Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Frost
Ketchup
Aonee
Loud_Taffy
Cptadder
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Valikdu
Stringtheory
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Harmony Ltd.
Moodyman90
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
StoneSlinger88
Katarn
25 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:44 pm

I'd say saucy(?)..camobait?:
^ According to info I've found, it looks like it's Trixie x Luna's offspring.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Princess Molestia and Samuel L Jackson bit the dust pretty fast, as did the rest of my first squad. Though, I caught onto what I was doing wrong pretty fast.

I have a Support with Aggression: "Get away from my patient!" *gunfire*

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:49 pm

What I usually do:
On first turn - send assault as far in enemy territory as possible, moving others so they could cover/get on overwatch/attack. And send sniper as high as possible, then getting him on overwatch (opportunist+in zone = SCREW EVERYONE I HAVE BULLETS!).
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Very serious business:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:07 pm

swicked wrote:
Lumpy-faced oatmeal men:

This. I will never understand why people think Benedict Cumberbatch is good looking. He looks like a skinny ogre.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:
swicked wrote:
Lumpy-faced oatmeal men:

This. I will never understand why people think Benedict Cumberbatch is good looking. He looks like a skinny ogre.
But his voice is like silk.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:07 pm

Hue.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:32 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:
swicked wrote:
Lumpy-faced oatmeal men:

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:41 am

Returned to XCOM after leaving it idle for a few hours. Got OP name "Frozen Future".

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Wat-if-i-told-you-wat

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:20 am

Okay, i don't expect to see an answer give how frequently you all post some of the longest and most rounded of topics and nonsense on here I have to ask this as a rant.

Why do the HiE fics contain massively introverted male characters with the worst habit of bottling shit up.

“Yeah. Right. Celestia, the next time you see Twilight, tell her that I will never under any circumstances talk about what happened and that trying to make me do it increases the chances of her horn getting mounted on my wall. I am going to do my best to pretend it never happened because if I don’t, I’ll probably fly off the handle.”

This sums up the characters every experience, a personal Jesus for Equestria.

if you're curious, this is what I am reading. started it on monday and been on it and am about halfway through thirty-four.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/45860/diaries-of-a-madman
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:33 am

@Rum
Well, I'm not saying shite, boring characters that are a bit whiffy of authorial masturbation fantasy (not necessarily literally masturbatory) are unique to HiE, but they ain't rare in it, either. High school kids bottle stuff up and express it through fantasies they write out. When they get more aware of the world around them, and maybe get better at writing, the quality of these stories generally elevates - there's no law that says self-insert fiction has to be bad, after all, and furthermore as much as some folks might want to proclaim the death of the author (still!), there's no getting around the fact that stories don't just pop out of thin air.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:30 am

Still kills me, one thing I did like about Lero(xenophilia) was his level of openness although, the ultimate mary sue in terms of other bits.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:01 am

Depends on the sceario.
Article 2, the human is distrustful of the ponies, and for good reason. He has no info on them, and apparently one of them is able to do in seconds what he has been trained to withstand.

Voice Among the Stars as well as Misunderstandings has the language barrier, but the characters are pretty open regardless. Arrow 18 is similar with the barrier, but still in the learning stage. And he's busy with his notes and observations.

*snip* (Further reading changed this)

Rorschach in Equestria... Well, has Rorschach. Not exactly the most open character.

Methinks what you're encountering is resultant of the teens writing themselves, their problems, and the way they deal with it into stories. Kinda curious to see what else you're referring to.

Probably not going to read Diaries. Some gut feeling tells me I'm not going to like it.

Last edited by OneMoreDaySK on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:10 am

lul:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:23 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Depends on the sceario.
Article 2, the human is distrustful of the ponies, and for good reason. He has no info on them, and apparently one of them is able to do in seconds what he has been trained to withstand.

Voice Among the Stars as well as Misunderstandings has the language barrier, but the characters are pretty open regardless. Arrow 18 is similar with the barrier, but still in the learning stage. And he's busy with his notes and observations.

Written in Dust has a lone protagonist with no one to talk to.

Rorschach in Equestria... Well, has Rorschach. Not exactly the most open character.

Methinks what you're encountering is resultant of the teens writing themselves, their problems, and the way they deal with it into stories. Kinda curious to see what else you're referring to.

Probably not going to read Diaries. Some gut feeling tells me I'm not going to like it.
Wait, there's a Rorschach in Equestria fic?

"Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned that sometimes you need to be willing to compromise in order to work with your friends."

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."

"...Okay..."
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:36 am

Started off well enough, but then the story threw in some kind of shadow/darkside Rorschach that was messing things up, and then went on hiatus. So... yeah.

HiE fics have a bad rep due to the sheer amount of pointless Human!OCxKnownPony ships that exist. Have to constantly dig through to find ones I find worthwhile reading. Every once in a while I find one so absurd that I like it, like this oneshot of the Terry Crews Old Spice Guy in Equestria. That was... a read.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:46 am

I'm sure I've mentioned My Little Heartbreak before. The HiE fic  where they guy was sent to Equestria because he pissed off some fay creatures. Was turned into a mare as well and did not want to meet Celestia cause he was sure being sent to the moon would be the least horrible thing that would happen to him.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:15 pm

scytobait:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:49 pm

RoboRed wrote:
lul:
Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Soooo I just started using a mod for New Vegas called A Tale of Two Wastelands and its probably the greatest thing ever. Basically combines Fallout 3 and NV.

Sorry if I'm late on that, school and all.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:49 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
lul:
Spoiler:
*chokes on cereal*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Excerpt from one of Yahtzee's free books, and possibly Camo's worst nightmare:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:52 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 1920588_738008996230058_617422256_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:09 pm

i feel better about the rant, also SK I don't blame you, it would drive you mad because theres some reasons he has that are justified in being angry, but from what he's been through he should be a worse mess, turn off emotions or not,
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Should I feel bad or good that I suggested to a cash strapped room-mate that he could make money on the side by teaching his kids (5 and 9) to be bullies and he could train them up and get a cut of the kids lunch money they take.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:46 pm

...Yeah...just a bit..
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Only if you made the joke on tumblr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:55 pm

Selfbait.

Geekamena looks adorbs.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:19 am

hue:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next