Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+61
cb5
ARoundCorner
Warbalist
Walker006
U_Flame
Plasticube
Mister Nikel
Ametros
thatguyvex
nebulous
Regolit
MLPOCG
Retl
Cptadder
CamoBadger
Katarn
maxuglov169
delorean
Boing
FoolNeim
Mobius04
Tacoman587
tylertoon2
WovenTales
Luminous Lead
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Aonee
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
Snipehamster
Train Dodger
Mr. Snrub
squeak-anon
Leoman
Moodyman90
Caoimhe
hawkeye92
Quotidian
CD
Downloaded Skill
The Holy Tuna
Overthepacific
Valikdu
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Ketchup
AGurdel
jacky2734
Admiral Stoic Rum
Vergil
WavemasterRyx
Derpmind
OneMoreDaySK
Somber
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
O. Hinds
Sindri
Icy Shake
SilentCarto
65 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Ketchup wrote:Another two. I think I'll edit this post as I see them.
Spoiler:
Um, no please don't do that; it would be extremely inconvenient. I shall now be ignoring the spoilered part of this post. If you wish me to correct any more typos you find, please put them in a new post. If you wish to officially point out the typos you meant to put in this post, please either put them in the new post or include in the new post a statement that you have abandoned your plan to update this post. Sorry.

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Typos, will add more when found
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:06 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Spoiler:
Um, no please don't do that; it would be extremely inconvenient. I shall now be ignoring the spoilered part of this post. If you wish me to correct any more typos you find, please put them in a new post. If you wish to officially point out the typos you meant to put in this post, please either put them in the new post or include in the new post a statement that you have abandoned your plan to update this post. Sorry.
Eh... okay. Plan was to add additional spoilers, but I will abide by your instruction.
Very sorry.
Here's another.
Spoiler:
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Guess What?
Spoiler:

That's all I really have to say about the chapter.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Ketchup wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Spoiler:
Eh... okay. Plan was to add additional spoilers, but I will abide by your instruction.
Very sorry.
Here's another.
Spoiler:
Ah, thank you very much. Sorry if my particularness annoyed you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:22 pm

Well... didn't see that ending coming. I had to suppress a coughing fit it surprised me so.

Also because the whole dorm is on 24 hour quiet time for finals and I'm sure as hell not going to be the asshole making loud noises at 11 PM.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:41 pm

Spoiler:

Dat ending.
Playing Bioshock Infinite definitely sets up some opinions for what Blackjack will or won't do.
Curses, another month to go. Whelp, better start my countdown timer.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:44 pm

I want to make a witty retort about Bioshock Infinite, but between that game and the new chapter there's too many spoilers to be had.

Plus it's almost midnight so it probably wouldn't be that witty.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:58 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Spoiler:

Dat ending.
Playing Bioshock Infinite definitely sets up some opinions for what Blackjack will or won't do.
Curses, another month to go. Whelp, better start my countdown timer.
Ah, thank you. The doc is full now, but I've put this on a list.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Train Dodger Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:12 am

Found a typo:

Spoiler:

Also, Ketchup updated their post on the last page of this thread with another typo, but that was before Hinds laid down the law. Just in case, I'll repeat it here so it doesn't go unnoticed:

Spoiler:

Train Dodger
Train Dodger
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:14 am

O. Hinds wrote:
It did not. I should have been more considerate of convenience.

Only one more typo I picked up.
Spoiler:

All in all, the large amount of dialogue wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed the chapter, very relaxing.
And dat ending. Oh dear.

Didn't do a thought log, it's a hassle for me to do and keep place at the same time, so sorry to anyone who'd care.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:04 am

Train Dodger wrote:Found a typo:

Spoiler:

Also, Ketchup updated their post on the last page of this thread with another typo, but that was before Hinds laid down the law. Just in case, I'll repeat it here so it doesn't go unnoticed:

Spoiler:

Ketchup wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
It did not. I should have been more considerate of convenience.

Only one more typo I picked up.
Spoiler:

All in all, the large amount of dialogue wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed the chapter, very relaxing.
And dat ending. Oh dear.

Didn't do a thought log, it's a hassle for me to do and keep place at the same time, so sorry to anyone who'd care.
Ah, thank you both. The errors have been added to the list.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:52 am

Cptadder wrote:You post 55 in the middle of Game of Thrones?
That's cold man, ice cold.

It was pretty good though.
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:04 am

Well, good to see it's up. Sadly, I came into it in a bit of a bad mood after finishing Mortal, which left something of a bad taste in my mouth, and may have impacted my enjoyment of the early parts of the chapter.

Running Commentary:

Overall Chapter Thoughts:

Editing Matters:

As ever, many thanks to Somber and the brushing team. I hope that real life starts looking up, and really do appreciate the hard work you put into this.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:31 am

Icy Shake wrote:Well, good to see it's up. Sadly, I came into it in a bit of a bad mood after finishing Mortal, which left something of a bad taste in my mouth, and may have impacted my enjoyment of the early parts of the chapter.

Running Commentary:

Overall Chapter Thoughts:

Editing Matters:

As ever, many thanks to Somber and the brushing team. I hope that real life starts looking up, and really do appreciate the hard work you put into this.
Ah, thank you. The errors have been added to the list. Some of them have already been pointed out, but most have not.

Spoiler:
Also, um… I think that you may have gotten confused. Paradise is a separate settlement, unaffiliated with the Society, and we've not been there yet.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:28 am

Well, I was very much looking forward to the chapter, and I wasn't disappointed in the least! Even as a chapter that contained a large amount of exposition, it didn't drag at all, in fact it seemed to read very quickly

Thank you, Somber, Hinds, and Bronode for all of your hard work. I really do hope things will be okay for you, Somber, you have my best wishes for your well-being.

Initial thoughts:

As always, I shall try my best to get a full commentary done as soon as I can. Thank you and best wishes again to you, Somber. *hugs you gently*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 am

That ending, very, very clever.

And the clock is ticking Goddess, Clock. is. Ticking!
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:33 am

As much as I dislike the thought of being now firmly in the territory of "wait a month for next chapter to be released" instead of tearing into the story like at the outset, this chapter was still fulfilling. The ending just gushes with promises of political intrigue and byzantine power struggles, which I love reading.

Spoiler:

I'm also believing that after this chapter, we might see enervation and starmetal being used as Blackjack's kryptonite. Dawn should be well aware by now that Blackjack is a lot less protected from it, and it will at least stop her healing factor from making her overpowering. Just from a storytelling perspective, that brings back some vulnerability to the juggernaut Blackjack we've had since chapter 34.

Last, my expectations were that since this was another 11th episode, this one would be a lot more horrifying than it was. There was a suitably disgusting scene, but nothing that compares to 22 or 33. I'm not sure if I should feel disappointed over that. In the end, you still want to see Blackjack triumph despite the periodic meatgrinder she's put in.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:49 am

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, thank you. The errors have been added to the list. Some of them have already been pointed out, but most have not.

Spoiler:
Also, um… I think that you may have gotten confused. Paradise is a separate settlement, unaffiliated with the Society, and we've not been there yet.

Spoiler:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:12 am

So, I wasn't going to read right away as I have stuff to do, but i've gbeen told you did good, so ill let you know what's up once i'm home and have had a chance to read.
I really am hoping this will bring me back, I need something decent afterr that suicide by train.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:13 am

Hugs are good.

Although I'm not convinced that P-21 won't still do (or try to do) something incredibly stupid and counter-productive.

Like so:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Retl Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:22 am

Alternate Ending:

Point is, I found the chapter good fun.

Thanks for the work, Somber. Sorry about all the craziness you're dealing with lately, but here's to wishing you a much cheerier future.
Retl
Retl
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Toy Bloon
Species: Earth Pony

http://Retl.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:34 pm

Thoughts:
Spoiler:

Icy Shake wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:42 pm

Caoimhe wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Retl Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Simple Speculation:
Retl
Retl
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Toy Bloon
Species: Earth Pony

http://Retl.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:22 pm

First of all, I make the disclaimer that I -HAVE NOT- finished the chapter.
This isn't because I don't like it. I do. I just don't feel like reading it all in one go right now.

Likewise, the start of my review may not seem so keen but if you do read it, it gets friendlier and more positive as it goes on.

I'll give you part two tomorrow, once I've finished the chapter. Good job on the first half though.

Part 1:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 pm

If Kips is happy, all is right with the world.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Spoiler:

The tl;dr of this is I think this is solid writing, but in my case my own anticipation killed it for me. Also I might be doing a little too much academic reading.

Hail Queen Whiskey!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Overthepacific Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:01 pm

I hate to be the one who has to throw the metaphorical wrench into the happy gears, but someone has to do it.

Negative opinions, Read at your own risk:

Damn, I did not mean to end up writing that much. I suppose tl;dr Im neutral on this chapter, wasnt bad, but wasnt particularly good either. Even saying that, it wasnt a chore to read through like some have been, and I even wanted to read through the memory orb part for once. So, its a step in the right direction I guess.

Last edited by Overthepacific on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Overthepacific
Overthepacific
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 30

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:04 pm

Huh. I actually completely forgot about the ship. I guess you can file that under my "I don't really care about the Society" comment.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:13 pm

One of these days I'm gonna remember to to a running commentary. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 1751538862 It just doesn't feel right for me to praise stuff without giving specifics, and going back through now to pick out parts to say stuff about would take me longer than it did to read. I've said I'm slow at writing, but I might as well try and explain it: The more thought I put into what I'm writing, the more my pace represents a glacier. I read stuff at a good pace and can parse speech twice as fast as Pinkie Pie's, but sometimes my writing goes about ten times slower than I talk. If anyone knows how to make essay-complicated writing not feel like squeezing my brain through a straw, I will owe you, like, something.

Anyways,
Back on topic:

One last thing, just wanna ask everyone a question:
Spoiler:
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next