Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+20
Craterfist
Aonee
Harmony Ltd.
Penby
iLateralGX
Kattlarv
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
CamoBadger
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
RoboRed
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
StoneSlinger88
Moodyman90
OneMoreDaySK
Ironmonger
Scienza
24 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:42 pm

swicked wrote:But not on yourself?

Nope. Anything that I know isn't real (Games, drawings, etc) doesn't bother me, and my own gashes and ooze I can't help but examine, but something about seeing it on other people makes me gag. Accidently clicked on a link to a guy who got his legs blown off by a landmine or something, and I spent the rest of the day in bed.

Edit: I mean that's an extreme example, I get pretty "Uuugh, blegh" when people show me papercuts.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Penby Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Anyone who hates Spiders would have hated my old room back in Aus. I just let the spiders claim the ceiling to the point where there was a layer of web covering it. I did it for practical purposes. They would eat all the nasty mosquitoes.
Penby
Penby
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 44

http://penby.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:00 pm

This one is specially for Iron.

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:02 pm

swicked wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:and I get extremely uncomfortable when people wave knives and other kind of blades at my face (like "ready to spontaneously initiate kung-fu moves").
For example, a few minutes ago a comrade waved a hatchet a little too close to my face for comfort, and I reflexively grabbed it by the handle with my left hand, my right hand ready to punch him in the face.

He was just showing it to me.

That's how tense other people wielding blades carelessly [1] make me.

[1] : I have no problem wielding or manipulating blades myself.
Ah, no, I'm not even remotely that bad.
It basically amount to a trust issue.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:04 pm

swicked wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:
swicked wrote:But not on yourself?

Nope. Anything that I know isn't real (Games, drawings, etc) doesn't bother me, and my own gashes and ooze I can't help but examine, but something about seeing it on other people makes me gag. Accidently clicked on a link to a guy who got his legs blown off by a landmine or something, and I spent the rest of the day in bed.

Edit: I mean that's an extreme example, I get pretty "Uuugh, blegh" when people show me papercuts.
Do you ever get annoyed how doctors and stuff cover areas you're having surgery in so you can't watch them cutting into you? Obviously when you're awake during it, I mean.
'Cause I do.

I've only had one awake-surgery and that was just getting a tube shoved down my throat. I can understand why they would cover it up for most people, but it would be nice for that to be optional.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:51 pm

And the chances I'll see active combat are relatively slim, having enlisted in the air force as a "mechanic" and not the land forces.

Basically, my most likely "chances" of seeing combat is being deployed as a mechanic on a forward base during an External Operation and having either the enemy attacking said base or being part of a convoy that gets attacked.

And that's fine by me. I'm not a warrior. I just want to serve.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
I lost my shit, too. In fact, I was laughing almost the entire time. Nova really inspires my work sometimes.  Crazy 
Morelulz:
I've been getting into watching Nova again, lately. I first started watching him from his utterly insane little vidoes, and then religiously watched his Happy Wheels vids. I pretty much stopped once he stopped making those. I've been watching him now and again with his various gmod game vids (TTT, suicide barrels, gmod murder, etc).[/quote]

Last edited by RoboRed on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:07 pm

RoboRed wrote:
I've been getting into watching Nova again, lately. I first started watching him from his utterly insane little vidoes, and then religiously watched his Happy Wheels vids. I pretty much stopped once he stopped making those. I've been watching him now and again with his various gmod game vids (TTT, suicide barrels, gmod murder, etc).

I'm gradually getting more into Nova's work. Do you by chance watch Jesse Cox? I used to watch his videos for a long time, but his videos are usually too long for my taste. If he did shorts like Sark and the others, that would make my day.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:40 pm

By curiosity, is it just that you dislike the idea of being shot at, the idea of shooting at someone, or is it something ideological?

Not criticizing, just curious about your point of view.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:52 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:By curiosity, is it just that you dislike the idea of being shot at, the idea of shooting at someone, or is it something ideological?

Not criticizing, just curious about your point of view.

Not that this was directed at me, but for me all three. I'm terrified of death (and proud of it, people who don't are nuts), my belief system indicates that no one deserves to die (So I'd rather not shoot someone), and (as probably indicated before) I don't like people getting hurt - even people I don't like or know.

Edit: Although if I had to choose, genetic loyalty sends me off to search and rescue.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:39 pm

Wait,  swicked,  aren't you private security for a nuclear facility? 
Now that I think about, this seems a bit excessive, but whenever I think about you on the job I imagine guys waking around in bulletproof vests and assault rifles.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Aonee wrote:Wait,  swicked,  aren't you private security for a nuclear facility? 
Now that I think about, this seems a bit excessive, but whenever I think about you on the job I imagine guys waking around in bulletproof vests and assault rifles.
IIRC, not "facility" security but more "system" security: maintaining all the monitoring equipment that ensure the facility operate within acceptable parameters.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Swicked?

As for your arguments, I can respect that, and would even go so far as to say that I agree with them.

Simply, from my point of view, and this may seem strange... but I just feel like I need to do this. Or at least try.

It is very illogical. But, you know, when you get down to it, this whole job goes against reason itself, so why not embrace the doublethink, eh? At least I get wicked benefits, the work environment is cool, and I'll get a lot of cool memories to share.

At least it's better than what I would have done had I stayed civilian... Far less dull, at least.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Science!:
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:13 pm

for frost:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:01 pm

swicked wrote:the only benefit I could ever consider would be the money and I'm certainly don't need it.

The... Money?

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 MauryLaughing
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:03 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:
swicked wrote:the only benefit I could ever consider would be the money and I'm certainly don't need it.

The... Money?

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 MauryLaughing
I couldn't have put it better in an essay.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:10 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 1011032_719906821373609_585390340_n

*runs away*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:12 pm

RoboRed wrote:*bronco's joke*

*runs away*
I WILL STAB YOU IN THE NECK AND HAVE SEX WITH THE HOLE
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:13 pm

Hmm what? Oh yeah, sports, football, stuff people put stock in that I don't.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:14 pm

RoboRed wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 1011032_719906821373609_585390340_n

*runs away*

New to Seattle's vet clinics: The Seahawks Gelding Special!
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:15 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
RoboRed wrote:*bronco's joke*

*runs away*
Eeeeeehehheheheheheee!!  Applebloom 

Sorry, couldn't resist. Have some Epona pony, angry man.

Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:20 pm

She's still best pony
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:25 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
I just realized...Scyto might be jealous of me for this... Trollestia 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:53 pm

RoboRed wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
I just realized...Scyto might be jealous of me for this... Trollestia 

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 What-year-it-is-
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:01 pm

swicked wrote:That's actually my entire point.
I make a lot more than I think I could possibly make at my age and skill level within the military.
The only valid pro for that career path, in my eyes, is that it pays at all. Thus, given the circumstances, that's certainly not enough, even without all the cons making the idea of it even more unappealing.
All you really need to say about it is that it's a guaranteed paycheck and job as long as you're good at your job.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:05 am

Does anyone remember Rogue Trooper?

I've been feeling really nostalgic about it. I remember having so much fun playing it and it's making me want to read the comics and books.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:29 am

lulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:09 am

right I got off at 1130 tonight,.. free beer
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:24 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 Hooray-Beer-300x211
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next