Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+11
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
Frost
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Valikdu
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Scienza
15 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:02 am

@Frost:

Related video
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:24 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:@Frost:

Related video
A'ight, that actually looks completely awesome. I'm no expert, but that looks like one of the more reasonable designs I've ever seen for a personal flying vehicle, with an overall emphasis on minimalism rather than the weirdo bashed-together plane-and-car thing that a lot of other designs have going on.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:29 am

Hey, I've found a Game of Thrones Season 6 trailer.

Spoiler:

Jokes aside, I've just caught up on the show. Um... I'm not even sure wat. I didn't really pay attention when reading the 5th book years ago (and some things even weren't in the books yet, apparently), so I was... surprised at some things.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:26 pm

At this point is isn't even vaporware anymore

it's aetherware

TL;DR: "Half-Life 3 is most probably never going to come out, and there's why"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:16 pm

Frost wrote:Despite my initial expectations,
Andromeda doesn't look all that bad:
More Info

While I'd normally advise letting sleeping dogs lie and coming up with a new IP (especially if it's moving settings entirely) the Mass Effect universe still has a shitton of potential and, given how good the bulk of the content was, it's going to be a good thing to not let the end of 3 be the series' legacy.

Also, 
From the makers of Life Is Strange, oddly enough:

More info

I can't even hold my hype.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Scienza wrote:
Frost wrote:Despite my initial expectations,
Andromeda doesn't look all that bad:
More Info

While I'd normally advise letting sleeping dogs lie and coming up with a new IP (especially if it's moving settings entirely) the Mass Effect universe still has a shitton of potential and, given how good the bulk of the content was, it's going to be a good thing to not let the end of 3 be the series' legacy.

Also, 
From the makers of Life Is Strange, oddly enough:

More info

I can't even hold my hype.

Am I the only one who thinks Life is Strange is kinda boring? It's mostly highschool drama, yeah there's time control powers but you use them to relive the highschool drama.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Yes. You are literally the only one.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:42 am

Watched the BoJack Horseman Netflix show thing. It's really not all that funny, almost ever, but it works. It works very well. Mostly when it abandons all attempts at humor and just sort of stabs the characters in the heart a whole lot. Which is pretty much the entire last half of the first season and almost all the second season.

I'm not gonna lie, a not-insignificant portion of the setup for the show (i.e., the early episodes) is shitty Family Guy-style humor, but once it gets that out of its system it's incredibly depressing. Mind you, I think the funny bits are important to the show, because it sort of reinforces the weird, alien unreality of the Hollywood setting, and the characters being unfunny (and talking about comedy) is also kind of a theme. I'd give it a watch if you're into watching meta stuff about the entertainment business. And, y'know, if you don't hate animation and/or the people-animals conceit. It gives rise to at least one scenario straight out of Transmetropolitan, which IMO alone makes it a worthwhile choice.

@HL3
IIRC the problem with Valve is that they hate releasing games that don't in some way do something new and crazy - that still the reason? And then, that we've hit peak newness for things like first-person shooters, that no new leaps in tech or innovations in gameplay are just around the corner which would be amazing enough to justify Half-Life 3? Not to mention that the non-plot for the games isn't really as... allowed, anymore, in a video game. I mean, Mass Effect 3's ending sucked, and in retrospect the story had some real issues, but it at least made a story from game one to game three. Half-Life has been a make-it-up-as-you-go affair. *watches the video* Well, that also makes some sense. :P Odd that we both went to Mass Effect 3; then again, I kind of feel like that franchise is going to be one of the more retrospectively important ones, in terms of gaming culture, so, not really all that shocking. Anyway. So Valve's doing a Salinger - makes some sense. I mean, they've always had a weird relationship with fans, they're a tiny company making an obscene amount of money, they've been essentially keeping the PC as a viable platform singehandedly for a long time... why sabotage that? Even if it's a passion project for people there, nobody has only just one passion project on the backburner. It's a shame, but I feel like, more than ME3, there's a real possibility of a Duke Nukem scenario. They don't just need to make an excellent first-person shooter and adventure, not after HL2 - it's gotta be revelatory and shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:03 am

You need to know this stuff. It's important.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:09 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:At this point is isn't even vaporware anymore

it's aetherware

TL;DR: "Half-Life 3 is most probably never going to come out, and there's why"
Adam Kovic, Bruce Green, and Lawrence Sonntag are discussing why HL3 will never come out.

3 men are discussing it.

Half-Life 3 confirmed.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:06 pm

I wonder what happened to Cheyenne Mountain in Fallout.

I mean, if you go by Fallout Tactics, it was turned into Vault 0 and was home to the Calculator.

If you go by Van Buren (the initial, scraped plan for Fallout 3), it was turned into a giant, radioactive crater, home to a large population of (glowing) ghouls.

Given none of these two games are canon, though, we still don't know what actually happened to the place.

We could, I suppose, take inspiration from what we see in The Divide. But the interesting thing is, while the place got nuked during the War; its current state as of New Vegas (completely torn up upside down), as I understand it, is the result of the Courier inadvertently detonating almost all of the still-in-their-silos nuclear warheads - the dozens upon dozens of underground nuclear detonations doing the work of completely shaking up the place.

Which mean that otherwise a major nuclear target was still left relatively intact after sustaining the Chinese nuclear attacks during the Holocaust.

Which leads one to believe that NORAD, especially after (possibly) having been reinforced like crazy during the War in preparation for expected nuclear exchange, has a non-negligible chance of having survived.

My theory would be that the survivors went up to become part of the Enclave, if they weren't already members in the first place. See: Raven Rocks. Which by the way would explain why the soon-to-become Brotherhood of Steel and many other military units were left to collapse, left without any kind of leadership shortly before and after the Holocaust [1], as the upper echelons of the US military got evacuated to the Enclave's oil rig.

Which then begs the question of what happened to NORAD after the War.

Was is still usable, or did the nuclear bombardment render the place unusable? If it was still usable, in what measure? How did the Enclave use it?

What happened to it after the Fall of the Enclave? Is there still Enclave remnants there, in the same way the East-Coast Enclave coagulated around Raven Rock after the events of Fallout 2?

[1]:
Fallout Wiki wrote:Maxson, now in control of the base, declared his desertion from the United States Army via radio on October 20. To his confusion, he received no response from the chain-of-command, as the U.S. Army was currently focused on escalating conflicts with the Chinese. Three days later on October 23, both nations launched their entire nuclear arsenals
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Brotherhood_of_Steel
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:46 pm

@ neuroatypical people and socially awkward people in general:

https://tone-analyzer-demo.mybluemix.net/

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Tumblr_nrycir7CvC1qkvbwso1_500
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:12 pm

Interesting; thanks for the link.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:18 pm

Be polite, be efficient, and watch things spiral out of control
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:56 am

tfw trying to score a lucina:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:33 am

IT'S HAPPENING
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:58 am

So we're building stuff which we have no idea the fundamental underlying principles of, in order to reach out into a desolate and empty universe?

Nothing bad can come of this:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 pm

@Frost
Yay, now the documentary-slash-remake version can fix the ending!

quick edit: speaking of new tech... Not as exciting as EM drive, but still neat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:12 am

Speaking of endings, it's past eleven here, and the ending of Life Is Strange's latest episoe had me barely restraining my cries of "ooooooh, shit".

Shit has gotten so real it has transcended reality to a new plane where all there is is shit, and that shit's self-actualization is a statement of its own realness.

The fan has been buried under piles upon piles of assorted bodily effluvia to the point of non-function.

Like, Goddamn, son.

just

goddamn
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:11 am

So, is it good?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:42 am

Shit's like High School AU Game of Thrones at this fucking point.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:47 am

Not sure if I should mark this as a positive or a negative :v
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm

Pretty fuckin' great, if somewhat frustrating since shit seems to keep getting more fucked up no matter how much I do everything right and save everyone.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Kind of like an Ancient Greek Drama?

"You can't fight Fate." and all that?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:29 pm

Well, much of the first half of the episode is you un-fucking the results of what happened when you fought fate; and the climax of a previous episode, and of this one, came about because of your disabled ability to fight fate. It's starting to be a Dr. Manhattan sort of theme, almost--a puppet who can see the strings.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:39 pm

Have some fuckin' Murica
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:54 am

How to map

A tutorial on how to make a fantasy-looking map. The lessons learned can be used for other styles, too.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:31 am

Harebrained Schemes will make a BattleTech game next.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:43 am

Valikdu wrote:Harebrained Schemes will make a BattleTech game next.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2
Sweet. I haven't had any experience with BattleTech, but I'm incredibly hyped for Hong Kong so more HBS is fantabulous.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:49 am

Good Guy Schizophrenia
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next