Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Tytan
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Epsilon
Kattlarv
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Bootleg
Twilightwolf4
Ketchup
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Ironmonger
iLateralGX
StoneSlinger88
Whiskey Rebellion
Vinylshadow
21 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Than I would ask you to watch the series again. Pay attention to how the Titans move, I think you'd be hard pressed to tell me the some of their entries and appearances weren't designed to illicit a laugh. This is an unrelated complaint but how does tension still remain in the show when Levi appears? He breaks the worlds rules and can kill Titans in the blink of an eye with no effort.

I would accept that in a show that wasn't serious. But in a show where someone has to break down in tears once an episode? Hell no.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:00 pm

I'm inclined to think that their movements were more intended to be A.) a realistic amount of clumsiness that you'd expect from a massive, half-braindead monstrosity, and B.) an artistic choice to highlight their inhumanity and invoke the Uncanny Valley effect, which is itself a very subjective effect.

Levi was pretty much the one reprieve from constant failure and defeat for the humans. Neither he nor Mikasa, the other resident badass, actually break the world's rules--they're a lot more skilled and/or talented with their weapons and gear, but they do nothing that anyone else in the show is physically incapable of doing. It's still not effortless, and there are times where the two of them make mistakes or fail. But, without someone actually being able to fight and get the upper hand against the Titans, the show would quickly lose all impact--instead of a desperate fight with a faint sliver of hope, it'd just turn into an endless parade of people getting stomped and eaten with no reason for the audience to care, because it's inevitable anyway. The presence of hope, that faint sliver of a chance at victory, is why the show has impact.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:45 pm

I lost interest in Attack on Titan when:
Spoiler:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Frost, I can't argue with you on this. If you think Levi turning into a spinning top of death and grinding up a titan's extremities like it's jet set radio isn't breaking the world's rules than there is nothing I can do or say to convince you otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:11 pm

And if you think that robots throwing galaxies at each other is somehow more compelling entertainment, I sure as hell can't convince you.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:55 pm

I do find it amusing that all of Levi's cohorts get utterly destroyed by one Titan, despite their track record

Sure, it's a "special" Titan, but that doesn't excuse their slaughter

And when the survivors return , we see friends and family looking forward to seeing them again

That's just cruel...

Perhaps it's time for me to peruse the snk wiki again

I'm very interested in the Wall Titans especially
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:17 am

Mister Frost wrote:And if you think that robots throwing galaxies at each other is somehow more compelling entertainment, I sure as hell can't convince you.

If you're comparing a TV show you like to a response I made I'd be surprised if you came to any other conclusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:04 am

It's all fun and games until protagonists and antagonists start hurling planets around

Seriously, in Naruto, one of Ten-Tails' attacks is so massive, you can see the curvature of the earth

And yet they managed to beat it...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:14 am

That's because it still managed to fucking miss.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:17 am

Good point

Plot Armor at its finest, as well as the Bullshit that is Naruto being able to cancel the "Opening the eight gates will kill you" effect...

God, you can't even let Guy do a heroically suicidal sacrifice, can you?

It's like those scenes where one guy is facing down  4563245 guns, cannons, warheads, missiles, and every other kind of ordinance and when they're all done firing...he's left on a small spindly spire in the middle of a crater the size of Australia

In the words of Mark the Alien:

"Whoa...I missed"
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:21 am

When talk's going down of a little Christmas trip to Iraq for the brigade and I'm just
*Princesses internally*:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:39 am

Don't do something stupid like die on us

Watch your ass
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:55 am

Mister Frost wrote:When talk's going down of a little Christmas trip to Iraq for the brigade and I'm just
*Princesses internally*:
But they said the war was over! Three times!
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:10 am

Like that's gonna stop America from sticking its nose back into the pile of steaming shit that is the middle east

We're stupid that way

Hm...would we be better off if we stopped sticking our noses into other countries' affairs? 

Ya know...let them figure it out?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:16 am

This is the middle East's theme song:
Which is really why we just need to organize fighting tournaments to decide Iraq's future. And make an anime and a game series based off of that. 

Because, let's face it, Tim Kennedy is already an Ex-Special Forces MMA fighter with salon-quality hair and a goatee. If he's not an escaped fighting game character, then I'm a fucking Cav.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:20 am

Frostbait: http://aisureimi.deviantart.com/art/Aria-Blaze-505688151

Heh...we'll see
-

"Are we still friends?"

"This wouldn't be so difficult if we weren't"

-

I'm liking this fic quite a bit...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:39 am

No comment: https://vine.co/v/OrbpH0J2QXm
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:21 am

This warms my cold Internationalist's heart: https://33.media.tumblr.com/5d1cf2ce34c4f05651828ff5fffd9563/tumblr_nhvmslggsu1qh6gzao1_400.png
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:37 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:This warms my cold Internationalist's heart: https://33.media.tumblr.com/5d1cf2ce34c4f05651828ff5fffd9563/tumblr_nhvmslggsu1qh6gzao1_400.png
The Kurds are G's, yeah. This much was known. 

Given that they've received training and equipment from us, still express pro-Western views (they're bigger fans of America than most Americans) and remain an ally against mutual enemies.....I fully expect we'll be fighting them within two decades.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:09 am

@Kurds (Related)
I still find it strange that Turkey could be part of the EU. Frickin' look at it, it's a crime to insult the President. Because that's not the kind of law you see the big bad in a fantasy story written for twelve-year-olds implement at all. Nope.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:02 am

Mister Frost wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:This warms my cold Internationalist's heart: https://33.media.tumblr.com/5d1cf2ce34c4f05651828ff5fffd9563/tumblr_nhvmslggsu1qh6gzao1_400.png
The Kurds are G's, yeah. This much was known. 

Given that they've received training and equipment from us, still express pro-Western views (they're bigger fans of America than most Americans) and remain an ally against mutual enemies.....I fully expect we'll be fighting them within two decades.
Well...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:08 am

Though I still say that given what's happening in Irak, and now that the US isn't as dependent on foreign oil as it used to be, it should start hedging its bets in region and invest some diplomatic capital with Iran.

Re-opening diplomatic channels, warming up the relationship, loosening up a number of restrictions...

Of course, as long as there are sanctions in place we can't expect this cooperation to be more than highly situationnal, but I think that'd be a step in the right direction.

If only because "divide and conquer".
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:10 pm

The satire is real
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Stalin was right, when he was talking about useful idiots.

When I'm starting to see on my dashboard SJWs from the other side of the pond who have literally never read Charlie Hebdo declaring that they "had it coming" as Islamophobes.

Guys, Charlie Hebdo is, like, a trashier, written weekly version of The Daily Show. One which doesn't spare anyone. Government, Opposition, Clergy and Fundamentalists of all religion, Patrons and Worker organizations...

Saying they're Islamophobic, considering they target all religions with their satire, is like saying that the weather doesn't like you.

Bottom line, though, is people (on Tumblr or elsewhere), will always be quick to make judgment calls reinforcing their own worldview regardless of facts.

And I think that's the most important thing to keep in mind these days.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:21 pm

Oh, by the way, they're dead. The two killers have finally achieved their suuicide-by-cop.

I don't know the butcher bill yet.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:47 pm

Frostbait - Sonata:
Frostbait - Aria:
Frostbait - Adagio:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:22 pm

@Harmony
Uggghhhhh. God, those people have been crawling out of the woodwork. "Maybe we should redefine what hate speech is to include making fun of the majority religion on the planet." "Don't support Hebdo, support only that one Muslim security guard who died, he's the only innocent in this." "I guess this just shows the problem with having freedom of speech." "I like the taste of my own shit so much that I connected a tube from my ass to my mouth. Wait, what were we talking about?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:03 pm

If I were you Harmony I would one by one unfollow the blogs that posted or reblogged the posts in question. Unless they just did so to tell the poster they were an idiot. Just recently I unfollowed a lady who adopted the idea that any criticism made against a female regardless of if the criticism had nothing to do with their genitals or the fact that they had a certain set of genitals was sexist.

I'm happier for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:12 pm

The problem with that logic is as follow:

1/ Some of these people are friends
2/ Doing that means locking yourself into an echo chamber

Nah, I'll just discuss the issue with them if I get too offended by their ignorance. Otherwise I'll just ignore it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:54 pm

Who had the armor fetish?:

-

Can't really imagine being friends with people that do things that make you uncomfortable

My "friends", on the other hand...:

*sighs* Nevermind...
I do seem to attract vagabonds and delinquents, don't I?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next