Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+61
cb5
ARoundCorner
Warbalist
Walker006
U_Flame
Plasticube
Mister Nikel
Ametros
thatguyvex
nebulous
Regolit
MLPOCG
Retl
Cptadder
CamoBadger
Katarn
maxuglov169
delorean
Boing
FoolNeim
Mobius04
Tacoman587
tylertoon2
WovenTales
Luminous Lead
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Aonee
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
Snipehamster
Train Dodger
Mr. Snrub
squeak-anon
Leoman
Moodyman90
Caoimhe
hawkeye92
Quotidian
CD
Downloaded Skill
The Holy Tuna
Overthepacific
Valikdu
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Ketchup
AGurdel
jacky2734
Admiral Stoic Rum
Vergil
WavemasterRyx
Derpmind
OneMoreDaySK
Somber
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
O. Hinds
Sindri
Icy Shake
SilentCarto
65 posters

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Paypal, and Somber's email address is at the end of every chapters.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy Thu May 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Kippershy wrote:My work doesn't deserve to motivate others. My work only deserves to be forgotten about.
Again, what did we say about the whole 'self-loathing' thing, BlackJack Kipper ?

That it's healthy?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 3:17 pm

*combo facepalm plus groan*

Look, we're going to have to get other this again...

Do you know that saying about poisons and dosage ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Nope, not heard that one actually.
And now I worry if we're just cloggin' up the thread now.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Well, it's been a slow few weeks anyway and I guess it can serve other people as well ? I don't fucking know...

Anyway, basically the saying goes like this :

"The dose makes the poison"

Which in this particular case mean that to not like some things about yourself is perfectly fine and normal in reasonable amounts, and that this can and should be a drive for self improvement ;

But when this reach a level where you hate yourself, when you feel you are worthless ? You're poisoning yourself. It's only destructive, and nothing good can come of it.

I guess what I'm saying is, I dunno, break the circle and learn to love yourself or some cheesy cliché shit like that ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Well, you have a good point, on every part of that. Still..

I can't love myself. Accept myself? Sure. But especially with my work, until I've rewritten / reformatted all of the early chapters until they're all to the same standard, it'll be seen as crap.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu May 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Kippershy wrote:Well, you have a good point, on every part of that. Still..

I can't love myself. Accept myself? Sure. But especially with my work, until I've rewritten / reformatted all of the early chapters until they're all to the same standard, it'll be seen as crap.
That you can improve things should only help you drive yourself. Just because things could/should be better doesn't mean that you should let yourself devalue what you already have. You have one muffin in hoof and two muffins in the bush. What you should do is eat the muffin in your hoof first, then attack the bush monster that stole your muffin horde.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Well, sure Kipper. *laugh*

I just meant that as a general advice, to be honest. Can't expect everything to be fixed forever just by going "lalala I'm AWESOME". I think we all know this isn't how things work. *laugh*

Just gotta balance all that emotional stuff, is all I'm saying.

(by the way, can we have a set of decent smiley which don't force me to literally write "*laugh*", "*smile*", "*frown*", and other basic emotions like that ?)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Derpmind wrote:your muffin horde
*writhes on the floor frothing at the mouth*

It's spelled "hoard"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 30, 2013 5:10 pm

swicked wrote:
Kippershy wrote:My work doesn't deserve to motivate others. My work only deserves to be forgotten about.
Heh, "deserves".
You wouldn't write it if you didn't find value in it, and people wouldn't read it if it wasn't worth their time.

I know, I know. I do find value in it and I do think there's more potential in the story than I can successfully make of it, but things like the beginning chapters being rough as all hell and some of the choices I've made through it all weren't the best and could have been handled a lot better by others.
I don't see how others find it good enough to love it like they do or find it motivating when all I see is ways I could improve it, ways I've failed it and the future for it which I doubt I could live up to / earn for it because I simply don't see myself as skilled enough to give it what it deserves.

Derpmind wrote:

I
can't love myself. Accept myself? Sure. But especially with my work,
until I've rewritten / reformatted all of the early chapters until
they're all to the same standard, it'll be seen as crap.
That
you can improve things should only help you drive yourself. Just
because things could/should be better doesn't mean that you should let
yourself devalue what you already have. You have one muffin in hoof and
two muffins in the bush. What you should do is eat the muffin in your
hoof first, then attack the bush monster that stole your muffin horde.

If it's not my best, if it's not the best it could be... it ain't good enough.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Well, sure Kipper. *laugh*

I just meant that as a general advice, to be honest. Can't expect everything to be fixed forever just by going "lalala I'm AWESOME". I think we all know this isn't how things work. *laugh*

Just gotta balance all that emotional stuff, is all I'm saying.

(by the way, can we have a set of decent smiley which don't force me to literally write "*laugh*", "*smile*", "*frown*", and other basic emotions like that ?)

True... true..
but this is me. I just... don't work like normal people.
Besides, why you typing out the smiley commands when you can just click 'em? Or do you not mean the pony smiles?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 30, 2013 5:18 pm

swicked wrote:

You may not be willing to say it in public, but you wouldn't be writing something you hated that much. I know you are happy after each completed chapter and arc, and you love all the feedback you get for it. It's not just that you wouldn't get feedback if it was actually crap, it's that you take the feedback and use it to improve that shows you take pride in your work.
So, to be perfectly honest, I don't believe you really don't value the work you've done; you enjoy your story and you enjoy your characters.

That your work has motivated someone else to write is pretty amazing, and you probably weren't expecting that strong a response to it, but that's a far cry from an earnest belief that you're just wasting your time with it or anything.

I dunno what to say. I mean, you're right. I do take pride in how it brings people joy to read (mostly) and I especially take pride in when people give positive feedback and say character x has done something that they really enjoyed. I don't think I could ever say that I've wasted time with it at all because deep down, I'm in love with it. Probably obsessive over my writing/story and some of that is because how much time and effort I've poured into it (as well as money for artwork, as a side thing) but you're right - it's also because I love the characters themselves.
I imagine it's how Somber feels about Blackjack and co.

Crimson and Cherry are my babies. I love Crimson like a son and Cherry as my daughter. I could never simply give up on them now, though I had my doubts at times before.
I want to give them the best, they deserve more than I can give is my issue.
They deserve more than they've got, definitely.

Last edited by Kippershy on Fri May 31, 2013 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar fix)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Kippershy wrote:Besides, why you typing out the smiley commands when you can just click 'em? Or do you not mean the pony smiles?
What I mean is that apart from How for "frown" (which frankly is more "disapproving stare" than anything else), there's no smilies in the five thousand available which properly convey "smile", and no one which convey "laugh". At all.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu May 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Kips I feel bad about upsetting you so I'm starting Broken Bonds tonight.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu May 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:there's no smilies in the five thousand available which properly convey "smile"
Why so serious? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 2113965524

no one which convey "laugh". At all.
u mad, Harmony? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 2937254162
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Heh.

I mean non-creepy, genuine smile, and good spirited laugh.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by thatguyvex Thu May 30, 2013 5:51 pm

FeatherDust wrote:I had an idea some time back for a tribe of island ponies descended from
the survivors of a fleet that was patrolling off the coast, or possibly
on the way to the zebra lands, when the bonds fell. Once it was clear
that a return home would be impossible, they set out to find a safeish
island within their fuel capacity, then disassembled the ships for parts
and shelter. (In my head one of the castaways was Lieutenant Pipsqueak,
his beloved Dinky likely killed in the apocalypse.) Naturally,
seaborne mutants and such would be a part if their everyday life.

I like the basic premise. I'd upgrade from just one island, to perhaps the survivors finding a whole small chain of islands to settle. Then perhaps there'd be a MoAS lab that was hidden on one of the islands, or underwater between the islands, that was sabotaged by zebra infiltrators. The lab might've been working on things like ways to alter and/or control sea life to use in the war.

Gah, got to stop thinking about this, only have so much brain energy for writing/reading things! Especially now that I apparently am going to be checking out Dark Shores, Ouroboros, and Broken Bonds.
thatguyvex
thatguyvex
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu May 30, 2013 6:13 pm

Anybody remember the physical descriptions of the three bucks from the Seahorse? Nails and Clink and whoever?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu May 30, 2013 6:48 pm

I'm in a bit of a hurry, so this is all I could get: Clink described in the bridge scene, in Ch. 54 is a brown earth stallion with heavy scarring and a pair-of-hoofcuffs cutie mark. On a quick search, it seems that Nails has never had a physical description, and as far as I can tell we don't know the name or description of the last rapist.

Also, in chapters 47 and 49, "Seahorse" (the only instance in each chapter) isn't italicized.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Somber wrote:Hee. Now you know what it's like...

In other news, no luck on the job front. Sick as a dog too, again. I dunno why but everytime I get a bug it hits me like a truck. Right now my skull feels pressurized. Fortunately Sindri donated some money so I could go to the doctor and get some antibiotics before it sets up shop in my lungs.

As far as 56 is concerned... ugh... its a mess. This whole year has been a mess! I wanted the Society to be one chapter and now it's turning into three! It's Hightower all over again. Sigh... I just need the school year over so I can focus on other things...
Three? Yay!
I do hope that things improve for you on the job and health fronts, though; let us know if we can help.

FeatherDust wrote:
I had an idea some time back for a tribe of island ponies descended from the survivors of a fleet that was patrolling off the coast, or possibly on the way to the zebra lands, when the bonds fell. Once it was clear that a return home would be impossible, they set out to find a safeish island within their fuel capacity, then disassembled the ships for parts and shelter. (In my head one of the castaways was Lieutenant Pipsqueak, his beloved Dinky likely killed in the apocalypse.) Naturally, seaborne mutants and such would be a part if their everyday life.
I had an idea rather like that, only the islanders were descended from the crew of the Last Laugh, Equestria's megaspell submarine intended to keep bombarding locations in the former Pax Roamana for several years after the end of a doomsday megaspell exchange. The submarine was also still functional, sunk in a shallow bay. It's an old idea, though, and I've not worked on it in a while.

FeatherDust wrote:By the way, if somebody wanted to donate to Somber, how would one go about that..?
Dona-- Ah, this has already been answered. Feel free to let me know if you need any more help with the process, though.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:

It's spelled "hoard"
What, you mean that you've never heard of the great muffin hordes? Scourge of the steppes, conquers of a thousand cities? Masters of eclairback raisinflinging? :D

Icy Shake wrote:Also, in chapters 47 and 49, "Seahorse" (the only instance in each chapter) isn't italicized.
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu May 30, 2013 8:52 pm

@FoE ocean setting: So I thought about taking that to the extreme, and I realized: Flood the entire planet! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 2113965524 As a setting, 'Waterworld with ponies' could have some interesting stories. Cloud structures and dragon-guarded mountaintops and Lyra the seapony! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 3007958872

O. Hinds wrote:What, you mean that you've never heard of the great muffin hordes? Scourge of the steppes, conquers of a thousand cities? Masters of eclairback raisinflinging? :D
This is what mistakes are for! Thank you for being hilarious. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 459784477
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 30, 2013 11:54 pm

Derpmind wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:What, you mean that you've never heard of the great muffin hordes? Scourge of the steppes, conquers of a thousand cities? Masters of eclairback raisinflinging? :D
This is what mistakes are for! Thank you for being hilarious. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 459784477
I try. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri May 31, 2013 12:08 am

Caoimhe wrote:Kips I feel bad about upsetting you so I'm starting Broken Bonds tonight.

You didn't upset me proper. I get annoyed at tunes when people follow the stereotype about 4chan simply because /b/ and a handful of trolls that make it look bad, (which in reality, it's more like Islam - you remember the bad stuff a lot sooner than you remember the mundane or even the good) but I don't actually get upset for more then a minute and then if it even lasts that long, I've already forgotten about it all pretty much.
Don't worry, I don't hold a grudge or nout.

Also, be warned I am rewriting chapter two at the moment so unless you're interested in seeing the horrific state of how I used to write... you'd be best waiting for that. hah.
Though thank you, Caoimbe. It's a lovely gesture that I didn't expect and I really do appreciate you even considering it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri May 31, 2013 7:59 pm

swicked wrote:Taint works on the non-living too, right? Would boats floating through tainted waters have a tendency to slowly transform into cottage cheese or some such?
Not so much. It's slippery stuff, in that it will eventually infiltrate, eat through, or leak out of anything you use to contain it or filter it out. Remember the barrels in Maripony? It didn't perform chaos on them so much as just corrode them away.

Here's my headcanon: Tricks like changing a cloud into cotton candy, reversing gravity, or making corn pop on the cob are a sort of "directed" or "focused" form of chaos. It's breaking natural law, but it's breaking it all in the same way over a large area. Taint, on the other hoof, is "unfocused". It doesn't perform the same change at the same time on adjacent particles in an inanimate object. Instead, it's more like... one atom turns into oxygen, another becomes antimatter, another teleports three inches to the left. That's why it affects biological systems more like a traditional mutagen than the sort of coherent changes Discord performed on the animals in his two appearances.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:

It's spelled "hoard"
Unless it's an army of sentient spork-wielding muffins laying seige to Canterlot.
Only one mare can save us now... Derpy Hooves
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:15 am

So uh. Any news on progress? Haven't heard anything from Somber is quite a while.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:41 am

tylertoon2 wrote:So uh. Any news on progress? Haven't heard anything from Somber is quite a while.
In this thread on the thirtieth of May:

In other news, no luck on the job front. Sick as a dog too, again. I dunno why but everytime I get a bug it hits me like a truck. Right now my skull feels pressurized. Fortunately Sindri donated some money so I could go to the doctor and get some antibiotics before it sets up shop in my lungs.

As far as 56 is concerned... ugh... its a mess. This whole year has been a mess! I wanted the Society to be one chapter and now it's turning into three! It's Hightower all over again. Sigh... I just need the school year over so I can focus on other things...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:07 am

O. Hinds wrote:
tylertoon2 wrote:So uh. Any news on progress? Haven't heard anything from Somber is quite a while.
In this thread on the thirtieth of May:

Oh sorry. Must have gotten muttled up with all the other stuff.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:21 pm

And now for something completely different: I actually read Chapter Eleven (now with more booze (both for me and in the chapter (but I didn't castrate anyone while reading it)!)).

Chapter 11 Editing:

Other Editing Matters:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Icy Shake wrote:And now for something completely different: I actually read Chapter Eleven (now with more booze (both for me and in the chapter (but I didn't castrate anyone while reading it)!)).

Chapter 11 Editing:

Other Editing Matters:
Ah, thank you very much.

Icy Shake wrote:Standardize possessives of nouns ending with an "s." Which way are you going with it?
We're supposed to use the American style. I've corrected the ones that you've pointed out here.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:36 pm

I'm seeing more edits than that. Why'd all these chapters get the touch-up today? Someone have too much time on their hands?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:08 am

Meleagridis wrote:I'm seeing more edits than that. Why'd all these chapters get the touch-up today? Someone have too much time on their hands?
I'm not sure what you're seeing, I'm afraid; my instruments indicate that I'm the only one to have edited PH today so far, and I've only worked from that post by Icy Shake.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next