Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking Dead discussion thread.

+4
Moodyman90
Necr0maNceR
Orm
Ketchup
8 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Walking Dead discussion thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Walking Dead discussion thread.

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:29 am

Well, between having a lot on his mind, the drinking, and it being a long day, and fortune not smiling on him when he needed it to.

All and all... think I need to cut my hair haha.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Walking Dead discussion thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Walking Dead discussion thread.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 am

lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:34 am

Zombies are everywhere, cities are falling, and what do I do?

Get rid of all my red shirts and shave my head. Then I start grabbing guns and supplies.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:36 am

That's probably your best bet. Well, that and finding ghillie suit, and something to mask your sent. Then you'll never get caught,

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:45 am

Well, depends on if the zombies force me to go out and try to find a new place or if they aren't as much of a threat and I can stay where I'm at.

And then there's if we're talking slow or fast zombies. That is the great divider when it comes to tactics.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:46 am

Aye, that it is. Fast ones tend to ruin planning

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:49 am

And thus why The Walking Dead is holding a higher place in zombie fiction for me then the World War Z movie that's coming out.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:50 am

Yeah I noticed that, weren't the ones in World War Z slow? I understand they did it for entertainment purposes but jeez they don't need to be Olympic sprinters

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 am

Yeah, they where slow in the orginal book.

And that's what made them scary. So, but they never stopped coming. Massive hoards of them.

Also the fact it was a world wide thing and we got to see how the whole world was affected.

I'm still probably going to watch the movie though. Fast zombies aren't too bad. Zombieland was a great movie and it had fast zombies.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:01 am

Yeah, I'll probably see it because sometimes fast zombies are good and it looks interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:35 am

But yeah, The Walking Dead pretty much wins "Best zombie show" cause.... I don't think there's any others.

Shawn of the Dead is my pick for best slow zombie for the 2000s and Zombieland for fast zombies over all.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:09 pm

Dat season finale....
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:29 pm

That was awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:07 pm

I would like to say, that I loved the look on Martinez and the black dude's face after what the Governor did. Is it wrong if I'd like to see some kind of web comic about their awkward roadtrip....

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:25 pm

Well, if Season 4 doesn't have a time skip and picks off right when they left off, I wouldn't mind seeing that as well.

But I gotta say, they have to be following out of fear, cause the Governor doesn't really have a lot left going for him.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:27 pm

Oh yeah, it most certainly is fear. Just how they both got in the car spoke volumes about how they see the Governor. They both shared the look of"What the fuck did we just get ourselves into?" I can't wait to see how S4 goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:54 pm

Also, props to Milton. He took a swing and he probably lasted longer then most people would have.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:56 pm

Yeah, Milton went out like a champ he did something no one else in Woodbury would do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:27 am

I love how Rick's group reversed things on the Governor, letting them in and then attacking them from the outside. Way different from what happened in the book. I can't believe the Governor is still alive though! I thought for sure they were going to kill him off this season.

Also, Milton went well out of his way to try to save Andrea, even dying for it, But she still ended up dying. By his bite, no less. Man that sucks. Andrea was pretty lame though. Nowhere near as awesome as in the comics.

Anyways, now there are a bunch of old people and children at the prison! Why didn't they just decide to move Woodbury instead? It's much nicer, and there's a ton of supplies there, right? I mean, I guess it would be harder to defend Woodbury than the prison since they have much fewer able-bodied people than Woodbury had, but still.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:31 am

Maybe they might raid Woodbury and bring the supplies back to the prison? With the number of people they have it could work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:36 am

I'm gonna guess it has something to do with identity. For nearly the whole season it's been "the Prison vs Woodbury." The Governor basically abandoned Woodbury and got all the young able-bodied people killed. Woodbury is broken, not even a shell of it's former self, but less than a husk.

The Prison on the other hand, despite the fact it's had more damage done to it physically, is still strong. In the war, it's won. What's left of Woodbury can be raided for supplies, but there's not really anything left for the residents there.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:46 am

Yeah, Woodbury is pretty much empty now. The Governor might drop by again, but he won't stay once he finds out everyone has left.

Does this mean they are going to stay in the prison all next season? God I hope not. It's cool and all, but we need a change of venue. Maybe they will leave it at the mid-season finale?

I like how the show is trying to do it's own thing and is only loosely following the comics, but the end of the Woodbury/Prison arc in the comics was pretty damn good. Had they implemented a variation on it for the end of this season, it would have been epic. The end of this season really felt lackluster in comparison, at least to me.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:56 am

You're not alone there Necro, I think I might have just had my expectations set a little too high though. Never read the comics so I'm not sure how this plays out in them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:59 am

Well, to me it seems like they took the Woodbury/Prison finale from the comics and split it up between that first attack and what happened in tonight's episode.

The finale was a bit.... non-finale like to me, but a set up for the next season.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:22 am

It just seemed like the stakes kept getting higher and higher everything was building up to an awesome climax, but then the tension was dropped. The people of Woodbury were simply scared off. Plus, the only person who died in that conflict was the dude Carl shot, right? Then after that, the Governor just up and snaps, killing all his people except the lieutenants or whatever. Not to mention it was dumb that the people of Woodbury had a sudden change of heart and wanted to leave Rick's group alone. Rick's group had assaulted Woodbury twice, killing a fair number of people, and then Meryl went and killed eight more. That, plus the Governors speeches, should have left them thinking that Rick's group was a threat that could not simply be left alone. Especially since they only lost, like, one guy when assaulting the prison.

In the end, everything worked out almost perfectly for Rick's group, with the exception of Andrea dying. It was a pretty boring ending.

The first assault on the prison was a little bit similar to what happened in the comics, and the beginning of the second assault was a little bit similar as well, but in the end it was way different, and not nearly as awesome.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:43 am

I don't think it worked out perfectly for him. He gained quite a few people that aren't of much use to him.

What I mean is they can't really pull their weight everyone who was capable of helping with scavenging and things of that nature was killed
(With the exception of three whose names I can't recall at the moment.) by the governor. So in the end he gained a bunch of mouths to feed which of course is going to force them to go out and scavenge more increasing the risk to himself and his people.

Unless they gained a bunch of supplies that I'm not accounting for, but I'm pretty sure the governor said at one point their supplies were dwindling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:44 am

Yeah, I suppose that is an inconvenience. It's not like a loss though, it just means they will have a lot more work on their hands. The threat of Woodbury is gone, and all that they apparently have to worry about now is resources, and the Governor joining a new group or something?

Kind of a fairly boring finale, in my opinion. I remember what happened in the comics pretty well, but I'll dig out my volumes of The Walking Dead tomorrow and reread it to refresh myself, then I'll post how it happened in the comics here.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:37 am

Here's what happened in the comics:
Spoiler:
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:53 am

I have no idea what's happening there:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:46 am

Necr0maNceR wrote:Here's what happened in the comics:
Spoiler:

I like that ending more except I don't like that I would have been made to put up with Lori any longer then I already I have. Also in the show I liked how Woodbury didn't want the prison. I don't really have a reason for that I just like how their citizens didn't want to live in a prison as opposed a town where they could almost pretend the world wasn't overrun with the undead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next