Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored in Tekkit Classic, Need Suggestions.

5 posters

Go down

Bored in Tekkit Classic, Need Suggestions. Empty Bored in Tekkit Classic, Need Suggestions.

Post by jacky2734 Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:11 am

I've been doing a playthrough on single player Tekkit Classic for a while, and I've ran out of projects.

Here's a fairly complete list of my projects:
Created all the power items for EE2
Built a massive quarry.
Developed several different infinite energy sources.
Built a HV Solar array honestly.
Built the Top Tier tools and armor for all of the mods.
Built and set off a nuke.
Created automated processing plant.
Killed the enderdragon in an utter curbstomp.
Built UU Matter Factory.

So, any suggestions for further projects, or should I just blow my world up?
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Bored in Tekkit Classic, Need Suggestions. Empty Re: Bored in Tekkit Classic, Need Suggestions.

Post by Necr0maNceR Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:34 am

I'd suggest moving on. Feed the Beast has quite a few things to offer, including updated versions of several of the mods you are playing with, and quite a few awesome new ones you've probably never heard of. To top it all off, it uses minecraft 1.4.7, which is almost the newest version.

Unfortunately, you'll be unable to make all your awesome EE2 stuff again, since EE3 is still pretty early on in development, and there really isn't much you can do with it at this point.

If you do decide to use it, you can download the launcher here. I'd suggest using the Ultimate pack, and simply removing what you don't want to use.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Bored in Tekkit Classic, Need Suggestions. Empty Re: Bored in Tekkit Classic, Need Suggestions.

Post by Ametros Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Feed The Beast is fun. It offers quite a few mods that Tekkit lacks, such as Forestry, Thaumcraft 3, Mystcraft and more. EE3 is pretty basic, but isn't anywhere near as broken as EE2 is in terms of balance. EE2 just makes everything easymode...

Modular Power Armour is a fun mod, but pretty darn OP in terms of equipment.
The aforementioned Thaumcraft 3 has quite a lot to do in it, and due to having to research stuff, can take a fair amount of time and effort to achieve such.

Altogether, I think that Feed The Beast has basically surpasses Tekkit in terms of quality and modpacks now.
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Thaumcraft 3 might as well be two separate games added into Minecraft considering all the researching you do and handling of the new node system it adds.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:59 am

Yes, I know about FTB. But you guys have to realize a few things.

1. My computer isn't really powerful enough to keep dumping more and more mods into it.
2. I specifically asked for suggestions on what I can do in Tekkit Classic, not what other mods I can download.
3. If I'm going to switch modpacks, I'd choose Tekkit Lite anyways, as it uses the same launcher and has nearly all the same major mods.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:18 am

A frame machine which you can program through computers (RP2 or ComputerCraft computers) to build structures.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down