Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendship Problem

2 posters

Go down

Friendship Problem Empty Friendship Problem

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm a part of this group of nerds called the Nerd Herd. I met this really cool guy at one of our meetings and we played Halo: Reach all night when everyone fell asleep. We laughed our asses off so naturally the guy was alright to me. Mister Frost is a part of this same group. We both think the guy is cool, then just a few minutes ago I get a message from him asking me how I was liking the group. I mention that I was glad to finally have a group of friends and that Frost is my best, and for a while only, friend. Here comes to key part. He tells me Frost pisses him off just because he is himself. How the sam hell do I deal with something like this? We have a disturbance in the ranks and negativity between people in a group never ends well. I don't know how to be friends with this guy if he has a problem with my best friend. Shy

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Friendship Problem Empty Re: Friendship Problem

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:25 pm

That's kinda what I'm thinking. What I'm afraid of is the guy is going to take his cover-judgement and roll with that. I've seen a lot of people be idiotic like this. Yeah you gave your advice but I get myself all brain-knotted over this kind of stuff.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:30 am

Just tell him respectfully that you understand that he and frost don't get on the best and you accept that there's nothing you can realistically do about that.

However, also make sure to say to him that at the same time, frost is your best friend and so you won't be ditching him for something like this.
Ask that they do their best to be civil to one another, even say they don't have to actually talk to one another, but that end of the day, you don't want to be a poor friend and drop a good friend over a new friend, and don't want to lose his friendship either.

He's allowed to not get along on a personal level, but all the same, part of maturity is accepting when it's best to just leave things unsaid and put "the greater good" ahead of our own feelings.

(even if the greater good is only a bigger group of friends).
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content