ridges on a hugely smaller scale. Mobs still spawn inside the area due to not enough lighting BUT it's got plenty of secure places to hide, beds to reset the spawn point if you die for, all the tools you'll need, and you'll have us to help you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:09 am

Oh... You have to hold down the mouse button...heh...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:21 am

yup

You can't mine iron (brown) with anything but a stone pickaxe or better
you can mine coal (black) with wood pickaxe.
you can't obtain any stone or ore without a pickaxe.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:34 am

Also, a word of warning to future things: Don't loot a house if you find it, its probably someone's. They spread our pretty far, so if you come across a random house, chances are its still inhabited. Saying that because some one apparently raided the owner's house.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:47 am

...Yeah. I bet that that was a fun meeting with the server owner...

Anyway, things are... and I just remembered that I had the difficulty set on Peaceful. Which would explain why the horrible shelter I frantically threw together on my first night didn't kill me. And why the hunger bar wasn't draining. Anyway, it's my second night now, and I've gotten a much sturdier cobblestone shelter built. Still no wool or coal, though, so nothing to do but sit and wait for the darkness to pass.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:15 am

Night three. I still haven't seen any hostile mobs, but there's a storm raging outside. I did find some iron ore, though, so I'll be able to get a bed once I find a sheep.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:21 am

Quick tip, you can still kill sheep to get their wool.
Oh, and I'm leaving this here. The guy that built it did it fully legitimately, then set it on fire for lulz.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:49 am

If you make a furnace, you can burn wood into charcoal which can also be used to make torches. Very useful thing to do - especially as in Tekkit coal is also used to make other things...
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:51 am

Well, I found some sheep (the first few of which I killed by beating them with shears due to a bit of button confusion...), built a bed, weathered a night a hastily dug hole in the ground, and finally saved and quit in my new home, a charming little cave by a lake equipped with modern conveniences such as glass windows, a furnace, a bed, and a torch! (The construction of an entirely new home was made necessary by a, uh, navigational mishap...)

If nothing else comes up after the shower that I'm heading to take, I think that I shall pop on.

"burn wood into charcoal"
...Oh. Well, I found a small coal vein while trying to get home from the sheep, but I shall definitely remember this for the future.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next