Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
O. Hinds
Tytan
Scienza
Katarn
Kattlarv
brony all alone
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Vinylshadow
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
20 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:51 pm

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:I do pride myself on a fair knowledge of military history, so we should likely set aside that discussion.
History has always been my worst subject, so you'd likely beat me in a great many arguments about historical precedent.
With that and the fact that I don't want to spend that sort of time, I suppose we'll agree to quasi-disagree for the time being
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:54 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:I do pride myself on a fair knowledge of military history, so we should likely set aside that discussion.
History has always been my worst subject, so you'd likely beat me in a great many arguments about historical precedent.
With that and the fact that I don't want to spend that sort of time, I suppose we'll agree to quasi-disagree for the time being
I think the important thing to take away from this is that, while Heinlein spoke sense, his quote/philosophy doesn't apply to every situation.

Yes, the Allies kicked the shit out of Hitler.

But Gandhi liberated India from British rule without firing a single shot.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:15 pm

It's been a while since I studied Indian history, but I believe that had as much to do with a war-torn Britain wanting to cut back from being spread out over the world as with the movement itself.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:22 pm

Mister Frost wrote:It's been a while since I studied Indian history, but I believe that had as much to do with a war-torn Britain wanting to cut back from being spread out over the world as with the movement itself.
That might've been part of it, but a good deal of it was the peaceful protests of the natives would sometimes end in beatings and sometimes killings of unarmed protestors at the hands british, and it was making them look like evil assholes.

I'm a little fuzzy on how it was all resolved, but I think they finalized it in the courts (which would make sense, I'm pretty sure Gandhi was a lawyer before he was a 'warrior of peace').
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:47 pm

XD:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:31 am

Tytan wrote:
XD:
Ha, Ha, Ha, YES! Dash clapping I love that image and the first time I saw CIS used without knowing the context my mind went immediately to the Confederacy of Independent Systems. And that image has just just reinforced that mental image.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:27 am

God dammit this shit is hilarious:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rze-TEJJpYs

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:53 am

Freeman's Mind finally hits Xen after...seven years

*whistles*
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:34 pm

@Last and Guard:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:40 pm

Aww, they're so cute when they're not ripping the skin off your face
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:22 pm

Well, I finally got around to seeing Fury, and I don't regret it. Though it's been done time and again before, seeing the near-pacifist greenhorn's transition to wrathful machine of war (I trust this isn't a spoiler for anyone who's seen just about any war movie) is satisfying indeed.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:42 pm

Tytan wrote:
@Last and Guard:

Hope the theory about that scene is correct, I don't see why it couldn't be, can't remember which it's been a long time since I've seen the movies but wasn't there a scene where one of the guys controlled or at least confused raptors with some whistle?

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:09 pm

swicked wrote:Came across a mention of a game called "Hatred".
Google gave me this:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/17/6994921/hatred-the-polygon-interview

This is a pretty funny bit of trolling, I have to admit. I especially like how shallow a concept the trailer makes the game out to be while one of its makers writes for pages in this email about how artful, deep and expressive their work is. Plus all the smilies.
While the notion of playing as a violent, hyper-nihilistic character is mildly intriguing in concept, its execution as mindless, lowest-common-denominator gorn is less so. The philosophy of the violent, the warrior, and the utterly debauched is a platform for something more than mindless entertainment, I think.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:14 pm

I can't recall a lot of cases where the ploy of "people will buy it just to see what people are bitching about" worked very well.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:50 pm

Isn't that part of where GTA's popularity comes from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:03 pm

To my knowledge, the series has virtually always been considered to be high-quality games. Perhaps the backlash nets them some publicity, but the games' own merits are what nets them their success.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:23 am

No doubt that the games would not have sold as well if they were shitty, (I personally didn't like Vice City or GTA 4) I'd be very surprised if the "negative" publicity didn't account for at least some of their sales.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:52 am

Last wrote:No doubt that the games would not have sold as well if they were shitty, (I personally didn't like Vice City or GTA 4) I'd be very surprised if the "negative" publicity didn't account for at least some of their sales.
Some, maybe, but the games sell like hotcakes, and that's way more down to the massive hype campaigns Rockstar puts out alongside the very high investment into the games they put in. Extra publicity from people talking about the games (like Australia pulling it from shelves, for instance) helps sometimes, but it's not the kind of anti-PR campaign that Hatred looks to be going for. I don't remember any of those working in recent memory, but the '90s had a couple of them that worked with varying degrees of success. (Mayhem comes to mind)

@Hatred
It's not actually that gory, and it looks cheesy. I think if you're looking for a truly transgressive game these days, you're going to have to go back to some old Flash titles. Swicked knows a few, I remember. Problem is that transgressive stuff isn't usually "fun" in most senses of the word, and certainly isn't often satisfying. Games don't necessarily lend themselves to the genre. I don't actually think that's what these guys are trying to do, anyway, and the idiots on Polygon invoking da Nazis are probably closer to the reactions they want. Their game probably doesn't deliver, they don't have the money for a marketing campaign or the quality to make a cult sleeper hit, but they want to sell it like Marilyn Manson in the '90s. Except at least Manson had Trent Reznor producing that one album so it at least had a budget and stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:19 am

Ah, the IEM League of Legends games are happening, and it's pretty fun to see, especially with all the changes from the new pre-season patch. Best series so far was C9 versus Pain. C9 went 2-0, and Meteos described their strategy as something they hadn't practiced before and "we just sort of winged it and it worked out." Someone linked this as a pretty apt summary. Looking forward to the competitive scene this season quite a bit; hopefully the Koreans won't be quite as dominant! (They probably will be :P )

EDIT: However I am just now watching the Unicorns of Love versus TSM match and UoL is running Twisted Fate in the jungle. So that's awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fBMKYXmcxY

Hadn't seen this till now. This looks like it's gonna be fun, this might be worth thinking about a console upgrade for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Let's see....360, PS4, Wii U, 3DS and PC

That's a good setup, right?

Such langauge:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:50 pm

very weird choir:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Poetry in motion
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:03 pm

In honor of Pearl Harbor's 73rd:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:06 pm

That... is not funny. :\
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Subjectively false and objectively unfalsifiable.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:15 pm

It's one of those "Comedy equals tragedy plus time" things, right?

For some people, at least
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:01 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Subjectively false and objectively unfalsifiable.
It's maybe a liiiittle racist. "Rice krispies" from burning Asians with nuclear fire? Am I reading too much into this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:14 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Subjectively false and objectively unfalsifiable.
It's maybe a liiiittle racist. "Rice krispies" from burning Asians with nuclear fire? Am I reading too much into this?
It's only racist if you're racist.

When I read it I thought Frost meant that the Nukes 'Krispied' the rice paddies.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next