Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+19
Ironmonger
StoneSlinger88
Stringtheory
tylertoon2
Scyto Harmony
CamoBadger
Tytan
Kippershy
Frost
O. Hinds
Scienza
cb5
Moodyman90
Kattlarv
RoboRed
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
23 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Camo/lastbait:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/279/f/5/commission__princess_scarlet_by_siansaar-d6ph5zu.jpg
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Tytan wrote:
Camo/lastbait:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/279/f/5/commission__princess_scarlet_by_siansaar-d6ph5zu.jpg
Me likey the zebling.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:58 pm

Tytan wrote:
Camo/lastbait:
Love it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:10 pm

Funny enough I rarely used Shotgun Surgeon. 

Oh I'm certain I picked it up in a playthrough or two, but I don't actually remember it doing anything more than what a normal shotgun would do. Could have been I just wasn't paying attention or I was too focused on other weapons.

I guess I will admit that combining Strong Back, Heavyweight, Burden to Bear, along with the Hoarder trait and getting your strength up to 10 makes carrying weight trivial. More so with the Pack Rat perk.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:11 pm

Tytan wrote:
Camo/lastbait:
*look up picture on dA. Find out what it's of*
I will burn everyone involved.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:15 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Funny enough I rarely used Shotgun Surgeon. 

Oh I'm certain I picked it up in a playthrough or two, but I don't actually remember it doing anything more than what a normal shotgun would do. Could have been I just wasn't paying attention or I was too focused on other weapons.
It lets shotguns ignore 10 enemy DT, and shotguns' divided damage means they really struggle against armor normally. In practice, it lets shotguns more or less rip through anything short of the heaviest armor around. Again, combine with And Stay Back, and you go through everything like a hot knife through butter.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Non-pony art:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Funny enough I rarely used Shotgun Surgeon. 

It lets shotguns ignore 10 enemy DT, and shotguns' divided damage means they really struggle against armor normally. In practice, it lets shotguns more or less rip through anything short of the heaviest armor around. Again, combine with And Stay Back, and you go through everything like a hot knife through butter.
Load up Dinner Bell with slugs or magnum shells and it's like a scalpel. Do the same for a Riot shotgun and everything dies.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:29 pm

I find it incredibly funny to kill Lanius with coin shells.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:30 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Camo/lastbait:
*look up picture on dA. Find out what it's of*
Perhaps a slight over reaction.

By the way Camo, we'll (me an my family) be in Colorado this next Friday. We're heading to Estes.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:32 pm

Oh god this is funny:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:33 pm

I need to use shotguns more than, with those perks. I just can't get over the Cowboy Repeater. I know there's better weapons but I like that one too much.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:36 pm

Tytan wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:*look up picture on dA. Find out what it's of*
Perhaps a slight over reaction.

By the way Camo, we'll (me an my family) be in Colorado this next Friday. We're heading to Estes.
Considering it's a zebra-changeling hybrid who is the child of Chrysalis and some OC? No, I'd say my reaction is perfectly fine.

And have fun. Not really sure where you're staying since when I left about 75% of that area was living in the hotels.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Yeah, the whole flood thing may have messed up our plans. My parents were gonna check with the hotel to see what's up.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:I need to use shotguns more than, with those perks. I just can't get over the Cowboy Repeater. I know there's better weapons but I like that one too much.
Really? I hated the sights on it, though it's one of the best early-level weapons. The Hunting Rifle is the way to go.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Agree to disagree on that part, cause I loved the sights on the Cowboy Reapeater. I made so many BS shots with that gun. Yeah eventually the damage output doesn't make it a viable weapon later on, it's nice to carry around.

I will give props to the Hunting Rifle though, it is a good weapon.

Though the most fun I had in the game was when I decided to have Explosives as my main weapon haha.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Though the most fun I had in the game was when I decided to have Explosives as my main weapon haha.
Unarmed is insane amounts of fun. Impossible starting out, but once you can kill things by punching them to death, you never go back.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Scienza wrote:It wasn't as much that it was overpowered, but Shotgun Surgeon utterly wrecks anything.
Combined with And Stay Back (and perhaps one other perk, which escapes me at the moment) it basically turned the Hunting Shotgun into a Deathclaw/Cazadore flyswatter for me, even loaded with ordinary rounds

Regarding the New York debate, I personally think that they'd have to work to make it unique for it to be noteworthy. 

Some still-standing skyscrapers turned into self-sufficient havens, but filled to the brim with corruption and all the paranoia and jingoism of the Old World.

The subways become the home of a new order--they struggle to survive, they can be brutal, and their society might seem strange to those above, but it's clear they won't fall into the same traps that the Old World did and that the Tower-Dwellers clearly will. 

On the streets, isolated outcasts and scavengers move in shadows, as silent as ghosts to avoid horrors that the rest of the Wasteland can't even dream about, horrors whose hunger can never be satiated and whose howls ever echo on the wind that moves between the towering monoliths of the Old World.

And the river.....Just steer clear of the river, okay?
Yeah, but then it would just be a fallout version of metro 2033.

Personally I would like a alaska fallout more cause it would be a fuckton more difficult to survive than any fallout game before.  In a blizzard VATS would be useless cause it wouldn't see anything.  Food would be scarce.  Any material and weaponry would be scarce except outside of the main cities.  Players would have to constantly worry about hypothermia.  It would instead of being a action fps; it would instead be a action-survival-stealth fps.  Any and all vaults would be extremely precious even if they were no longer functional.  Openly firing your gun against large forces would be a death sentence.  Even fighting against small groups would be more strategic.  Also your tracks would give you away.

Now imagine having to fight enemies wearing the chinese stealth suit in the middle of a blizzard in the middle of a forest in alaska at -30 degrees celsius WITHOUT VATS.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:59 pm

cb5 wrote:Yeah, but then it would just be a fallout version of metro 2033.

Personally I would like a alaska fallout more cause it would be a fuckton more difficult to survive than any fallout game before.  In a blizzard VATS would be useless.  Food would be scarce.  Any material and weaponry would be scarce except outside of the main cities.  Players would have to constantly worry about hypothermia.  It would instead of being a action fps; it would instead be a action-survival-stealth fps.  Any and all vaults would be extremely precious even if they were no longer functional.  Openly firing your gun against large forces would be a death sentence.  Even fighting against small groups would be more strategic.  Also your tracks would give you away.

It would be a cool game to play, cause now with fallout a group of twenty raiders you just run and gun.

A fallout game in the alaskan wilderness in the middle of a blizzard in a forest you would have to constantly check your pipboy for enemies, slowly approach the camp and throw a grenade, then begin taking out the remaining forces one by one until one of the enemies fire their gun.  Once they fire their gun all hell breaks loose cause then they know where their comrade or you are and will immediately swarm the area.

An alaskan fallout game would be a lot more difficult cause if you run and gunned it then a enemy would just be able to sneak up behind you and blow your head clean off.

Also imagine having to fight enemies wearing the chinese stealth suit in the middle of a blizzard in the middle of a forest.
But then you would be lonely and sad. And not in the good way of lonely and sad. Lonely and sad in the "There's nobody to give me quests, I'm all alone with the bears" way.

It's always been an action-survival-stealth FPS, it just depends on how you play it. The stealth is kinda somewhat really broken, but that's besides the point.

In effect, you kinda just described Metro 2033 mixed with a healthy dose of DayZ and a smidge of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. The tracks mechanic is kinda interesting, but knowing how Bethesda works, it'd probably be really buggy since it'd have to keep track of the footprints of every NPC and beast.

The only other issue I can think of with it would just be that it would be really hard to keep it visually interesting. Fallout 3 also really suffered with that, since it was pretty much just concrete and dirt forever.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Scienza wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Though the most fun I had in the game was when I decided to have Explosives as my main weapon haha.
Unarmed is insane amounts of fun. Impossible starting out, but once you can kill things by punching them to death, you never go back.
I'm currently doing an Unarmed/Survival run. One of the big keys is to try and get all the special Unarmed moves--Scribe Counter, Ranger Takedown, Legion Assault, and Khan Trick. Are there any I'm missing?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:07 pm

No, that's all of them that's not available during normal perk progression. I usually end up with Ranger Takedown and Scribe Counter during a normal game, Khan Trick if I head over to Red Rock before picking a side for the end game. I forced myself to do a more pro Legion run than before for the Assault.

And then I got tired of the Legion and started killing them whole slaughter.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Scienza wrote:But then you would be lonely and sad. And not in the good way of lonely and sad. Lonely and sad in the "There's nobody to give me quests, I'm all alone with the bears" way.

It's always been an action-survival-stealth FPS, it just depends on how you play it. The stealth is kinda somewhat really broken, but that's besides the point.

In effect, you kinda just described Metro 2033 mixed with a healthy dose of DayZ and a smidge of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. The tracks mechanic is kinda interesting, but knowing how Bethesda works, it'd probably be really buggy since it'd have to keep track of the footprints of every NPC and beast.

The only other issue I can think of with it would just be that it would be really hard to keep it visually interesting. Fallout 3 also really suffered with that, since it was pretty much just concrete and dirt forever.
You could make the game more interesting by not having all of alaska explorable and the majority of the missions taking place in the southern part.  What I mean by that is the actual map only being the southern more populated areas of alaska with anchorage and that.  If they did it that way it would actually be pretty busy.  Not DC level of busy, but lots of little towns and such reduced to half broken down buildings that are military or civilian outposts for travel.  Juneau could be the game's version of megaton, and Anchorage could be the game's version of rivet city.  Basically cut anything north of the yukon out of the game and it would be a pretty busy game.

The easy way to fix the track mechanic would be for the tracks to vanish after a set amount of time.  In a blizzard you would leave no tracks, if it's just snowing then the tracks could disappear after a little while.  Having tracks disappear after a minute or two in 0mph wind and not snowing isn't realistic, but it would be easy way to keep the bugs to a minimum.

Also I was thinking about it with more lost planet. How cold a player is effects how well they do. A player in hypothermia would not be able to aim for shit and be shivering like crazy. They could take away a lot of the overpowered perks and replace them with arctic perks. Instead of something like steady aim you would have the perk to resist shivering while shooting. It would still be overpowered, but have perks that let a player resist the cold. If someone is hacking a door and they're in severe hypothermia have them shake like crazy and unable to punch the keys properly. A perk they could introduce to make someone better at this would be for them to be able to keep their hands steady while hacking even in severe hypothermia.

Basically what I mean by the perks is that take out all the overpowered perks and have the cold physically effect how well the character shoots, reacts, runs, and such and have perks that reduce the effects. If someone has maxed out gun stats and perks they're not actually making them shoot more accurately, rather you're making them able to resist shivering while shooting.

Last edited by cb5 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:00 pm

shitty mspaint, but made me giggle a bit : http://derpiboo.ru/443282
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Scienza wrote:
That sounds like something that Veronica would say.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:15 pm

cb5 wrote:
Scienza wrote:But then you would be lonely and sad. And not in the good way of lonely and sad. Lonely and sad in the "There's nobody to give me quests, I'm all alone with the bears" way.

You could make the game more interesting by not having all of alaska explorable and the majority of the missions taking place in the southern part.  What I mean by that is the actual map only being the southern more populated areas of alaska with anchorage and that.  If they did it that way it would actually be pretty busy.  Not DC level of busy, but lots of little towns and such reduced to half broken down buildings that are military or civilian outposts for travel.  Juneau could be the game's version of megaton, and Anchorage could be the game's version of rivet city.  Basically cut anything north of the yukon out of the game and it would be a pretty busy game.

The easy way to fix the track mechanic would be for the tracks to vanish after a set amount of time.  In a blizzard you would leave no tracks, if it's just snowing then the tracks could disappear after a little while.  Having tracks disappear after a minute or two in 0mph wind and not snowing isn't realistic, but it would be easy way to keep the bugs to a minimum.

Also I was thinking about it with more lost planet.  How cold a player is effects how well they do.  A player in hypothermia would not be able to aim for shit and be shivering like crazy.  They could take away a lot of the overpowered perks and replace them with arctic perks.  Instead of something like steady aim you would have the perk to resist shivering while shooting.  It would still be overpowered, but have perks that let a player resist the cold.  If someone is hacking a door and they're in severe hypothermia have them shake like crazy and unable to punch the keys properly.  A perk they could introduce to make someone better at this would be for them to be able to keep their hands steady while hacking even in severe hypothermia.

Basically what I mean by the perks is that take out all the overpowered perks and have the cold physically effect how well the character shoots, reacts, runs, and such and have perks that reduce the effects.  If someone has maxed out gun stats and perks they're not actually making them shoot more accurately, rather you're making them able to resist shivering while shooting.
One of the things is that we've also kinda already been to Alaska, albeit in a pre-war sim. I'd rather see an entirely new setting rather than an updated version of Operation Anchorage.

If you're really set on the whole cold-weather survival thing, the annexed Canada would probably be a more interesting setting.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Louna : http://derpiboo.ru/443307
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:25 pm

On an unrelated note:

Best pone revealing that the very fabric of the cosmos is contained within her perfect mane.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:26 pm

Scienza wrote:One of the things is that we've also kinda already been to Alaska, albeit in a pre-war sim. I'd rather see an entirely new setting rather than an updated version of Operation Anchorage.

If you're really set on the whole cold-weather survival thing, the annexed Canada would probably be a more interesting setting.
Ah, yes, Fallout: Ontario. The Raiders walk up and politely ask if you'd like to give them your things and let them rape you, the law-keeping vigilantes kindly ask them to stop (while, of course, riding horses) and the Enclave doesn't so much poison water and broadcast propaganda as they do fix elections and try to dodge letting the Enclave to the south dragging them into things.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:39 pm

I still vote for Somber's idea for a Fallout game. But that's because he wants it to take place in the South and I can't help but go with that.

Especially since his idea is WAY better than what they slapped together for Point Lookout. Other than something to do related to the Dunwich building and you showing up and bring the fight between Calvert and Desmond to a close, not much going on there.
Other than the glitched inbred hicks that ignored all DT, which I found annoying cause of the stereotype of "of course they degraded into sub human monsters? Haven't you seen Deliverance?"
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Scienza wrote:One of the things is that we've also kinda already been to Alaska, albeit in a pre-war sim. I'd rather see an entirely new setting rather than an updated version of Operation Anchorage.

Ah, yes, Fallout: Ontario. The Raiders walk up and politely ask if you'd like to give them your things and let them rape you, the law-keeping vigilantes kindly ask them to stop (while, of course, riding horses) and the Enclave doesn't so much poison water and broadcast propaganda as they do fix elections and try to dodge letting the Enclave to the south dragging them into things.
I laughed way too hard at this.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next