Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If there could be a seventh Element

+10
Armoredbrony
RoboRed
jacky2734
Harmony Ltd.
Derpy Hooves
Admiral Stoic Rum
Meleagridis
Ketchup
IncoherentOrange
CamoBadger
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If there could be a seventh Element Empty If there could be a seventh Element

Post by CamoBadger Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Okay, so I think many of us have heard of the rumor that a Seventh Element will appear in season 3, but it is a rumor created by overactive fans, so I'm giving it less than a 1% chance of actually happening, but it's still a fun idea to entertain.
And so I made this thread. I got the idea from another forum, and decided to steal it for here. Basically, pick a pony who you think would be fun to join the Mane6 and the element they might hold. You don't have to take it seriously, feel free to just post funny/random ones (Such as Spike as the element of pimpin') or post ones you think could happen.

As mine, I might just be obsessed with zebras now or something, but I'd love to see Zecora as the element of Forgiveness.
She's forgiven Ponyville for shunning her since Celestia-Knows-When, forgave the Mane6 for destroying her hut, forgave Spike for stealing all of her stuff, and forgave Applebloom for stealing her Heart's Desire. Just thought of all this while showering this morning, so if it doesn't make much sense, that's why XD

CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

If there could be a seventh Element Empty Re: If there could be a seventh Element

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:31 pm

Zecora would make a kickass addition to the main cast.

Within fandom, I've seen people write about their characters/glorified-me characters/background or secondary characters receiving an Element. These authors include myself, actually (and, upon reflection, what the hell was I thinking?). Those I see often are Elements of... Will Power, Hope, and opposites of the other Elements. (I used Order, myself, but again, what the hell was I thinking?) Those don't make much sense in my opinion. Forgiveness is one I could get behind, however, but I can't think of any myself... hmm.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

If there could be a seventh Element Empty Re: If there could be a seventh Element

Post by CamoBadger Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:09 pm

swicked, I can't even tell if you're intentionally rhyming still, or if it's just how you post XD either way, awesome!

And I actually like that idea, a new element specifically born in Cadence. I think some people may not like it (apparently headcanon for many is that Twilight's Element of Magic=the Element of Love), but I think it'd be pretty awesome.

EDIT: And because of what swicked said, my brain has taken that and run way too far with it...leading to me posting this on the other forum:
[swicked] brought up that Cadence could be the first bearer of the new element; love, and that it was born in her because Equestria faced a new threat from Chrysalis, which could not be defeated by the elements as they were. Evolving evil could lead to the Elements birthing a new force to combat evils which had grown to resist their power. Not that we ever really saw what the elements could do to Chrysalis, but thinking about it, there really wasn't much I think they could do. With NMM they dispelled her hatred (opposite of kindness), her betrayal (opposite of loyalty) of Equestria when she was supposed to be its ruler, her greed and deprevation of Equestria by taking away the sun (opposite of generosity), her deceit by lying about loving her subjects (opposite of honesty), her destruction of ponykind's happiness by dooming them to a life without the sun (opposite of laughter), and her complete lack of caring for the friendships of others or herself (opposite of what magic seems to represent in FiM). with Discord they stopped everything he was (DISharmony). So basically, the villains they did stop represented the exact opposite of the Elements.
Chrysalis and the changelings weren't really something the Elements were made to combat; being that they were a species who were just trying to survive. They weren't doing it in a kind way, but it was what they were born to do so to them it was kind to their brethren. They weren't honest in their intentions up front, but their very nature is dishonesty otherwise they could starve. They held upmost loyalty to their sisters and queen. Their queen risked herself to feed her children (generosity). They were obviously happy with a source of consistant 'food' (laughter). And their queen understood the power in friendships and relationships (magic), which is what she utilized to further her plans. The elements weren't made to destroy, they were meant to preserve harmony, and Chrysalis' plan was made to preserve harmony for her own kind. The new element; love, could be born to preserve itself within ponies, keeping them safe from those who wished to dissolve it, as Chrysalis did. Seems a bit crazy, but it would provide an interesting twist if new elements were born specifically to combat new threats to harmony.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:56 pm

There are 6 elements and 2 of each subrace. If they add another pony, it'd need to be an alicorn to keep any semblance of balance.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:28 pm

CamoBadger wrote:(apparently headcanon for many is that Twilight's Element of Magic=the Element of Love
I suppose it varies, but I can't quite agree. And I'll hold that opinion if push comes to shove.

Perhaps it's the same thing wearing a different word but to say it's not friendship is a little absurd. When her element was stolen, what did she lose? Her friends were gone, it's not hard to choose. Friendship is magic, it's in the name. It's not a very difficult game.

Now on to the royal, villainous pair- I hate to say you're stretching there. Attributing an element to every deed seems unjustified, without need. And regardless of the changeling swarm's intentions, they wrecked all pony norms and conventions. Discord laughed loud and Moon gave freely of Her night, but in the end what they did wasn't right. The elements spread Harmony, wherever it is lacking. And no matter what drove them, the changelings were attacking.

I can't pick a seventh, and I blame headcanon. The show can't match the depth we see in fanon.
Mere background pony #13, when will your in-depth character be seen?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Drunkenness that must be the final element

who else but berry punch?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Shining armor's trading card actually says that he carries the element of harmony of love, and Cadance's non-wedding one probably does as well. So of a 7th emerges and they count the cards as canon, then that's most likely it.

I don't really know if I would like a 7th to be revealed. At that point it literally seems like fishing for plot.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:59 pm

ummm I would have thought love was another name for harmony
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Obligatory "Derpy as the Element of Muffins". If there could be a seventh Element 779695502
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Well, consider that many of the virtues of our world actually fall under one of the elements. I.E. Courage, Duty, and Honor(the virtues of a good soldier) can also be redefined as Laughter, Loyalty, and Honesty respectively, and Mercy, Charity, and Brotherhood can be looked at as Kindness, Generosity, and Friendship.

Even love can actually be defined as falling under a branch of Friendship, which is actually what I consider Twilight's element to be and not magic.

That being said, there are a few virtues that don't fall directly under the elements.
-Hope stands on its own(and is my personal bet on the Seventh element) as it holds off despair and kindles the light to drive back the darkness.
-Sacrifice, which as FOE explained, goes above and beyond generosity.
-Forgiveness is also a good one as well, and also does not go as hand in hand with kindness as one would think (sometimes, the worse thing you can do to a person is forgive them).
-Chastity, because it is a kid show, is never really discussed in MLP(and is practically ignored as a virtue by the shipping community).
-Humility is also a good one and is one virtue that the show has attempted to teach on multiple occasions.(Boast Busters and the Mysterious MareDoWell for example.)

and because you gave us the opening to be silly, here are some more elements for you:
Muffins.
Hands.
Wubs.
Snootiness.
Mary Sueness.
Dance.
Spaziness.
Overkill.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:15 pm

Hands => Bonbon
Wubs => Octavia
Snootiness => Pokey Pierce
Mary Sueness => Candy Mane
Dance => Hoity Toity
Spaziness => Lotus
Overkill => Mr. Cake

If there could be a seventh Element 779695502
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Wait, Bonbon? I was going with Lyra.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:18 pm

(hint : I went with the "screw the fandom" approach ^^ )

2 guesses as to why Mr. Cake is the element of Overkill.If there could be a seventh Element 2182320263
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:50 am

You know what might be kind of nice? Pipsqueak reveals he's Sacrifice!
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:07 am

swicked wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:You know what might be kind of nice? Pipsqueak reveals he's Sacrifice!
I think that jest's a bit excess... I rather like his British-ness :P

Come on, I think that we could stand just one more reference to the fans.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:08 am

swicked wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:Come on, I think that we could stand just one more reference to the fans.
Fans of what? You've lost me, there. If I've seen this, I'm unsure where...
On Nightmare Night we heard a quip, Zecora called him LittlePip.
A coincidence? Most probably. But wouldn't it be nice to see
the tiny, british Pipsqueak share the virtue that LittlePip bears?

Don't think too much of what I'm saying. Rest assured, I'm only playing.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:44 pm

swicked wrote:Littlepip... eh, not so much; I rarely like heroes and such.

What, then, of the Maiden ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Tell me, Swicked, just for fun, what say you of Hired Gun? Spike

Last edited by RoboRed on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:01 pm

And because I wish to be involved, tell me what it is you think of Murky and his quest unsolved. ((I tried way too hard to rhyme that Applebloom ))
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Swicked, your rhymes are off topic...

So, You can be harmonious with people and neither like nor be friends with them you know...

Honestly I am not so sure one can squeeze another element in since the six are strong enough as is. Although i still think love is the greatest force for order there ever witll be
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Hold the phone,

this has only ever been a run on the rumor mill, so honestly it shouldn't be something to worry about, but then again I did try to deny Dumbledore died in harry potter six

Holy crap Dumbledore is in my spellcheck
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armoredbrony Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:44 pm

so many responses.

it would have to be the element of surprise. no questions
Armoredbrony
Armoredbrony
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:45 pm

Armoredbrony wrote:so many responses.

it would have to be the element of surprise. no questions

^this^
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:53 am

If I had to guess it would be the element of not-being-a-dick. I can't think of a better way to make and keep friends than not being a dick.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:34 am

i'm a dick... doesn't seeem like I have troubles keeping them
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:54 am

the element of fun
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Humility?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:i'm a dick... doesn't seeem like I have troubles keeping them

Interesting... I need to rewrite my hypothesis. TO THE LAB! *SCIENCE*
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:02 am

Mati from captain planet as the element of heart.
If there could be a seventh Element 534833_5F00_335370703195123_5F00_265174720214722_5F00_856314_5F00_1736324741_5F00_n

All joking aside love would probably be the seventh element and Cadance would be the bearer.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:03 pm

But love can cause chaos just as easily as it can cause harmony.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum