Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Aonee
CamoBadger
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
Kippershy
Admiral Stoic Rum
Ironmonger
Tytan
Moodyman90
Scyto Harmony
cb5
Kattlarv
Katarn
Valikdu
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Scienza
Penby
25 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by iLateralGX Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:33 am

cb5 wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:I guess I could take off all my clothes and take on deathclaws with just a 9mm for enhanced difficulty. Actually, that sounds pretty fun.
I have done something like that before, though it was a giant supermutant in fallout 3.  My brother kept telling me I couldn't kill it with the gun and sure proved him wrong.
If you did it while drunk you are my hero. Also yelling at him the entire time in an extremely heavy Irish accent.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:47 am

iLateralGX wrote:
cb5 wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:I guess I could take off all my clothes and take on deathclaws with just a 9mm for enhanced difficulty. Actually, that sounds pretty fun.
I have done something like that before, though it was a giant supermutant in fallout 3.  My brother kept telling me I couldn't kill it with the gun and sure proved him wrong.
If you did it while drunk you are my hero. Also yelling at him the entire time in an extremely heavy Irish accent.
That was back when the game first came out and I was only 18.  It would double funny cause I was only level 2 when I ran into it.

He kept going, "Oh man you're so dead.  You should just give up cause you're so dead."

*begins singing
All around the wastelands the mutant chased the wastelander.
The mutant thought it was all in fun,
POP goes the mutant.

The mother deathclaw on the other hand, phew that's hard to kill cause they're so fast and in a group.  You have to kite each individual one by one and kill them individually before taking on anymore.  It's not impossible to do, you just have to do a lot of running.

Killing a giant supermutant with a 9mm is only mildly impressive, killing the mother deathclaw with a 9mm now THAT'S impressive.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:03 am

@DayZ Honestly I think the game's lazy. It relies heavily on the player to make the game entertaining which isn't automatically bad. I mean Terraria and minecraft both do it. That being said however I think both those games have more interesting elements. Minecraft has it's creativity and well I never personally played terraria but it looks more interesting then Zombies and Griefers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:08 am

Last wrote:Zombies and Griefers.
Zombies and Friendly in Che---

Spoiler:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:09 am

Dunno if anyone else picked up on/posted this
http://thesurvivor2299.com/
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:10 am

Few pages back, Kipp. We even had speculation about location.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:51 am

I've seen some peeps calling it a hoax hosted in Poland.
http://www.iplocationfinder.com/thesurvivor2299.com
Baltimore, Maryland is what this says. Where Bethesda is approximately, IIRC.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:19 am

I think Bethesda is in Bethesda, Maryland...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:51 am

According to their website Bethesda Studios is in Rockville, Maryland. Just north of Washington, D.C.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:20 am

Baltimore is the largest city in the state, and is rather close to Rockville. It makes sense that the servers would be hosted there.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:23 am

@Nuclear Waste Disposal
This seems like one of those situations in which having a democracy is less than ideal - having to get stuff done that people are squeamish about ends up with NIMBY not only for the waste and power plants, but for the situation itself - no elected official wants to be the one dealing with it and eating that kind of backlash.

@Fallout 4
Yes, please. Like everyone else, though, I am REALLY hoping for a new engine. Not just an updated version of the old engine like they did with Skyrim (while pretending it was new), but an actual honest-to-god new engine. The only reason I'd be at all concerned about that is mod support. EDIT: Also there's a countdown on that site now I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:12 am

Oops thought you were talking about thelocation of the studio not the servers. Seems I was wrong in any case.

Hasn't bethesda been supportive of the modding community? Offering tools and the like? Not sure there is a reason to be concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:27 am

Last wrote:Oops thought you were talking about thelocation of the studio not the servers. Seems I was wrong in any case.

Hasn't bethesda been supportive of the modding community? Offering tools and the like? Not sure there is a reason to be concerned.
Oh, yes, they have, but with a totally new engine their model of "construction kit" would also have to be created anew. Which is worrying, a bit, because while I'm sure they would try to create one (or reasonably sure, at any rate), their construction kit updates tend to be two steps sideways in terms of fixing glitches and adding functionality - some stuff gets fixed, some stuff gets broken. =P

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:29 am

That's any patch for any game/program - fix 2 bugs, add 5 new.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:36 am

Oh okay, so dodgy support? Don't have a gaming PC so I don't really know any of this stuff. Shy 

All I really know is there's GECKs and stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:33 am

Argh... fuckin' League of Legends is such a goddamn chore sometimes. Hear a truth: if you are playing a carry, nobody on your team will be a tank and they will all be caught, over and over, by the enemy assassin. If you are playing a tank, nobody on your team will be doing better than 0/5/1 after the first ten minutes of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:39 am

^ That's why guys, you should play dota 2 Spike 
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:02 am

slightly saucy scytobait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:24 am

cb5 wrote:
Kattlarv wrote:Also, didn't get the bicycle one.
Professor Oak in the original pokemon games, as far as I know, would every time you try and ride a bicycle inside or anywhere other than a road would call you and tell you that you can't ride it there.  It's funny cause how would a person miles away know when the player is riding their bicycle.
Ah, I recall that one now. Derp.
And on a side note, a bit surprised my prior comment didn't get any responses. Partially expected some complaints at least xP

@EP: http://www.thelocal.se/20131114/swedens-ice-hotel-in-jukkasjarvi-kiruna-told-to-get-fire-alarms ... is it just me that feels this is a tad bit excessive? I mean, I can partially "get it", but still?

@OAC: (trend) http://jezebel.com/5900928/your-vagina-isnt-just-too-big-too-floppy-and-too-hairyits-also-too-brown Also, there is http://www.theguardian.com/society/2008/mar/25/children.news (just took random first site about it) that, and the fact some contry changed their manequins to DD in breast size, ALL of them, to better fit the country's new ideal/standard of female beauty... along with the statement "there are no such thing as inner beauty, that's just something ugly women made up to justify themselves."

@Iron: (half life) I actually just this past like... 3 months played the entire game up until now for the first time.

@Scyto: (A&W) ?

@cb5: (fallout) Fallout was never a fps to begin with though. And it's technically still not an fps, as that is not the main mechanic you play the game for.
Though, I am personally not too much a fan of the "ah, new level, now I can take another shotgun to the face, just two more levels and I can shove a grenade up my ass and survive the blast while killing everyone around me! Plus, not a fan of the "I am better at x, now I can shoot harder and make bombs explode more. This hobo's homemade moltov of 4 % alcohol? No problem, I just throw it hard enough and suddenly it explodes like a 90 % one.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:02 pm

dawwww:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Thanks to me getting sick I have once again realized how amazing Hot Chocolate tastes.

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:04 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:Thanks to me getting sick I have once again realized how amazing Hot Chocolate tastes.
Let me guess; stomach bug?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:07 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Guarddogjr wrote:Thanks to me getting sick I have once again realized how amazing Hot Chocolate tastes.
Let me guess; stomach bug?
Nope, it was a cold. I think I got it from one of the people I work with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Erumpet wrote:Anybody else getting kind of excited for the upcoming dwarf fortress update? I've kind of fallen off the dwarf fortress wagon since the summer, but this might get me back on it. I might even finally try out adventurer mode.
Terrified of the possible amount of rewriting that I'll have to do.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:38 pm

ironlulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:45 pm

RoboRed wrote:
ironlulz:
"Indeed. This nigga be trippin' greatly."

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@OAC: (trend) http://jezebel.com/5900928/your-vagina-isnt-just-too-big-too-floppy-and-too-hairyits-also-too-brown Also, there is http://www.theguardian.com/society/2008/mar/25/children.news (just took random first site about it) that, and the fact some contry changed their manequins to DD in breast size, ALL of them, to better fit the country's new ideal/standard of female beauty... along with the statement "there are no such thing as inner beauty, that's just something ugly women made up to justify themselves."
They're linking the clothes and attractiveness-- the attractiveness they picked are the famous Double-D's. "Buy this and it'll help you look like this!" Almost every ad out there has some form of it; trucks, cars, perfumes, deodorant, bodywashes, make-up, pants, shirts, hats, skateboards, the list goes on and on. It's about people looking at it and going "I want to look like that" or "I want to be able to do that" even if it's entirely impractical, and the message always conveys a sense of "Buy this and you can!" to the viewer. It's all about the money, and people willing to pay to be something they aren't tend to spend a lot of it.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:14 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:
Kattlarv wrote:@OAC: (trend) http://jezebel.com/5900928/your-vagina-isnt-just-too-big-too-floppy-and-too-hairyits-also-too-brown Also, there is http://www.theguardian.com/society/2008/mar/25/children.news (just took random first site about it) that, and the fact some contry changed their manequins to DD in breast size, ALL of them, to better fit the country's new ideal/standard of female beauty... along with the statement "there are no such thing as inner beauty, that's just something ugly women made up to justify themselves."
They're linking the clothes and attractiveness-- the attractiveness they picked are the famous Double-D's. "Buy this and it'll help you look like this!" Almost every ad out there has some form of it; trucks, cars, perfumes, deodorant, bodywashes, make-up, pants, shirts, hats, skateboards, the list goes on and on. It's about people looking at it and going "I want to look like that" or "I want to be able to do that" even if it's entirely impractical, and the message always conveys a sense of "Buy this and you can!" to the viewer. It's all about the money, and people willing to pay to be something they aren't tend to spend a lot of it.
... HOWEVER, on the other hand advertising and as a result hyperidealizing the human body is going down the shitter financially.  As someone with a advertising degree I can summarize the entire field of advertising in one sentence, "Everyone except you are idiots so treat them like idiots", when in reality the continued trend by ads to treat the customer as a all day sucker and assume that everyone is too stupid to realize what a lie is.

The reason why you don't hear about how badly the advertising industry is doomed to oblivion is that the majority of people in the advertising industry are so good as bullshitting people that they believe their own bullshit.

The reason why gender norms and societal norms are dying slowly isn't cause "ermagod the internet" or something, rather it's cause the advertising industry is so wrapped up in self rationalizing the decline in advertising as, "The internets took mah job!" that they can't see past their nose and realize that in reality the average person isn't as gullible as they think they are.

You would see the end of hyperidealization when it comes to toys, makeup, body spray and that if only the people making ads would realize that on average most people are as smart as you or even smarter and that in order for a advertisment to actually be profitable the VERY FIRST question a person needs to ask themselves is, "would I buy this product after seeing this promotion/ad?".  If the answer is no then they have utterly and completely failed at their job.

Tl:dr; In twenty years time you're never ever going to see stuff like this cause the people responsible for it come from a industry that instead of realizing that they're making products undesirable due to how they're presenting it rather than realize their own shortcomings go, "It's the internet's fault!" and in twenty years time the entire and complete industry will have collapsed completely financially.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:25 pm

I don't think it'll go to collapse, rather that they'll (hopefully) go back to presenting what the product actually does better than the competition rather than just have some hot model holding it and saying it's great.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:37 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:I don't think it'll go to collapse, rather that they'll (hopefully) go back to presenting what the product actually does better than the competition rather than just have some hot model holding it and saying it's great.
Nope, it's pretty much collapsing in on itself cause as someone in advertising they're so good at creating bullshit that they believe their own bullshit.

"Maybe we're losing money cause people don't like to be belittled and insulted?"
"Nope, totally the internet's fault"
"Maybe creating a hyperidealized form only works on people with low self esteem?"
"Nope nope, totally the internet's fault"
"Maybe saying that 'manly' men only use this product makes it so that men who don't care about acting stereotypically won't buy it?"
"Nope nope nope, totally the internet's fault"
"Maybe saying that without this makeup a woman will forever be alone won't fool women and married women and women in relationships won't buy it"
"Nope nope nope nope, don't you get it?  EVERYTHING ever is the internet's fault"
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next