Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+14
Icy Shake
RoboRed
Epsilon
StoneSlinger88
brony all alone
Valikdu
Katarn
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
O. Hinds
Frost
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Stringtheory
18 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Did we swap friend codes? I can't remember.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:47 pm

I think we did.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Frost
spoilered by me for length:
I think you're right on that account. While the online community has been looking more into BDSM, it seems, every ancient and wizened guru of the whippin' arts has to start off with "alright, so it's pretty much nothing like in Realistically, more like two or three shades of Grey."

Abuse is another matter and is a point of heavy contention already, with statistics varying widely and debates ongoing as to invading people's privacy vs. ensuring the safety of a possible abused party, among other things. Many make the argument that culture is too tolerant of obsessive, controlling, and possessive behavior even in a non-outright-violent context, and it's not really a matter of debate that Fallout 3's color palette portrays these and portrays them as normal. It's certainly drawing attention to the matter of abuse--in the worst way possible.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Fallout 3's color palette

...wouldn't it be 50 Shades of Brown with Green Filters?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:35 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Fallout 3's color palette

...wouldn't it be 50 Shades of Brown with Green Filters?
That's the scat-play sequel.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:02 am

@swicked
For me, at least, hearsay, summaries, and excerpts - enough to know the prose sucks and that, if I'm not being lied to, it's not what most people would call a healthy relationship. Basic narrative of the trilogy seems to be "ultra-rich, damaged, god-man flirts with plain, average nobody-woman after chance meeting; goes out of his way to control every part of her life, in and out of the bedroom, which she finds uncomfortable yet erotic (I guess, since she keeps half-breaking up with him then sleeping with him immediately over it, according to the Wikipedia plot synopses); she 'fixes' him, they get married and have 2.5 kids." The BDSM folks have issues with the depictions of BDSM, 'cos the sex interest guy Gray seems to view the sub/dom relationship as extending to all parts of life, ignores safe words at some point, and literally looks at the relationship as a contract rather than, well, a relationship. Plus, there's the implication that the only reason Gray's like that is because he was statutorily raped by one of his mum's friends when he was 15, which I expect doesn't sit well with people who're already stuck with defending themselves from being seen as dangerous, damaged perverts. Most other folks are taking issue with the ultra-controlling aspects of Gray's obsession, such as his buying portraits a friend of hers painted so nobody else can have her image, his buying her company and using his position to keep her from leaving on a business trip, his extravagant gift-giving (first edition books, a laptop for the purpose of researching BDSM [something the author might have tried]), his insistence on setting hard boundaries on her personal conduct (no talking about their relationship, he has to okay her seeing friends), and how, even when they're broken up, he keeps on popping into her life. That's what I understand of it, anyway. Might well have missed some points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:35 am

I find this interesting
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:48 pm

Huh, honestly I'm kinda surprised to see C.H. Sommers. Got the feeling she wouldn't have very many fans here.

If more Feminists were like her and they talked about privilege in the manner Frost had I wouldn't have a problem with either of those things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:59 pm

@Recent fimbulwinter:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:32 pm

Ain't that the damn truth:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:37 am

...so I heard that Attila: Total War has the family trees back, that's good. What about the AI, is it still retarded like in Rome 2? And are the gates still melee-able?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:42 am

Romance tips for Sci:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:43 am

Got a few inches of snow. Unfortunately the snow on my roof has melted and froze my door shut, now I can't get out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:49 am

There is always window.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:59 am

But my windows don't open.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:09 am

If your doors open outward, there's always the Infantry way of opening doors.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:09 am

Hell, it works if it opens inward, too. Just a bit harder manlier.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:18 am

Alternatively you can make another window/door using saw..or someone/yourself as battering ram.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:32 am

If your door was on fire, I bet the ice would melt.

edit: this is like a point and click adventure game. Have you tried rubbing everything in your pockets on the door?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:05 pm

The solution was nowhere near strange enough to be point and click adventure. Though I did try microwaving the water I had on hand and dumping the boiling mess outside the small crack in the door I could make, it was not effective.

It may have been close to the infantry solution as I used a shovel, which I'm sure is the bastard cousin of the e-tool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:08 pm

This is some HP Lovecraft-story-spawning shit right here. Apparently, we had a pair of dead, foreign stars visit our solar system 70,000 years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:54 pm

And like the comets that mark great Omens as signs from the gods, the passing dead stars marked the day that your mother was born.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Notice: My internet is currently not working. I do not know when I will get it back. I'm typing this from somewhere that closes in less than two hours today and that I don't know when I'll be able to reach again. Please, therefore, do not expect prompt responses. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. It's certainly causing me inconvenience.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:This is some HP Lovecraft-story-spawning shit right here. Apparently, we had a pair of dead, foreign stars visit our solar system 70,000 years ago.
Neat!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:57 pm

I'll just note that given the absurdly long orbital period of comets that are that far in the Oort Cloud,

It may be possible that some of those that were disturbed by the passing of the Dark Star and the Unborn Star only now come to reach us.

Cue cosmic horror OR apocalypse story.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Speaking of bloated, dead stars, how is Arnie doing? Haven't seen him since The Last Stand
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Isn't he still El Governator de la Nueva Republica de California?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:21 pm

Not for a couple years.

He's acting again. The new Terminator remember?
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:42 pm

Haven't followed either newsfeed, I'm afraid.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:59 pm

Frost wrote:Speaking of bloated, dead stars, how is Arnie doing? Haven't seen him since The Last Stand

We can wait until July and see? Although I'm not sure how much of the movie he is in.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:16 pm

Why is MH4U being so pushy about upgrading my armor an weapons? I know it's a huge part of the game but I only just killed the first big monster. What's the rush?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next