Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
WovenTales
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Caoimhe
RoboRed
CannonFodder
iLateralGX
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Plasticube
Kippershy
Quotidian
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Stringtheory
Kattlarv
Frost
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Harmony Ltd.
27 posters

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:36 am

The area in which I live has a strange beauty. Animals scurry about through the gaps between the homes, birds chirp their songs and feast on bread left out by kind folk, and friendly cats are abound making the place more lively and comfortable. At night the only sounds are that of the industrial machine of Ohio which clanks, whirs, and clangs ever forward, things which you cannot see.

...I was feeling poetic.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by iLateralGX Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:43 am

Ironmonger wrote:The area in which I live has a strange beauty. Animals scurry about through the gaps between the homes, birds chirp their songs and feast on bread left out by kind folk, and friendly cats are abound making the place more lively and comfortable. At night the only sounds are that of the industrial machine of Ohio which clanks, whirs, and clangs ever forward, things which you cannot see.

...I was feeling poetic.

I... saw a snake once. It was... pretty. [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 4206338362
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:47 am

Unrelated: Cadence IS the princess of love...if you know what I mean.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 488169_404526962944645_1635431004_n

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:51 am

Ironmonger wrote:Unrelated: Cadence IS the princess of love...if you know what I mean.
*snip*

Well then Unicorns are too. Twilight, Rarity, the list goes on! There is wonder why there is not a sexcapade going on!
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:54 am

That reminds me, in PH doesn't Twilight blatantly ask Big Mac "Does that mean you won't sleep with me anymore?" If I'm right, well...TWI WAS IN HEAT WOOOOOOOO! GO SEXY SCIENTIST! XD

...If not then...I'll awkwardly exit stage ceiling...

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 am

Being smart doesn't exempt you from sexy~

Then many many years later Blackjack came into existence. Definitely not on the smart end of the spectrum. At least not Twilight smart.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:03 am

I'd call Blackjack street-smart (and sexy). She seems to be able to read people rather well. What do you guys define as smart anyway?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:11 am

Ironmonger wrote:I'd call Blackjack street-smart

Yeah that is what I meant.

Ironmonger wrote:(and sexy).
I will admit, she can be.

Ironmonger wrote:What do you guys define as smart anyway?

That is actually really hard for me. I mean obviously intelligence is not defined just by what you learn in a text book.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:18 am

Theoretically an idiot can be turned into a genius given time and effort. I'd very roughly define intelligence as how well someone or something can adapt to a given situation when they have the appropriate tools and resources. Incompetence can be mistaken for a lack of intelligence, but I don't believe a person to be truly stupid, just misguided.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:37 am

Random stuff.

Via a train of thought the route of which has even me slightly puzzled (though I suspect that my current state of tiredness was involved), I went from debating whether the quality of a certain Scratchtavia fic was high enough to warrant continued reading to looking for pictures of the uniforms of the military of fascist Italy. Because that's what one does of an evening, you know.
Anyway, I found this and combined it with a bit of the page image from this in General Zoi's pony creator to create something that might look a bit like the standard Miliozi uniform.
Spoiler:
The combat duty uniform would probably be something in camouflage (which reminds me: a friend of mine who's into this sort of thing made some interesting observations about the camouflage displayed in Dragon Quest; unfortunately, though, I do not at this time remember the details), more like that TVTropes page image, but I think that it's not impossible that the non-active-combat troops might wear a different design. Not entirely sure, but I'm tired.

Also, I imagine that the Alliance's attack rotodaens look something like
this:
The same friend and I worked out that they probably rotate by ducting turbine air and/or exhaust out the sides of the tail booms.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:39 am

Thing is, though, while Twilight is smarter, Blackjack seems more adapted to actually getting shit done. Blackjack, while having serious psychological problems, is still able to keep fighting and functioning after shit hits the fan a thousand times over, while Twilight has been known to freak out and break down over the slightest provocation. Blackjack is a Jack-of-All-Trades while Twilight is good for book work and not much else besides brute-forcing it with magic, which is easily countered with a little thought.

Twilight doesn't even seem that intelligent from a problem-solving standpoint. Her first response to a problem, as joked about often by the fandom, is looking in books. That's fine, research isn't a bad thing. Thing is, though, she's utterly helpless until she conveniently finds exactly what she needs. She's rarely seen having any original thoughts at all, just regurgitating what's been written down by better minds.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:45 am

Blackjack is all about action, not thinking it through and just making it up as she goes along. This is why she succeeds so much because it's not the "smart" thing everyone would expect her to do.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:54 am

For me, smartness is about ability to adapt to any given environment you find yourself in and ability to solve puzzles given to you, be they literally on paper puzzles or life puzzles.

Like Frost says, you can be a whiz kid with a book all you want - able to read and recite at amazing speeds. However, if you're not able to actually understand, break down and adapt what you've learnt to suit issues you come up against in daily life, if you are unable to use the core principals instead fo the end result for challenges not before come across, you're no better than someone who can't read at the same speed and can't do the things you fail at.

However, if you're unable to read and recite perfectly but ARE able to understand and adapt the core principals of a lesson, using what you've previously learnt in new and different ways to reach your result, then you're showing your ability to be smart.

A computer is not smart. A computer is simply storage of data that can (or should be able to) relay previously stored information exactly as it was before, as it was handed to it.
However, the computer CAN'T identify key aspects of that information and cherry pick what is important to you and solve something else on it's own - it needs someone to say what to do to make it even consider that.

Twilight is a computer.
Twilight isn't as smart as she seems, she's simply capable of remembering a lot.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:08 pm

^My point exactly. Blackjack, despite her occasional lapses in judgement, is reasonably intelligent. Littlepip, obviously, is very intelligent, what with the crazy memory gambit.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Kippershy wrote:For me, smartness is about ability to adapt to any given environment you find yourself in and ability to solve puzzles given to you, be they literally on paper puzzles or life puzzles.

Like Frost says, you can be a whiz kid with a book all you want - able to read and recite at amazing speeds. However, if you're not able to actually understand, break down and adapt what you've learnt to suit issues you come up against in daily life, if you are unable to use the core principals instead fo the end result for challenges not before come across, you're no better than someone who can't read at the same speed and can't do the things you fail at.

However, if you're unable to read and recite perfectly but ARE able to understand and adapt the core principals of a lesson, using what you've previously learnt in new and different ways to reach your result, then you're showing your ability to be smart.

A computer is not smart. A computer is simply storage of data that can (or should be able to) relay previously stored information exactly as it was before, as it was handed to it.
However, the computer CAN'T identify key aspects of that information and cherry pick what is important to you and solve something else on it's own - it needs someone to say what to do to make it even consider that.

Twilight is a computer.
Twilight isn't as smart as she seems, she's simply capable of remembering a lot.
'Book' Smart vs 'Street' Smart basically?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Ironmonger wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 16082__safe_blushing_clothes_unicorn_fallout-equestria_skirt_blackjack_artist-mistermech_school-uniform_artist-mech-station_project-horizon

Valikdu wrote:
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 31094

RoboRed wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Fluttershy_schoolgirl__animation__by_ake_xanchez-d4v25sa

See this? This needs to stop before... before I say something I shouldn't.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:35 pm

I think it's a joint of some kind? Not sure, but the same color is just above her forehoof, so I think that might be it...or I'm insane XD
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Different components of the leg having different colorations.

Anyway, RE intelligence... The important thing is that "intelligence" isn't something monolithic, and there's actually a number of different kind of intelligence (social intelligence, mathematical intelligence, linguistic, etc...).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Kippershy wrote:See this? This needs to stop before... before I say something I shouldn't.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Rainbow_dash_wanna_read_with_you_by_dejiko07-d4or4vt
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:15 pm

I have no dignified way to respond to that.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Kippershy wrote:I have no dignified way to respond to that.
dignity? who needs dignity? we don't have no sticking dignity around here
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:25 pm

I'm replacing DF gremlins with tiny, tameable alicorns. I'm beyond dignity.
So, [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Dashie__color__by_banshee42ru-d51fd3a.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:26 pm

I think we all threw out our dignity a long time ago.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:29 pm

RoboRed wrote:I think we all threw out our dignity a long time ago.
see, this guy knows the truth, there is no dignity on the internet, at least none which lasts very long, especially in a setting like this
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Case in point:
Spoiler:

Last edited by RoboRed on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Spoiler : your spoiler is empty. You are empty.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Weird. Image shows up just fine for me. I'll try to fix it.

EDIT: How about now?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:07 pm

It works now.

Also, today on The Music Show :

Today, something special to celebrate the fact I fucking love MSI and just pre-ordered their next album...

You know the deal by now, so here's the song :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL7-oPP-_ZA
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:11 pm

My r34 folder.. it tells me I shouldn't try to pretend I have dignity.
Though I don't want everyone to know removed - Robo

Kipper, posting R34 is against forum rules
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:41 pm

...I really need to organize the stuff in my documents folder, and desktop, and other places.
But once I do that, my R34 folder will be bigger than yours.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next