Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+5
Fuzzy
Vergil
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
9 posters

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 31 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by RoboRed Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:26 pm

I guess the Alecto is alright if you want a TD that struggles at taking out light tanks but is almost invisible otherwise.
Clearly, you aren't using the howitzer on that thing.

Usually, though, Brit TDs tend to rely on damage over time over initial damage. They have a high rate of fire, and tend to have high-pen, low-damage guns. The TDs up to 4 have crap armor and usually more mobility. Once you get to 5-9, you get lots of armor, but lose speed. Gun style stays the same however. And if you can use your armor effectively and minimize your weak spots, you can be a monstrosity on the battlefield. I love Brit TDs.

Brit heavies are...different. They aren't as heavily-armored as the rest in their tiers as you go along, but they have a bit more mobility and higher accuracy, and are better suited for being the second live rather than the first. The initial heavies, though, are agonizingly slow as fuck and have pretty good armor, just not on the flatmost sides (or the turrets, quite frankly). They have high rates of fire, however.

I'm not really an expert on the heavies, though. I've only done Brit meds and TDs. I think Fuzzy or someone else with more firsthand experience might have more to say on this.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 31 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:54 pm

I didn't buy the alecto. At that point I had a jackson and early impressions of the british line had me selling my valentine. I'm just going off of Churchills being absolutely destroyed by anything with a gun and Alecto's trying to kill my M5 for a year with little result.

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:07 pm

If the British heavies can get to a place where they can use their RoF, they become very effective. Churchill vs. KV-1 in the open, the Churchill has the advantage. In a peek-a-boom fight, it goes to the KV-1. However, Churchills are HUGE targets full of weakpoints. I have no problem penning the turret, the sides, or even the front if you shoot the right spots.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Last wrote:At that point I had a jackson and early impressions of the british line had me selling my valentine.
Understandable. The Valentine AT is a slow piece of ass with """"armor"""". I hated it and free xp'd past it. Looking back on it, I probably could have made it work, but I was too bad of a player to know how. It's still not that great. The UC-2pdr and the Alecto were fun, but I could not get good games in the Alecto for the life of me. The thing was just cursed.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:51 am

Well, looks like I got an early Christmas Present from WG

Spoiler:
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:51 am

Wut.

How did that happen?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:56 pm

RoboRed wrote:
I guess the Alecto is alright if you want a TD that struggles at taking out light tanks but is almost invisible otherwise.
Clearly, you aren't using the howitzer on that thing.

Usually, though, Brit TDs tend to rely on damage over time over initial damage. They have a high rate of fire, and tend to have high-pen, low-damage guns. The TDs up to 4 have crap armor and usually more mobility. Once you get to 5-9, you get lots of armor, but lose speed. Gun style stays the same however. And if you can use your armor effectively and minimize your weak spots, you can be a monstrosity on the battlefield. I love Brit TDs.

Brit heavies are...different. They aren't as heavily-armored as the rest in their tiers as you go along, but they have a bit more mobility and higher accuracy, and are better suited for being the second live rather than the first. The initial heavies, though, are agonizingly slow as fuck and have pretty good armor, just not on the flatmost sides (or the turrets, quite frankly). They have high rates of fire, however.

I'm not really an expert on the heavies, though. I've only done Brit meds and TDs. I think Fuzzy or someone else with more firsthand experience might have more to say on this.

Unfortunately, much of this isn't really how they play at all I'm afraid. British TD's have awful armour in comparison to other nations. The Russians have epic slant armour with huge mantlets, the French have the same with really tough cupolas, the Germans get huge chassis' and the Americans can hull down to become invincible. The British AT series has basically no armour at all by comparison on account of WG modelling them inaccurately and not giving them their historically accurate armour. Even on the bits that do, it makes no difference as they modelled massive weakpoints and odd crew locations to mess them up. (They rely on DPM, but shooting the MG turret kills the loader every time for some reason) They have very small guns as well, unfortunately. At tier 8, where most TD's get tier 10 guns, the British are still using a gun from tier 7.

They really aren't very good. Utterly uncompetitive and in dire need of an armour buff. They are assault tanks after all, yet they need to cower more than any other nation. Just WG doing their usual thing of trying to insult British engineering.

The heavies meanwhile have weaker armour, weaker guns and slower mobility than any other nation's heavies. Their only advantage is they can beat some tanks in a straight up DPM war...and then are useless because that relies on finding someone alone who can't just dodge away from you. They aren't very good, frankly. The Conqueror is merely ok. It's gun is a little underpowered though, with less penetration than a medium tank's 105mm gun and only 5 more damage...

Simply put, British TD's and Heavies aren't very good given they almost universally don't have their real historical parametres that made them legends in reality.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:34 am

Playing with a T18 is obnoxiously fun right now.
Club ALL the baby seals.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:40 am

Yeah, I tried to play the british gift tank yesterday. Got killed by a T18 the 15mm gun couldn't penetrate from the front or sides, and I wasn't quick enough to be able to circle the damn thing.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:41 am

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 31 Seal_clubbing
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:04 pm

Speaking of seal-clubbing...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dj07vlkqyjopbnq/20131226_1653_france-BDR_G1B_44_north_america.wotreplay

As I said, French heavies are meant to be played opportunistically, as second-line support, and cannot be used as frontliners. The above replay is, I feel, a textbook example of their strengths and weaknesses.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:36 pm

...Okay, not going to lie, with the amount of stuff wrong done by EVERYONE in that replay, I'm surprised I have any hair left. *sigh* This is why I have little drive to play anymore...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:37 pm

I have to admit, after two month of not playing the game, I'm a bit rusty...

I'll just say the shot I did on the AT-2's commander hatch felt to me to be kind of cunt punt, but heh, I didn't want to take risks not knowing what the other weakspots on that machine are.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Fuzzy wrote:They really aren't very good. Utterly uncompetitive and in dire need of an armour buff.
And yet statistically, the AT series are among the top performing TDs for their tier. Tortoise was in #3 before the waffentragers were introduced, and AT-15 was at #1. AT8 is only surpassed by vehicles that are regarded as OP for their tier (with maybe some debate on the SU-100Y).

I will give you that the extra loaders and the weak spots are bullshit, however. I think it's enough that they are just slow to travel and traverse.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:57 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:They really aren't very good. Utterly uncompetitive and in dire need of an armour buff.
And yet statistically, the AT series are among the top performing TDs for their tier. Tortoise was in #3 before the waffentragers were introduced, and AT-15 was at #1. AT8 is only surpassed by vehicles that are regarded as OP for their tier (with maybe some debate on the SU-100Y).

I will give you that the extra loaders and the weak spots are bullshit, however. I think it's enough that they are just slow to travel and traverse.

Bear in mind that Noobmeter is an extremely inaccurate judge of a tank's overall performance. There are fewer players with the AT series and it's had less time than any other line bar one to create general stats. Most of their performance comes from their overwhelmingly powerful first few months of play when no-one knew the weakpoints or how to handle them that has thrown off the average stats entirely and will continue to do so for some time.

Now people know and they're just becoming an EXP pinata. A Tortoise's frontal armour can be penetrated in at least 5 places by tier seven mediums now, while the AT-15 has only 75mm of armour on its primary plate. Compared to the Foch's, WT's, SU's, T28's, T30's and T110's they are drastically less powerful with their lack of alpha, DPM that gets knocked out immediately, no capability to resist/prevent incoming fire and inability to hide.

Really, all that needs to be done to fix them is to buff the commander's cupola's until they cannot be easily penetrated in the same vein as the T110 series, give the mantlets their historical values and change the loader's position. That would bring them into being balanced very easily, allowing them to function as they are intended (as heavy assault breachers) and to still be vulnerable to people who flank them. That's their weakness, that they are slow, not to be vulnerable from the front to any derpgun who comes out, snipes once to kill loader/do 500 damage to a cupola and then run away to not let you DPM them back.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:56 pm

Interesting:

3D images of the fighting compartment of a T-80BV MBT, from each crew station.

http://perfectumlab.com/gallery/panorams/tours/military/t80bv/
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Valikdu wrote:Interesting:

All I can say from seeing that layout is Sod. That.

Metal nightmare made real. Open exposed autoloader doesn't equal my kind of willing environment...

Fascinating to get a look in though. Good find.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:06 am

Put some more matches in on my PzIII/IV. Five kills, six kills, two kills, five kills... Luna 
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:29 am

Valikdu wrote:Interesting:

IT's very interesting to look around, but I wouldn't like to have to operate one. Anyone else notice the right fuel tank which has slots carved in it to store ammunition in? Why is it giving me a bad feeling...
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:03 am

Just picked up my 90mm for my jackson... 11 seconds of reload. I guess I can't complain too much I usually break something when I fire it. Also I can't figure out why I wasn't buying first aid/repair kits the whole time. I guess I'm not the only one though I've never seen anyone repair their treads ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:00 pm

You are learning, young padawan.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:53 pm

Picked up an E-25. Absolutely no armor, mediocre pen, but dat RoF... Fun little bastard.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:20 am

have you managed to exploit its ridiculously low silhouette yet?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:29 pm

That, it's insane camo, and good gun depression. I can sit in the open with a camo net and people can't see me, but they can see the guy in the bush next to me. Spike
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Remind me: when you fire a shot, how exactly does it impact your stealth Vs. other people's view ranges?

Because if the thing rests on its RoF to deal damages, it might be a bit hard to play if it needs to relocate after each shots because it got detected.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:09 pm

At maximum, with rammer, 100% crew, and vents, it can get out a shot every 2.53 seconds. It also has an accuracy of .30. It can do damage from outside their viewing range easily, and is quick enough to move when spotted. When you fire a shot, it drastically reduces camo value (to 9.1% for the E-25, I believe). I usually can get off a few shots before anyone even notices me, then I scoot my ass to a better position and continue plinking at them. I've gotten over a thousand damage in the first 90 seconds of gameplay, simply because this thing puts out shots so fast the enemy doesn't have enough time to run for cover.

And I'm making around 40k credits profit per battle. Fluttershy
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:24 pm

How much gold does it cost? This may be an interesting choice for a credit-maker, depending on th answer.

Edit: currently €19.28 as there are sales going on, €25.39 otherwise
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:23 pm

I did it, and bought myself an E-25.

Now to test-drive it a bit...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:33 pm

Finally got enough XP to get the ARL 44.

Now to get the almost 1 million credits necessary to buy it.

Let's see, I have an E-25 and 7 days of premium account...

This should do.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:09 pm

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next