Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
WovenTales
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Caoimhe
RoboRed
CannonFodder
iLateralGX
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Plasticube
Kippershy
Quotidian
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Stringtheory
Kattlarv
Frost
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Harmony Ltd.
27 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:20 am

Valikdu wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:The most I can say is that Chat is a very selfish person with an overblown ego and does a lot of whining in its journals. I'll let the others get into the specifics but that's the gist of it.

Let me put it this way.

The original TCB was called "misanthropic". That's probably due to the original author, Blaze, not being a very good writer (as he didn't intend it to be so).

Now, Chatoyance's stories are called even *more* misanthropic, and he/she admits it to be completely intended. That alone would not warrant calling him/her names, but he/she also freely admits to this reflecting his/her own views. The stories aren't even real stories, they're just huge author-tracts about how much humans (especially men, as we apparently commit 98% of all violence...) suck.
Also, he/she calls self "a unicorn trapped in a human's body". That goes greatly with another statement about how "ponies are greater beings than humans, and as such are free to do with them whatever they want".

And after all that, Chat is convinced that his/her views represent the absolute truth and that everyone must love him/her for it.

I once heard that the worst evil is committed by those who believe they are doing the right thing. I feel that applies here in a way.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by 222222 Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:57 am

Well here I am at school at eight in the morning to work tables for Little League wrestling for the next eight or so hours. I am fully expecting at least forty percent casualties for my table workers, as the type of parent to make a five year old kid wrestle is the type of parent to get up in your face and bite it off because the referee made a bad call or the parents score for the match doesn't match your score. The coaches often aren't better, either. If I am not back in at most none hours, assume the worst.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:20 pm

See, if there's one thing I have difficulties with, from a morale standpoint, it's competetitive sport before age 7-10.

You can make all the cases you want about sport teaching children values and stuff, my problem is that it more than anything else it teach them a worldview where there are winners and losers, and where they are in competition with others in order to be winner and not loser themselves.

That's a thing I have a big problem with. We don't need more people with that kind of worldview in my opinion. We need more selfless team players and less braggart jokes.

I've frequented a few people doing sport at a professional level... Well, let's just say Rainbow Dash's personality as portrayed in the show has a basis in reality.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:See, if there's one thing I have difficulties with, from a morale standpoint, it's competetitive sport before age 7-10.

You can make all the cases you want about sport teaching children values and stuff, my problem is that it more than anything else it teach them a worldview where there are winners and losers, and where they are in competition with others in order to be winner and not loser themselves.

That's a thing I have a big problem with. We don't need more people with that kind of worldview in my opinion. We need more selfless team players and less braggart jokes.

I've frequented a few people doing sport at a professional level... Well, let's just say Rainbow Dash's personality as portrayed in the show has a basis in reality.
I concur. If you teach children that winning means everything, you get people who try to do their best for themselves, not what is best for the team. They might even cheat to win if they cannot without doing so.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Okay, so I just got back from a gun show, and let me tell ya: the carbine market is pretty much "would you like this AR-15, or that slightly different AR-15?" It's fucking ridiculous
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Yeah, from afar americans seems to be unhealthily obsessed with the ar-15 platform.

I suppose the fact it's so widespread due to mass-production feeds a feedback loop of people buying what they are familiar with, or something like that ?

I seem to recall we have a certified gunsmith around here ? What's his opinion on the matter ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:43 pm

It's a good gun, but there are better guns on the market now that are being hindered by the fact that the AR is so widespread. I personally love the Bushmaster ACR, not least because it's more ambidextrous than the AR and generally more reliable.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:58 pm

The AR is common, it is light, ammunition would be cheap, and it has familiar ergonomics. Reliability isn't a problem so much in a civilian setting, and there are probably thousands of videos on addressing problems with them.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm not saying it's not a good weapon. I'm just saying there are better ones out there.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Something like the AK/Galil or ACR would be the best option for a sandy area. AR's don't like them too well apparently. I like both the AR an AK, both are fine guns. Especially the Saiga 12.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:03 pm

You really like shotguns, don't you ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Yehehehe...thunderous, rhythmic roar, hails of lead, what aint to like besides the cost of the ammo? >:D

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:36 pm

The lack of range and precision ? :v

See, I have never fired a single firearm in my entire life. But I work under the assumption that if I'm close enough to my target that it could easily see and shoot me, I'm most probably TOO close.

That's why I tend to prefer long range weapons (sniper rifles, howitzer, nuclear-tipped missiles...).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:04 pm

There are plenty of loads for shotguns with increased precision over shot loads.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:06 pm

Bare minimum range for 12 gauge buckshot is 20 meters, actually. Most shotguns have chokes that push that range out to about 40 meters, and slugs have about a 120 yard range.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:11 pm

I can understand that, I actually prefer marksman rifles but I love shotguns because they double as tools. And they make a lot of noise. Roid Rage

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:35 pm

This is the coolest thing I have seen today. Possibly coolest all week, in fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:This is the coolest thing I have seen today. Possibly coolest all week, in fact.
THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!
no, seriously there are reports saying that by 2030 bionics/cybernetic implants will be as common as cosmetic surgery today, and I remember reading somewhere that we'll be digitizing/uploading our brains by 2040, imagine the possibilities...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:51 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:This is the coolest thing I have seen today. Possibly coolest all week, in fact.
THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!
no, seriously there are reports saying that by 2030 bionics/cybernetic implants will be as common as cosmetic surgery today, and I remember reading somewhere that we'll be digitizing/uploading our brains by 2040, imagine the possibilities...
I've taken enough cogsci courses to potentially declare a minor at this point - VERY exciting stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:46 pm

stringtheory wrote:
THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!
Pip-Boys. ;_;

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:54 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!
Pip-Boys. ;_;
who needs pip-boys when we would be digitized brains in holographic avatars (on second though, I've seen enough sci-fi to see where this is going...), though I guess your avatar could be wearing a pip-boy
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:06 am

A Pip-Boy with a built-in reminder would do wonders for me.
"Don't put cereal in the microwave, dumbass."
"You didn't lose your keys, they are in your hand, dumbass."
"You put a gallon of milk in the cabinet, dumbass."

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:25 am

Ironmonger wrote:A Pip-Boy with a built-in reminder would do wonders for me.
"Don't put cereal in the microwave, dumbass."
"You didn't lose your keys, they are in your hand, dumbass."
"You put a gallon of milk in the cabinet, dumbass."
give it a couple of years and a smartphone will be able to do that and more...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:29 am

Yeah it'll probably cost big time. That phone better walk, talk (shuddup), and flush, as my parents say.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:30 am

Ironmonger wrote:Yeah it'll probably cost big time. That phone better walk, talk (shuddup), and flush, as my parents say.
I'm just talking about smartphones, there will also be robots, some of which will be for helping out elderly people and will probably be able to do all those things you mentioned above
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:32 am

What comes to mind: Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Don't ask, I don't know either.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:46 am

I present to you, Batman, Turkey.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:25 am

The background pony is me and pinkie is this thread half the time

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 IE8nEjmu51rGN
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:37 am

swicked wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:The background pony is me and pinkie is this thread half the time
Nah, Applejack's way more level-headed than you are.
hehehehehe
*senses that he's being glared at*
Uh...please don't hit me? Shy

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:44 am

Ironmonger wrote:
swicked wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:The background pony is me and pinkie is this thread half the time
Nah, Applejack's way more level-headed than you are.
hehehehehe
*senses that he's being glared at*
Uh...please don't hit me? Shy
I could make so many bad.... horrible battered spouse jokes here. But I'm not going to because I'm not a terrible person.
But I am sooo thinking a few, so don't mistake me for a good person either.

Also, I've been away from this comment thread for nearly a week. With all that extra free time I've.... spent it on Reddit... gdamn it.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next