Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
O. Hinds
Tytan
Scienza
Katarn
Kattlarv
brony all alone
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Vinylshadow
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
20 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 14 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Just finished seeing Interstellar. As a Sci-fi, it was quite good. Not the most original sci-fi type setting, but good. As a character drama, it was also quite good. Interesting driving dynamic complicated by the sci-fi considerations. As a hard-science setting, it was absolutely horrible, though that's to be expected from a movie called "interstellar" and not featuring unmanned probes going to Proxima Centuri, but that can be forgiven as that's about as exciting as watching bacterial cultures develop in a can of spam.
So, just checking...

Do you agree with me on the idea that, in the end, the most sympathetic protagonists in the movie are the two robots?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 14 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Absolutely. Especially considering their hunky voices.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:46 am

Been playing DA:I.
In one of my forts Sargent asks recruits this:
-What is the chief weapons of Inquisition?

After that...Monthy Pyton continues. Now I just HAVE to find Giant Killer Nug.

Spoiler:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:46 am

Katarn wrote:Been playing DA:I.
In one of my forts Sargent asks recruits this:
-What is the chief weapons of Inquisition?

After that...Monthy Pyton continues. Now I just HAVE to find Giant Killer Nug.

Spoiler:
There's a War Nug mount.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:53 am

How can I get it?!

Edit:
Found it. How to.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:30 am

The only reason I want a 360 is so that I can play The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, which is what the Incredible Hulk tried to be and fell rather flat...

Well...maybe Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/II as well...and the [Prototype] series, which plays an awful lot like Ultimate Destruction, straight up to using Devastators to completely wreck a guy's day

Nothing beats running up the side of a building and elbow-dropping 50 stories to ruin some poor shmuck's day
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTUvUDEnn4I

Why would you protest catholicism or the catholic church or the pope in that manner?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:36 pm

*non sequitur transition*:

Also, read the new Ava's Demon update. SWEET FUCKING JESUS
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:36 pm

Well, that shit just got about eight times as real as I was expecting.

I'm sure she's fine, though.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:20 am

I wish Ava's demon worked on my browser. I get two pages in then it breaks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:20 am

Last wrote:I wish Ava's demon worked on my browser. I get two pages in then it breaks.
Huh, what browser? And surely you have another installed as an alternative.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:34 am

Nope. I don't use my computer often at all honestly I just load up my xbox. It's browser works for most things but for some reason it hates Ava's demon. Like I said it gets to page two craps out and then I can't continue anymore, I can hit the last page button and get to the last page but that plus the two first pages don't make for the most complete story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:48 am

Last wrote:Nope. I don't use my computer often at all honestly I just load up my xbox. It's browser works for most things but for some reason it hates Ava's demon. Like I said it gets to page two craps out and then I can't continue anymore, I can hit the last page button and get to the last page but that plus the two first pages don't make for the most complete story.
Ah, I see.  The website for Ava's Demon seems to be set up for an easy one-click-next-page or arrow keys navigation. All the pages seem to be loaded by one .php file and when you click next (or click the curent panel or hit an arrow key) it simply loads the next picture and not the entire page, with only videos and animated panels being their own pages. This setup works wonders on full browsers, but apparently your xbox must hate it for whatever reason. My theory is that it only allocates space for the original static webpage and it doesn't clear out the old picture because it expects a static webpage when instead the site is a stream of pictures...or something. Try mobile, or break out your computer if you're motivated enough.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:56 am

@Ava's Demon
Wow, a thousand-odd pages sure do fly by.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:03 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Ava's Demon
Well, it's only 1000+ panels, most regular comics have more, but yes Ava's Demon flies by because of that.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:28 am

Stringtheory wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Ava's Demon
Well, it's only 1000+ panels, most regular comics have more, but yes Ava's Demon flies by because of that.
Quite quite, yes. Damn good use of the medium, I think. This'd be one of those comics I'd refer people to when they want to see a comic that's inherently web-based. Not even for the films, but just for that single-panel layout. Works like an elegant flipbook, almost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:42 am

To say some more on Blue Planet...
BP: Age of Aquarius is kinda rough around the edges, but still enhoyable.
BP: War in Heaven, on the other hand, is completely sublime.

-Most missions are a lot more technically complex and generally impressive than in the retail FS2.
-Awesome new ships of all sizes. You really can't tell from the models that they're for a 1999 game.
-Actual characters. And character development. In Freespace. Even without voicing (although they're working on this).
-To go with the previous point, there's the really great between-mission story fragments.
-Sometimes the story decides to really unsettle you. And it does. There's one such moment in WiH Release 1, but there's more in 2. Writers from Battlestar Galactica really should take notes about how to combine mystical elements with space opera.

Last edited by Valikdu on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:43 am

Ah, Freespace. So much time wasted spent in joy of playing that game. I'm looking forward to BP.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:29 am

new borderlands game trailer:

Also, can someone tell me what song is playing or give me part of the lyrics, I'll find it. I was listening it for ~ hour, but couldn't get all lyrics correct.

Black Pistol FIre-Beelzebub:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:25 am

Spoiler:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:25 am

swicked wrote:Gosh, I couldn't  stop thinking about the latest Ava's Demon update last night and have been listening to that song on repeat a bunch today. I'm actually shaking a little, I'm  so... it's something like elation. Captivation? Something. My breath feels like it has a hitch in it.
When I got home I've got to make an account on that forum and thank the artist for such a powerful scene.

I love that comic :D
Swick, sometimes you scare me.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:29 am

Should we call an exorcist?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:30 am

Vinylshadow wrote:Should we call an exorcist?
Nah, he's scary, but fun!
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:33 am

Every day, it gets harder to tell if they've stopped doing satire and become an actual news site.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:48 am

Surprise! Turns out it was real all along

...Gotta wonder though: Would removing negative voices from office actually improve the way the Government is run?

Depends on what they were speaking out against, I think
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:17 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:...Gotta wonder though: Would removing negative voices from office actually improve the way the Government is run?
Are you familiar with the concept of totalitarianism? Removing dissent leaves a sycophant-encouraged reckless idiot in charge at best and an autocrat at worst. Due process and checks-and-balances don't stop because you support what's being checked. That's the entire purpose of why they exist, in fact.

I'm honestly impressed at how you keep managing to say stuff so flatly stupid it can kill even the silliest, most sarcastic conversations.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:31 pm

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:45 pm

I've heard the term, can't say I like the idea.

One person in charge, who thinks of the people when they make laws and I'd be a lot happier with how this country is run.

Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:49 pm

The current structure of the government is based on the idea that no one can be wholly trusted with power. And every single day, that idea is proven right.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Wow, I do seem to channel Star Wars beliefs a lot, don't I?
I'm slow to anger, easily amused, think there only needs to be one person in charge, don't care what happens around me...

And I do love me a black robe...

-
Yaerfaerda's chugging along smoothly

Might mean "Yesterday's Journey"
Still only 1/3 through Austraeoh though...joy
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next