Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+29
Icy Shake
The Grim Thinker
iLateralGX
MrMagma
Game Master
Ametros
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
XT Vengeance
Karasu
Caoimhe
Quotidian
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
tylertoon2
CannonFodder
Ketchup
Kattlarv
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Kippershy
RoboRed
Ironmonger
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Stringtheory
33 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:45 pm

I'm trying to identify Snippy's new rifle, but I can't seem to find a clear shot of it
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by iLateralGX Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:http://www.falloutwiki.com/Blog:News/Bethesda_registers_Fallout_trademark_for_a_television_program

Discuss.
If I remember my classes on Intellectual Property well, in the context of the US legislation this mean they have 6 month to start effectively making use of that given trademark or they would lose it, forcing them to go through the process of depositing it again.

I am by no means a trademark expert of any sort. I am not sure if they actually have to use the trademark as much as defend it. Otherwise it becomes public domain which would be bad(For Bethesda).

Does that mean Bethesda must make some sort of television program within a given time frame from what your saying?(I believe the period is longer then six months, like I said though, not an expert)

Also I could have swore a trademark would "umbrella" the entire brand name. I doubt someone could have made an actual television series with the fallout brand before this.

I need to learn more about trademarks...
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:59 pm

Nah, trademarks only cover a determined domain.

They had a trademark for 'Fallout' as a series of videogames and as a game in general (thus why attempts by other to make a Fallout RPG have thwarted), but for example nothing would have stopped anyone to make a a 'Fallout' brand of soda, which is a completely different domain.

The exception would be for well-known brands, where there might be the possibility of confusing the consumer regarding the link between the different brands : that's why if you try to make 'Coca-Cola' brand condoms your application will be rejected.

I don't know how that would hold for the 'Fallout' brand in the case of a TV series (if the 'Fallout' brand would be considered as well-known enough), but Bethesda would have chances of losing the battle on that side if someone other than them deposited the 'Fallout' trademark for a TV Series and they tried to dispute the other's right to that brand.

Does that mean Bethesda must make some sort of television program within a given time frame from what your saying?(I believe the period is longer then six months, like I said though, not an expert)
They wouldn't have to release it in a 6 month timeframe, but they would need to at least start making publicity or communicating on it. Basically, they have to prove they are using the trademark.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:00 pm

@Harmony Well alrighty that answered all my questions. Thanks for the info.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:05 pm

Do keep in mind this come from just 8 hours of lessons on the subject and I was half asleep most of the time, so take it with a grain of salt.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:17 pm

Imagine this:

Black Templar-endorsed sports drinks.

"Emperade, brought to you by The Inquisition, contains literally severals of vital nutrients, vitamins and electrolytes to help replace the blood you spill from your holy human form in the service of The Glorious God Emperor Of All Mankind. It's been found by the Ecclesiastarchy to be free of all Chaos or Heretical materials, and has been shown in studies to increase fortitude when facing the heretical dissidents like Cultists, Gue-Vesa, and Genestealer Hybrids. Remember, citizens: stay vigilant, stay resolute, stay hydrated."
*takes sip and smiles*
*cheerful tone* "Thirst is heresy. Purge it!"
*a new speaker in a rushed, low voice*
"And now, your thought of the day, brought to you by the Inquisition: Better crippled in body than corrupt in mind."
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:38 pm

Thank you Twilight Sparkle
It's a commission I got of my OC Shayle.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 pm

To quote Oscar Wilde, that looks fuckin' tight, bro.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:01 pm

Thanks Twilight Sparkle
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:29 pm

To be honest, it's probably for the best I was too late to join this RP, Camo. Given the way I've been playing my most recent D&D campaign, by this point I'd have killed the entire town, attempted to kill most of the party, and found a way to kill you. All in the name of Quog'Zirathil, Jackal Lord Of Blood Whom I Did Not Just Make Up.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:54 pm

Does that most recent music game subject (Vangelis's "12 O'Clock") remind anyone else of the first time in Chapel's chapel when Blackjack met Lacunae (fitting both the church and the alicorn, at least until BJ made things interesting), or has it just been long enough that I'm forgetting the tone of that scene? Admittedly, that is the rather easy/obvious guess.
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:14 am

*sees notification in FIMFIction*

Camo, wat u doing?
Camo... hm, DON'T stahp!
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:28 am

Valikdu wrote:*sees notification in FIMFIction*

Camo, wat u doing?
Camo... hm, DON'T stahp!
I lol'd.
Glad you liked it Twilight Sparkle
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:21 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 184564_401950886558820_589034718_n

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:18 am

Captainpony Jean-Luc Picardpony is best captainpony.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:28 am

So much win.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:01 pm

It's a good thing that Wesley is a pony now.
Because all you have to do is take a cup of flour...

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Getreadytodie
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:48 pm

This is pretty well done. Just know that there's about 30-40 seconds a black, but it picks up again. So after it goes black, skip to 3:20. Personally I find the end part to be the best piece of the vid.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:11 pm

that was pretty cool
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:06 pm

That's pretty hardcore.

Imagine an animated FoE/ PH webseries.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:26 pm

'twould will be taken down for copyright infringement faster than you can sneeze.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Does anyone remember that time with the boasting of my R34 folder?
Well, uh... I kinda expanded.
A friend was nice enough... and you see...
well, let me show you.

(Yes, this is legit.)

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Mynewf10
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:47 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Mlfw6245-Mother_of_me...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Kip, I say this with the best of good will, and as a friend, when I say that you, sir, are a dirty, dirty, perverted man/woman/entity

Last edited by Mister Frost on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:50 pm

MolaDOS is pleased.
Continue testing.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 __when_the_testing_is_over__you_will_be_missed____by_theholytuna-d5eq6j6

I need to actually sort through my own images, as they just lay in a huge heap uncategorized. I'll report on the size of the R34 folder when I do it.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:52 pm

Valikdu wrote:MolaDOS is pleased.
Continue testing.

Spoiler:

Reminds me of a fanfic I once read, where Glados and Chell end up in Equestria along with most of Aperature Science labs. Hilarity/psychological torture ensues
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:00 pm

Ah, yes. "Better living through science and ponies", allegedly the best Portal crossover.
We have dismissed that claim.

Seriously, this one is much better written.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm following that one. It's good shit.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:05 pm

*falls over laughing*

It took fucking AGES to torrent though. It was a fucking bitch to do because so many fuckers DON'T FUCKING SEED.
but yeah. good shit and thoroughly organised.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:19 pm

What is a "blood drive" ?

Is it like a Mc Drive, but for vampires ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next