Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Aonee
CamoBadger
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
Kippershy
Admiral Stoic Rum
Ironmonger
Tytan
Moodyman90
Scyto Harmony
cb5
Kattlarv
Katarn
Valikdu
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Scienza
Penby
25 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Katarn wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
Katarn wrote:US-wide Fallout game on Skyrim engine... Applebloom 

If that will be the case...I'll need new pair of pants.
It might be on a new engine considering the new console generation...hopefully one that's less buggy...
Doing the whole US would require so much development time and make the game impossibly large memory wise, so I highly doubt that unless its mostly procedurally generated.
New consoles could handle it, i guess with dynamic load/unload of locations. Point is - if they do this, will there be still same amount of details or just copy-pasted world?
Daggerfall style procedural generation?

Although... um... no. It would be the shitstorm of the decade with all the bugs.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:02 pm

cb5 wrote:
stringtheory wrote:@cb5 and Scyto: did someone say pointless internet argument?
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 *image
don't make me break out the flow chart...
I honestly don't know why Scyto is upset at me.  I never said I hate fallout.  They're okay games.
First of all, I'm not upset at you. I'm creating playful and hostile fun banter. So what I'm about to say shouldn't reflect on my normal mental state or how you think of me.

That being said...

*Clenches teeth* How do you not get this! It's not about liking Fallout, it's about liking DayZ.

Last edited by Scyto Harmony on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Valikdu wrote:Daggerfall style procedural generation?

Although... um... no. It would be the shitstorm of the decade with all the bugs.
...Yeah, that wouldn't be the brightest idea for them to do.
Scyto Harmony wrote:*Clenches teeth* How do you not get this! It's not about liking Fallout, it's about liking DayZ.
Why can't someone like dayz? Just cause you're not fps mosses in a game dishing out the ten commandments of death doesn't mean something is automatically a bad game.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Did anybody ever check into that fake NASA site that was going on about something big? Yeah it was fake but I couldn't help but wonder just what it was suppose to be about.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Did anybody ever check into that fake NASA site that was going on about something big? Yeah it was fake but I couldn't help but wonder just what it was suppose to be about.
I remember, and I don't know.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:14 pm

cb5 wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:*Clenches teeth* How do you not get this! It's not about liking Fallout, it's about liking DayZ.
Why can't someone like dayz?  Just cause you're not fps mosses in a game dishing out the ten commandments of death doesn't mean something is automatically a bad game.
You're doing too much assuming Cb, I said nothing about a FPS superiority complex.

*Points way back to the original comments* This isn't even serious, I don't hate Dayz (as much I'm playing up, at least), I'm just trying to explain this horrible mess of a argument to you.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:16 pm

After three-plus years, I've finally gotten around to resuming my trek through Half-Life 2. Holy crap, this is fun.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Why can't someone like dayz?  Just cause you're not fps mosses in a game dishing out the ten commandments of death doesn't mean something is automatically a bad game.
You're doing too much assuming Cb, I said nothing about a FPS superiority complex.

*Points way back to the original comments* This isn't even serious, I don't hate Dayz (as much I'm playing up, at least), I'm just trying to explain this horrible mess of a argument to you.
Then why are you upset that someone's personal preference is that they like one game more than another? It's like someone getting upset that someone else likes rocky road icecream more than chocolate chip.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Cool beans. Even if it's BS, it's interesting BS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:20 pm

cb5 wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:
cb5 wrote:

Then why are you upset that someone's personal preference is that they like one game more than another?  It's like someone getting upset that someone else likes rocky road icecream more than chocolate chip.
*Starts hyperventilating* 

*Points*

Scyto Harmony wrote:This isn't even serious,
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:21 pm

WOAH WOAH WOAH. Hold the fucking phone.

... Do you guys not have A&W in America?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:*Starts hyperventilating* 

*Points*

Scyto Harmony wrote:This isn't even serious,
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Sticker,375x360
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:WOAH WOAH WOAH. Hold the fucking phone.

No we have them, in America Scyto. I've eaten at a couple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:WOAH WOAH WOAH. Hold the fucking phone.

No we have them, in America Scyto. I've eaten at a couple.
Oh, Okay. Someone was telling me there weren't any because it's a Canadian Company.

Thinking back, that MAY have been an overreaction to a very mundane topic.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Yeah, pretty sure that was just an Overreaction. Because it's very much in America

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Because I haven't seen it in a while and wanted to share.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:10 pm

HURK! *barf

Yeah, I think it's official that society has gone way too fucking far in what society considers idealistic. Go home society, you're grounded until you realize what you've done.

Last edited by cb5 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:

Because I haven't seen it in a while and wanted to share.
Still a classic.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:39 pm

cb5 wrote:HURK! *barf

Yeah, I think it's official that society has gone way too fucking far in what society considers idealistic.  Go home society, you're grounded until you realize what you've done.
Nooooooo!!! Penis, come back! Please come back! I promise never to look at it again!
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Actually going back to the topic of the fallout games I think I realized why I prefer dayz and other games over games like fallout.  I prefer fps games that rely on the actual skill of a player instead of leveling up systems.  The thing I don't like about a lot of games with level stats is that it's not about who has the most skill while playing, rather it's about who has the higher stats.  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with perks, rather when all the enemies in a game are no longer a threat of any sort that's not fun.  What's fun about a game when it you've leveled up enough that the strongest enemies you're tearing through them like tissue paper?

Also we will never see a fallout mmo, cause if someone were to make a mmo or a mmo mod for one of the games after about a week it would devolve into everyone just screaming at the creators on the forums about high level players going around teabagging any new players.

Tl:dr;  What I would like to see in fallout 4 would be a more skill based game instead of a stat based game.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Well, my mom just threatened to throw me out of the house and/or knock me out because I swore. Nice to know that people can be mature.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:54 pm

swicked wrote:
nuke stuff I posted earlier:
I kinda expected a bit more of a reaction than this. The feds are actually dumping this stuff. They're in casks and safe as they can get, but this shallow burial... that's it. That's where they're going to stay forever. Not in a mountain, just a bit underground in a big, irradiated area in Nevada.
It's just, I don't know, kinda horrible for this day and age. For a country that has a site like Yukka mountain so close to complete.
Just... I don't know. Stuff.
The sad thing is this just does not surprise me. I mean they've been dumping hazardous materials for years, I was actually surprised they actually attempted to make the site at yukka mountain.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:13 am

cb5 wrote:Actually going back to the topic of the fallout games I think I realized why I prefer dayz and other games over games like fallout.  I prefer fps games that rely on the actual skill of a player instead of leveling up systems.  The thing I don't like about a lot of games with level stats is that it's not about who has the most skill while playing, rather it's about who has the higher stats.  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with perks, rather when all the enemies in a game are no longer a threat of any sort that's not fun.  What's fun about a game when it you've leveled up enough that the strongest enemies you're tearing through them like tissue paper?

Also we will never see a fallout mmo, cause if someone were to make a mmo or a mmo mod for one of the games after about a week it would devolve into everyone just screaming at the creators on the forums about high level players going around teabagging any new players.

Tl:dr;  What I would like to see in fallout 4 would be a more skill based game instead of a stat based game.
Yeah Bethesda games don't do difficulty very good. Its really noticeable in Skyrim especially. Bethesda's solution is MORE HEALTH = MORE DIFFICULT.
However it means nothing when you have the insta-kill everything sword/bow/gun and their AI are still about as sharp as a sphere.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:40 am

Anybody else getting kind of excited for the upcoming dwarf fortress update? I've kind of fallen off the dwarf fortress wagon since the summer, but this might get me back on it. I might even finally try out adventurer mode.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:46 am

swicked wrote:
cb5 wrote:
swicked wrote:
nuke stuff I posted earlier:
I kinda expected a bit more of a reaction than this. The feds are actually dumping this stuff. They're in casks and safe as they can get, but this shallow burial... that's it. That's where they're going to stay forever. Not in a mountain, just a bit underground in a big, irradiated area in Nevada.
It's just, I don't know, kinda horrible for this day and age. For a country that has a site like Yukka mountain so close to complete.
Just... I don't know. Stuff.
The sad thing is this just does not surprise me.  I mean they've been dumping hazardous materials for years, I was actually surprised they actually attempted to make the site at yukka mountain.
...no, we're not talking about conspiracy stuff, or that type of general cultural joke/outlook that the government is incompetent and incapable of doing anything right. Nor are we talking about stuff the government did in the past, like irradiating that entire stretch of desert in the first place. The USA, as a country, is not going to be around long-enough to see that area used for anything. It's going to stay quarantined.
...but this is ADDING to that.
We've had the government shut down for weeks, we've had them stop regulating entire industries for a time, and now they are just dumping their waste since they can't settle on any other permanent way to deal with it. Shoving it into a corner and pretending it isn't there.
It's just irresponsible. If we are to recognize that they have ANY constitutional duty to avoid any action that directly places the health and wellbeing of the public at entirely avoidable risk (by simply keeping their waste where it is until they have a solution that makes a lick of sense), they are entirely failing those right now. Not in any massive, grand way... but in a definable one.
It is not merely groan-worthy.
Does it really surprise anyone that the government is this incompetent?
iLateralGX wrote:Yeah Bethesda games don't do difficulty very good. Its really noticeable in Skyrim especially. Bethesda's solution is MORE HEALTH = MORE DIFFICULT.
However it means nothing when you have the insta-kill everything sword/bow/gun and their AI are still about as sharp as a sphere.
Yeah, that's a problem with a lot of games.  Just cause you give a enemy lots of health doesn't mean it's difficult.

Not to mention their leveling up system is extremely broken.  In fallout new vegas you can get most of the perks and max stats if you start off with a int 10 character and off the bat begin investing in perks to get more perks and more exp and that, then get all the bobbleheads.  You can actually get every perk and that, but that requires using a glitch.

Probably the best thing they could do to make the game actually difficult would be to take out every perk that lets you get more perks per level that way people can't abuse the leveling system to get a all powerful character.  People are still going to abuse the leveling system, but they won't be able to god mode the game unless they actually god mode.

However you can't call a game difficult if the hero of the game is fps jesus.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:57 am

@ cb5

Precisely why difficulty mods that do similar things are some of the first things I get for such games. I don't want to feel like a god and just gun it.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:02 am

@cb5 games being challenging: Why does it matter if its possible for someone to become death incarnate in a single player videogame? If thats fun for that person let em go for it. Its no skin off my nose at all if its possible for me to become invincible, if I can just choose to never do so myself. Besides, I don't play fallout for the challenge, I play it for the experience and roleplaying. I get into my characters head, choose perks, skills, equipment, etc. based on how I think my character would act, given the personality I chose for him (or her occasionally). I make decisions that from a gameplay perspective are terrible, but I know thats how my character would react.

Also the modding community does wonders for making Fallout challenging and more fun, I know thats no excuse for Bethesda or Obsidian to slack off but its still an option.

Finally, I'm a big fan of dayz too :P we should game sometime if you're good for it.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:18 am

Erumpet wrote:Finally, I'm a big fan of dayz too :P we should game sometime if you're good for it.
I'm going to have to wait a while, cause my current computer can't play dayz.  It can only play it at 5 fps :\
So my options are to get a new computer or wait for the standalone to come out.  I kept wondering why it wouldn't play and finally got it to work and my current computer isn't powerful enough. I miss playing it.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:28 am

I guess I could take off all my clothes and take on deathclaws with just a 9mm for enhanced difficulty. Actually, that sounds pretty fun.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 am

iLateralGX wrote:I guess I could take off all my clothes and take on deathclaws with just a 9mm for enhanced difficulty. Actually, that sounds pretty fun.
I have done something like that before, though it was a giant supermutant in fallout 3.  My brother kept telling me I couldn't kill it with the gun and sure proved him wrong.

Just make sure you have tons of ammo for the gun, cause it takes forever.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next