Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
IncoherentOrange
cb5
Darkbright39
Cptadder
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
Kippershy
RoboRed
Frost
21 posters

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:54 pm

Quick test :

How many of you here know what "poontang" mean without having to look it up ?
*raises hand*

Also, "means".Spike

What I mean is :

How dated is it ? Is it still part of the current vocabulary ?
I've heard "poon" used every so often, but not that much.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:05 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Quick test :

of course I know what poontang is.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:57 pm

God damn... My sides...
Spoiler:
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:33 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:God damn... My sides...
Spoiler:
Did somebody mention gay snowman?
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkbright39 Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Please check out the artist Lucid's tumblr. http://inlucidreverie.tumblr.com/post/53153546640/so-in-roughly-12-hours-ill-be-doing-my-4us

He did a commission of mine today and I was very satisfied with it. He said he will be doing it again in a few days and with such low prices, most anyone should be able to afford it! Support our humble yet hardy FoE artists so that they can continue providing us with cool works.
Darkbright39
Darkbright39
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:35 pm

appledad:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:31 am

Darkbright39 wrote:Please check out the artist Lucid's tumblr. http://inlucidreverie.tumblr.com/post/53153546640/so-in-roughly-12-hours-ill-be-doing-my-4us

He did a commission of mine today and I was very satisfied with it. He said he will be doing it again in a few days and with such low prices, most anyone should be able to afford it! Support our humble yet hardy FoE artists so that they can continue providing us with cool works.

They do regular non-speedy commissions, too?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:13 am

Kippershy wrote:

But are you ready to get your balls blasted off for the word ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:51 am

"They high-fived so hard the shockwave blew up windows a thousand kilometers away."
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:20 am

"Crushed under the treads of History."

That formula just came to my mind.

I like it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:54 am

Darkbright39 wrote:Please check out the artist Lucid's tumblr. http://inlucidreverie.tumblr.com/post/53153546640/so-in-roughly-12-hours-ill-be-doing-my-4us

Which faggot are you again? Or you not from the threads?

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

But are you ready to get your balls blasted off for the word ?
Why would my balls be blasted off?[/quote]
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:58 am

Kippershy wrote:Why would my balls be blasted off?
=> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqpGiwNtMvY
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:06 am

That was hilarious. Thank you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:08 pm

I say, even though I'm really shitty at RTS games, this look like it has the potential to be -fun- : http://store.steampowered.com/app/233250/
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:14 pm

From what I've gathered, Spec Ops: The Line is probably a thing that is worth playing. Even Yahtzee actually liked it.
Apparently, it has an actual story that was made by a writer, as opposed to Michael Bay's random crap generator. And it's the kind of a story that's relevant to our interests.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:16 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I say, even though I'm really shitty at RTS games, this look like it has the potential to be -fun- : http://store.steampowered.com/app/233250/
Looks somewhat like Supreme Commander.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Supreme Commander was the successor of a game called "Total Annihilation".

This game here is called "Planetary Annihilation".

I'll let you compute the probabilities.

@ Valikdu : I concur that you should play Spec Ops if you have the occasion. I haven't finished it yet, but I can already tell you the story is solid, and the gunplay is -not shitty-.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Supreme Commander was the successor of a game called "Total Annihilation".

This game here is called "Planetary Annihilation".

I'll let you run some calculations.

@ Valikdu : I concur that you should play Spec Ops if you have the occasion. I haven't finished it yet, but I can already tell you the story is solid, and the gunplay is -not shitty-.

Definitely gonna look into this, then.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:38 pm

So, looking into Sid Meier's : Alpha Centauri...

Am I the only one who tend to root for the Spartans ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:41 pm

All that I've heard indicates that Spec Ops is quite nice game.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:56 pm

swicked wrote:It's funny how thick Twilight is.
Too bad she's cray cray...
Tell us something new.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:So, looking into Sid Meier's : Alpha Centauri...

Am I the only one who tend to root for the Spartans ?
I mean, seriously man :

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 QuayRsl

"Man has killed man from the beginning of time, and each new frontier has brought new ways and new places to die. Why should the future be different?"
-- Col. Corazon Santiago "Planet: A Survivalist's Guide"

Can you -not- trust that kind of leadership ?Twilight crazy
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:54 pm

In Alpha Centauri, I prefer to either

do mad science:
or

BE mad science:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:06 pm

For Poontang
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:08 pm

You talk to me about the wonders of Planet and the Universe, of the riches awaiting us.

Of the Lord's words, and of order and loyalty.

You talk to me of... peace.

There is only one truth that matter :

Survival.
Poontang.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:40 pm

On an online browser game, where you play empires,

my own "roleplay" started by playing a mercenary company which seized a world for itself. Then the company put itself to the service of a coalition of other Empires. This coalition grew in importance, and the mercenary company's role in it as well, to such an extent that for a long time, my Empire was the one at the head of the Galactic Capital - by the time, the mercenary company had evolved to become a full fledged federation of conquered united worlds.

But then there was an Apocalypse, and my Empire was forced to evacuate and relocate to another galaxy altogether.

And now once again the coalition of Empires I am part of, a different one this time, is already the de facto master of the Galaxy.

Now the funny thing is that money in that game is basically worthless as a currency, as it can be generated through speculation on the in-game markets to unbelievable levels : only hard resources such as metal or energy having real value.

Where I'm getting at is,

You have ex-mercenaries who are unbelievably loyal to a figurehead (another player's character), who may be among the most un-corruptible people out there, who value survival of their kind among everything else, and who may actually be the least morally ambiguous bastards out there, having fought countless wars against aggressors and oppressors and crushing them under their military might.

And I find this all so incredibly ironic I can't help but smile every time I think of it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:03 pm

Not really.

A recurring theme of the "head" characters (the original one is MIA, disappeared after an attack on the Galactic Capital ; the second one is still alive) for this Empire is basically that they have on their consciousness the death of hundreds of billions of people, but that "If I had to do it again it would be without hesitation".

It's not that they revel in being monsters, just that they have accepted their true nature and try to put it to use for a greater good - the survival of their kind and the vision of the one they follow.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Also, "God" has a tangible existence in that Universe, and they are in open rebellion against it, considering IT is the one which has caused the previous Apocalypse which forced the exodus out the first galaxy to the second, with only 800 billion of the Federation's 2,500 billion citizens succeeding in rejoining the new galaxy ; the others erased from existence with the first galaxy.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:It's not that they revel in being monsters, just that they have accepted their true nature and try to put it to use for a greater good - the survival of their kind and the vision of the one they follow.
It get easier to understand when you know that before becoming mercenaries, centuries ago, the guys were settlers from a glorious and mighty federation, and when they got stranded in an hostile land, cut from it, the only way they had to durably survive was to sell their martial aptitudes (they were all veterans of that mighty Federation's armed forces) to the locals.

And they spent the last several centuries like that, going from one battlefield to another, never knowing peace, feeding from the slaughter.

As the first main character put it : "Hell would have been a preferable fate."

Basically, they're kind of trying to find redemption.

Somewhat.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:23 pm

swicked wrote:Is it really all that ironic for the least moral people to be those entirely self-serving?
Or is it just sad? XP
Also, it's not that they are amoral, but that their moral code has been influenced by their experiences.

they don't care if you destroy thousands of their ships - they have no hesitation launching nukes on their own positions if this can bring them victory ;

but start targeting civilians and they will rip you a new one.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next