Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout Equestria: Storm Chasers

3 posters

Go down

Fallout Equestria: Storm Chasers Empty Fallout Equestria: Storm Chasers

Post by Chaotic Dreams Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Hello, all. I am Chaotic Dreams, a new member of this site. I've recently begun my own Fallout: Equestria side story, just for fun. It is entitled Fallout Equestria: Storm Chasers (formerly Hyperion's Kaleidoscope) and I would greatly appreciate any feedback from anyone interested. You can find the story here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/180447/fallout-equestria-storm-chasers. 

The brief synopsis of the story is as follows:
Surprise is a young pegasus mare eking out a modest existence as a third-rate Enclave soldier in the Primum Mobile Military Base, a remote weather outpost on the edge of the cloud cover. Life in the Equestrian Wasteland below is a constant fight for survival, but above the clouds, the worst thing Surprise has to deal with are the hallucinations caused by her schizophrenia.

However, when the base discovers a hurricane is headed towards Enclave airspace, Surprise is among those sent into action to try and intercept it. As Surprise quickly learns, though, the impending tempest is no ordinary storm. Rather, it is a militarized pegasus city from before the Great War, possessing enough prewar wonders and horrors to make whoever gains control of it the most powerful pony in the sky...if the city doesn't completely destroy the aerial nation of the Enclave.

Last edited by Chaotic Dreams on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Link Change)

Chaotic Dreams
Foal

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria: Storm Chasers Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Storm Chasers

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:21 pm

Running Comments:
Well, you've got an interesting premise here, and the mechanical quality of your writing seems to me at worst adequate. While it's hard to say more based on what's already here and it does not look, unfortunately, like this story will fit into my headcanon, I am interested in finding out what happens next.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:18 pm

...So is no one else going to comment on this?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaotic Dreams Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:30 pm

I have recently changed the title of my story to "Fallout Equestria: Storm Chasers."

Chaotic Dreams
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:19 pm

That does make a bit more sense. Though I'm not sure that I've much of a leg to stand on; I may not be the author, but PH hasn't exactly been in a hurry to explain its title. :)

You can change the name of this thread, by the way. I'm not sure if you've not done it because you didn't want to or because you didn't know that it was possible.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:20 pm

And come on, everyone, it's been over a week. Why does this thread still only have two posters? If you don't like the story, you could at least say why.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:26 pm

Fallout Equestria: Storm Chasers Full

So I was wondering why this story was in gdocs instead of on fimfiction, (and I really think it should be on fimfiction...) and I looked Chotic Dreams up on the site. I remember this author now, and every one of his stories I've read is seriously creative. I haven't read this story yet, but I'm going to make sure I read it at latest tomorrow because while I don't know if it's a story I will like I do know that I can recommend this story to everyone here based simply on my opinion that this person always writes interesting stories.

O. Hinds wrote:Well, you've got an interesting premise here, and the mechanical quality of your writing seems to me at worst adequate.  While it's hard to say more based on what's already here and it does not look, unfortunately, like this story will fit into my headcanon, I am interested in finding out what happens next.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure that "not my headcanon" is, uh... well, it's... whatever.

Oh, and uh, hello.

Chaotic Dreams wrote:I have recently changed the title of my story to "Fallout Equestria: Storm Chasers."

I think you can edit the tile of the thread? *Shrug*
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:06 pm

Derpmind wrote:I'm not sure that "not my headcanon" is, uh... well, it's... whatever.
What?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaotic Dreams Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Sorry, I didn't realize the title of the thread could be changed. Now that I've figured out how to do so, I want to thank you both for commenting on the thread and taking a look (or planning on taking a look) at the story. I greatly appreciate it!

Chaotic Dreams
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaotic Dreams Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:37 pm

The amazing DoomSp0rk of DeviantArt has created some awesome cover art for "Storm Chasers:"

LINK

Chaotic Dreams
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Chaotic Dreams wrote:The amazing DoomSp0rk of DeviantArt has created some awesome cover art for "Storm Chasers:"

LINK
Nice!

...Also pretty much the design I had for the Hurricane-class mobile fortresses, a cloud disk supporting a platform and central citadel with possibly a superweapon poking out the bottom of the disk. Mine was more of a fortress/warship and less of a city, but I suppose that it's a natural design for something called Hurricane. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content