Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Scienza
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Frost
Kattlarv
Valikdu
Aonee
Ketchup
Tytan
Penby
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
OneMoreDaySK
CamoBadger
25 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:38 pm

Last wrote:What?

Kkat has made another blog post.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Valikdu wrote:...Really?
Critics are "people with a vested interest in teraing down the story"?

It's one thing to be proud of one's achievements. And Kkat does have something to be proud of, sure. But this is something else.
I can get not being ecstatic about having your character reinterpreted in a manner different from what you intended, but you have to accept that it's going to happen and embrace the different angles and perspectives this draws. Morality is at it's most interesting when viewed from a different viewpoint, and seeing the judge through the eyes of the convicted adds a lot to the narrative. This is especially true for Littlepip's story, since her most significant actions are often deeply questionable. Kkat raises some good points about heroes not necessarily being defined as "the good guy", but the argument applies since FO:E's morality is so black and white.

For those confused, Kkat's latest blog post.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Having read it with the context of that sentence, I'd be a liar if I said that something similar wasn't occasionally said in the grimdark.

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:38 pm

She does seem to be liking Project Horizons, though.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:57 pm

I must have missed something, cause I read the new blog post and I didn't see a thing about critics.  Mostly about the nature of a hero and all. Anybody want to give me the context of where that was at?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:00 pm

@Valikdu
I'm pretty sure she wasn't saying that all critics are people with a vested interest in tearing down the story. In context, she said that the interpretation of Pip as a Villain Protagonist was usually done by people as part of a strategy to tear down the story, and that armchair quarterbacking - second-guessing choices outside of original context and with 20/20 hindsight - is not something practiced by honest critics. While I'm not behind most of her statements in that blog post - I think the concept of "hero" is kind of pointless, especially when analyzed to the nth degree and used as some sort of archetype, and that a gray portrayal of the pitfalls of the heroic archetype would probably have been more appropriate than a love letter to it, given the world of Fallout Equestria - I do think her words on dishonest criticism are pretty fair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:40 pm

@Selfbait
And perhaps Ironbait too? I forget if he likes Triptykon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Selfbait
And perhaps Ironbait too? I forget if he likes Triptykon.

Definitely Ironbait. I have some of Triptykon's stuff on a playlist.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:22 am

Lastbait:
http://madacon.deviantart.com/art/Chrisy-440379959
http://atryl.deviantart.com/art/30min-Challenge-Fiddle-Chrysalis-440202565

Swickedbait:
http://dashiehd.deviantart.com/art/The-Talk-of-the-Town-440251962
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:53 am

RoboRed wrote:Lastbait:
http://madacon.deviantart.com/art/Chrisy-440379959
http://atryl.deviantart.com/art/30min-Challenge-Fiddle-Chrysalis-440202565

I approve. Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:08 am

ironlulz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCVcfzwbGy4
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:02 am

I have given in and bought myself a used 3DS.

Got myself Zelda "a link between worlds" to go with it. Will probably also buy pokemon Y later, once I get paid.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:04 am

hue:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:31 am

Is anyone else having a problem with the banner ad at the top of the page being misplaced and overlapping the first post?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:57 am

Only when I'm on my phone Hinds. Other than that everything is good for me.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Lulz:

@Unrelated

As a way of getting myself back into writing, I'm seriously considering writing a comedic heavy metal-themed pony fic.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:01 pm

metal fan:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:12 pm

So I have like a box or so full of Froakie/Fletchling failures bred Pokemon that didn't meet my standards. 

Most of them have around 5 or 4 perfect IVs some have their hidden ability and their nature varies. (Most of the Fletchling appear to be Hasty though, More Speed Less Defense)

Before I put most of these on Wonder Trade I was wondering if any of you guys wanted them.

FC is 4141-3645-3210 for anybody interested.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Katarn wrote:
metal fan:

It's always awesome when musicians can act well and play well.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Katarn wrote:
metal fan:
Not showing up for me, and the tab where I directly pasted the link is stuck loading...
EDIT: Nevermind it's working now for some reason...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:15 pm

iLateralGX wrote:So I have like a box or so full of Froakie/Fletchling failures bred Pokemon that didn't meet my standards. 

Most of them have around 5 or 4 perfect IVs some have their hidden ability and their nature varies. (Most of the Fletchling appear to be Hasty though, More Speed Less Defense)

Before I put most of these on Wonder Trade I was wondering if any of you guys wanted them.

I'm interested in a Froakie if you still got one. Gonna be a few hours before I get back to my DS though.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:41 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:So I have like a box or so full of Froakie/Fletchling failures bred Pokemon that didn't meet my standards. 

I'm interested in a Froakie if you still got one. Gonna be a few hours before I get back to my DS though.
Alright. I'm assuming you would want one with its hidden ability so that means I have

Lv. 1/Timid(Higher Speed, Less Attack)/Missing Sp. Atk and Sp. Def IVs
Lv. 1/Rash(Higher Sp. Atk, Lower Sp. Def)/Missing HP IV
Lv. 1/Timid/Missing Sp. Atk and Speed IVs
Lv. 22/Rash/Missing Sp. Atk and Speed IVs

A lot of the Froakie ended up with Torrent as opposed to Protean so the list isn't very long. I could list the ones with Torrent too if you don't care about hidden ability.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:32 pm

And I, once again, have my tellular celephone. Also, I'm probably going to RTD on Wednesday and be back to training on the following Monday. Took fuckin' long enough.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Mister Frost wrote:And I, once again, have my tellular celephone. Also, I'm probably going to RTD on Wednesday and be back to training on the following Monday. Took fuckin' long enough.

I would have written to you, but I haven't been able to get to the post office.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:53 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:And I, once again, have my tellular celephone. Also, I'm probably going to RTD on Wednesday and be back to training on the following Monday. Took fuckin' long enough.

I would have written to you, but I haven't been able to get to the post office.
In the words of Drill Sergeant Blanchard:  "Dat soun' like a personal problem, 'ero. Beatch-yo-face." *Huffs Purell*
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:18 pm

By the way, Iron, I'll be sending you a copy of my research thesis, "Fuck 19-Deltas". Make sure the folks 'round here get a look at it.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:52 pm

Of course I remember that while I said I would take one I don't even know what I could trade for it, unless you don't mind a throw away Eevee that's been bred with no rhyme or reason for them. As for which Froakie, I'll take the timid one with the missing Specials.
In any case, my friend code is 1719-4555-9698.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:30 pm

Don't know if anyone else has seen this yet.:
Guard, does this count as your bait?
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Of course I remember that while I said I would take one I don't even know what I could trade for it, unless you don't mind a throw away Eevee that's been bred with no rhyme or reason for them. As for which Froakie, I'll take the timid one with the missing Specials.
In any case, my friend code is 1719-4555-9698.

Alright sweet. I don't mind a throw away Eevee I am not looking for anything particular.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:59 pm

Oh, wow, that Episode was actually really good. Score.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next