Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+20
Craterfist
Aonee
Harmony Ltd.
Penby
iLateralGX
Kattlarv
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
CamoBadger
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
RoboRed
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
StoneSlinger88
Moodyman90
OneMoreDaySK
Ironmonger
Scienza
24 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:55 pm

That moment when the heads of an OC RP group are elitist/hard to please.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Really-really-thumb

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:01 pm

Ironmonger wrote:That moment when the heads of an OC RP group are elitist/hard to please.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Really-really-thumb
That's when I make a character who looks super serious, but is, in fact, the cheesiest motherfucker of all time.
"why yes, I did stat him in a way that he actually has an ability to talk a sword out of hitting him. Not the enemy holding the sword, the actual fucking sword."
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:06 pm

What grinds my gears is that, before, I was getting made fun for making a lot of characters who were underdeveloped. Now, I'm getting made fun of for making one character that's overdeveloped? Fucking really, people? I mean, I know he's strange, but that doesn't mean bad.

It's just...eugh, I know this is going to end badly for me somehow.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:07 pm

Ironmonger wrote:What grinds my gears is that, before, I was getting made fun for making a lot of characters who were underdeveloped. Now, I'm getting made fun of for making one character that's overdeveloped? Fucking really, people? I mean, I know he's strange, but that doesn't mean bad.

It's just...eugh, I know this is going to end badly for me somehow.
Some people are dipshits. If your backstory isn't EXACLTY 500-600 words, you fucked up.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:09 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Some people are dipshits. If your backstory isn't EXACLTY 500-600 words, you fucked up.

I popped into their chat on Cloudsdale to see what was being said, and the exact thing I found when my character was brought up was that "a character should revolve around one thing". Fuck. That. I'm not gonna crank out some half-assed character because it's simple. There's no fun in having a character like that around.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:18 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
"why yes, I did stat him in a way that he actually has an ability to talk a sword out of hitting him. Not the enemy holding the sword, the actual fucking sword."

I can't wrap my head around that... You're character was so charismatic he/she breathed life into inanimate objects to charm them?

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Last wrote:
I can't wrap my head around that... You're character was so charismatic he/she breathed life into inanimate objects to charm them?
Yeah. There's a way in one of the DnD editions that if you double-class in monk and bard, you can convince fists, swords, arrows, etc. not to hit you.

Ironmonger wrote:
I popped into their chat on Cloudsdale to see what was being said, and the exact thing I found when my character was brought up was that "a character should revolve around one thing". Fuck. That. I'm not gonna crank out some half-assed character because it's simple. There's no fun in having a character like that around.
character...revolve...one thing...

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Broken%20Brain
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:29 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
character...revolve...one thing...

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Broken%20Brain

That's exactly how I feel. If I want a character like that, or one that's simple in general, I'd play a video game. However, I'm talking about a fucking RP group. The situation is that I crammed too much stuff into one character for their taste, and they don't like the idea that he's a big unicorn. Though, he's not Cast Iron big.

Honestly, I wouldn't care about their opinions at all if it weren't for the fact that these are the damn mods talking. There's the off chance that I'll be screwed over because they don't like something.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Ironmonger wrote:and they don't like the idea that he's a big unicorn. Though, he's not Cast Iron big.
Wait, aren't these the guys with the edgiest of edgy mary sue characters ever?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:39 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:and they don't like the idea that he's a big unicorn. Though, he's not Cast Iron big.

Here's their group. I don't know much about these guys other than that the head admin is dickhead.

EDIT: The "Combat Admin" guy. The other head is pretty cool.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:

Here's their group. I don't know much about these guys other than that the head admin is dickhead.

So, I found the character sheet thread.
That first admin character...holy fuck I can't even describe the "what the fuck" I feel.
-always wears a hat and a cloak, is never ever EVER seen without them
-cloak is fireproof and acid-proof for some ungodly reason
-carries random things just in case he needs them
-is an expert thief, survivalist and alchemist
-physically very weak, uses his equipment to do everything he needs to do
SURVIVALIST, REQUIRES FUCKING TOOLS TO SURVIVE
-Daring Do's old partner (seriously? Make a rule saying no mary sue, make your OC a canon character's best friend?)
-his other character is supermysterious, except that she's older than CELESTIA
Then I stopped. This group is obviously horseshit because they say a complex character sucks, and their characters hurt my soul to know they exist and someone thinks they're cool.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Here's the character that I posted. I based him loosely on Peter Steele from Type O-Negative. About the thing of him being "powerfully built", that honestly just means he's strong. He'd win a bar brawl, but anyone with the right training would make short work of him. He's a guitarist, not a fighter.

I honestly don't understand how that group thinks.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:

you wanna know what's fun? Rolling a character class almost completely random and ending up with Tony Stark and trying desperately to make him not be Tony Stark.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Tytan wrote:
you wanna know what's fun? Rolling a character class almost completely random and ending up with Tony Stark and trying desperately to make him not be Tony Stark.

...What the hell kind of game were you playing? That sounds like a game to play with your buddies while drunk.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Here's the character that I posted. I based him loosely on Peter Steele from Type O-Negative. About the thing of him being "powerfully built", that honestly just means he's strong. He'd win a bar brawl, but anyone with the right training would make short work of him. He's a guitarist, not a fighter.

I honestly don't understand how that group thinks.
I'm pretty sure if I submitted any of my characters, they would have a stroke. 
Not even the FoE ones, I would do my first one, and they would say "mary sue, can't be here, not based on one trait"
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Tytan wrote:

...What the hell kind of game were you playing? That sounds like a game to play with your buddies while drunk.
Mutants and Masterminds.

Basically DnD with superheroes.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:20 pm

Based on what you're saying here I'm not sure why you would wanna play with those guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:27 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
I'm pretty sure if I submitted any of my characters, they would have a stroke. 
Not even the FoE ones, I would do my first one, and they would say "mary sue, can't be here, not based on one trait"

That group worries me, because if my character gets rejected based on their "issues", that means that the character admin doesn't really know what they're doing. Afterwards, I'll essentially have to guess what they will approve, because they use a different sort of logic than I do.

Tytan wrote:
Mutants and Masterminds.

That actually sounds kinda fun in its own demented way. I'm personally not very big on superheroes, but there's a few that I'd consider gems.

@Last

I have two reasons at the moment. One, finding an RP group seems to be kinda difficult, and there is the chance that the next group that I find will be even more difficult. Two, even though I'm thoroughly aggravated by their antics, I'm not gonna let that make me see them as bad people to play with. I'm gonna give them a legit chance.

I'm actually one of the head admins of a low-key RP group, but most of the members are either lurkers, or have migrated over to the OC Roleplay.

EDIT: I just realized that's actually three reasons. My mind is a little scattered at the moment.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:03 pm

The fact that the Celestia picture under that post was the one where she's raising her eyebrows suggestively made that even better.

Also, Taco Bell, trying to get you hitched or ruin your relationship trying haha.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:The fact that the Celestia picture under that post was the one where she's raising her eyebrows suggestively made that even better.

Also, Taco Bell, trying to get you hitched or ruin your relationship trying haha.

Taco Belle admits no such deviousness:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:28 pm

swicked wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Photo10
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:23 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Mutants and Masterminds.

That actually sounds kinda fun in its own demented way. I'm personally not very big on superheroes, but there's a few that I'd consider gems..
I think you'd like it. Among the many things that have happened my character broke a sphinx's heart, Orm's character accidentally used a tornado to throw a house at my character, my character got seduced by a half succubus (which lead to the aforementioned heartbreaking), my character was also seduced by a villain and nearly killed by said villain (in his defense she was both cat themed and wore a skin tight catsuit), and XT's character was seduced by another player character while they were visiting his moon base.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:06 pm

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:02 pm

@Robo

3Adorable5Me

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:04 pm

Swickedbait: http://theshadowstone.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Celestia-434306901
Scytobait: http://a4r91n.deviantart.com/art/Navy-Seal-Rarity-434134970
Camobait: http://sokolas.deviantart.com/art/Tickles-434558178
http://timeisoatmeal.tumblr.com/image/76843795397
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:14 am

RoboRed wrote:Swickedbait: http://theshadowstone.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Celestia-434306901
Scytobait: http://a4r91n.deviantart.com/art/Navy-Seal-Rarity-434134970
Camobait: http://sokolas.deviantart.com/art/Tickles-434558178
http://timeisoatmeal.tumblr.com/image/76843795397
This is acceptable.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:46 am

@Camo:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:47 am

Katarn wrote:
@Camo:
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 1366072888414
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:48 am

Stormtroopers:
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:04 am

A small incident in the group's Skype call gave me the idea to use this for the intro of my Let's Play videos.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next