Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+14
Icy Shake
RoboRed
Epsilon
StoneSlinger88
brony all alone
Valikdu
Katarn
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
O. Hinds
Frost
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Stringtheory
18 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:32 am

Oh, dear. I've just realized something terrible. I've been taken drinking by a friend (due to recent birthday), and I'm rather well soused (not such that I have difficulty walking, but pretty well, really, as evinced by my typing and talking like this), and I'm quite happy. This is no good at all. Can't quite articulate why this should be, but it does mesh fairly unwell. Feels like being sleep deprived, anyway, without the crippling self-doubt that often accompanies said. Anywho, tonight was quite nice. I took a set off a decent player at SSBM (attended a tournament), took two stock off one of the best players in New England (though IMO he was either still getting warmed up or not quite playing serious because I had a decent read on him for the last half of the game, which should not happen because my talents at SSBM are middling at best), and tried shark for the first time (tastes like fishy chicken). I hope everyone else is having a good night, too. :)

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:42 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Oh, dear. I've just realized something terrible. I've been taken drinking by a friend (due to recent birthday), and I'm rather well soused (not such that I have difficulty walking, but pretty well, really, as evinced by my typing and talking like this), and I'm quite happy. This is no good at all. Can't quite articulate why this should be, but it does mesh fairly unwell. Feels like being sleep deprived, anyway, without the crippling self-doubt that often accompanies said. Anywho, tonight was quite nice. I took a set off a decent player at SSBM (attended a tournament), took two stock off one of the best players in New England (though IMO he was either still getting warmed up or not quite playing serious because I had a decent read on him for the last half of the game, which should not happen because my talents at SSBM are middling at best), and tried shark for the first time (tastes like fishy chicken). I hope everyone else is having a good night, too. :)
Well, considering how much fun you're having being drunk/buzzed makes me want to try it. Now all I need is someone with a social life to follow around... Scootaloo
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:45 am

Well it seems like you're a happy drunk, that's good. If you're worried about forming habits then just drink with your friends, I assume you don't have the time or money to hang out with them on a daily basis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:40 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Oh, dear. I've just realized something terrible. I've been taken drinking by a friend (due to recent birthday), and I'm rather well soused (not such that I have difficulty walking, but pretty well, really, as evinced by my typing and talking like this), and I'm quite happy. This is no good at all. Can't quite articulate why this should be, but it does mesh fairly unwell. Feels like being sleep deprived, anyway, without the crippling self-doubt that often accompanies said. Anywho, tonight was quite nice. I took a set off a decent player at SSBM (attended a tournament), took two stock off one of the best players in New England (though IMO he was either still getting warmed up or not quite playing serious because I had a decent read on him for the last half of the game, which should not happen because my talents at SSBM are middling at best), and tried shark for the first time (tastes like fishy chicken). I hope everyone else is having a good night, too. :)
I'm less a happy drunk and more a deadpan, hyper-critical, nascent-god-complex type of drunk. I do believe I've referred to people as 'serfs' while intoxicated before.

I guess. Not that I drink, of course. Such a thing would be unethical for one underaged such as I.

EDIT: wake up, sheeple
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:21 pm

My boner's about to explode into bloody chunks

These are Sci's stories
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Found Jiffy Pop three months past "best buy" date. Still delicious and I'm loving my hot plate I have next to my desk.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:29 pm

Pillars of Eternity is released this week...

My boner is the boner that pierces the heavens.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:44 am

An interesting article.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Uh, okay... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NABXU28sksE
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:25 am

Yo, we got any Brits among us who can give a report on public feeling viz. the possible (probable?) vast conspiracy of pedophiles in office circa Margie "Milk Snatcher" Thatcher (and maybe before and after)? Shit's a bit crazy, sounds like.

Meanwhile, back on the homefront, apparently attendance to Tedward "Teddy the Bear" Cruz's announcement of his campaign to be nominated as his party's choice for President was mandatory for Liberty University's students, which is hilarious, telling, and pathetic.

In lighter news, as a species we literally shit gold (also vanadium) in amounts large enough to potentially make "mining" it worthwhile, according to this article. One study's estimate put the value of a given American's shit at around $13 in various metals. I'm not sure on the timescale for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:57 am

@OAC, That shit thing might be a thing, but if you ask a woman to choose between a ring made from gold that was mined by children in African warzones or mined from someones ass; nine times outta ten they're gonna feel a little guilty for little Rolilala's plight when they look at their engagement ring.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:33 am

Are you fucking kidding me? 

Free-range eggs from happy chickens are shit compared to the PETA-nightmare torture-farm yumminess. Wild meat is nothing compared to tender, sweet brutalized slave-stock. Lobster, boiled alive and screaming, is the tastiest meat of all. 

The more suffering it has caused, the more we enjoy it. The more little Rishi toiled digging those diamonds out of the rocks, the more smiles it brings to faces and the more hearts (and legs) it opens. Tears, my friend, are the ultimate sweetener.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:53 am

(To clarify, in that situation the woman picked the african suffering ring.)
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:14 pm

What, did people think we made the very best things in life with our love? Such naiveté
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Awesomeness:
TIE Fighter - short film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:06 pm

RoboRed wrote:Awesomeness:

> YT Comment (appr.): THIS IS WHAT DISNEY SHOULD BE DOING WITH STAR WARS INSTEAD OF THE BULLSHIT THEY'RE DOING

I agree.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:27 pm

RoboRed wrote:Awesomeness:
I went in not knowing what to expect and I came out amazed. We need a full episode, heck an entire show of this pronto. Reading the character profiles especially makes me want a full show: http://www.mediafire.com/view/cpnc1oj27dkosc4/Tie%20Fighter_project%20materials.pdf
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:52 pm

That was fucking awesome. For one thing, it's actually pretty cool to get a bit of classic-style rock going instead of the rather stereotypical orchestral/classical pieces that accommodate Star Wars (and Sci-Fi in general) typically. I also like the characters involved, as has been pointed out--particularly Flight Lieutenant Ada. Most works with a lone female in the cast tend to feature either a cold, reserved ice-queen type or a cliche spunky, feisty tomboy. An near-suicidal glory-hound of a bomber with penchant for tinkering and a mild-to-moderate disconnect with reality (that badass scar on her face is from opening a closet) is rarer.

In other news, I've been binge watching the fuck out of Steven Universe, and it's completely amazing. It almost reminds me of the classic Spongebob shows, with a strange, unusual premise that is played completely straight-laced alongside a constant barrage of jokes and gags (half of which, I'm sure, fly right over the target audience's heads) and the characters are all awesome--hell, Pearl, a character that I should by all rights despise, is my favorite character on the show.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:23 pm

@TIE Fighter
Also, why don't more series do the transparent helmet thing when we need to see the character's faces? It removes the silliness of a face revealing helmet in a situation where you definitely want an sealed suit. (do Rebel helmets have some kind of quick deploy mouth-guard thingy if they suddenly lose cockpit pressure? Or is ejecting simply not a thing in the SW universe?) It's an interesting effect, though I'd just make the front of the helmet invisible rather than the entire thing.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:56 pm

I found some animations I thought were worth sharing. The first two I think would appeal to Sci, the latter two are frost approved.:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:30 pm

Picked up HLM2. Not done with it yet, but it's some damn good stuff. Absolutely rage-inducing at some points (throw together ultrafast enemies you can't kill with guns alongside enemies you can ONLY kill by shooting them several times, and the only guns available are six-shot revolvers and you get a fast-pass to fuckity-fuck town), and a lot less twitchy than the first one, inasmuch as you simply cannot be twitchy enough to make it past most of the levels solely on the merits of your twitchings, and have to rely on planning, experimentation, and repetition to an insane degree. Speedruns of this game are going to be fucking amazing.

The story is weird. It's engaging, but really, really weird. The first one had a weird story, too, but this one has a whole lot of stuff actually going on, a complex plot, multiple characters interacting across some sort of alternate-history timeline, all while the entire thing is riddled with dream sequences, flashbacks, hallucinations, prophetic visions, and I don't know what.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:58 am

apparently there's also a "movie poster" for that tie fighter video:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:19 am

RoboRed wrote:
Have I mentioned it would make an amazing show yet? Rainbow

On the topic of awesome Star Wars fan projects I present for everyone's viewing pleasure especially those who have served in the military and can truly appreciate the humor:
I.M.P.S. The Relentless:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUbmYfAF2i4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvubKf3BK04
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:39 am

@Robo

Everything looks better in anime style.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:07 am

correct use of selfie stick:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:42 pm

@Swicked

Right, I actually forgot there are different styles. I've been binge-watching Gundam shows, so my perspective is understandably skewed. That, and I've been devoting most of my brain-power toward designing a prototype for a new project of mine.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Costa Rica really is a Green nation.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:50 pm

Stringtheory wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
Have I mentioned it would make an amazing show yet? Rainbow

On the topic of awesome Star Wars fan projects I present for everyone's viewing pleasure especially those who have served in the military and can truly appreciate the humor:
I.M.P.S. The Relentless:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUbmYfAF2i4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvubKf3BK04
That's pretty cool--it's nice to see the average Imperial soldiers being portrayed as, y'know, guys who joined the Imperial Army, rather than faceless goons or psychotic sadists. 

Though I presume that CQB op the team did in the first episode was supposed to look like a bag of flaming dick-shaped turds rather than anything you'd see even a half-assed team of grunts doing? The support vehicle breaking down in the second episode, though, was fucking spot-on. I'm surprised all four vehicles left the Star Destroyer without being deadlined.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Unrelated: Hispanic Jorge is a wise man
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Harmony wrote:Costa Rica really is a Green nation.
Wow.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next