Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

What did you do during the siege of Columbia?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What did you do during the siege of Columbia?

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:32 am

The radar range and the Tommy gun. Tommy gun is only new to infinite of course and while it performs differently it still fills the same role as the repeater.

I heard there was a laser weapon in minerva's den for bioshock 2 but I didn't keep that game around long enough to play that.

As for what I missed depends what you're talking about:

Spoiler:
Are you talking about being Comstock? Because if you are I probably should have seen it. The basin probably was a dead give away for you, but I initially confused it for the tub you see in the beginnning of infinite. You know? The one Booker refuses to wash his face in? Besides that the two speak differently. So even if I had not been confused I would have dismissed it.

As for Elizabeth AKA Comstock Hunter or that's what I've heard people call her, I personally don't adopt that theory. I saw no clues for it. Yeah she's pretty cold to you, but I think they should have re recorded her combat lines/ lockpicking lines. She sounds like she's happily helping you along. Adding some reluctance to her voice may have helped a bit.

Later there's a scene where she clearly takes her sweet ass time unlocking a door while splicers attack you, Maybe I should've picked it up then. But it's only one scene.

Personally. I enjoyed this DLC. So I'm not intending to complain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guarddogjr on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:24 am

The radar range is in the bistro behind a code locked door. Code is on an audio dairy.
Guarddogjr
The Chicken Man

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name: Azure Sunrise
Sex: female
Species: Hippogryph

Back to top Go down

Post by Guarddogjr on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M5Tbos3M1g

EEEEEEE! New Trailer. No date yet, but still EEEEE!
Guarddogjr
The Chicken Man

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guarddogjr on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:41 am

A little more news episode 2 is said to be about 5-6 hours long.
Guarddogjr
The Chicken Man

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guarddogjr on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:39 pm

One final post, The release date is set for March 25th.
Guarddogjr
The Chicken Man

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:29 am

Hands-down, the best critical commentary on this game I have seen thus far:

http://www.youtube.com/v/Pu6ixyJ_Y-0

Last edited by swicked on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Mind posting the link to the video Swicked? Embeds don't work for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:59 pm

I finally played episode 2.

Kay, so, because revenge was so very important to Elizabeth she decided to kill her father slash best friend for the sake of making sure the guy who was so personally terrible to her, apparently, never exists. Okay, sure. I mean, the guy was awful and had terrible plans for the future, but the characters never claimed they were doing all this for the common good, and they definitely killed the guy well before he bombed new york or whatever. Or Elizabeth did. One of the two.
If they were trying to prevent that from happening in any eventuality, they were already too late, Booker personally saw one in which it came to fruition, so there's no way around it.

Anyway, she kills all of the Comstocks. Except one. Somehow.
Because he jumped realities too, I guess? But that was still temporally after he came into existance and they killed every other one prior to his ever being baptised, which he had been, so... never mind.
This one killed a version of her and he was so horrified by his actions he abandoned his old life and went to live in Rapture, taking in a little girl and trying to save her when she is kidnapped. Pitiable, I guess?

"Revenge" is so important to Elizabeth, though, that she has to track this guy down, pretend like she's interested in helping him, manipulate him and end up helping burn the little girl he was trying to save terribly and then have a monster kill him... and herself, because the thing was a monster. So surprised.

Now she feels so bad about all of this idiocy she, apparently, crosses back over her own timeline, causing herself to become trapped as a normal human being. She decides she has to save the girl... somehow. And dies for it. Something I can't imagine shouldn't have been entirely avoidable given how many freaking guys she killed prior to being clubbed to death.

This plot is terrible and I hate everyone in it.
The only question I would have is, given she ends up jumping dimensions using the whatchamacallit device in the middle of the game, why didn't she stick her finger through the portal and kick off the machine when she first got it working? Or right after she came back through? Boom, her existence is now spread across multiple dimensions, she potentially has tear powers again. I don't care if it wouldn't have worked for reasons I cannot fathom, she simply never tried it and I don't understand any in-universe reason why. Unless she never overheard the audio logs explaining that the loss of her finger likely lead to her powers. But then, she notices her finger is back when she has no powers. Sigh... she's stupid.

This game just got less satisfying with every new piece they added onto it. I'm seriously glad it's over.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top