Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Challenge Mode

3 posters

Go down

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Challenge Mode Empty The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Challenge Mode

Post by Linguz Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm thinking of how one would play Skyrim with a challenge instead of just plain hard by difficulty. Give me ideas and I'll think about them.

The current list:
1) Make your character have a personality and stick with it. Making a class contributes to this as well.
>> This means that if he doesn't like to sell regular (unenchanted) equipment, don't. If he doesn't use magic, don't.
2) Use your character's knowledge not your own.
>> This means that if you know where all the dragon shrines are, don't go to them all right off the bat.
3) Fast travel can only be used from the road to a city on the road and even then try to only use it when you must travel an immense distance.
>> I will not reject all fast travel. If you don't want to use it, don't.
4) No climbing up a mountain where you shouldn't be able to.
>> That's a glitch. Don't abuse any glitch.
5) Daedric equipment. Don't use it.
>> It's overpowered and you know it.
6) When you level up, the perk has to go to something that was leveled up that level or above 90.
>> This is more to make it realistic than a challenge. How does one learn how to cast destructive magic with less magick if they never cast a single spell?
7) No creating a bunch of iron daggers to level up smithing.
>> You know after making enough, in real life you wouldn't learn anything.

Last edited by Linguz on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Brohoof! : 10

Character List:
Name: Nidal
Sex: Female
Species: Khajiit

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Challenge Mode Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Challenge Mode

Post by CamoBadger Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Wanna make it more fun?

Hardest difficulty

If you die, start the game over :P
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Challenge Mode Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Challenge Mode

Post by Linguz Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Lyra wrote:Wanna make it more fun?

Hardest difficulty

If you die, start the game over :P

I'm looking more to things that can be applied to all difficulty modes to make it more challenging, not harder and make you ragequit when you die.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:24 pm

It's not that bad, my buddy made it all the way to the first tutorial fight before he died, not too much to start over there :P
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Lyra wrote:It's not that bad, my buddy made it all the way to the first tutorial fight before he died, not too much to start over there :P

I had never really played an elder scrolls game seriously (played oblivion and morrowind in passing at a friends house) before skyrim, and I hadn't played a game in over 8 months when i picked it up, and instantly went on highest difficulty, I've died 4 times in 18 hours of play, and mostly those are me being dumb or trying to see "how many hits will it take for this giant to kill me if I'm wearing daedric?".

I can agree its really not that insanely hard, but like i said i don't even know what normal difficulty would be.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:21 pm

Derpy Hooves wrote:I can agree its really not that insanely hard

Which is partially the point of what I'm going for here. Make the game more challenging without making the actual game's difficulty harder.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down