Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+11
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
Frost
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Valikdu
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Scienza
15 posters

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:39 am

Any system requirements released yet?  I don't suppose that they're actually considering a native Mac version?  My wrapper for NV still isn't working...
Though I'm not sure my hardware would be up to this, anyway.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:54 am

WANT IT NEED IT

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/15/fallout-4-collectors-edition-includes-real-pip-boy/
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:35 am

I can't count how many times I said something to the effect of "I be happy with Skyrim or Oblivion-level armor options, but I'd really like some more depth to it. I don't expect anything on that level, though."

Lo and behold, we have, well, anything on that level
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:07 am

I really need to watch the Fo4 panel in its entirety as soon as I can.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:35 am

it's good to be back:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:00 pm

Just watched the 16 minute long video of Fallout 4 gameplay...

If I was still able to have emotions I'd be crying with happiness right now.

This is literally the kind of Fallout I've always wanted to play.

[fangirling intensifies]

Seriously, this is the fucking shit.

I mean, they even integrated the old "building your own base / community" idea that's been in the fandom long before Fallout 3 was announced by Bethesda.

I swear to fucking god if they manage to fuck this one up.......
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:53 pm

Oh, look, in-depth gun and armor customization to give your player a unique look and style (rather than taking others' armor and custom weapons as in previous titles)

....and in-depth customization for Power Armor, to include a jet pack. My penis is so hard I could kill Commies with it
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:01 pm

@Frost
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_npyvfyLkmM1s8vxig_500
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Katarn wrote:@Frost
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_npyvfyLkmM1s8vxig_500
I realize two things.

1. I still haven't heard if they're going to do the skyrim leveling up, but I don't care at this point.

2. Frost does remind me of Krieger.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:01 pm

So, if we're to be a man/woman alive in pre-war times that's still around 200 years later, we're either cryo-frozen or a cyborg/android/clone replica. And, by God, if I can't do at least one run through playing my soulless mechanical homunculus as exactly what it is, this game is gonna be bullshit
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Fallout fic idea based on 4 speculation:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:01 pm

*Cares about nothing from this conference except for Forza 6*

*Oh, and Xbone/360 backwards compatibility*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:04 pm

I wonder how many fics would inspire Fo 4, including based on FoE ones...
Also. Looks like mods used on pc can be 'shared' for Xbone (for now Fallout 4 only).
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Also, weapons condition seems to have been removed, from what I can tell by still images. It seems Skyrim helped them realize that the condition factor of weapons adds nothing and only serves to bog down gameplay and be annoying--instead, you can turn trash and miscellaneous items into crafting material for your custom suit of power armor and your house/defenses/base (which appears to be that gas station with your power armor in it.)

Some would argue that they're stepping away from their roots and emulating other modern shooters in order for mass appeal--I'd argue that mass appeal would be a bonus as a result of going in depth and refining features to get the best of all possible gameplay styles

EDIT: Also, hopefully they expand the depth of the melee, explosives, and unarmed skillsets the way they are the Guns and Energy Weapons. New Vegas, like with Weapon Mods, was a step in the right direction with its addition of a good number of unarmed moves and perks and melee special moves, but if I'm going to build a swordsman or martial artist who can take on armed raider bands and win, I want to be...well, a damn swordsman or martial artist; not some asshole who runs around swinging and wins because my numbers are bigger
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:09 pm

And I've finally managed to get a few minutes off work to watch the gameplay footage.

And the Hype is making my heart explode.

Even beyond the possibility to make a semi-pacifist/peaceful character focusing on building (which is great for certain playthroughs where you don't want to just be a super-'splodey action hero).....you can also be the superest, 'splodiest actionest hero(est) I've ever fucking seen. Hella deep modification (as in, the "50" guns are more like several thousand) and absolutely amazing-looking enemies and a fully-voiced protagonist....just fucking knock me out. Put me in a goddamn coma until November.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:57 pm

I, too, am cautiously optimistic about Fallout 4. Still waiting on whether or not paid modding ends up the norm, still waiting on whether or not I have a computer that can run it in November... but if what's been shown is anything to go by, it's looking really good. Feels like they took cues from Mass Effect in a lot of places, and that's not a bad thing.

Other things: had a dentist poke at my mouth with metal hooks, as they do. Not the highlight of the day. On the other hand, watched all of Rick and Morty so I could understand my friends when they talked about it. Any show that uses "Cronenberg" as a word gets my approval. As in "Boy Morty, I really Cronenberged the world up, didn't I? We got a whole planet of Cronenbergs walking around down there, Morty."

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:55 am

The presenter mentioned that it's optional. I presume all sorts of quest-options and benefits will come about from having a functioning settlement, though. 

Given that Skyrim gave a good number more sandboxy features than its predecessors in either franchise and added more later without really sacrificing the story for it, I remain fairly optimistic about it. 

In other news, the old rivals are wavin' their dicks at each other
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:14 am

Didn't notice any unarmed weapons. Hope they weren't abandoned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:51 am

Considering that  grenades are now their own weapon slot and there's the option of quick-melee (muzzle-thumping, ect) in addition to dedicated melee weapons (like the saw-bat) I could see power fists and other glove-type weapons being used to supplement or replace quick-melee in addition to unarmed fighting being its own style
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:59 am

Not hyped for Fo4. I mean, it's guaranteed to be not as good in the RPG sense as NV. Maybe if the next game is outsourced to Obsidian again...

That Doom 4 though.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:36 am

Much like the customization in the new Fallout, Skyrim gave a lot of options with its refined enchanting system.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:43 am

Though compared to oblivion enchanting system was weak. And they removed spellcrafting!
I could create a spell, that would cost me all of my mana, but deal 400 all elemental damage, soul tap and drain health, mana, stamina.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:13 am

I, of course, mean "refined" in the sense of "not fucking broken", as everyone and their grandmother had ways of turning the spell rafting and enchanting systems to ludicrously broken ends (read: an iron dagger that can kill Mehrunes Dagon, which isn't supposed to be possible
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:22 am

You mean this ?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:27 am

@Katarn et al.
As with all things, though, the Skyrim enchants system was vastly improved with certain mods. I did miss spellcrafting, though I would point to Skyrim's default magic system as being reasonably strong. It wasn't innovative, and some of the flavor from earlier titles was lost, but the dualcasting stuff, charge time, spellshields, and the runes/beams were nice to have. They fit in well with the lower fantasy aesthetic Beth was going for in Skyrim - magic became more kinetic and reactive. I'm not saying it really worked, because most fights ended up just being fireball or lightning bolt spam slugfests in my experience, but the system was there for modders to expand on. Custom spells I'd have liked to see in some form, but they could have been a lot more gamebreaking. Maybe as a top-tier alteration perk? (I miss Mysticism.)

Other things Skyrim added:
-a third-person mode that was significantly more functional than all other third-person modes.
-Velociraptor Argonians.
-A few features from Morrowind (crossbows, werewolves).
-Dynamic entrances to dungeons.
-A few features from Oblivion mods (semi-dynamic combat, killmoves, shield/bow bashes, mounted combat [sucked in both the mod and Skyrim], probably more but I forget).
-Better dialogue system, sort of.
-More defined faces - even if they still did end up kind of same-y.
-Dragons as semirandom overworld miniboss encounters.
-Two very good expansions.

There's probably more, but I'm definitely in the camp that thinks Skyrim lost a bit more than it gained compared to Oblivion. I really enjoy both, but I do think overall Skyrim was more of a step sideways than forwards for the Elder Scrolls. Fallout 4, based on what we've seen, looks to be more of a step forwards. (But Bethesda has a history of really good presentations that don't always reflect the rest of the game - I still remember Vilverin, the first dungeon you come across in Oblivion, having waaay more content than almost any other dungeon in the game.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:53 pm

fallout 4 saucy:
I think many people wait for mods for fallout 4 just as they wait for fallout 4 itself.

bonus fluttershy:
Source.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:34 pm

A joke about the new Mass Effect, use it while it's not completely stale:

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:04 pm

GUESS WHO'S GOING TO GET A PIPBOY???

THAT'S RIGHT, IT'S ME!!
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:41 pm

I claim to be above such things, but I'll inevitably get the IOS app
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:46 pm

I wonder if it would work on my old Ipod touch 3g.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next