Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
WovenTales
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Caoimhe
RoboRed
CannonFodder
iLateralGX
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Plasticube
Kippershy
Quotidian
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Stringtheory
Kattlarv
Frost
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Harmony Ltd.
27 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by 222222 Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:14 am

I liked Pinkie Pie in this episode, she made me laugh as always. But I really liked Rainbow Dashes second consecutive not being a total dick episode. It makes her seem like a much more fitting character to me. And does this mean the wonderbolts academy is going to be something Rainbow Dash is working on for several episodes, or do you think she will just go back to life in Ponyville like the characters do after every episode except I think Lesson Zero. It would be nice to start seeing some more continuity between episodes, as right now you could pretty much rearrange every episode in each season and not loss any understanding, except now that that I think about it Art of The Dress's episode was reliant on the Ticket Master episode, but I think that's it for any kind of running plot, minus premieres/finales, in over two seasons.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:15 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

oh its worse it drives my boss crazy that i cannot focus when the work is monotonous but when things pick up to being closer to go time, i perk up and shape up... it kind of sucks becuase people see me mainly in the slower phases and wonder what the hell... also the whole planned projects thing... I just about failed my capstone, I understood all the material and the procedures and *could* do it all, but really doing it, sigh. That sucks.

Lucky for me the Instructors knew I could be competent, and all just focusing in on lectures was a terrible terrible thing, try as i might I would drift off in thought right in the middle of the plating lectures, but still perform. This is why I have strong kinesthetic Learning skills, get myt hands on doing something and i can focus up on it and do it and learn it pretty fast. I learn it I get bored with it. There is only so much i can do in dicing onions. Lists too... I get started and then i cruise, not problem. I take a break for lunch and come back its hard to get going again. its not Lazy, I try hard every day to do well, meet the needs and expectations, and I am on time. I am a terrible organizer.

Back when I was in private/public schools it would drive my teachers nuts trying to figure out why I wasn't getting straight A's. I could hear something and repeat it back to them exactly how they said it even when I was drawing or something (which is why my science teacher was kind enough to let me draw during class) but actual studying or sitting through an hour-long lecture with no action gets boring. There has to be something to catch my attention constantly, something to cause the better part of my ADHD to kick in and tell me "look at this, go see what it was". I can't even coordinate my own thoughts or my thoughts with my actions which is why I sound like an idiot when I speak. Man, that feel when someone knows where you're coming from...

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:16 am

The article in Wiki as an example wrote:The difficulty is often due to the ADHD person's observed behaviour (e.g. the impulsive types, who may insult their boss for instance, resulting in dismissal), despite genuinely trying to avoid these and knowing that it can get them in trouble. Often, the ADHD person will miss things that an adult of similar age and experience should catch onto or know. These lapses can lead others to label the individuals with ADHD as "lazy" or "stupid" or "inconsiderate".

I can relate with the missing part today. I was told to make 10 lemon wraps we had some already done in the coller about 6 I missed that, made 10 new ones. Then also in that same time frame I made a couple of plated salads for the dinner and put them under a lexan cover to keep the cold air in the cooler from blowing across and wilting the lettuce and all that because they were Kosher and we are not a kosher kitchen. my boss said "i don't get you, you do some of the most brilliant amazing shit like that lexan over there for the salads then you go and pull this shit with the lemons."
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:20 am

Ironmonger wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

oh its worse it drives my boss crazy that i cannot focus when the work is monotonous but when things pick up to being closer to go time, i perk up and shape up... it kind of sucks becuase people see me mainly in the slower phases and wonder what the hell... also the whole planned projects thing... I just about failed my capstone, I understood all the material and the procedures and *could* do it all, but really doing it, sigh. That sucks.

Lucky for me the Instructors knew I could be competent, and all just focusing in on lectures was a terrible terrible thing, try as i might I would drift off in thought right in the middle of the plating lectures, but still perform. This is why I have strong kinesthetic Learning skills, get myt hands on doing something and i can focus up on it and do it and learn it pretty fast. I learn it I get bored with it. There is only so much i can do in dicing onions. Lists too... I get started and then i cruise, not problem. I take a break for lunch and come back its hard to get going again. its not Lazy, I try hard every day to do well, meet the needs and expectations, and I am on time. I am a terrible organizer.

Back when I was in private/public schools it would drive my teachers nuts trying to figure out why I wasn't getting straight A's. I could hear something and repeat it back to them exactly how they said it even when I was drawing or something (which is why my science teacher was kind enough to let me draw during class) but actual studying or sitting through an hour-long lecture with no action gets boring. There has to be something to catch my attention constantly, something to cause the better part of my ADHD to kick in and tell me "look at this, go see what it was". I can't even coordinate my own thoughts or my thoughts with my actions which is why I sound like an idiot when I speak. Man, that feel when someone knows where you're coming from...

funny thing i could perform outstanding on tests but I never did homework... failed algaebra in college the first time because of this... it was an online homework thing, you missed on fucking input on that god damned answer portion, one fucking typo and you were off to do the problem again each question had five problems, there were 20 qustions per assignment usually.... I did three chapters before iz said fuck it

then I went to a class a couple of years later with written homework an i could do that, hell the solutions were in the back of the book, at least then i could figure out what I did wrong and go back and find the correct path. it was so much better then... i still lagged in homework but I could practice and get the credit for the bloody class...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:28 am

My case is a bit different. I usually suck at tests and I rarely did my homework because it would take up to an hour to do an algebra problem. I can barely do mental math because I start carrying numbers around, I lose track of them and I'm like "Dammit where did I put that five..." My brother who studies mechanical engineering has the same issue, he works his ass off because of it. That's partly why I'm going into the military, a learning disability like ADHD shouldn't be as much of a problem there.

I'm not bitching or complaining, it's just...nice to know that someone knows how I feel.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:29 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
WovenTales wrote:It's probably not
exactly the same line (ah, definitions), but for me it's almost
opposite—I dislike almost all music that's on the radio today, but am
actually fond of stuff (even in similar styles) that's put out by less
mainstream artists, mainly on YouTube. I do know what you're talking
about with the repulsion, though; it's in the other direction and not
quite as strong, but I have a similar reaction.

And (since
several other people seem to have been listing this) my relationship
with R34 is rather interesting. I don't like the artwork and most of the
fics, but, if I'm honest with myself, the latter is more due to
widespread poor quality, and I don't mind the ones written with a bit
a lot more care. Still doesn't mean I like clop. Much more fond of
shipping, as long as it's well-written and -paced. Even if it heavily
uses R34 (though that does tend to need to be an even higher quality).
As I said, interesting.

Which is kind of funny, because I didn't
like the entire genre until I got into this fandom (and am still not
overly excited about it in any other). If I can find good stories, it's
now one of my favorite things to read (shipping, not clop). Seems like a
good place for one of those "Confound these ponies!" if that's not too
antiquated already (I'm out of the loop on meme popularity).
Ach,
I don't even know what's on the radio these days. By "indie" I meant
less "independent record label" (because Southern Lord FTW!), and more,
well... like this, for instance, I guess.
Just... not a fan, at all. Organ's good, but something about it - might
be the vocals - just doesn't sit right. Anyway, I have a long and
boring history with music; suffice it to say that I like lots of classic
rock, lots of progressive rock, lots of electronic stuff, lots of
minimalist stuff, and lots and lots of metal (but definitely not all). I
get excited when I can identify a song I know on the radio, but that's
rare.

Also, and this is absolutely just my opinion, memes are the
best when they're so old that nobody remembers or uses them anymore,
because then there's nostalgia. :)
Yeah, that's not overly exciting, though you're right about the organ not being terrible. I still think it's better than what's currently popular (only hear it because of my brothers), but it seems to be the difference between making music for money and making music because it's fun. The former can still sound good, but it's never as engaging as when the artist's main goal is to enjoy what they're doing. The overwhelming drive toward fame and fortune in rap and its reletives as well as the commercialized "indie" tends to leave things like inspiration and enjoyment behind. I'd say my favorite genres are around classic rock and folk, and my tastes radiate out from there, ultimately including at least a bit of practicly everything.

And cyber nostalgia is fun. It's such an accellerated timescale that it allows interesting juxtapositions between virtual events that seem so long ago and physical ones that seem like they just happened.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:In tonight's edition of The Music Game :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6Il58Ln4cI

The rules are the same as always : Find a scene or a theme in FoE, PH, or any FoE side-story of your choice this music could fit as an image of, a theme for or a soundtrack to.

So, without further ado, time to use your... Imagination !
I actually feel as though it would work for Chainlink's tunnels from Murky Number Seven. It doesn't quite match his intensity and misses some of the nightmarish visuals of the main chamber, but it does seem to reflect the hopelessness and uniformity (visual, temporal, mental, emotional...) of the labor in the subways further from the nexus.
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:49 am

@School and homework
I rarely study, but I get good grades because I tend to remember things in a school setting when I pay attention. Which would be almost all the time. I guess I'm kinda lucky in a sense. People like to throw the word "genius" around, though that would be inaccurate.
I'm hindered by lack of artistic and creative skill, as well as shyness.
My homework is usually passed in on time, not always, though.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:04 am

I get called a genius all the time by "average people" (read: people without disorders), I don't know how true that is honestly, I know my IQ is high but still. I'm really shy around people I don't know unless Frost or Grimm are around. I just tend to excel in simple-yet-complex areas like firearms.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:12 am

give me a rubiks cube I will grow bored fast

give me something to disassemble and i will have it apart so fast your head will spin, and then ican put it back together pretty much with out notes
god save you if you move something while I work on it
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:17 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:give me a rubiks cube I will grow bored fast

give me something to disassemble and i will have it apart so fast your head will spin, and then ican put it back together pretty much with out notes
god save you if you move something while I work on it
This. THIS. I used to take stuff apart all the time (when I was a kid I went the more direct route of "apply body-hammer directly to toy car") to see how it works, then I put it together. However if some asshole moves my fucking tools and parts heads will roll!
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Mlfw2876-Pinkie_Pie_rage_2

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:18 am

I'm probably only called a "genius" because of how I act and how good my grades can be. I treat teachers with more respect than most, I don't talk often or loudly, and I try to contribute meaningfully in class conversation. I also tend to know a little bit about practically anything someone can ask me about, so that would give an illusion of knowing a lot of things.
At home, I exercise humor on occasion, and I smile and laugh. I rarely smile at school, and only one class can consistently cause me to make a low chuckle.
I act so differently at home compared to school, I'm honestly not sure which is the real "me".
Edit: I can't solve Rubix Cubes. I'm terrible at puzzles, though I'm half decent at logical riddles.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:25 am

Ketchup wrote:I'm probably only called a "genius" because of how I act and how good my grades can be. I treat teachers with more respect than most, I don't talk often or loudly, and I try to contribute meaningfully in class conversation. I also tend to know a little bit about practically anything someone can ask me about, so that would give an illusion of knowing a lot of things.
At home, I exercise humor on occasion, and I smile and laugh. I rarely smile at school, and only one class can consistently cause me to make a low chuckle.
I act so differently at home compared to school, I'm honestly not sure which is the real "me".
Edit: I can't solve Rubix Cubes. I'm terrible at puzzles, though I'm half decent at logical riddles.

you've learned social skills
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:26 am

Puzzles usually kick me square in the keester when I try to solve them. Ironically I'm pretty good at Zelda games aside from the odd boss I can't beat.
EDIT: Social skills? I'm pretty good socially, I just sometimes get on people's nerves without trying or people tell me my weirdness is a bad thing. People are mean.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:30 am

that would be social skill issues iron...don't worry im terrible too, i get going and Its hard to stop but i start out quiet and off to the side evaluating calculating observing and then i drink and weeee!
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:34 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:that would be social skill issues iron...don't worry im terrible too, i get going and Its hard to stop but i start out quiet and off to the side evaluating calculating observing and then i drink and weeee!

...Alright, you got me there. It's more the impulses I get than anything, I know the do's and don'ts but sometimes my ADHD is like "ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL" and bam I've just weirded/creeped out someone. I'm picky about who I hang out with and talk to because of it.

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote: and then i drink and weeee!
My face when XD

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:42 am

i must be a really good stand out on control or something, I have my moments when I could do something so impulsive, but I don't. then I do not restrain an impulse and its got trouble. lucky me I don't seek thrills
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:44 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
you've learned social skills
I may have them, but they are in inept hands.
Usually, interactions at school between my classmates and I are limited to "Can/Will you help me?","What is this/does that mean?" or, most annoyingly: "Can I copy your answers?"
To these questions I usually answer "I might, but/Ask the teacher" or "No". Sometimes I explain how I know some things, which is a common enough question.
When I'm with my friends I do more listening than anything, sometimes speaking about video games, movies or general knowledge.
I'm really shy around family members outside of my immediate family.

Last edited by Ketchup on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:46 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Bitchimfabulous

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:46 am

swicked wrote:...clearly I add nothing to this conversation, so how's about I tell ya about my day?

Bought a ton of Christmas gifts while wearing pony (second time wearing pony in public ever!) and met two more bronies, telling me how awesome my shirt is. Got christmas pictures taken with mah babeh. Very cute.

Discovered Bath and Body works has an entire display of lip gloss that taste like sweets. Woopie pies, frosted cupcakes, cookies, whipped vanilla, the works.
Tried many of them. Walked out with boss lips and glittery arms from all the glitter lotion samples.

I am FABULOUS AND I KNOW IT.
/swag.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:48 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 103883d1264857964-death-race-rolls-royce-death_race_rolls01

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:53 am

Meanwhile, I'm back from D&D. Aside from a little issue where everyone in our sub-party was nearly hanged, our side-quest went off without a hitch. We were going in for a fancyass super-shield thing that would've cost $30,000 (us being Level 6 at this point), but we didn't end up getting it. We did, however, abscond with what is, essentially, an anti-magic lightsaber/pistol thingbob.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:57 am

swicked wrote:...clearly I add nothing to this conversation, so how's about I tell ya about my day?

Bought a ton of Christmas gifts while wearing pony (second time wearing pony in public ever!) and met two more bronies, telling me how awesome my shirt is. Got christmas pictures taken with mah babeh. Very cute.

Discovered Bath and Body works has an entire display of lip gloss that taste like sweets. Woopie pies, frosted cupcakes, cookies, whipped vanilla, the works.
Tried many of them. Walked out with boss lips and glittery arms from all the glitter lotion samples.

oh the rubik cube bit was inspired by your post swick
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:04 am

I aint trying to ignore anyone, sometimes I just don't know what to say or I outright forget people are there.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:11 am

i learned a new expression, kill them and eat them... its called murder burger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:23 am

Often times I come up with these odd idioms that cause people to give me funny looks. I came up with the term "rage-piss", meaning someone gets so angry they wet themselves over something. I never say that around anyone other than my friends, but I get some funny reactions over a microphone.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:35 am

Eh, spent my day reffing a pseudo-tabletop game for highschoolers. So English teacher has a month-long thing where students compete for tiny plastic figures. Then on a Saturday in December (yesterday), they bring them all in and have a huge battle with them on grid tabletop. Thought that teacher hosting was using a revised rulesheet that I tested to be balanced, but no, it's too large, so he rolled back to an old one with a ton of ambiguous rules, as well as chucking in some new units that were broken as hay. Then apparently none of the good refs came back, so 'e had to last-minute train a bunch of new ones. I had to be the main judge, and what a mess that was. Had to argue with students, refs, and even parents. I need to lie down for a bit. /rant

Sorry 'bout that. Way too much drama in that game, with sudden, but inevitable betrayals. Have no idea why I keep going back, even if my brain says it's going to suck.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:52 am

@Swicked
That sounds like a pretty good day. :) I like the idea of you with sparkles, lip balm, and a ponies shirt; the most swaggingest of dads, certainly.

Mine was nice; slept for frickin' ever (I was up all last night writing an essay), woke up to get some dinner, played some LoL with friends (ping was meh but not unplayable, first game sucked, next game rocked, games after that were sort of okay... I had the unfortunate experience of watching my favorite character get snatched away from me, played in the incorrect lane, and played badly =P also I need to practice last hitting more, no reason not to be at pro level with that aspect of the game), played some Rock Band with friends (I blew my voice out on Veils, because black metal is meant to be shrieked, damnit!). A good day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:01 am

My day was...turbulent. I woke up extremely pissed off and grumpy for no apparent reason, felt like I hated everything and everyone. However I got to talking with Harmony about some ideas for my story, and eventually the productivity and sheer awesomeness of our ideas brought me out of my slump. Talking about my ADHD and whatnot with Admiral helped quite a bit as well, for a while I was feeling like I was alone in this. Now I know there are people with the same issue, and the mutual understanding made me feel better.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:41 am

Ironmonger wrote:The most I can say is that Chat is a very selfish person with an overblown ego and does a lot of whining in its journals. I'll let the others get into the specifics but that's the gist of it.

Let me put it this way.

The original TCB was called "misanthropic". That's probably due to the original author, Blaze, not being a very good writer (as he didn't intend it to be so).

Now, Chatoyance's stories are called even *more* misanthropic, and he/she admits it to be completely intended. That alone would not warrant calling him/her names, but he/she also freely admits to this reflecting his/her own views. The stories aren't even real stories, they're just huge author-tracts about how much humans (especially men, as we apparently commit 98% of all violence...) suck.
Also, he/she calls self "a unicorn trapped in a human's body". That goes greatly with another statement about how "ponies are greater beings than humans, and as such are free to do with them whatever they want".

And after all that, Chat is convinced that his/her views represent the absolute truth and that everyone must love him/her for it.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:06 am

So, I've read the first two chapters of that story set in the "Optimalverse" Chatoyance uploaded the other day...

Well, first let me say : Holy shit that's some heavy use of product placement.

Secondly, I can indeed see the misanthropism dripping from what I've read. It's relatively subtle thus far (though there's times it hit like a hammer in the face), but you can easily get the author doesn't have much faith in mankind.

I can't really judge for the literary quality of what I've read, but what I can say thus far is that it suffer the usual flaws of anything written by members of the LessWrong community, which is to say that their writing seem to be an excuse to do infodumps on things relating to their own pet-peeves rather than trying to tell a story. Also the characters seems to be puppets for the author to tell the audience their own views and thoughts instead of being characters on their own.

Also, I'm probably mistaken, but after what has been said, I can easily imagine the main character of that story being some sort of self-insert.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next