Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creepypasta Book, I need stories!

2 posters

Go down

Creepypasta Book, I need stories! Empty Creepypasta Book, I need stories!

Post by Derpy Hooves Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:54 pm

WARNING, THE LINKS IN THE FOLLOWING TEXT MAY LEAD YOU SOMEWHERE FRIGHTENING OR ON AN EPIC JOURNEY, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK

Ok, so this is an easy one, it's not writing or anything, its just copy-pasting stories into an organized collection of the best and hopefully most unnerving creepypastas out there! If you don't know, creepypasta refers to generally short, supposedly scary or unnerving stories made to be a quick read for the fun of being scared. The name "creepypasta" comes from "copypasta" referring to short blocks of text that are copy-pasted all over the web.
Creepypasta often includes elements of real life situations, the best one's try to play on what anyone or everyone can do and make it scary. There are a few main types of creepypasta:

-General Story, Where a story is told that explains the actions usually of a single person who you, as the reader, sympathize with. Other times it is the actions of many people who experience something that is unnerving when read. Example would be short Slender Man stories.

-First Person, Where the story is told specifically from a first person point of view often recounting something scary or unnatural. Often times you sympathize with this person and feel you could be frightened in the same way. These are the most common types of creepypasta and are often very cliche to the reading community who read a lot and recognize common elements. Example would be Smile.jpg

-Second person/Ritual, These pastas explain to you, the reader, something you need to do or command you to do something that ends up frighting or unnerving in some way. These are the most cliche pastas because they usually involve an impossible series of actions followed by an insignifigant reward, and recursive action that can cause the entire pasta's explanation of the actions to seem redundant because these actions would never be performed by anyone. Though they are cliche, they often are the most unnerving when written well, because as you are the subject of the story you can feel most within the story and actually think about how you personally would experience it. Example would be Cigarettes

-Analysis, These are the Pastas everyone loves. These pasta's analyze something, usually in pop culture and look for anomolies or strange things, often exaggerating or making up believable aspects to make it more frightening. These can take many forms from stories that try to play on common myths like Lavender Town or they could be descriptions of certain "Lost Episodes" of tv shows or lost examples of Programs, something that humans use for entertainment that could go awry. a good example is Squidward's Suicide

I need the best examples of Creepypasta anyone knows, so I can filter, edit major errors in grammar and spelling, and print a book containing them for myself and my friends. If you know any really good ones, post a link in a message here. If you don't, then go looking.

And people, please don't judge others suggestions too harshly, we all enjoy different kinds of scares, I for example, am frightened more by slow movies like Paranormal Activity and The Shining than by movies filled with jump scares. Many people disagree and dont find any horrific elements in those movies, in fact i am often judged for even liking paranormal activity, but to me it's like a creepypasta, its tells you what could really be going on in your house right now, every little creak or bump could be you killing yourself, you never know.

GO SUGGESTERS!!!!
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Creepypasta Book, I need stories! Empty Re: Creepypasta Book, I need stories!

Post by Flying Ace: Comet Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:51 pm

I have some links for a lot of my favorites. Would you care for them?
-Silence
Flying Ace: Comet
Flying Ace: Comet
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:26 am

Ted's Caving Page
This one's pretty long, and works better through the medium of an internet website, but it's a classic.

The Rake. More unsettling than truly scary, but something about one or two scenes always got to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Silence wrote:I have some links for a lot of my favorites. Would you care for them?
-Silence

yes, link em all!!!!
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum