Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+14
Icy Shake
RoboRed
Epsilon
StoneSlinger88
brony all alone
Valikdu
Katarn
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
O. Hinds
Frost
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Stringtheory
18 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 11, 2015 4:13 am

RoboRed wrote:I was just wondering about the chapter sans endnotes.
...Does that number work for you, then, or do you want me to perform a more complicated procedure to get a closer one? Sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Mon May 11, 2015 7:37 am

...Was I coming off as terse or something? Maybe I should have ended that with a "Thank you".
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon May 11, 2015 4:14 pm

swicked wrote:...what was your opinion of Eragon?
Or how about Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?
Call me uncultured swine, but I've never actually seen the latter. The former, well.....the books, overall, when all the ups and downs are factored in, average out to "pretty okay."  The movie was a pile of dogshit  

In unrelated news, all this living with nature I've been doing has taught me an invaluable lesson--fuck nature. I just go around kicking down plants and stuff because fuck this entire planet that is not paved and built over ten stories tall. 

Also, apparently "kick it" is not actually what you're supposed to do when you find the nose-cone of a missile in the abandoned missile test site you're using for training. It didn't go off, though; so I still feel kinda cheated  Anticlimax and all that.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon May 11, 2015 5:59 pm

Frost wrote:In unrelated news, all this living with nature I've been doing has taught me an invaluable lesson--fuck nature. I just go around kicking down plants and stuff because fuck this entire planet that is not paved and built over ten stories tall.
#fireants
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed May 13, 2015 1:36 am

swicked wrote:
Frost wrote:
Call me uncultured swine, but I've never actually seen the latter. The former, well.....the books, overall, when all the ups and downs are factored in, average out to "pretty okay."  The movie was a pile of dogshit  
My point was that they are both movies that seemed to be very popular but that I, at least, felt were garbage. I was just curious how divergent our tastes were.
Don't bother seeing CT,HD.
I'll be honest, yer choice of movies is a little confusing. CTHD is supposed to be a masterpiece of a kungfu movie (I personally had a hard time watching it, but I chalked that up to cultural differences), but I struggle to think of anyone ever saying something nice about the Eragon movie. Even me! And I fucking love tons of what other people call shitty movies (Ex. The Core, Stealth, Riddick, Predators). If you were to ask my brother, an avid fan of the Eragon books, he would tell you it was a travesty of a pile of horseshit that bastardized the source material.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed May 13, 2015 2:28 am

Tytan wrote:
swicked wrote:
Frost wrote:
My point was that they are both movies that seemed to be very popular but that I, at least, felt were garbage. I was just curious how divergent our tastes were.
Don't bother seeing CT,HD.
he would tell you it was a travesty of a pile of horseshit that bastardized the source material.
Yep, it's also my go to adaptation that completely disregarded the source material. It's like they didn't even read the book, just the synopsis of it... Scootaloo
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed May 13, 2015 3:11 pm

This video just changed my life:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed May 13, 2015 6:12 pm

Fillies and gentlecolts, I am proud to announce the wheels of Fallout: Germaneigh are finally beginning to turn. Would anyone be willing to be a proofreader and editor for me?

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 6:25 pm

Chickens with dinosaur snouts.

@Iron
Sweet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed May 13, 2015 7:54 pm

Sci-lulz
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed May 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Frost wrote:Sci-lulz
asdfasdgjkalsd jklaasdfkla;sjdfkljas;ljkl;lksdja;klfkdjklfjad;f

"I AM A DRAGON. YOU ARE NOW ASIAN."

ADKLFJAS;KLDJFASDKLHGA;KLDHGA;KLSDJFA;KLSDJFASD;KLJFA;LKSDJG;KLASDJH;GLQKWEB;GLAKSDZJ;FKLAJSDFADFAS
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed May 13, 2015 8:56 pm

relevant2somber?:
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/p200x200/10906218_641455419322594_1908619713887494113_n.jpg?oh=10a127fc31ad36dba9833f5a611ba6df&oe=55C8A0DD
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed May 13, 2015 9:09 pm

RoboRed wrote:
relevant2somber?:
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/p200x200/10906218_641455419322594_1908619713887494113_n.jpg?oh=10a127fc31ad36dba9833f5a611ba6df&oe=55C8A0DD
I once lasted about ten minutes, maybe fifteen, as a personal tutor, before I gave up because I couldn't explain to a college junior or senior how
(1+X)*(1 + Y) = (1 + Z)^2: solve for Z
in an applied problem, with X and Y known, and calculators permitted, worked. I gave the money back. TA-ing much, much more difficult classes with different students? No problem.

EDIT: Actually, it may have been:
(1+X)*(1 + Y) = (1 + Z)^2: solve for Y
with X and Z known.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 9:13 pm

Spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbvzyY1FKr0

This is great. Reggie is the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 10:10 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
with X and Z known.
Dang, man, I have not used maths in years and I can get that.

Semi-related note, sometimes I edit stuff. I have made myself stop offering to do it so often because I have learned that people, uh, can't do grammar no goodly as quite much so, there. I mean, I thought my gramarye was wonky; my prose stilted, unapproachable; but dang, yo. I've read stuff written by funny, clever dudes that touches on some deep-ass fuckin' themes (innuendo intenduendoed), and they still had no idea how to use dialogue tags. (EDIT: I'm sure your thing doesn't need this level of editing, Iron, but I'm also not up for a longterm editing thing 'cos I'm trying to devote large sums of time to me own scrawlin' - good luck, though!)

@Guarddogjr
Wow. Did Nintendo just preemptively win E3?

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 14, 2015 12:12 am

regarding teaching:
My mother, this latest semester, had a student write a poetry essay on a piece of nonfiction prose, apparently under the impression that it was free verse.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu May 14, 2015 12:45 am

I actually have this as a poster on my wall.

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu May 14, 2015 6:12 am

Icy Shake wrote:
I once lasted about ten minutes, maybe fifteen, as a personal tutor, before I gave up because I couldn't explain to a college junior or senior how
(1+X)*(1 + Y) = (1 + Z)^2: solve for Z
in an applied problem, with X and Y known, and calculators permitted, worked. I gave the money back. TA-ing much, much more difficult classes with different students? No problem.

with X and Z known.

The latter is stupid easy.

With X and Z known solve for Y:
(1+X)*(1 + Y) = (1 + Z)^2

(1 + Y) = (1 + Z)^2/(1+X)

Y = ((1 + Z)^2/(1+X))-1

This on the other hand is holy shit hard.

(1 + X)*(1 + Y) = (1 + Z)^2: solve for Z

[Y = ((1 + Z)^2/(1 + X)) - 1]

(1 + X)*(1 + Y) = (1 + Z)^2

(1 + X)*(1 + (((1 + Z)^2/(1 + X))-1)) = (1 + Z)^2

And that's about as far as I can get with any certainty, so this is probably wrong.
(Goes to Wolfram alpha to see if what I wanted to try is right.)
Oh... Well that was easier than I thought.

(1 + X) + (((1 + Z)^2 *(1 + X))/(1 + X)) - (1 + X)

(((1 + Z)^2 *(1 + X))/(1 + X))

(1 + Z)^2 = (1 + Z)^2

So, essentially, I proved (1 + X)*(1 + (((1 + Z)^2/(1 + X))-1)) = (1 + Z)^2 is true.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Thu May 14, 2015 2:58 pm

I found this funny:
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 14, 2015 3:29 pm

New animation by Captain Hoers!

Spitfire's Day Off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp0u7vHLqTs
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 14, 2015 4:11 pm

I love that guy's stuff.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu May 14, 2015 7:44 pm

Tytan, you're thinking about it too hard.

(1 + X)*(1 + Y) = (1 + Z)^2

-> sqrt([1 + X]*[1 + Y]) = +/-(1 + Z)  
(and here we restrict to the positive case because of the application*, but getting the negative case isn't too bad either)
-> sqrt([1 + X]*[1 + Y]) = 1 + Z
-> sqrt([1 + X]*[1 + Y]) - 1= Z

*Interest rates.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu May 14, 2015 8:16 pm

Funnily enough, every math problem I come across has a solution of "5.56"
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu May 14, 2015 10:50 pm

Well, ladies and gents, someone's finally being recognized for all their merit. 

After countless days displaying my tactical and technical proficiency; stepping up to do any task required; and taking charge whenever I was needed--after this field problem's over, they're finally making me.......

The goddamned RTO
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu May 14, 2015 11:25 pm

Frost wrote:Well, ladies and gents, someone's finally being recognized for all their merit. 

After countless days displaying my tactical and technical proficiency; stepping up to do any task required; and taking charge whenever I was needed--after this field problem's over, they're finally making me.......

The goddamned RTO
Congrats on the new phone.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Thu May 14, 2015 11:32 pm

Frost wrote:Well, ladies and gents, someone's finally being recognized for all their merit. 

The goddamned RTO

I'm sure you'll do fine. You don't seem like the kind of guy who phones things in.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu May 14, 2015 11:39 pm

When I'm hauling around the twenty-five-pound pack (in addition to my forty/forty-five pounds of standard gear) and following the LT around like methhead puppy, I'm going to take the time to find everyone who talks about the "huge cell phones they had back in their day" and ranger-kick them 'til they're retarded. 

At least we're getting a new LT soon. If I had to work with 'the Colonel' every day, I'd gouge one of our gallbladders out with a plastic spork
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 11:46 pm

The goddamned RTO
Grats on the position, even if it's not what you were hoping for and/or merited. My understanding of armies by way of fantasy cliches leads me to believe that being the guy relaying orders and intelligence puts you on the fast-track to becoming the big goddamn hero, due to being in a position to POV both exposition and plot critical information.

(also WHO WAS PHONE? Frost. Frost was phone.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri May 15, 2015 12:17 am

My main concern is whether or not the new LT'll be a shithead, considering I'll work with him more than anyone short of the Platoon Sergeant
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 15, 2015 3:39 am

Good luck.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next