Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Sindri wrote:
swicked wrote:Kay.
Still curious what moonstone does, exactly, then. What specifically is reacting since starmetal has a single magical frequency and ichor has all but that specific one.
It's not canceling out the frequency, its disturbing its ability to stay physical. It's making it break up into star motes, soul pieces and memories. I thought it might be some kind of magical enzyme, activating the natural process of large, old stars to give up their energy.

I'm just not sure what energy could be in the moon rocks... after all, they otherwise appear to be pretty much mundane.
Well, IIRC the moon was created by the impact of a star, which tried and failed to destroy the Eater alone. Its last act was an attempt to annihilate a specific target, so if that was accomplished through some manipulation of its own nature, it would make sense for its "corpse" to have an adverse effect on the same target. If I had to guess, I'd go with something along the lines of it "resonating" on the same frequency as the Eater but offset by a half wavelength so wherever they intersect there's destructive interference.
Hm, same tune but out of phase? Interesting idea...
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:08 pm

Sindri wrote:
swicked wrote:Kay.
Still curious what moonstone does, exactly, then. What specifically is reacting since starmetal has a single magical frequency and ichor has all but that specific one.
It's not canceling out the frequency, its disturbing its ability to stay physical. It's making it break up into star motes, soul pieces and memories. I thought it might be some kind of magical enzyme, activating the natural process of large, old stars to give up their energy.

I'm just not sure what energy could be in the moon rocks... after all, they otherwise appear to be pretty much mundane.
Well, IIRC the moon was created by the impact of a star, which tried and failed to destroy the Eater alone. Its last act was an attempt to annihilate a specific target, so if that was accomplished through some manipulation of its own nature, it would make sense for its "corpse" to have an adverse effect on the same target. If I had to guess, I'd go with something along the lines of it "resonating" on the same frequency as the Eater but offset by a half wavelength so wherever they intersect there's destructive interference.
When stars die they blow up into smaller stars, though, so... buh. I guess either the eater, or it, found a way for it to die, then, as well as somehow become more potent than the eater, or less potent, or something by doing the same thing it does (resonating on one frequency) but having the vastly different effect of being able to cancel out the eater in 1 part per 1000.
Maybe the only way the eater CAN stay together is by staying on its frequency. If it used more than one note, it would become many notes, then many stars. One note, one star.
So moonstone's destructive note(s) forces it to change frequencies, or prevents it from making its note?

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:03 am

swicked wrote:I'm just not sure what energy could be in the moon rocks... after all, they otherwise appear to be pretty much mundane.
Souls.
But by chance a world, green and rife with the tiny specks of ghost light, drifted too near. The twisted remains curved towards it, speeding as they plunged towards the highest snow-capped mountain. The blast shattered the great peak, blasting it apart into flying stone. [...] Those fragile motes and their infant songs were snuffed out in an instant.
From the great impact a ring of stone formed, the pieces drawing together to collect the tiny specks of life.

Like the gems Goldie pointed out in his paleontology lesson, the moon is supercharged with the souls of the pre-sentient creatures that once inhabited Equestria.

If I had to guess why moonstone hurts the Eater of Souls, here's my theory. Goldie said that "the meteoric iron doesn’t cancel; it somehow eliminates the waves of others. You can cast every spell you want at it and it will simply destroy the magic, releasing great amounts of energy as it does so." Sure, it blocks mortal magic. That's just a soul projecting its frequency into the universe. It's like a fly hitting a Mack truck. But what happens when you bring the soul itself into direct contact? Maybe that's "dense" enough to do some damage, like shooting a truck with a bullet. One might not be more than an annoyance, but hit it with enough of them, and you're bound to eventually tear into something vital.

It may well have something to do with Luna being attuned to the moon, as well -- she's a celestial soul, like the EoS. While mortal souls can't be consumed by the EoS, we know they can reinforce its song. So it stands to reason that they could reinforce Luna, too, or vice versa. Maybe that gives moonstone a sort of "armor piercing" effect against the Eater, able to breach its defenses because it's a little bit "like" the Eater, but so fundamentally unlike it that the Eater's frequency is disrupted out of all proportion to the soul attacking it.

And while I may be ascribing the EoS more intelligence than it has, I have to wonder if that's why Luna was the one tempted by its power...
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:15 am

Quotidian wrote:Disregarding the difficulties inherent in any multigenerational project, the Eater is at least semi sentient, right? I doubt it would sit there and take that for a century. Then again, who knows what that thing wants?
This was my first thought. Last time they poked the Eater with a stick to use it as a power source, it turned the Enervation up to eleven. It's a good idea in theory, but I'd worry about how the Eater might be able to strike back against a slow bleed like this.

O. Hinds wrote:No need to disregard them, I think; we've got two practically-immortals (possibly three, if this other universe gets Twilicorn) in charge of things.
You're assuming Twilicorn is in fact immortal. I'm not sure that's the case. Cadence appears to have aged at a normal rate from teen to adult and had no apparent misgivings about marrying Shining.

O. Hinds wrote:[wikis China syndrome]
That... makes no sense. Okay, maybe, maybe a really bad meltdown could reach the mantle (though those natural reactors in Gabon didn't do that, which calls even that into question), and maybe it could somehow reach the opposite crust without just dispersing. I really, really don't see it penetrating a little way in, not unless it by chance came up in a volcano. Why was this ever thought plausible?
Yeah, the fuel would have to maintain that extreme heat output without vaporizing or getting diluted enough by molten rock enough to slow the reaction. I don't think anyone educated ever worried about it melting through anything beyond floor of the containment building.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:41 am

SilentCarto wrote:Like the gems Goldie pointed out in his paleontology lesson, the moon is supercharged with the souls of the pre-sentient creatures that once inhabited Equestria.

Wait. Holy shit. Assuming Project Horizons is what I think it is, Goldie planned on killing the Eater, a semi-sentient eldritch abomination, by throwing a moon made of dinosaur souls at it?

That is the coolest thing I've ever heard.
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:01 am

Anyone have rough sketch or anything of the like for Hoofington? Thinking about making a small map for the city, nothing fancy but just something to wrap my brain around when I don't remember/recognize a place.
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:30 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Quotidian wrote:Disregarding the difficulties inherent in any multigenerational project, the Eater is at least semi sentient, right? I doubt it would sit there and take that for a century. Then again, who knows what that thing wants?
This was my first thought. Last time they poked the Eater with a stick to use it as a power source, it turned the Enervation up to eleven. It's a good idea in theory, but I'd worry about how the Eater might be able to strike back against a slow bleed like this.
Hm... Possibly, but that time they were trying to work with it, were they not? Extracting energy from it and its soul-eating. This would be collecting the energy released from its destruction. You probably are right, though, that we don't know enough about its capabilities...

SilentCarto wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:No need to disregard them, I think; we've got two practically-immortals (possibly three, if this other universe gets Twilicorn) in charge of things.
You're assuming Twilicorn is in fact immortal. I'm not sure that's the case. Cadence appears to have aged at a normal rate from teen to adult and had no apparent misgivings about marrying Shining.
Is it not explicitly said in the episode, though, that Twilight is a new type of alicorn (thus wasting this chance to explain Cadence)?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 am

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:
Is it not explicitly said in the episode, though, that Twilight is a new type of alicorn (thus wasting this chance to explain Cadence)?

I can't find that, just that nopony had ever created new magic before (what? need some explanation there) and that Rarity didn't know it was possible to become an alicorn. So we don't know if the Royal Pony Sisters are different from Cadence, or if she is different from Twilight. As for wasting chances to explain Cadence, they've been doing that for nearly a year now, and the same for the Sisters since 2010, so that's basically par for the course.

Anyway, as far as I can recall, Shining hasn't made an appearance, and no one has mentioned him by name--much less name and race--in FoE/PH; for all we know, Cadence (who may have only appeared offscreen to date, and never confirmed as any sort of alicorn) married and had a foal with someone, who may or may not have been named Shining Armor, and who may or may not be related to Twilight, of the same race as herself. Whether that would be another (just) unicorn (or pegasus, or earth pony) or another alicorn is unclear.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:39 am

Exodus Hero wrote:Anyone have rough sketch or anything of the like for Hoofington? Thinking about making a small map for the city, nothing fancy but just something to wrap my brain around when I don't remember/recognize a place.
I think Hinds and Silentcarto have done some mapmaking of the area.
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Exodus Hero wrote:Anyone have rough sketch or anything of the like for Hoofington? Thinking about making a small map for the city, nothing fancy but just something to wrap my brain around when I don't remember/recognize a place.
I think Hinds and Silentcarto have done some mapmaking of the area.
Silentcarto has, but I have not (unless you count the area around Hoofington on my Equestria map, I guess).
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:52 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:

I can't find that, just that nopony had ever created new magic before (what? need some explanation there) and that Rarity didn't know it was possible to become an alicorn. So we don't know if the Royal Pony Sisters are different from Cadence, or if she is different from Twilight. As for wasting chances to explain Cadence, they've been doing that for nearly a year now, and the same for the Sisters since 2010, so that's basically par for the course.

Anyway, as far as I can recall, Shining hasn't made an appearance, and no one has mentioned him by name--much less name and race--in FoE/PH; for all we know, Cadence (who may have only appeared offscreen to date, and never confirmed as any sort of alicorn) married and had a foal with someone, who may or may not have been named Shining Armor, and who may or may not be related to Twilight, of the same race as herself. Whether that would be another (just) unicorn (or pegasus, or earth pony) or another alicorn is unclear.
Yeah, it looks to me that the twilicorn thing was a bit of executive meddling to try to sell more toys, and never thought through particularly well. In FoE, Twilight is very clearly not an alicorn until Unity, and the Princesses are special. In PH, Cadence is mentioned in passing but never appears or is specified to a type, and Celestia and Luna were spawned from a different star than the rest of Equestrian life.

In the show itself... bluh. I am very close to giving up on trying to figure out the mechanics, because I've clearly already put more thought into it than those responsible. Celestia and Luna are immortal, but Cadence aged visibly in just a few short years. Twilight got wings for patching up a spell somepony else created, while Starswirl created books full of spells and got nothing but a classy beard. If alicorn status can just be handed out as a promotion or reward, why are there so few, what did Cadence do to qualify before she even reached adulthood, and why didn't Starswirl? Are Luna and Celestia something different from other alicorns, or do they all become immortal and gain cosmic power?

It doesn't help that the writers have pretty much said that they didn't plan for alicornication at the end of this season, and Cadence was originally a unicorn by word of Faust.

Yeah, unless season four finally gives us a bloody explanation of something, I think that season three has pretty much gone AU from the previous seasons where things made sense.
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:26 pm

Sindri wrote:Twilight got wings for patching up a spell somepony else created, while Starswirl created books full of spells and got nothing but a classy beard. If alicorn status can just be handed out as a promotion or reward, why are there so few, what did Cadence do to qualify before she even reached adulthood, and why didn't Starswirl? Are Luna and Celestia something different from other alicorns, or do they all become immortal and gain cosmic power?
Maybe the "creating" in "creating new magic" was literal? As in, SStB was just discovering extant effects of poking the universe in certain ways, while Twilight actually changed the laws of physics? I don't know.

Does anyone else here tend to get really, really angry at Hasbro for doing their best to ruin possibly one of the best modern arguments for capitalism?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:25 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Does anyone else here tend to get really, really angry at Hasbro for doing their best to ruin possibly one of the best modern arguments for capitalism?
...I can honestly say that has never been the reason I have gotten mad at Hasbro.
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Starswirl is male. There are no male alicorns, as then they'd be princesses, and that'd just be weird.

*shrug*

That or it's all a shell game of the celestial sisters, making others alicorns for their own reasons and only making it seem like there are legitimate ways to achieve it.
Cadence was needed to stabqlize the crystal empire, so she was raised and molded by Celestia to do so, just like Sparkle, just given alicorn status early.

Twilight being ascended was more involved, but still unneccessary. The spell only swapped cutie marks, nothing more. "Completed", Celestia just turned her into an alicorn then patted her on the back and said she did it herself with a clearly false statement like calling it the first "new" magic and that it's never been done before. Twilight's a syncophant, she won't question the explanation as long as an explanation is given at all.

Celestia's been plenty manipulative and deceptive in the past, we've just underestimated the degree :P
...because, honestly, conspiracy is the best un-universe explanation I can come up with, at this point.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:31 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Does anyone else here tend to get really, really angry at Hasbro for doing their best to ruin possibly one of the best modern arguments for capitalism?
What, that everyone except for the people who succeed are terrible and deserve to be exploited? Trollestia No, can't say that's ever happened.
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Sindri wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Does anyone else here tend to get really, really angry at Hasbro for doing their best to ruin possibly one of the best modern arguments for capitalism?
...I can honestly say that has never been the reason I have gotten mad at Hasbro.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
What, that everyone except for the people who succeed are terrible and deserve to be exploited? Trollestia No, can't say that's ever happened.
It's just... I know that there are benefits to capitalism, but modern American capitalist society seems to very often be arguing for its own abolition. FiM was and to a large extent still is an example of a really, really good product of capitalism, but meddling for the sake of shortsighted profit over quality is working to undermine that.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:30 pm

When a company makes something like FiM, call me a cynic, but I think it's all-too-often a happy accident. The execs sure as hell didn't expect it to be as good as it was when they started out, after all.
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Not so much: I think that there's a formula that has a pretty high success rate for making good derivative shows.
1. Find creators who love the source material.
2. Tell them to make the show they always wanted to.
3. STFU and get out of the way (except to tell them to follow standards and practices).
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Sometimes you have to trust the workers to polish the product as much as they can before they are forced to let it be sold. There are still companies out there that are very much concerned about quality, but sadly many are struggling to keep their quality high enough to outweigh the extreme affordability of cheap knockoffs.
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Not so much: I think that there's a formula that has a pretty high success rate for making good derivative shows.
3. STFU and get out of the way (except to tell them to follow standards and practices).
And it worked great for as long as they followed that formula; the problems came when they forgot about step 3.
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by CD on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Sindri wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Not so much: I think that there's a formula that has a pretty high success rate for making good derivative shows.
And it worked great for as long as they followed that formula; the problems came when they forgot about step 3.

Does any company remember step 3? Ever? Electronic Arts build a reputation of going against this rule as hard as they could. And how did that work out for them? Multiple franchises ruined forever. Never change a winning horse.
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:49 pm

CD wrote:Does any company remember step 3? Ever? Electronic Arts build a reputation of going against this rule as hard as they could. And how did that work out for them? Multiple franchises ruined forever. Never change a winning horse.
Valve is great. Bethesda mostly has it. Really EA is the worst possible example, but there are a lot of companies out there actively not being derptarded cocks.
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Warner Brothers is pretty good. Think the original DCAU run, which was over a decade of solidly good programming. Even more recently, Batman: The Brave and the Bold has been great, and I've tended to hear nothing but good things about the direct to DVD movies. The major interference, I understand, has been cancelling shows, which I think is a different animal altogether.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CD on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Sindri wrote:
CD wrote:Does any company remember step 3? Ever? Electronic Arts build a reputation of going against this rule as hard as they could. And how did that work out for them? Multiple franchises ruined forever. Never change a winning horse.
Valve is great. Bethesda mostly has it. Really EA is the worst possible example, but there are a lot of companies out there actively not being derptarded cocks.

I'm not a fan of Valve, so I wouldn't know. Bethesda... eh. Fallout 3 did deserve its share of criticism from purists despite the fun I had/have with it, but New Vegas was Obsidian's work. I never liked Oblivion as much as Morrowind, and Skyrim I just can't seem to get into. I suppose if I had to name a company that still holds my interest, it's Blizzard, but their online play policy and Mists of Pandaria have really turned me off from them to. Of course, I blame Activision for being the executive meddlers for that, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with Blizzard to. I'm probably overlooking a lot of those other, smaller companies here, but if I can't remember them as a positive example, they're not all that impressive to me anyway.
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Quotidian wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Like the gems Goldie pointed out in his paleontology lesson, the moon is supercharged with the souls of the pre-sentient creatures that once inhabited Equestria.

Wait. Holy shit. Assuming Project Horizons is what I think it is, Goldie planned on killing the Eater, a semi-sentient eldritch abomination, by throwing a moon made of dinosaur souls at it?

That is the coolest thing I've ever heard.
How about a wizard private eye riding a polka-powered zombie T-Rex to stop a body-swapping necromancer from ascending to godhood on Halloween?
This awesome:

O. Hinds wrote:Hm... Possibly, but that time they were trying to work with it, were they not? Extracting energy from it and its soul-eating. This would be collecting the energy released from its destruction.
It's not clear how the Tokomare works. While it's probably exploiting the same-frequency, different-amplitude trick that Horse demonstrated with the "hammer", it's somehow inducing the Eater to release energy. Maybe it's the evil-zombie-star version of throwing up? Point is, they started sucking energy out, and it responded by drawing energy (souls) in. That's how I interpret it, anyway. I would assume it would react the same way to injury, considering that a dissolving chip of starmetal gives off the same psychic scream that's normally associated with Enervation. I suspect that experimentation would reveal that any starmetal not directly consumed in the annihilation reaction emits an E-field as it dissolves.

O. Hinds wrote:Is it not explicitly said in the episode, though, that Twilight is a new type of alicorn (thus wasting this chance to explain Cadence)?
Nope. The only reference is Rarity's comment that, "You've become an alicorn! I didn't even know that was possible!"

Icy Shake wrote:just that nopony had ever created new magic before (what? need some explanation there)
Well, Twilight successfully completed a spell that directly affected Destiny itself. Something that was able, even in its incomplete form, to scramble the essence of who a pony is. In other words, it's not standard unicorn magic. It's something other, a whole new branch of magic whose surface was only scratched by Starswirl.

That said... Celestia may not have been entirely truthful in that, since she and Luna "discovered" the Elements of Harmony to use against Discord, and they seem to dwell in that same branch of magic. It would certainly explain why Starswirl's spell specifically latched onto the Elements and scrambled their bearers.

Sindri wrote:Twilight got wings for patching up a spell somepony else created, while Starswirl created books full of spells and got nothing but a classy beard. If alicorn status can just be handed out as a promotion or reward, why are there so few, what did Cadence do to qualify before she even reached adulthood, and why didn't Starswirl? Are Luna and Celestia something different from other alicorns, or do they all become immortal and gain cosmic power?
My headcanon: Twilight didn't get wings for fixing the spell. She got wings for achieving enlightenment in the process of fixing the spell. It's like getting a cutie mark -- Pinkie Pie didn't earn her cutie mark for throwing a nice party, the party was the external event that triggered her internal realization of what she wanted to do/was meant to do with her life.

swicked wrote:"Completed", Celestia just turned her into an alicorn then patted her on the back and said she did it herself with a clearly false statement like calling it the first "new" magic and that it's never been done before. Twilight's a syncophant, she won't question the explanation as long as an explanation is given at all.
*facehoof*
Celestia didn't turn Twilight into an alicorn. She showed up to explain what the hell Twilight was doing in the Astral Plane, then Twilight's soul popped out and reformatted her body. Celestia's horn never lit up once.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Mine is here, though I haven't updated it in some time. The locations of places that aren't marked in red are straight from the horse's mouth, though.

Dash clapping
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:11 pm

@SilentCarto:
Hm... Good points. On the annihilation thing, I wonder what the range of the EoS is without boosting... it might be enough to just abandon the area and have the power systems run by robots.
...Unnnnless Cognitum was corrupted and/or created directly, which is one of the things that I don't know. Hm. Okay, not enough information.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:16 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
swicked wrote:"Completed", Celestia just turned her into an alicorn then patted her on the back and said she did it herself with a clearly false statement like calling it the first "new" magic and that it's never been done before. Twilight's a syncophant, she won't question the explanation as long as an explanation is given at all.
*facehoof*
Celestia didn't turn Twilight into an alicorn. She showed up to explain what the hell Twilight was doing in the Astral Plane, then Twilight's soul popped out and reformatted her body. Celestia's horn never lit up once.
Celestia's ancient, she may play by different magic rules, or at least know others besides horn, potion or amulet magic. That just proves the spell would have to at least be more complicated to cast than the typical focus-hard-enough-and-it-happens way.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:38 pm

swicked wrote:Celestia's ancient, she may play by different magic rules, or at least know others besides horn, potion or amulet magic. That just proves the spell would have to at least be more complicated to cast than the typical focus-hard-enough-and-it-happens way.
I'm not going to assume she has nebulous powers that she has never demonstrated, mentioned, or suggested. She did, though, use her regular old everyday unicorn magic to call up Starswirl's journal for a visual aid.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:48 pm

Let's just say the more ridiculous additions Hasbro inserts into the universe, the more ridiculous conclusions I'm willing to jump to to justify stuff that doesn't make sense no matter how you slice it :P

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top