Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defiance Discussion Thread *Warning: Spoilers*

5 posters

Go down

Defiance Discussion Thread *Warning: Spoilers* Empty Defiance Discussion Thread *Warning: Spoilers*

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:50 pm

Well, I was going to put this in the games thread, but it's also a kick ass TV show that will be discussed so yeah.

BEGIN!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Defiance Discussion Thread *Warning: Spoilers* Empty Re: Defiance Discussion Thread *Warning: Spoilers*

Post by XT Vengeance Wed May 01, 2013 12:00 am

Irathients are best Votan.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance
High Inquisitor of Jackassery

Brohoof! : 40

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Defiance Discussion Thread *Warning: Spoilers* Empty Re: Defiance Discussion Thread *Warning: Spoilers*

Post by XT Vengeance Wed May 01, 2013 8:04 am

I wonder when we will get to see a Gulanee. Also, I really want to find out who let the fucking Volge on an Arkship in the first place. All the wiki says about it so far is that the Volge were supposed to be left behind by the other species, but someone smuggled them on board on of the ships. Who the fuck thought that would be a good idea?
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed May 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Someone stupid, obviously. When multiple species choose to leave an entire other species behind, generally that means the species they left behind should never ever be contacted. EVER.

But obviously we have a genius somewhere.

"Super xenophobic race who's only goal in life is to kill everyone that isn't one of them? Sounds like somebody who should REALLY be brought to a planet with multiple non-them species living on it."

I'm guessing that when we find out who it will end up being something about "They said they would spare me" or "They'll only kill who I tell them to", because they don't fully understand who the Volge are.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Wed May 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Indeed. Or something even more sinister is afoot. Either way, I look forward to it.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed May 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Most definitely.

Also, the show needs to have a Hellbug Hellion at some point. Because reasons.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Wed May 01, 2013 7:57 pm

Which one?
Either one would be pretty cool to see.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Sex: Male
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed May 01, 2013 8:08 pm

The one with legs, because the symbiote looks like a pretty pretty butterfly
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Thu May 02, 2013 7:27 am

I'd think that something like that would be a season finale sort of creature. But, then again, we don't know for sure.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu May 02, 2013 6:15 pm

I need to get around to playing the game. Sometime in the future.

And it's nice to see something good on the Sci-Fi Channel. I wonder how long it will last. I kinda have no faith in the channel after they replaced Stargate with the dumbest thing on TV (aka wrestling), and Sanctuary with... um, nothing.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu May 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Valikdu wrote:I need to get around to playing the game. Sometime in the future.

And it's nice to see something good on the Sci-Fi Channel. I wonder how long it will last. I kinda have no faith in the channel after they replaced Stargate with the dumbest thing on TV (aka wrestling), and Sanctuary with... um, nothing.
I wanted to cry when SG-1 ended (even if the last 2 seasons were pretty meh). Honestly I hardly ever watch the channel anymore because of what they play now. So many horrible shows that just hurt my soul. The only thing I do watch is their reruns of SG-1 and occasionally I get in the mood for a horrible, overly-predictable monster movie.

This is really the first time I've had a reason to look at anything new from that channel that I legitimately enjoy. And I really do hope that it stays this good (totally isn't hoping it's his new SG-1 to fill the void in his soul).
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu May 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Try Sanctuary. It was good. I initially checked it out because it's what Amanda Tapping started doing after SG Atlantis, and then I liked it and stayed. Well, until they cancelled it, too.

occasionally I get in the mood for a horrible, overly-predictable monster movie.

THIS IS THE EEEND OF TIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!! Defiance Discussion Thread *Warning: Spoilers* 2937254162
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu May 16, 2013 5:58 am

Well, finally got around to Episode 5.

1) Fuck E-Rep, as if the game didn't already teach that enough.

2) Damn Irisa. Just damn.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Fri May 17, 2013 8:33 am

I just got around to watching this weeks episode. Hot damn. I knew Irisa and Tommy would probably get together, but wow.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri May 17, 2013 11:03 am

So, I tried to watch Defiance, but I couldn't find episode 1 anywhere it'll show for Canada. Just 2, 3, 4 and 5 on Showcase.
Ugh.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Fri May 17, 2013 11:35 am

Ketchup wrote:So, I tried to watch Defiance, but I couldn't find episode 1 anywhere it'll show for Canada. Just 2, 3, 4 and 5 on Showcase.
Ugh.
It used to be there, guess they must have taken it down for some reason.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Sex: Male
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Fri May 17, 2013 11:41 am

Ketchup wrote:So, I tried to watch Defiance, but I couldn't find episode 1 anywhere it'll show for Canada. Just 2, 3, 4 and 5 on Showcase.
Ugh.
Did you try watching it on the Syfy website? I'm not sure if it'll work for the land of maple syrup and moose, but it works here in the US.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri May 17, 2013 11:50 am

It's 'unavailable at this time' for me on the Syfy site, and it's simply not on the Showtime site. Rather odd.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun May 19, 2013 10:52 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:I just got around to watching this weeks episode. Hot damn. I knew Irisa and Tommy would probably get together, but wow.
Right? And now I'm waiting for the next episode to see what happens with them.
My guess is that Tommy wants to get with her but she really doesn't want to get in any kind of relationship, just because that seems like her personality overall in my mind.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue May 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Episode 6 watched.
Spoiler:

and I watched the 'later in the season' clip:

Too bad there isn't another episode until June, stupid holidays.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Finished episode 7. Really good one, but my only really big comment is the end:

oh my god.
Oh My God.
OH MY GOD
OHHHH MYYYY GOOOOOD
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down