Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
XT Vengeance
Quotidian
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
O. Hinds
CannonFodder
IncoherentOrange
Meleagridis
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Frost
Ketchup
Kippershy
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Caoimhe
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Admiral Stoic Rum
iLateralGX
Cptadder
27 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:21 pm

@Gender and Sexuality
I'm the vanilla one within my friend group, pretty much. More or less hetero, no particular polyamorous inclinations (don't mind if significant other has 'em, though I haven't got one at the mo'), cisgendered... I do sometimes have to tell people that I'm not asexual. =P I dunno, lol. Life is funny.

EDIT: Valentine's Day is going to be fun, though; all my single friends are going to get smashed because they apparently take it less well than I do (maybe they know what they're missing? =P) and we're going to play video games all night.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Quotidian Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:59 pm

O. Hinds wrote:I'm a bit late to this, but Quantum has been being problematic. Since the subject of sexual orientation came up, I'm curious: does anyone else here identify as undefined?

*cautiously raises hand*

Kind of? I just sort of... like people, I guess.
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Just saying I could go Tibetan monk if I felt like it

Post by Meleagridis Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:33 pm

O. Hinds wrote:I'm a bit late to this, but Quantum has been being problematic. Since the subject of sexual orientation came up, I'm curious: does anyone else here identify as undefined?

I used to tell people that I was asexual, but I've grown unwelcoming to that term. Doesn't roll off the tongue like it used to, and feels more like an itchy hat. Or like a simplified lie. Or overcomplicated, even. I don't want to think that asexual=don't feel like boning, thanks. If someone were to force the issue (though nobody has and I don't think anyone ever will) then I would paraphrase a great thinker of our time.

"Just 'cause I don't want to have sex now doesn't mean I never want to have sex."

Or something along those lines.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:41 pm

Quotidian wrote:

*cautiously raises hand*

Kind of? I just sort of... like people, I guess.

I'm as Bi as the word comes. Though it's an odd way. Sometimes I'll have streaks in witch I am totally straight and others where I am completely gay and most of the time I muddle in-between. I tend to have crushes more often on men, though that is more because there are more men that I am friends with and are comfortable around.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:51 pm

By the way, KIPPER YOU ARE FAMOUS!

Go to 5:50
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:56 pm

Meleagridis wrote:"Just 'cause I don't want to have sex now doesn't mean I never want to have sex."

Or something along those lines.
And therein lies the difference between asexuality and celibacy. A celibate or merely disinterested person chooses not to have sex, for whatever reason, but has the same emotions and attractions as a normal person and may change their mind later without serious problems (unless they did something drastic like castrate themself, I guess). Just as a completely heterosexual person is not attracted to people of their gender, and a completely homosexual person is not attracted to people of the opposite gender, an asexual person is not sexually attracted to anyone. Ever.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:19 am

I feel like a dork. The noise from the TV is so loud that I've resorted to wearing earphones without them being plugged in. XD

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:05 am

O. Hinds wrote:I'm a bit late to this, but Quantum has been being problematic. Since the subject of sexual orientation came up, I'm curious: does anyone else here identify as undefined? (To explain, I basically just decided that the whole subject was so complex and unimportant that applying categories wasn't worth it. I like to think that I'm following the example of Captain Jack Harkness, minus actually being sexually or romantically active. :))
It ties into gender as well as sex

Heterosexual: A person that identifies their gender as their sex and sexually attracted to the opposite gender.
Bisexual: A person that identifies their gender as their sex and sexually attracted to both the male and female genders.
Homosexual: A person that identifies their gender as their sex and sexually attracted to the same gender.
Pansexual: A person that identifies their gender as their sex and sexually attracted to people not based on gender.
Asexual: A person not attracted to people sexually. They can have romantic relationships though. A relationship isn't necessarily sexual.

Gender=/=sex

Gender is what sex you identify as, whereas sex is what you have between your pants. For someone that is transgender and identifies as female, but hasn't gone through the operation completely, their gender is female and their sex is male. For someone that is transgender and identifies as male, but hasn't gone through the operation completely, their gender is male and their sex is female. A individual who's gender is neither male or female or their sex is neither is intersex, or between sexes.

Also it really really sucks to be transgender. Without going to much into it, not all transgender are crazies by the way the moral crusaders are frigging annoying to death, I just call myself straight even though I identify as female am biologically male(well eventually go through all that after I graduate) and I call myself straight even though I like women to avoid the weirdos even though that's not technically accurate. Seriously. . . The amount of filth I get in inboxes from horny dudes on the internet equates to bathroom graffiti. There's more transgender people out there than you think, it's just sometimes the internet can be disturbing.

I can go into this for a long time, but it's better to go through this instead-
1)Are not sexually attracted to anyone?
Yes)Asexual
No)continue to number 2
2)Are you sexually attracted to someone regardless of their gender and sexually attracted to those that fall outside gender norms such as transgender or intersex?
Yes)Pansexual
No)continue to number 3
3)Are you sexually attracted to both defined genders?
Yes)Bisexual
No)Continue to number 4
4)Are you sexually attracted to the individuals of the same gender?
Yes)Homosexual
No)Heterosexual
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:45 am

swicked wrote:I was not attracted to anyone, then I met my spouse. That isn't to say I don't still have a fairly diminished sex drive, though.
Anyway, whatever that is. I honestly didn't expect to find anyone before then, and I'm pretty sure I was okay with that.

CannonFodder, my best friend is transgendered, I feel your pain by proxy.
Well the terminologies aren't absolutes. They're relativistic points describing common sexualities and such. Aka the kinsey scale. A lot of people aren't 100% straight and a lot of people aren't 100% gay. If someone says they are then in all probability they're lying. According to kinsey I think somewhere around 14% of people would technically be bisexual. It's just that with social norms they go, "well I may think (insert person of same gender) is super hot and would be willing to go at it with them, but that doesn't make me gay". The average score on the kinsey scale is a 1, meaning straight, very very rarely does someone ever score a perfect 0 and very rarely does someone score a perfect 6.

Basically the societal norms push towards people in extremes in terms of identifying their sexuality. Just look at bisexuals, they have to deal with bisexual erasure and society trying to tell people that bisexuality doesn't exist and saying that you're either straight or gay.

There's a reason why transgender don't openly talk to others about it often times and for further rights rely primarily on piggybacking on the gay rights movement for more rights. Cause half of the people "supporting" transgender rights go, "hey bby I got your back. . . Sooo. . I just met you and this is crazy, but how about you and I *censored* *censored* while *censored* *censored* in the street while *censored* *censored* with a trombone and *censored* *censored* while on a cop car while you *censored* *censored* and wearing *censored* *censored*.

I don't really care if someone like transgender, just if they do want to flirt they should treat the person like a person and not a $2 hooker you met behind the convenience store.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:09 am

@CannonFodder
Aye, the fetishization of identities can be problematic, to say the least. It doesn't have to be, I think, but it often is. (I think that's the sort of thing you're talking about; could be wrong, my head is currently in "codecodecode" mode) Anyway, like swicked, I've got friends who are trans, and I'm sympathetic.

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:28 am

Oh on the topic of fighting is magic it turns out someone worked on the evo2k build to add in ai and multiplayer. It works and everything, there's just no finished story mode or fluttershy or rainbow dash.

The good news is chances are there's a group working on finishing it. The guy who made the modded evo2k version says he may or may not continue work on it, but won't tell us anything. Chances are a couple months from now we're going to see a finished version from someone else. If the latest build gets leaked then we may see a finished version even sooner since mane6 were practically done. All it would take is for one of them to hand it to someone else under the table. Maybe get in contact with the person who made the modded version and send it to him since they're already like 95% of the way done.

So psst keep quite so hasbro doesn't find out.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:49 am

@CannonFodder
To be honest I hope that the Mane6 can get permission to keep doing this. They already have most of it finished, and they're the ones balancing everything.

Thing that makes me mad the most aside from that lateness of the C&D is the fact that they haven't actually said anything public. Instead, they're clamming up. And the Mane6 can't just leak their stuff. Heck, even with the evo2k build leak they might get in trouble if Hasbro decides they need to point the finger at someone.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:19 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@CannonFodder
To be honest I hope that the Mane6 can get permission to keep doing this. They already have most of it finished, and they're the ones balancing everything.

Thing that makes me mad the most aside from that lateness of the C&D is the fact that they haven't actually said anything public. Instead, they're clamming up. And the Mane6 can't just leak their stuff. Heck, even with the evo2k build leak they might get in trouble if Hasbro decides they need to point the finger at someone.
While legally it could happen suing someone for the acts of another person would not fly in court. Such a precedent isn't unique or unheard of, but legally it would be ill advised to go, "The prosecution has one compelling piece of evidence for why our side is correct and the defendant belongs in prison, someone else not affiliated with the person committed said violation of the law and thus the defendant is guilty". It's not far-fetched, but it would be a very dumb move legally cause it's more complicated than just throwing money at lawyers and winning a case. They would have to build up a case with circumstantial evidence and it would require essentially having a kangaroo court.

It wouldn't be unprecedented, but would require hasbro to buy out the jury, judge and pay mane6's lawyer/s to intentionally bomb their case as well as build up a case of essentially manufactured evidence.

A easier way to rig the case would be to freeze mane6's bank accounts and thus block their ability to hire a decent lawyer.

It's not impossible and not unheard of, it's just far more complicated than you are implying. In order to rig our justice system it takes serious effort. I could talk your ear off about how corrupt individuals rig our justice system and how they get away with it, but the short version is that it's not easy.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 am

GODDAMN IT I have wanted people to do this since forever. And this is, incidentally, part of how I'd go about starting to make an AI, by the way. So that's cool. Sorry for derail of conversation, I'm just excited. =P

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:10 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:GODDAMN IT I have wanted people to do this since forever. And this is, incidentally, part of how I'd go about starting to make an AI, by the way. So that's cool. Sorry for derail of conversation, I'm just excited. =P
hell, it's about time
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:18 am

tylertoon2 wrote:By the way, KIPPER YOU ARE FAMOUS!

Go to 5:50

ahahhaha, oh god.
I actually have that game too. My biggest fan bought it for me.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:07 pm

RoboRed wrote:Back on the topic of the music game, see if you guys can find a scene for this:
Orbital - Nothing Left pt.1
The opening, I thought "another 'desolation' theme ? How many different ones can we find ?..."

Then, the rest of the music happened.

I'd say "something something battle against robots"

Hmmm... [PH] => The Ultra-Sentinel chase after the Hippocratic Research sequence, the final two minutes being the climax & victory, and the final breakdown being when they finally escape the Metro & return to the surface ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:16 pm

This made me think of Project Horizons near the end. Around here I feel obliged to warn that it's not a silly video.

It's a TED talk:
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:43 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Tumblr_mi6ammVTFp1rp67qzo2_500

source (warning : NSFW tumblr)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:43 pm

I just found this comic:
Spoiler:
pure genius
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Remind me which fic that other mare come from, already ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Remind me which fic that other mare come from, already ?
that's Silver Storm/Hired Gun from FOE: Heroes
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Ah, yeah, that one is still on my "to read" list.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:GODDAMN IT I have wanted people to do this since forever. And this is, incidentally, part of how I'd go about starting to make an AI, by the way. So that's cool. Sorry for derail of conversation, I'm just excited. =P
That sounds awesome.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:39 pm

stringtheory wrote:I just found this comic:
Spoiler:
pure genius
A crossover of those two would be epic. A crossover of puppysmiles and hired gun would have hired taking a med-x just to calm down.
That reminds me where are all the places madmax posts art anyhow? I know her da, but that's it.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:42 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
stringtheory wrote:I just found this comic:
Spoiler:
pure genius
A crossover of those two would be epic. A crossover of puppysmiles and hired gun would have hired taking a med-x just to calm down.
That reminds me where are all the places madmax posts art anyhow? I know her da, but that's it.
IIRC, this is a separate comic artist who just uses her art/she makes it for them
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Hey, Valikdu :

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 P9LK6lE

Poutine needs you to feed him your love.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:43 pm

I read up to chapter 7 of Heroes at the end of my read-all-the-big-Fo:E-stories marathon, and stopped. I had intended to pick it back up, but something caused me not to. Maybe it was Broken Bonds, or more PH.
Regardless, I liked Pink Eyes more, from what I read.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:44 pm

I've heard lots of similar complaints, Swicked.

I don't know who here else is familiar with the "Chess Game Of The Gods" universe, but it's apparently about a bunch of gods selecting and empowering mortals as "pawns" to go to various dimensions (though the stories obviously focus on Equestria) and do their bidding.

Naturally, most authors neglect the opportunity for their characters to struggle-- between free will and service to their gods, trying to fit in while spying and fighting, trying to remain unseen as they conduct ear in the shadows-- in favor of making overpowered wish-fulfillment vehicles
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Poutine needs you to feed him your love.

I'm pretty sure that he wants me to put Americans into green slime pods and take their love.

swicked wrote:Big ugly rant-like thing

In the name of Celestia's juicy plot, THIS. You are speaking the absolute truth.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next