Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+11
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
Frost
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Valikdu
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Scienza
15 posters

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:47 pm

though a minor nitpick on the colors... everything looks as if they had been neatly abandoned only 30-50 years ago (see: Chernobyl / Pripyat)), and not as if there had been a thermonuclear war over two centuries ago and it had been left to rot since then.

I mean, compare the state of the house shown to the usual state of the houses in New Vegas - and these were sparred from actual atomic detonations, only Black Mountain and maybe a few other targets far out Vegas being hit.

So it begs the question... Is Fallout 4 actually chronologically a Prequel? I highly doubt it as we see vertibirds being used by people other than the Enclave.

UNLESS the Institute is the proprietor of these birds (and not the Brotherhood of Steel post-Broken Steel), and has had the resources to (re)build and maintain them in the wake of the Holocaust.

A prequel could be interesting. Like, maybe set it between Fallout 1 and 2. It'd make for a good explanation for why things looks like a little bit less run down, and you could have a somewhat explainable reason to have the Enclave involved if you really wanted to (though I would hope not as the main antagonist, maybe more in the same way the Institute was mentioned / involved during Fallout 3).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:54 pm

Considering that New Vegas features several functioning societies and a massive city, all with (limited) manufacturing capability, I think the color palette and more densely-populated cities (by the looks of things) simply reflect that, in small, isolated corners, humanity is finally starting to get back on its feet (particularly considering that the Boston area was referred to in 3 as "The Commonwealth" and home to "The Institute" and was building and experimenting with tech that dwarfed even Pre-War stuff, it's likely that some areas (like the town we get a brief glimpse of) are better off even than Vegas
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:00 pm

Combo breaker.

A STRANGER I REMAAAAAA:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Cool chryssi design.

I'll just note that the original Mistral doesn't even arms of her own, actually. IIRC, even when she only has two arms, they're dwarf-gecko arms as well.

At the very least, she's a double-amputee.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:40 pm

Anyway, re Fallout 4 trailer:

I quite like the updated / modernized design, among them the new look of vault doors (or at least of Vault 111's).

The new protectron also looks nice.

I only hope the story will be better than 3's...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:42 pm

I think they're all at least from-the-neck-down-amputees, and probably just brains.

Although the game is pretty inconsistent. Like how Raiden losing an eye is a big deal, which would imply that his head is organic, but then he can headbutt Mr. Nanomachines and not have his head pulverized instantly, which would imply that it's synthetic.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Valikdu wrote:I think they're all at least from-the-neck-down-amputees, and probably just brains.

Although the game is pretty inconsistent. Like how Raiden losing an eye is a big deal, which would imply that his head is organic, but then he can headbutt Mr. Nanomachines and not have his head pulverized instantly, which would imply that it's synthetic.
Has the Metal Gear franchise ever had any consistency or made any sense? (note, I'm still stuck on the first Metal Gear Solid)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Stringtheory wrote:Has the Metal Gear franchise ever had any consistency or made any sense? (note, I'm still stuck on the first Metal Gear Solid)

I've done some research. My answer goes like this:

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:50 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:Has the Metal Gear franchise ever had any consistency or made any sense? (note, I'm still stuck on the first Metal Gear Solid)

Spoiler:
That's exactly the answer I was expecting. Applebloom
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:19 pm

@Fallout 4

Here's hoping I can still punch deathclaws to death.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:21 pm

I finally got my desktop set up and I can stream from my Xbox.

It is good day. Dash clapping
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:26 pm

RoboRed wrote:I finally got my desktop set up and I can stream from my Xbox.

It is good day. Dash clapping
Why would you ever want to stream from a Xbox? Scootaloo
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:55 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Forza_Motorsport_4_cover

That's why.

Also plan to do the same from Xbox One with Forza 6 once I get it.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:04 pm

Stringtheory wrote:
Valikdu wrote:

Spoiler:
That's exactly the answer I was expecting. Applebloom

Can't speak for the franchise as I've only played two games and a demo ( MGS3, Peacewalker and Ground Zeroes) but from what I have played it seems the stories work well enough on their own. But then again I might just really like The Boss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:44 pm

the most important thing:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

AW SHIT HYPE
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:59 pm

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:05 pm

To paraphrase a post I saw somewhere:

Fallout 3: Too green

Fallout New Vegas: Too orange

Fallout 4: TASTE THE MOTHERFUCKING RAINBOW!!
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:55 pm

About Fo4, if the Player Character has to have a voice, I really want them to have several different voices per gender.

Also, better avatar customization options than what was available in the two previous games (example: changing the color of set of armors / clothings, or putting logos / emblems on them; tatoos; etc.).

Basically, I want the same kind or even better avatar customization than in the Saints Row series.

"It is a burden to be so magnifique"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:02 pm

@VA
I think it might be more like in Mass Effect. Too many text to voice. Might be 'bit' expensive. But who knows. We'll see, when it'll came out.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:16 pm

#Intolerance:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:About Fo4, if the Player Character has to have a voice, I really want them to have several different voices per gender.

Also, better avatar customization options than what was available in the two previous games (example: changing the color of set of armors / clothings, or putting logos / emblems on them; tatoos; etc.).

Basically, I want the same kind or even better avatar customization than in the Saints Row series.

"It is a burden to be so magnifique"

Skyrim isn't the freshest in my mind. Can't really remember how in depth customization is there. But you'll probably be disappointed. Saints row is a third person (I know fallout and elder scrolls can be played in the third person as well but it's not as good) game in which clothing doesn't matter.

To the best of my memory none of it offers you anything in the way of protection or other statistical advantages.

There's isn't much reason to give you tons of customization options when A) You'll be spending most of the game in the first person and B) you cover the character head to toe in armor anyway.

If anything I hope they get rid of that god awful hacking minigame.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:13 pm

Last wrote:
There's isn't much reason to give you tons of customization options when A) You'll be spending most of the game in the first person and B) you cover the character head to toe in armor anyway.
As someonw who always has to install a shitton of player mods in every Bethesda game,  I disagree.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:37 pm

Can't argue against how you play the game, but I know I spent the majority of the game in first person and did not see my character very often past the initial creation. If they decide to spend the effort elsewhere I certainly won't be bothered by it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:44 pm

@3rd versus 1st person
I definitely used 3rd person mode a lot more in Skyrim than the other Bethesda games - the camera actually sort of worked for it in that one, sort of, vaguely, and the character customization (especially with mods) made it worth it. Fallout 3 and NV, though, not so much. We'll see with 4, I guess.

I will say that there was a mod for Oblivion that added some neat voiceover lines for the character on doing stuff. Not sure which one it was, but basically I was doing a leaping sneak attack decapitation thing and my Argonian DB assassin shouted "Night Mother grant me strength!" or something and I was like "Rad." If stuff like that happened every once in a while, that would be neat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:24 pm

Valikdu wrote:
I loved that, but ever since I've been kind of wondering what hilarious stage-setting notes we've been missing in the final product of other episodes.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:02 pm

This is fucking beautiful.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:27 pm

The Air Force guys don't want to admit that they just stumbled over the picture while they were on Facebook instead of doing their actual jobs
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Actually, I know for a fact there are people who are paid to spend their days on the social networks.

It's called PR.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Friendship is Manly, Episode 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoOW1Vvl2oU
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next