Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Bets on the S3 Finale(Spoilers)

+8
Orm
Kippershy
Sky Cloud
Ketchup
Moodyman90
Cptadder
CannonFodder
jacky2734
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Taking Bets on the S3 Finale(Spoilers) Empty Taking Bets on the S3 Finale(Spoilers)

Post by jacky2734 Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:05 pm

... Okay, not really, because I don't really have the money to do it, so we'll be betting brohoofs instead.

Alright, we've all seen the episode description, and, thanks to EqD constantly posting about it, know that Somepony -> Twilight Sparkle Twilight crazy Twilight Is going to become an alicorn, but what hasn't been said is how it's all going to be handled and resolved, and that's what we're betting on. The bet's don't have to be realistic. Hell, the more out there your theory is, the better.

So, I'm betting that a reset button gets hit and Twilight decides to give up all the Alicorny goodness to remain a regular Unicorn.

Anyone else got a bet.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Taking Bets on the S3 Finale(Spoilers) Empty Re: Taking Bets on the S3 Finale(Spoilers)

Post by CannonFodder Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm betting that twilight permanently becomes a alicorn, that she remains in ponyville, remains with her friends, continues the current story and that actually running the country won't be for a couple more decades in her life like how cadance didn't actually run anything government wise until she came to the crystal empire. . . Oh and Octavia has deut with Rarity and in season 4 becomes a speaking background character, like how cherilee or big macintosh speak often even though they aren't major character, and in the later half due to the positive feedback towards her she gains a greater role. Also that the episode is pretty decent, not "oh my god the show is ruined 4ever" and not "oh my god that was the greatest episode ever".
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Taking Bets on the S3 Finale(Spoilers) Empty Re: Taking Bets on the S3 Finale(Spoilers)

Post by Cptadder Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 pm

I'll take the outside bet, the negative Twilight becomes a Alicorn and everyone hates it for ever episode. The odds are great at 7 to 1 for "total death of the fandom"

I'd be a sucker not to try and make my money off it
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:49 pm

I'm going with it's a temporary thing. Or that season 4 starts off with her losing her alicornyness.

Or it's a big elaborate hoax to drive up speculation and maximize viewership to see what happens.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Cptadder wrote:I'll take the outside bet, the negative Twilight becomes a Alicorn and everyone hates it for ever episode. The odds are great at 7 to 1 for "total death of the fandom"

I'd be a sucker not to try and make my money off it
In all fairness the fandom was freaking out about discord, cadance, discord's return before the episodes aired.

I vote we all just keep calm and wait till the episode actually airs.

On the other hand of the panicking the lesson at the end of the episode might be this-
Taking Bets on the S3 Finale(Spoilers) 0e5
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm of the opinion that she'll screw up and lose her wings during or after the episode. However, I don't really care what happens as long as I get to watch the internet fall apart.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:13 am

Okay, so we have so far:

3 for reset to unicorn.
1 for death of fandom.
1 for Octavia stealing the spotlight

I'm covering my bases with a side bet that there will be a cameo from Discord.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:15 am

i saw something from a page that i liked on facebook on a pretty good theory. i probably will get some of this wrong but:
Twilight accidentally casts a spell that switches destinies with other ponies, messing up her friends and herself, getting switched with Celestia so that Twi is the princess and Celly is the student. in order to fix it all, Twi has to write her own magic or something along the lines of that sort of theory
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:20 am

Sky Cloud wrote:i saw something from a page that i liked on facebook on a pretty good theory. i probably will get some of this wrong but:
Twilight accidentally casts a spell that switches destinies with other ponies, messing up her friends and herself, getting switched with Celestia so that Twi is the princess and Celly is the student. in order to fix it all, Twi has to write her own magic or something along the lines of that sort of theory

That's what EQD has up for the Synopsis. Though it is pretty old and they've been known to change before.

According to EQD hasbro is making toys of Twilight Alicorn. I'm thinking that this may be a sign of permanence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:22 am

Last wrote:
Sky Cloud wrote:i saw something from a page that i liked on facebook on a pretty good theory. i probably will get some of this wrong but:

That's what EQD has up for the Synopsis. Though it is pretty old and they've been known to change before.

According to EQD hasbro is making toys of Twilight Alicorn. I'm thinking that this may be a sign of permanence.
i would hope not....
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:25 am

Don't they also have crystal versions of the mane six out as well?

I'm honestly not sure but I know of metallic version of them.

If they really are making Twilight alicorn toys I'm going with over hyping on Hasbro's part.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:26 am

Sky Cloud wrote:i would hope not....

Eh, I have faith in the writers they have over at studio b. Might be that Twilight alicorn opens new routes for storytelling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:27 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Don't they also have crystal versions of the mane six out as well?

I'm honestly not sure but I know of metallic version of them.

If they really are making Twilight alicorn toys I'm going with over hyping on Hasbro's part.

Could be they're just making them to commemorate the event. I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:40 am

Alright, I've got Last down for permanence.

and Moody down for massive Overhype.

And Skycloud down for no originality past the posted synopsis.
----
Also, this is my 4000th post, so excuse me, I've got to go find Guard and jump into him.(Are we still doing that?)
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:43 am

Why yes we are Jacky. I kinda had to open a new vat of Taint for my 5000 cause everybody was busy but go for it.

Mmmm, delicious overhype.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:55 am

jacky2734 wrote:1 for death of fandom.
People are such naysayers when it comes to the finale. As long as we're all calm, collected and don't let ourselves get overswept in the overhype we should enjoy the episode or in the very least it shouldn't be that bad of a episode.

The fandom will survive and if anything hasbro has been fairly conscientious to fan's reactions. While not all the episodes this season have been super spectacular they all, with the exception of "spike at your service", have been fairly decent or good. The episode may be a bad 6 out of 10, but I doubt it'll be a -9001 out of 10 like everyone is afraid of.

If there is a extremely negative response to the episode or a apathetic response then chances are we won't necessarily see twilight losing a alicorn response, but them realizing making her a alicorn was a mistake. What I mean by that is I doubt they are just going to make twilight co-ruler of equestria and abandon all her friends. The reason is that would void the entire franchise since the name is "my little pony FRIENDSHIP is magic". Just going "later bitches I'm a god now" even someone drunk out of their minds would realize that wouldn't work with the franchise. It would be like Gordon Freeman talking, or Ash Ketchum actually winning pokemon leagues and growing up and becoming a gym leader thus ending his journey, or non-mutants in xmen actually accepting mutants, or having a transformers movie directed by michael bay in which the entire movie decepticons and autobots have declared peace.

Yes I do dislike the idea of twilight becoming a alicorn, but I'm not walking down the street holding up a sign saying "repent, the end is neigh".
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:56 am

Extended Synopsis from EQD:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:22 am

Even with the extended synopsis, I'm betting for the reset button push... but HOLY CRAP would it be awesome if it didn't. I hate changing a working formula as much as the next guy, but for every 20 versions of Dimmu Borgir/In Flames/Metallica/Slayer/Iron Maiden circa X-Factor (AKA bands that changed something massively for the worse) there's an Anathema or an Ulver. That's a confusing metaphor. Let me rephrase: sometimes, changes are stupid. Sometimes, changes are amazing. I'm not expecting a change, but if it happens I expect it to be awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:08 am

Sorry, gamebreaker here. Writer has said that twilicorn is perma and bipedals are in the story. Goodbye, season 3 having any decency.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:16 am

Where?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:40 pm

Twitter.
I could try find the pictures, but that's like sifting through a sea of shit to find a lump of mud.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:59 pm

Kippershy wrote:Twitter.
I could try find the pictures, but that's like sifting through a sea of shit to find a lump of mud.
D'you remember which writer said it? I already checked Larson and McCarthy's twitters, and the former is the one who wrote the episode. :\ You know that the majority of pictures of MLP team tweets are shopped, right? There's been a recent influx of those, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:07 pm

It was McCarthy, yes. I didn't think about the possibility of shooping though.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:12 pm

Kippershy wrote:Sorry, gamebreaker here. Writer has said that twilicorn is perma and bipedals are in the story. Goodbye, season 3 having any decency.
I highly doubt the validity of sources saying that humans are going to be in the season 3 finale.

Also if they were to introduce humans into the show hasbro would quickly redact them. The reason being is that at the end of the day hasbro is looking for money. IF all of a sudden people stopped buying the toys and they found out it was a reaction to something new in the show chances are they would make dhx redact anything referencing it in the show like what they did to derpy except in our favour.

Basically what would happen is-
*humans introduced*
*toy sales drop by 90%*
Hasbro, "Oh shit! Dhx remove any reference to humans in the show"
Dhx, "Don't worry, I got this"
and then all humans, scenes referencing humans or episodes centred around humans would be removed.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:23 pm

Found it, and it's shopped. Linky. I got tricked by one of these sorts of things once, so now I don't believe anything I see on Derpibooru until I verify it actually existing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:31 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
I highly doubt the validity of sources saying that humans are going to be in the season 3 finale.

Also if they were to introduce humans into the show hasbro would quickly redact them. The reason being is that at the end of the day hasbro is looking for money. IF all of a sudden people stopped buying the toys and they found out it was a reaction to something new in the show chances are they would make dhx redact anything referencing it in the show like what they did to derpy except in our favour.

Basically what would happen is-
*humans introduced*
*toy sales drop by 90%*
Hasbro, "Oh shit! Dhx remove any reference to humans in the show"
Dhx, "Don't worry, I got this"
and then all humans, scenes referencing humans or episodes centred around humans would be removed.
Even if it was true, bipedal doesn't have to mean humans.
Spike and Iron Will can qualify as bipedal.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Sex: Male
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:31 pm

THE GAME IS RUINED! I'M CANCELLING MY PREORDER!

...sorry, I just had a flashback to the Bioware Social a year ago.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:34 pm

Valikdu wrote:THE GAME IS RUINED! I'M CANCELLING MY PREORDER!

...sorry, I just had a flashback to the Bioware Social a year ago.
Okay then.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Sex: Male
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:38 pm

Orm wrote:
Even if it was true, bipedal doesn't have to mean humans.
Spike and Iron Will can qualify as bipedal.
That would be pretty funny. To go "coming this saturday is a episode dedicated to a bipedal character" or something to mislead bronies and then it turns out it was a spike episode.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 pm

Getting WAAAAY off topic here guys, this thread is for the wild mass guessing of how the S3 finale will be resolved, not whether or not they'll introduce more bipeds into the series.

You can make a wild guess that a human will appear in the S3 Finally, but having an argument about whether or not such an introduction would ruin the show is out of the question. If you do want to have that discussion, than make your own thread about it.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next