Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Tytan
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Epsilon
Kattlarv
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Bootleg
Twilightwolf4
Ketchup
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Ironmonger
iLateralGX
StoneSlinger88
Whiskey Rebellion
Vinylshadow
21 posters

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:38 am

you know it's cold outside, when....:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:23 am

@Katarn
Contrary to popular belief, hell isn't other people, it's just very fucking cold. There's still No Exit, though. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:54 am

Another cat to empathize with
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:10 am

Only cat I can empathize with
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:43 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Frost
Glad you're enjoying the comics. :P Amon Amarth... I never really took the time to listen to their stuff. Heard a single off some compilation album, thought it was pretty good, thought the guy had a very low growl which was cool (very easy on the ears, too), and then proceeded to get stuck on Opeth for a while (this was like... six or seven years ago, I think, back when I was a wee baby metalhead). I know they've got a strong reputation as a starting point for listening to the heavier stuff. Feels like I might have heard them being compared to Dimmu Borgir (as in, "Amon Amarth is to death metal as Demon Burger is to black metal"), but listening to some of their stuff now, they sound much better than that comparison implies. Overall, decent; maybe a bit simplistic, but sometimes you want something simple. Oh, and their Viking shtick is silly, but no sillier than any of the other Viking metal bands out there - and at least they aren't neo-Nazis! (Varg, I am looking at you - we all know you're out of jail and living in France with a lot of guns.)
I'm really loving the stuff I've listened to so far, and I concur that the growl is indeed cool. I haven't had the occasion to listen to stuff much heavier than them, but that's really a non-issue, since I prefer the more melodic stuff to the hyper-complex stuff that, after a while, just starts to sound like the band was just bashing their instruments with hammers. I don't mind the Viking thing at all, since I'm a bit of a history, fantasy, and mythology nerd, and Vikings are a particular favorite topic of mine.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:44 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Katarn
Contrary to popular belief, hell isn't other people, it's just very fucking cold. There's still No Exit, though. :P
Poor Hel. Sure, some people think she's hot, but others are convinced she's just frigid.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:27 am

Later gets better. Gore, violence, things close to sex scenes (implied) and many other nasty things...I love that game.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:32 am

While I was focusing more on the storyline and characters as I played through....in retrospect, there was a lot of nice, crunchy violence.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:33 am

nice music by miracleofsound (minor visual spoilers):
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:33 am

@Frost
Nothing wrong with silly, don't get me wrong. SYL is silly, and frankly, if you see a Viking-themed metal band taking itself too seriously, that might be a red flag for those neo-Nazis I talked about earlier. (Although the metric for seriously is kind of hard to define.)

Anecdote about Neo-Nazis in metal:

Anyway, I could probably scrounge up some recommendations for other bands that fit their style, but you've probably got plenty of their stuff to look through still. Have fun!

@Telltale Games
I really like 'em, but I'm one of those gamers who agonizes over all the choices.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:36 am

@OAC
Don't play Game of Thrones from TT....and don't get used to characters. I believe there IS way to get through game with ALL MC alive...but I doubt that.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:53 am

@OAC

Have you ever checked out Six Feet Under? I'm addicted to their songs. They don't take themselves seriously, and they have some seriously catchy riffs. Their brand of death metal is slower and more groove-like than most, and they have one of the most satisfying guitar tones that I've ever heard.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:02 pm

I'm sure either me or Iron has put it up here before, and it's not exactly death metal, but Only Living Witness has a few songs I've listened to. Pretty chill, actually.

Prone Mortal Form:
Voice of Disrepair:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:41 pm

I'm compelled to post these.

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:22 pm

Speaking of such games, I was playing through Hatoful Boyfriend and sorta accidentally became a lesbian. All I can surmise is that this game really is trying to turn little kids gay, Angry Pastor Tom was right, and I'd better start boycotting it now.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've been infected with The Gay and now I must cleanse myself.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:36 pm

Want some help with that?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:41 pm

Why, thank you. The Gay is notoriously hard to scrub away in those hard-to-reach places. It helps to have another man around for that.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:31 pm

Rest assured, it is only a pleasure for me to help you with such matters.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Poor Hel. Sure, some people think she's hot, but others are convinced she's just frigid.
That was fucking beautiful.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilightwolf4 Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:55 pm

...But then there's the whole 'defrost the ice queen' romantic subplot you get dragged into.

Twilightwolf4
Foal

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:59 pm

THE RELEASE DATE FOR PILLARS OF ETERNITY HAS BEEN NAMED. IT IS MARCH 26.

DONG EXPANSION INTENSIFIES.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:10 pm

Scienza wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
That was fucking beautiful.
To be fair, she's half-and-half about it.
Unrelated:

Last edited by Mister Frost on Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilightwolf4 Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:17 pm

@Pillars

Always nice to see callbacks to early RPG games, although it's a shame we can't get HD Remakes of games like Red Alert. I also recall watching my cousin play a medieval-themed version at one point.

But hey, it's from Obsidian, so I'm pretty sure that old and new fans will enjoy it.

Twilightwolf4
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilightwolf4 Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:38 pm

I'll behave

Twilightwolf4
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:42 pm

It's not about behaving. If you were banned, which by using another account I assume you were, you are blatantly breaking the rules.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:47 pm

Look, Vinyl, let's be serious here. Why are you doing this?

I'm sure that somewhere in the vast reaches of the internet, there are places that are compatible with your interests and personality. But this isn't one of them. You're not staying for the people, since we've been nothing but actively hostile to you for a good three or four months. You're not staying for PH, since you've repeatedly mentioned that you haven't read it in a long while. I'd say you were "trolling" except that you've been doing it consistently every day for months, to the point that you've posted more in the last seven months than most users have in three years. It's like you're obsessed and it's just... sad.

Look, man, go online and find something. Maybe a game you like, or a bizarre subreddit, or something. Some place where there's some people that you can legitimately get along with. Because this isn't healthy.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:58 pm

@Iron
Haven't checked them out, but I will. I wasn't actively looking at them for a while 'cos A) I never was all that into Cannibal Corpse and it was a side project of their vocalist (now his primary project I think), and B) folks at Encyclopedia Metallum were unimpressed with their early work. Sounds like their more recent stuff is getting praised for its songwriting, though, so I'll deffo check them out. I'll get back to you!

@Frost
Dang, dude, that's some good stuff. Very oldschool, doom-y. They've got a listing on Metallum, shame they're broken up now. "Stoner metal" but with a less laid-back sensibility than Kyuss. Reminds me of Magic Circle, actually, another Massachusetts band.
A song from 'em.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:09 pm

Goddamn, that's awesome. I love the near-abstract, allegorical sort of lyrics like that, combined with the higher, more melodic vocals and rhythm; gives it a sort of epic feel. Somewhere between Magic Circle/ Only Living Witness and Amon Amarth lies Iced Earth--I've not managed to hear much of their discography, but I think you'll enjoy it.

Plagues of Babylon--With lyrics!:
Unrelated:
EDIT: After perusing every one of Magic Circle's available songs, I think I'd have to put them up there as one of the better bands I've ever heard.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:45 am

@Iron
Listening to "Undead" right now. It's fun stuff! Very noodley (I think that's the right term) and crunchy. They definitely do groove a lot better than most bands that try it - the rhythm is compelling. The vocals are especially on point with this. It's a bit too rare to see death metal vocalists effectively using their growls as percussion these days (at least in the ones I listen to); I'm a big fan of the atmospheric/accentuation style (like Insomnium), but this is nice. Good album. "Missing Victims" is a standout. Barnes uses some range on his growls.

@Frost
Magic Circle is excellent. They're doing some Black Sabbath worship, sure, but holy hell do they pull it off.

That song by Iced Earth's pretty nice. I gotta admit, I'm not huge on power metal or thrash, and Iced Earth's sort of a combo of the two - still, this doesn't have too much of the overwrought style of power metal, and it's a lot easier to listen to than a lot of the crazy thrash stuff out there (as much as I like Slayer, you do kind of have to be in the right mood for it). Very enjoyable solo on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:32 am

@OAC

One of my favorite songs of theirs is "Prophecy" on their album "Undead". Some of my other favorites are "Haunted" on "Haunted", "Bonesaw" on "Maximum Violence", and "Zombie Executioner" on "Commandment". One of my favorite aspects of the band is the drums, specifically the jingly cymbals.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next