Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OOC/Help/Other Things] Dark Heresy

+3
Silver Flash
Sky Cloud
Linguz
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[OOC/Help/Other Things] Dark Heresy Empty [OOC/Help/Other Things] Dark Heresy

Post by Linguz Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:18 pm

First thing's first, I'll explain what Dark Heresy is. It's a Warhammer pen and paper/tabletop roleplaying game. If you need the books, which you probably will, just get on Skype and I'll send you the RAR file. You don't need to read it over at all, but instead just read the character parts and the parts that pertain to your character and world of birth.

This will be the first time I'll be running anything, so yea. I'll be inexperienced. I will try my best, though. That is, if it ever begins.

We can also do it either play-by-post here or over a Skype group where we actually hold sessions. Doing it play-by-post would be easier for me, as it would allow me to think about responses without having only a few minutes to make them.

Anyway, this is as much to see if I can get 3 or 4 people at least. Reply here if you're interested. If you don't have Skype, I'm sure I can send you the books some other way.

The books will also include an empty character sheet. When you've got it done, if you can send it to me, that'd be great.

DH Books
Click File -> Download.

Last edited by Linguz on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Brohoof! : 10

Character List:
Name: Nidal
Sex: Female
Species: Khajiit

Back to top Go down

[OOC/Help/Other Things] Dark Heresy Empty Re: [OOC/Help/Other Things] Dark Heresy

Post by Sky Cloud Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:41 pm

WARHAMMER!!!! 1) is it 40k? and 2) if it is, ill get on Skype
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

[OOC/Help/Other Things] Dark Heresy Empty Re: [OOC/Help/Other Things] Dark Heresy

Post by Linguz Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:43 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000_Roleplay

Yes, yes it is. Copy paste from wikipedia for Dark Heresy:

"In Dark Heresy, the players assume the role of a group of Acolytes working for an Inquisitor, who sends them on various missions. Depending on the type of mission, the gameplay can involve investigation, combat, intrigue, or a number of other genres. Therefore, the Game Master can tailor his campaign to suit his player group. As the players work for an Inquisitor, most missions involve rooting out heresies or matters relating to them, but the breadth of the game allows for many other missions, including wiping out dangerous gangs, gathering evidence of corruption, dealing with alien threats or eliminating rogue psykers."

So if you wanted space marines, sorry. That's Deathwatch, which I also have the books for, but I've never played it so I'd rather not DM it.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:47 pm

im interested. so we play as imperial Guard im guessing? and MY SKYPE ISNT BOOTING UP AHHHH sorry random outburst
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:51 pm

There are several classes, I'll list them here with information.

Adept - Knowledgeable scholars and logisters.
Arbitrator - Investigators and lawmen.
Assassins - Skilled killers.
Cleric - Priests, diplomats, and leaders of men.
Guardsman - Warriors, soldiers, and brawlers.
Imperial Psyker - Practitioners of psychic disciplines.
Scum - Thieves, outcasts, and, well, scum.
Tech-Priest - Keepers of mysterious technology.

These are the classic classes, with one additional one from the inquisitor's handbook, which you are able to use, but I've actually never really read up on it.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Flash Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:54 pm

this looks very interesting. i would like to join
Silver Flash
Silver Flash
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name: O'Shaserra
Species: T'au

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Do you have a skype account Silver?
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Flash Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:55 pm

yes
Silver Flash
Silver Flash
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Alright. Add Linguz1 if you don't want to share it openly so I can give you the 2 books and the character sheet.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Flash Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:01 pm

i sent the request
Silver Flash
Silver Flash
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:50 pm

I've begun work on my character, rolled completely random, and got Tech-Priest, which was exactly what I wanted...
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 13

Character List:
Name: Ferrous
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

http://ferrousoxidemolecule.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Glad to have you on board FeO. If you're unsure about anything during the character creation process, just ask me.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:51 pm

[OOC/Help/Other Things] Dark Heresy Tumblr_m08myiQ7pF1r3lfm7o1_500
I'm in, as I can be.
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Wildfire
Sex: Herm
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Alright. Spit & Sky, whenever you can get on Skype to receive the books, that'd be great.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Flash Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:13 am

I have most of my character sheet done. it might need revision
Silver Flash
Silver Flash
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:18 am

Alright. If you could give the books to Sky if possible, that'd be great. When you finish it, send it to me and share any concerns that you might have.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Flash Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:40 am

ok then. I know your the GM for the roleplay, but will you also have a character?
Silver Flash
Silver Flash
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:19 am

I'd like to, but I'm scared that I would know too much. It'll depend on how many people are in.

I will have the Inquisitor no matter what though. I kinda have to. He doesn't travel with you though.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Flash Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:53 pm

my character is an assassin, and one of the few survivors from the Gheistos cataclysm.
Silver Flash
Silver Flash
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Flash Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:26 pm

well skype gave up on me but the last thing i wanted to ask was if i got this right. for the hunting rifle: pb=3 s=75 m=300 l=450 e=500
Silver Flash
Silver Flash
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:14 pm

We are allowed to make purchases with our starting geld while creating the character, right?
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:24 pm

Of course. Remember that your ammo is 10% of the weapon's weight per clip/charge pack, and to keep under the Carry limit (on page 215). If you surpass it, you can get fatigue (which makes all tests have a -10 to your stat).
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Star Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:04 pm

40K FTW sorry ive havent been latly but im back and would like to join in on this if im not to late
Shadow Star
Shadow Star
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name: Shadow Star
Sex: female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:40 pm

Since we haven't started, sure. Did you get the books and other stuff from your friend? If not, get on Skype and add me (linguz1) if you don't already have me. If you do, wait for me to get back home. Or wait for me to upload the RAR file and put the link to download here.

To all those with the book already: I did something to the bookmarks to make it easier to navigate.

To all those with character sheets: If you have it complete, please send it to me.

To all those with questions: Ask me through a PM here, ask me through this thread, ask me over Skype when I'm home, or send me an email at Linguz2@gmail.com.

To everyone: This will most likely start next week at some point, I have to wait until I get all the sheets. It will be a play by post where experience will be given after events or battles. The rolling will be done with the rolling feature here. I'll make all the required types of rolls by Sunday. Certain weapons and ammo will be changed slightly due to things I want to avoid that make no sense. When these come up, I will tell you. When doing interaction tests (like decieve) don't just say that's what you're doing and say what your person says, which can even get a bonus if it's particularly nice (like that time I convinced a clerk an orb was cursed and got ~300 thrones of items for free). I'll address any other thing at a later date.

If you read it all, thank you.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:34 pm

The DH Books are now in a rar file online, so you don't have to get them directly from me. Check the first post.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:27 am

I got my character sheet finished.

Here's the download link thing.
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:34 am

Ferrous_Oxide wrote:I got my character sheet finished.

One question, how'd you get Pistol Training (Flame)? I don't see it in the Technographer Advance Scheme.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 am

Linguz wrote:

One question, how'd you get Pistol Training (Flame)? I don't see it in the Technographer Advance Scheme.

Whoops, misread a part. I thought it was all pistol trainings available, sorry. I'll replace it with Sound Constitution.
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:00 am

Ferrous_Oxide wrote:
Linguz wrote:

Whoops, misread a part. I thought it was all pistol trainings available, sorry. I'll replace it with Sound Constitution.

No problem. And I saw that you had listed the ranges of the guns. When scrolling over those boxes, what it says is incorrect in 3 of them.

PB: 3m. BS attacks get a +30 at this range. Scatter weapons (shotguns) hit one more time per 2 degrees of success.
Small: Half of a weapon's range (15 for Las Pistol, 30 for Las Carbine, etc). At this range, BS attacks get a +10.
Medium: The weapon's range (30 for Las Pistol, etc). No modifier.
Long: Double the weapon's range (60 for Las Pistol, etc). -10 to BS tests.
Extreme: Triple the weapon's range (90 for Las Pistol, etc). -30 to BS tests.

Long and Extreme range modifiers are removed when using certain scopes or having a certain talent (Marksman).

I have done a single round between two of my characters after explaining how combat goes. Check it by clicking here. Check the rolls by clicking the blue text in the example.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Linguz wrote:
Ferrous_Oxide wrote:
Linguz wrote:

No problem. And I saw that you had listed the ranges of the guns. When scrolling over those boxes, what it says is incorrect in 3 of them.

PB: 3m. BS attacks get a +30 at this range. Scatter weapons (shotguns) hit one more time per 2 degrees of success.
Small: Half of a weapon's range (15 for Las Pistol, 30 for Las Carbine, etc). At this range, BS attacks get a +10.
Medium: The weapon's range (30 for Las Pistol, etc). No modifier.
Long: Double the weapon's range (60 for Las Pistol, etc). -10 to BS tests.
Extreme: Triple the weapon's range (90 for Las Pistol, etc). -30 to BS tests.

Long and Extreme range modifiers are removed when using certain scopes or having a certain talent (Marksman).

I have done a single round between two of my characters after explaining how combat goes. Check it by clicking here. Check the rolls by clicking the blue text in the example.

I thought it stood for the type of gun, sorry. I'll fix it when I get home.
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next