Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Meleagridis
Quotidian
Moodyman90
Ketchup
IncoherentOrange
Iluvatar
Game Master
Nightfire
OneMoreDaySK
iLateralGX
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Kattlarv
RoboRed
Kippershy
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
27 posters

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:50 pm

We were supposed to get snow, but got rain instead. What the hay, Wisconsin?

EDIT: @Kim
Spider Jerusalem is the name of the main character of Transmetropolitan. He is a journalist who likes things like the Truth, sticking it to authority figures, drugs, and caribou eyes. If Three Dog had been like him, I would have actually listened to GNR in Fallout 3.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:03 pm

Oh shit. SpiderJerusalem!ThreeDog.

That would have been... glorious.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 Spider_jerusalem-bastard

Would have been enough to jump the game's ESRB/PEGI one or two notch, though. [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 779695502
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Erumpet wrote:@incoherentorange: I suppose it's the one marked as this one in your signature? Sorry I just know you have written several stories and don't want to do the wrong one.

The one people seem to like. Enough to post it on EQD, supposedly.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
IncoherentOrange wrote:'All schools are closed today due to pending weather conditions.'

*Looks out the window* *Nothing*

Whatever you say, East Anglophone School District.

Lucky bastard.

In Soviet Russia, I used to go to school when it was less than -25C outside. But then I took an arrow in the knee.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Oh shit. SpiderJerusalem!ThreeDog.

Sorry, I can't take ThreeDog seriously. Or Jarl Balgruuf. It's Mans1ay3r's fault.

Same thing with the entire Lord of the Rings series. I watched the parody dubs too many times.

Last edited by Valikdu on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
IncoherentOrange wrote:'All schools are closed today due to pending weather conditions.'

*Looks out the window* *Nothing*

Whatever you say, East Anglophone School District.

Lucky bastard.

In Soviet Russia, I used to go to school when it was less than -25C outside. But then I took an arrow in the knee.
Of to the gulag with your comrade. Such things our not tolerated in our land of shirtless benevolent leaders.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:43 pm

@Harmony: Well, it IS Dash's jizz so... xD But yeah, it might be a tad bit pricy. But hey! Most MLP stuff technically is.

(Planet) This is not the time to talk about Styg x3

@Cpt: Yeah, I got it was a reference heh. And doubt I am too thrilled to see it :P

And ah, I see. Yeah, it's pretty much like that... if I got that right.

@Frost: Well, there's a difference to making fun of dead babies, and dragging in dead babies on a party xP

@Swicked: Soon, I'll get the pony shirts I ordered :3 That's neat btw.

@OAC: Ah, okies. I see.

Last edited by Kattlarv on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot stuff)
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:45 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:
Erumpet wrote:@incoherentorange: I suppose it's the one marked as this one in your signature? Sorry I just know you have written several stories and don't want to do the wrong one.

The one people seem to like. Enough to post it on EQD, supposedly.
So, I just read your fic so far, dude.

Pretty good. I like it.

Pacing is handled well, the subject is interesting, people seem to act in-character. All in all good work so far I'd say.

For now, only criticism I have is that the way you "turn"/build some sentences seems a bit awkward at time, like when you explain where they extracted the materials to build the ship - I'm no english grammar expert but it seemed like it could have been separate sentences or something like that. There are other bits like that, but I didn't take note of them. Maybe later I'll look back at it if you want.

Apart from that, I noticed only one editing error thus far :

Chapter one
Spoiler:

Problematic sentence bolded.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:47 pm

I dub thee Knight of the Holy Jizz.

Go forth, and let them know the taste of the Rainbow !

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Chapter one
Spoiler:

Problematic sentence bolded.

'D' and 'S' are close together on the keyboard. Thought I'd have caught that by now, but hey, different eyes see different things. Thanks.

Edit: Thanks a lot, Erumpet! Man, I've been sloppy. The spacing 'errors' you pointed out were largely on your end only, however. Still, you're great for doing this for me.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:23 pm

I have nothing to add to the discussion.
So here's a picture of Blackjack.

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Heard the word 'homeopathy' for the first time yesterday. Before I looked it up I instantly thought that it meant "Someone who kills gay people."

MFW Crazy

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Valikdu wrote:I have nothing to add to the discussion.
So here's a picture of Blackjack.

Spoiler:
Heh, NORAD came up with some pretty weird names for Russian aircraft. Apparently, the Russian pilots even liked some of them and used them. Like "Flanker" or "Foxbat".
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:41 pm

I guess seeing a 250 metric ton beast fly over you at mach 2 with a shitload of bombs inside it must feel either like Victory or a really bad bowel movement.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:42 pm

I am so glad I wasn't drinking something when I read that, Harmony.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Killing Ironmonger, one scat joke at a time.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Crude humor is the best humor!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Operation Brown Thunder.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:51 pm

The thunder down under.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Such a shitty joke.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Icey what you did there.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Aaaaaaaanyway,

breaking from that line of vile thoughts,

I'm working on a short-story that's absolutely not pony related right now, and I'm not making much progress.

I have my starting point, I know what my universe is and its rules, but I can't for the life of me find where to go from there.

Murder mysteries are hard to write. Especially when it's the victim doing the detective work.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:17 pm

Ah don't what y'all talkin' 'bout. Applejack
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:18 pm

SCRUNCHY-FACE DETECTED. LETHAL FORCE ENGAGED!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Are there any other readable TCB stories except Not Alone?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:35 pm

I enjoyed Mirror Match, which entails a young man, jumped by some goons, turned into a pony, and his clone (courtesy of a high-tech life-insurance agency that provides a clone at the time of 'death'), who remains human. There is, interestingly, a villain other than ponies and humans. (Though both take roles as villains to an extent in the story.) But I'll spoil no more. It's here. Never read the ending, might be bad, or good, I dunno.

Last edited by IncoherentOrange on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Valikdu wrote:

In Soviet Russia, I used to go to school when it was less than -25C outside.

We've had it open on -40C days, but it's usually cancelled. Not on -30 days, though, those are open for us. Both are damn cold. The wind... it dries you up, makes your face burn. The air is so thick it's hard to breathe, and when you do, it's really irritating if you do it through your nose, and if you don't, your glasses get fogged to hell, and I'm not even talking about the biting pain in your legs you get from wearing cargos in such weather and not ski-pants that take five minutes to get on or take off. It is not by any means a human-friendly temperature.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:58 pm

My dad once told me about a time where it got -25 here in Ohio. Back in 1994 I think, 1962 was the other one, just before he came to Cincinnati. In general this state's weather is ASS!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:58 pm

I just found this comment:
Quickly MikeNanotube! You must now declare your victory and establish its permanence by partaking in the ancient ritual!

First lower yourself into a deep sumo squat. Then, using your left hand, pound on your chest with a live, wet salmon while your right hand juggles 5 flaming kerosene filled tennis balls.

While doing this you never take your eyes off of your rival. Just keep staring at him, head tilted slightly forward so that you're peering maliciously from under your eyebrows. Smirk triumphantly at him until he begins to shift uncomfortably or refuses to meet your gaze.

Up until this point you haven't said a word. You just watch him as a Tiger watches an injured guinea pig. He's nervous, unsure of your intentions...he's at his most vulnerable. Now is the time to complete the verbal portion of the ritual.

Snapping your head upright, stare into your opponents very soul as you declare, "Apply cool Salmon to your BURN!" Then with the practiced ease of a Major League Pitcher throw all 5 tennis balls at him. Upon impact the kerosene will burst forth from the spheres and coat your target in flaming death! But this is not the end, NO! You then quickly charge him, knocking the poor (still burning) bastard to the dirt. Finally, when his pain and shame are at they're greatest, stand over him and beat him with the Salmon until you put the flames out!

This is the ancient way that I just made up! And it is your destiny and right to partake in this most holy ritual.
made of win
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next