Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+11
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
Frost
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Valikdu
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Scienza
15 posters

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 18 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:35 am

I saw Pixels. 10/10 GOTY.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 18 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:01 am

Also, for any Kill La Kill fans, I found some pretty solid NSFW art. I'll PM on request
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:20 am

Derek Dumb has launched some kind of a campaign against Star Citizen. Funny.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:07 am

What. Why?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:17 am

SC might actually deliver all those features he'd been advertising for Battlecruiser since the 90's and failed at, multiple times.

He jelly. He real jelly.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:52 pm

Fallout Lulz:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:00 pm

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:51 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 18 19918_10153489007057866_2268781393996664118_n
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:14 am

The local "outrage" surrounding Cecil's death
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:10 am

Did a quick google search and while it does seem to vary on lower end of lion life spans (seeing anywhere from 10-14) most places seem to agree in the wild lions on average live to 15.

Cecil if the article is correct was 13 when he was killed. Would have to look more into it but I have to wonder if it's common for an animal that old to breed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:24 am

I doubt it; and he already had several children--the biggest risk to them was other lions killing them when they took Cecil's place as top cat (which would imply that the biggest enemy to lions in the wild is just lions being dumbasses) but now their uncle's protecting them.

As always, Duffelblog offers another perspective
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:50 pm

Finished Dragonfall Director's Cut. That was... awesome.

Went to look for fanart. There's... depressingly few art pieces of SR:DF. And there's not even a single ponified art, believe it or not.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:16 pm

I got sick of my internet being slow as a very slow thing. Tried fucking around with the router, all that stuff - nothing worked. Checked my wireless adapter's driver. It was from 2011. Windows maintained that this was the most up-to-date version. I installed a new driver from some Czech website after some searching. Now everything works much better.

I guess the moral of the story is that Eastern Europe is still more trustworthy than Microsoft?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Frost wrote:

Definitely puts it in perspective.

I wonder exactly what people are pissed about, conservation? Like the article you posted mentioned yesterday Cecil was up in age.

If it's outrage over killing animals in general then I find it hard to believe there are that many vegans. What I mean is ethically is there really that big a difference from a pig going to a slaughterhouse versus a hunter taking a deer out with a bow? There are programs in a lot of states where people donate carcasses to organizations that use them to feed people who couldn't otherwise afford food.

Or is it simply trophy hunting that is the issue? Because Zimbabwe got 50,000 dollars in exchange for an elderly lion. Can't say what the money will be used for but hopefully it will help someone there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:04 pm

People keep talking about the local 'beloved' lion, but lions attack like 600 people a fucking year. The article I linked mentioned that the locals aren't exactly fond of lions, and the world at large didn't care about him until he played Darwin Roulette and lost. I'm inclined to think that they saw a white man who used his wealth (that he made in the medical profession improving people's lives, mind you) to pursue a hobby and the "but muh privilege!" reflex kicked in.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:50 pm

Well I just saw Madoka Magica Rebellion. That was quite possibly the most trippy movie I've seen. And I loved it. Twilight crazy
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:50 am

swicked wrote:
Last wrote:
Frost wrote:

Definitely puts it in perspective.

I wonder exactly what people are pissed about, conservation? Like the article you posted mentioned yesterday Cecil was up in age.
Was the hunter specifically aiming to kill an elderly lion?
I thought lions were endangered and that you weren't supposed to hunt them at all.
But it's no excuse for a big uproar, in any case.

The article Frost posted says that the man paid 50,000 dollars in permits, so I assume the hunt was legal if that's what you're asking. Unless he bought permits for a different animal* or from someone not associated with whatever Zimbabwe's version of the department of fish and wildlife is.

As far as looking for elderly lions I heard the guides are supposed to do that, wish I knew more I can only speculate. If I had to guess the price of the permit probably reflects how few are issued, which I think speaks for their efforts to conserve the creatures. If the guides are agents of the department of fish and wildlife then I'd guess they do attempt to find the elderly lions.

But of course that's all just me guessing.

*Heard that could be the case but I only heard it from one source. The source also suggested it was the guide's fault.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:21 am

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/cecil-the-lion-knee-jerk-reaction-may-hurt-wildlife-zimbabwe-guide-n402926

Well shit, the hunt might have been illegal. Still looking through articles to verify. (specifically ignoring ones that say "Death of beloved lion" they obviously seem to be pandering for the click dollar) Though to be fair I doubt the social media outrage has anything to do with the legality of the hunt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:26 am

Lions aren't categorized as 'Endangered' yet; and certainly weren't at the time of the hunt. The main issue was that he thought the hunt was legal, unaware that the lion had wandered off a game reserve. Apparently, if anyone, his locally-hired guide was at fault. But he's not an Evil Rich White Man, so you can't blame him.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:26 am

Well, the office building in working in is undergoing a power outage, the interior rooms look straight out of a horror movie, good thing the room I'm in has a window.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:34 pm

What remains of the legal issues is that the lion was from a reservation, but was shot while it was off the reservation. Palmer's story is that he didn't know it was from a reservation and many say Cecil just wandered off, while others say Palmer baited him off (which, if he were going to do, I doubt he'd pay $50,000 for)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:14 pm

Romantic beyond belief:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:17 pm

swicked wrote:Yeah, and doubtless that kind of question arises every time something's killed anywhere near a reservation.

You'd think $50,000 could cover some kinda "hunter's insurance". Much like buying insurance from the rental car place allows you to move on hassle-free if you get in an accident while the dealer handles the legal issues, there should be an insurance to protect such big game hunters should Greenpeace or whatever catch word and raise a stink.

This potential legal situation is easily forseable so there should be a way to streamline it or forgo it entirely.
I'd have to look into it more, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case--by all appearances, this is at worst an unfortunate mistake that Palmer and US/Zimbabwean authorities could have smoothed out with the worst case being a fine or probation, possible prohibition from returning to Zimbabwe (with likely leniency from the fact that it's a mistake).

But now the court of public opinion has their filthy, cavity-ridden teeth on it and they'd like to condemn without evidence and without due process. Because everyone likes law and order until it gets in the way of what they want.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:41 pm

Poor choice of words, then--my point being the hypocrisy of it all.

They hate cops, but nine times of ten are the first ones to call or threaten to call the cops when things don't go their way.

They hate and deeply mistrust the politicians that they, themselves, voted into office.

They hate lawyers until someone offends them slightly, then they'll threaten to sue.

The crowd calling for Palmer to be ostracized, brutalized, or simply harshly punished for his actions are essentially spoiled children, looking for their chance to appear superior by condemning someone else--you'll note that there's hardly an outcry when 550--700 per year are attacked by lions, but now one of those poor, cute widdle kitty cats is dead, so there should be an uproar.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:38 pm

HOLY SHIT, SLAYER'S COMING HERE

...on December. Well, something to look forward to.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:12 pm

swicked wrote:Good points on most of that, less so with the polititians. We only barely elect for most federal positions. State governments, though... yeah.

In any case, you raise an interesting point. Lions attack humans. Why haven't we just killed them all? What value do the things bring to the world?
It's kinda one of those arguments of pragmatism vs... what, romantacism? Whatever causes us to still fund the arts (and sports?) when the same money could be used to research medicine and destroy our enemies.
Because, despite the environment improving steadily since the 1970's (when environmentalism and conservation really took off) people are still of this conception that the world will be utterly destroyed if the South Chilean Dung Beetle went extinct.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:37 pm

Or, since Lion King sans lions would simply be The King, the lions are all superimposed with Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, and historical kings from Vlad the Impaler to Alexander the Great
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Frost wrote:What remains of the legal issues is that the lion was from a reservation, but was shot while it was off the reservation. Palmer's story is that he didn't know it was from a reservation and many say Cecil just wandered off, while others say Palmer baited him off (which, if he were going to do, I doubt he'd pay $50,000 for)

Getting conflicting reports myself. Some people are saying luring a lion off is illegal and shooting a collared lion is illegal. While others are saying that's simply not the case and the issue is that Palmer was told by the guides he hired that they had permits when they simply did not.

At least on the collaring issue I'm inclined to believe it's untrue. While it's not the freshest in my memory I remember watching a show years ago in which a hunter shot a bear and simply cut off the collar, while the people studying the bear were upset they only seemed to wish the collar had been returned to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:16 pm

@Last: the former scenario is what I've been hearing is Palmer's testimony as well--if it proves to be the case, then I'd imagine he wouldn't be subject to very heavy penalty (perhaps some fines). In any event, he's already contacted the (US) authorities. 

@Swick: This is turning into Marry, Fuck, Kill; Celebrity Edition.

Mufasa: Alexander the Great

Scar: Michael Jackson

Simba: Elvis

Nala: Vlad the Impaler

Now all that's left is to try and get the picture of Elvis and Dracula fucking out of your head.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:27 pm

@Valikdu
Niiiiice. Only shame is that you're not getting Kvelertak and Anthrax, too, if my research is accurate (they're touring together but Slayer has a few solo shows or something).

@swicked/Frost
Which one was hotter, Alexander the Great or Vlad the Impaler? 'Cuz, like, if we're watching incest no matter what, I'd rather not see Elvis or Michael Jackson incest. Also, my understanding is that for European royalty this was already almost the norm, so at least it wouldn't be too weird for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next