Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rifts Game Thread!

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rifts Game Thread! Empty Rifts Game Thread!

Post by Spitfire Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Ok, so, Since Rifts is so open, I'll just start you guys off. you have been adventuring as a group for about a week now all together, you've been hesitant to work together, but so far none of you are dead. You're all sitting around the campfire, the meal of the day roasting away, and one of you decides that now would be a good time to start formal introductions, since it seems you guys might want to travel together for more then the time to the next town.

First of the group to talk stands and says: (continue from here, introduce yourselves and talk a bit)
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Wildfire
Sex: Herm
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Rifts Game Thread! Empty Re: Rifts Game Thread!

Post by Linguz Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:23 pm

(Looks like this:)
Spoiler:

Behind the man were two power armors. A Northern Gun Samsun and a Flying Titan.

"My name is Gizmo. I hail from a small town named Tamenk. I'm 18 years old and this feels like if we're talking about our addictions. I'm was considered intelligent and strong to near superhuman abilities back at my hometown.

He points at his two suits of armors.

"That's my Samsun, the bigger one, and my Flying Titan, the smaller one with wings."
(Page 84 for the Samsun. Page 272 for the Flying Titan.)

Gizmo sits back down and pokes the fire with a stick before continuing.

"And if you want to know anything else, just ask and I'll think about it."
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Brohoof! : 10

Character List:
Name: Nidal
Sex: Female
Species: Khajiit

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:49 pm

(Mustang is relatively thin and wears a pilot's leather jacket over a old pre-rift airforce pilot jumpsuit, has goggles around his neck and extremely messy black hair. He has armor and work overalls, but he keeps them in his bike and prefers to wear old pilot gear.)

Mustang looked up from his toaster, noticing no one else was introducing themselves now. He put down his prized possession and stood up, a big grin on his face.

"Hey, the names Daniel, but I like to be called Mustang. I'm 21 years old and have spent most of my life traveling from town to town tinkering with stuff and fixing machines for a living. If you need a repair or custom job of any sort, I'm your guy."

His eyes twinkled as he gestured towards his toaster.

"And this here is my toaster, Phillip. He's mah pride and joy, and if I catch any of you touching him without mah strict permission... well I may end up killing ya. I know he don't look like much, but he's a work in progress."

He pointed to his bike behind him.

"And that there is mah bike. I like to call her Jessie. I don't worry about any of ya stealin her, as she is a one of a kind. Magic, only can be started by me. But I swear to god, if I find one of mah items misplaced, a single piece of bubblegum. Someone will pay."

Phillip announced the perfection two slices of toast with a little ding.

"Why thank ya Phillip."

Mustang sat back down and started to munch on his toast.
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Arvena
Species: Nord

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:56 pm

A skinny but strangely tall man sat opposite the fire from the others, nervously twiddling his thumbs.

"I'm Tom. I'm...26, and I, well I steal stuff for a living."

He started to wish he'd come up with a better story, but he's 19 days old for god's sake! He would really have to work on his creativity if he was going to keep this secret much longer.

"That's why I disappear every day...I kinda...see something I want to steal and can't help myself."

He hoped they bought that, he really didn't want to explain any further, not like he had a choice. He had to leave in 30 minutes anyways, not much time left before he was back to good ol' Spike; scale covered, razor sharp claws and teeth Spike.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:08 am

The man sitting farthest away from everyone was busy eating as everyone made their introductions, his face concealed in the shadows. After the third man had spoken, he set down his can of beans and put on a mask.

"I'm Eisen," he said as he got up and walked closer to the fire,"I'm 27, and if you get your leg or arm blown off, I'll either fix it, or replace it...At a reasonable cost of course." He chuckled.

He sat down near everyone else. Brushing some dirt off his homemade armor and lab coat, he pulled out his .357 magnum and tapped the barrel against his mask.

"And much like Mustang over there," he said as he gestured with his gun, "I can fix a couple things other than your bodies....And I'll blow out your brains if you cross me." He chuckled as he leaned back, reholstered his gun, and kicked up his feet.
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 13

Character List:
Name: Ferrous
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

http://ferrousoxidemolecule.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:23 am

"Well, if we're talking about what we can do, I might as well say what I can do. While my specialty is fighting in a machine, I can do some medical things and do general maintenance. I can also do math, if you really need me to. So why are you all going to the next town? Personally, I'm just looking for more money to spend on my armors."
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:29 pm

(Yay, role play! I decided I'll not force anything, at least not yet, and let you guys decide more what you want to do. also, I got form my uncle signed copies of the Rifts ultimate and the first source book (and Dead Reign). point being, I actually have to books now Rainbow )
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Mustang shrugged and proceeded to attempt to speak with a mouth full of toast, thought better of it and swallowed.

"I just kind of wander around looking for work. I usually stay in a town for a week or so tinkering with machines for people, then move on. Besides, its fun to wander."

He eyed Gizmo's Power Armor suits for what must had been the millionth time since they met.

"Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind playing with your armor sometime. they look to be some quality pieces and I love to tinker with Power Armor. I know enough to upgrade them a bit if you give me the chance and the parts."

He smiled as he continued.

"And I could probably get you some upgrades that are less desirable by the Coalition's standards. Of course if you have the resources or the aptitude to use magic."
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:44 pm

Gizmo eyed the toaster and Mustang.

"I'm not letting you anywhere near them until you tell me what you'd change. And no, I won't be getting any magic upgrades. I don't have the money or the magic for something like that, but I couldn't care less about the Coalition."
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Eisen looked between the two men as they exchanged words. He leaned forward after Gizmo had finished talking.

"And as for me," He said, "I'm looking for a place where I can dump these crap cybernetics I'm carrying, and find some quality merchandise." He kicked his bag, "There's not much you can do with this heap of scrap metal that won't fall apart in a couple of days."
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:55 pm

"Oh, come now! Nothing is worthless if you can scavenge just a few parts out of it. A few pieces of bubblegum and sprinkling of magic makes everything better!"
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Gizmo leaned back against a log.

"Then make something out of it. Go on. I want to see you work."
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:34 pm

Mustang looked up at Eisen.

"May I?"

(Way to put me on the spot Linguz! I'm busy flipping through basic bionic implants to see if anything in the bag may have some functional use I could exploit.)
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Eisen looked at Mustang.

Eisen leaned back." Normally, I would use the parts myself, but I haven't had much luck with these," He said, "So if you can get something thrown together, I want compensation. Doesn't have to be credits though. Anything of equal value will work." Eisen glanced at Mustang's supplies.

He picked up his bag and started handing towards Mustang,"But...", He jerked the bag back, "I know how much bionics cost, the quality, the uses, etc." He glared at Mustang, "So don't think you can cheat me."
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:56 pm

'Tom' looked back and forth between the others chatting around the fire; each of them had something he wanted, but they were all so protective...how was he going to get to them?

He had lost track of how long he had before the metamorphosis wore off, not good at all. The last time he did that he almost morphed back in the middle of a port-a-john...'I think I'll avoid that this time'

He stood up and looked around, "hey, I gotta take a piss. I'll be right back"
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:19 am

Mustang quickly snatched the bag from Eisen.

"Lets just say I owe you one."

He reached in and pulled out a bionic leg and dropped the bag. He sat back down on his log and pulled out a dozen sticks of bubblegum, stuck them in his mouth and proceeded to chew.

"I think I have an Idea, but it will take a good two or three hours to complete."

He said this through a giant ball of gum in his mouth as he chewed. Mustang reached into a small satchel at his waist, pulling out 5 smoky Quartz and 4 Ruby Quartz crystals. He set them down next to himself and focused his mind on them, unleashing his torrent of PPE into the little crystals, filling them with the proper enchantments and magic for the task at hand. He then proceeded to reach into the leg and rip out the servos and electronics, dumping them by his side without a second thought.
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:31 am

Gizmo looked at Tom.

"Don't be too long. Lunch will be done soon then we'll be moving out again."

He glanced at the gum that Mustang was chewing.

"That's an awful lot of gum. What for?"
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:32 am

At the vote of the group, it's actually around noon, and the parties having lunch

DM HATH SPOKEN
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:38 am

Mustang had finished pulling out the electronics and had a wrench out that he was tightening bolts with and jamming up the knee-joint.

"Gum is the most cost effective, powerful and tasty adhesive on the planet. Naturally, I can never turn it down and use it whenever I get the chance."

He pulled out part of the was and started to fill up a gap in the knee with the sticky substance.
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:51 am

'Tom' ran off behind a cluster of bushes, crouching down behind them and peering through to the others still sitting back where he left them.

'good, none of them followed me'

He slowly began to creep further from the group, hoping to escape from them before his current form wore off.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:18 am

Gizmo pulled the meat out of the flame and passed the plates out to each of the ones that were still at the camp minus Mustang who was eating toast, leaving one piece a bit further away from the fire for Tom.

"I might not be a good cook. Or a decent one. But I can pull meat out of a fire before it burns."

He took a bite of the meat and shook his head at the taste.

"I really should learn to cook one of these days..." (Foreshadowing OoOoOoO)
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:40 am

As 'Tom' reached a cluster of trees his body warped and twisted as the metamorphosis wore off.

He barely managed to keep himself concealed in the trees as his body grew to it's true size, revealing him for what he truly was; a dragon. He pulled himself into the tops of the trees, and began thinking of a way to get out of the area without the others noticing him.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:00 am

TIME HATH MOVED 2 HOURS, IT IS NOW AROUND 2PM!

DM HATH SPOKETH
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Gizmo finished eating and threw the left over bits to the trees. He looked at the others.

"You all ready to keep moving? How is the device going, Mustang?"
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Mustang looked up from the cannon he was placing the finishing touches on with an insane smile on his face.

"It will work, though exactly how well or powerful I do not know. I think I'll try it now."

He stood up and started to jam leaves down the barrel of his new cannon.

He had straightened the leg and tightened all the already in place bolts to jam up the joints then pilled in all the holes and gaps with layer after layer of bubblegum making it look like a leg of steel plate trimmed with an absurdly bright pink material. In the toe of the machine, 4 single caret Ruby Quartz gems were bubble-gummed into a precise location with 5 single caret Smoky Quartz gems in the ankle just above them. It was a really simple design.

After he was satisfied with the improvised wadding, he grabbed a few decent sized stones and place them on top of the leaves. Mustang pulled his shaded goggles over his eyes and lifted the now loaded cannon, put the foot of the leg to his shoulder and aimed in a random direction.

"Here goes nothing!"

He mentally sent some of his magic into all the gems simultaneously, making the ruby quartz instantly ignite a few of the leaves that had fallen into the foot, followed by the smoky quartz glowing brightly as they magically amplified the fire several dozen times over. As the flame expanded exponentially, the pressure sent the stones followed by the improvised leaf wadding out of the barrel with a loud explosion, sending the stones through the brush and into the distance. The fire from the combustion followed the projectiles out of the barrel and scorched the area in front of him for several feet.

The sound echoed for a few moments as Mustang fell on his back, partially from the kick and partially from the giggling fit he had fallen into at the successful test fire of his new toy.

Spoiler:
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Gizmo whistled as he watched the flames.

"That's one nice burst of fire. You made a flamethrower. So you ready to move out?"
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Mustang rolled over on the ground and rubbed his shoulder, which was sure to have a bruise in an hour.

"Not a flamethrower silly, though it definitely could be converted to one. The expanding flames are just used to propel anything I can fit in their at a extreme speeds. Unfortunately it seems to hurt the shoulder a bit."

He continued to chuckle as he regained his feet.

"And yes, I'm always ready to go. Just gotta find a place to stick this leg on my bike and then I'm good."
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Gizmo entered his Samsun power armor and lifted the Flying Titan power armor up.

"Tom doesn't seem to be back. Guess we'll just leave him. Eisen, you ready?"
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Eisen jerked awake.

"Wha..?," he said groggily. He noticed the others were getting ready to go.

"Just give me a minute," he said as he picked up his bag, "Although I foresee a problem."

"You," he said, pointing to Gizmo, "Have your armour. And you," pointing at Mustang, "Have your bike. While I," pointing at his feet, "Am stuck with these. See the problem?"
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Gizmo put the Flying Titan on the ground.

"Get in this suit. Don't touch anything. Don't even think about it. I'll carry you and the suit at the same time. Hey, Mustang. Can you set your bike's speed to 150 MPH. I can run that fast while in this suit."
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next